Start by marking “Tides of the Dark Crystal #3” as Want to Read:
Tides of the Dark Crystal #3

Tides of the Dark Crystal #3

Before you watch the upcoming Netflix series (The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance), read these original novels from J. M. Lee that tie into the events of the series.

Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Tides of the Dark Crystal is the third book in a series of original young adult novels set in the world of Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal. As the Skeksis turn on the Gelfling, Amri
Published December 24th 2018 by Penguin Workshop

To ask other readers questions about Tides of the Dark Crystal #3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tides of the Dark Crystal #3

Sarah Crawford
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the third book in this series. A group of Gelfling, including one in the body of a spider, are out to try to warn the other Gelfing about the true nature of the Skeksis and get some kind of resistance movement going. They meet other clans, talk to various leaders, try to survive a terrible storm, try to bring a tree back to life, fight a Skeksis and try to use their abilities to warn all Gelfling everywhere of just what is going on.

The story is done well and the scenes are interesting. T
Andi
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Yikes.

Of the three books that have been released, this one I think suffered in terms of plot. Nothing really was happening and it was full of character development. Character development however isn't enough to cover this book's ass.

Another thing: I dislike books that most of the scenes take place on a boat. I've seen some books where it works, aka Robin Hobb's The Liveship Traders. But boy oh boy, nothing happened on the boat and or the boat wasn't that determental to the plot. I groaned every
Danae Doub
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book and character of the series so far. Amri is a cool character to follow in his development. He battles fear and doubt in order to be lead bravely even when he doesn't realize it. His story teaches the reader that you don't have to be fearless to be courageous, but carrying on the right path (instead of the easy path) in spite of fear makes you brave. His humility makes his heroism even more meaningful. And again, he's another hero who's not afraid to accept help, which is good in ...more
Shawna Renteria
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Dark Crystal is so special to me, it has fond memories for me. Reading this prequel series is a joyride for me, and I cannot wait to see the Netflix show. I enjoyed this book, being the third in the series, I just wish they would come out sooner than they do. Mr. Lee keeps it open for the next book and it feels like forever to see what happens. I'm excited to see what is to come.
Heather
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third installment from Amri's perspective, a character I greatly enjoyed watching develop. Yes, this could be dubbed a filler, but for a die-hard Dark Crystal fan, its been a joy to see the lead-up story to the Dark Crystal I grew up with. Can't wait for book 4 and the Netflix show.
Brittany
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-finds
I am really enjoying this series and cannot wait for the final book in this series! I have been a huge Jim Henson fan all of my life and love diving into new works as often as possible! It is such a wonderfully nostalgic stroll down memory lane.
Kyuu~
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely not my favourite of the series. But it was still very enjoyable. Its definitely not the last book of this series but now I have to wait till the next book comes out.
Lee Falkena
Jan 13, 2019
Debra
Jan 16, 2019
J.M. Lee
Apr 12, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Christopher
Jill Hamilton-Krawczyk
Melissa Green
Aubrey
Dec 29, 2018
Born and raised in the great Minnesota north, Joe spent his formative years searching for talking animals and believing he could control the weather. After pursuing nerdy interests in comparative film studies, screenwriting, and Shakespeare, he graduated from the University of Minnesota with a much nerdier degree in linguistics with a focus in Japanese phonology.

In addition to writing novels, Joe