Start by marking “Miss Seeton Undercover (Miss Seeton, #17)” as Want to Read:
Miss Seeton Undercover (Miss Seeton, #17)

Miss Seeton Undercover (Miss Seeton #17)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  142 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The village of Plummergen is abuzz with excitement. A television crew has arrived in search of an apple--not just any apple, but the rare Plummergen Peculier, to be spotlighted in a special show on British food. At the same time, the police are on a search of their own for the elusive antique thieves who have burglarized a number of houses--and murdered an innocent man in ...more
Published October 1st 1994 by Berkley (first published April 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Miss Seeton Undercover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Seeton Undercover

Elaine Tomasso
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and Farrago for a review copy of Miss Seeton Undercover, the 17th outing for Heron Carvic's eponymous heroine and the 9th written by Sarah J. Mason using the pseudonym Hamilton Crane.

Plummergen is gearing up for the Harvest Produce Show which, due to problems with the church hall, they will be sharing with deadly rivals Murreystone. To add a frisson to the deadly rivalry there will also be a conker competition. In the meantime Chief Superintendent Delphick of Scot
Kim
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
I just finished this and I'm still not really sure what the 'mystery' was. Or were. Miss Seeton is NOT Miss Marple.
Karen Whittard
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Thank you to Netgalley, Farago and Hamilton Crane and Heron Carvic for the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.

You can read my review on both Amazon and Goodreads. From today. Goodreads under Karen Whittard and Amazon under k.e.whittard.

I love visiting the villiagr of Plummergen and catching up with all the characters and finding out what has been going on.

This time in the village there is a television crew looking for the rare Plummergen apple which will be spotlighted on a sp
Marie Balcazar
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best Miss Seaton. She was very under used in this book. Too many other characters cluttered up the book in my opinion.
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B01MXOSX6K
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I received a copy of "Miss Seeton Undercover" from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

Description

"Ibbl
Elissa
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I rounded up a bit because it is definitely more than a "mere" 4-star read although not quite "best in show." For those who follow my reviews you are aware that I haunt Netgalley until the next title appears and then put my feet up to enjoy. In this hectic holiday season I've fallen behind a bit but having Miss Seeton to turn to put Merry Mayhem in perspective.

The blurb/description will set you up for what happens at the harvest festival. The robberies and their ultimate physical toll (wel
Betty
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, arc, cozy
Plummergon is all excited as a TV produced is staying at the George and is looking for a special apple to due to a story on it. Most want their gardens to be a feature. The village is getting ready the annual Grand Conkers Contest with Murreystone. Sir George has revived the Village Watch. Miss Seeton is teaching at the school. The children are all excited by her method of hardening the Conkers (fruit of the horse chestnut tree). Scotland is looking for a gang of antique thieves. As usual, these ...more
George
May 26, 2009 rated it liked it
One of a series of mysteries involving Miss Seeton who is a Miss Marple type character. The central issue, a series of art and antique robberies by a couple of gangs, serves primarly as a background issue through much of the story while a lot of time is spent dealing with the personalities and and issues of the village Miss Seeton lives in. Miss Seaton has a past record of helping Scotland Yard solve mysteries and so she is again used to help solve the on going robberies.

A bit of humor and much
Nancy
Apr 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mysteries
I don't know where I got this book---perhaps passed on by a friend, perhaps at a library "bag sale," but I had no business reading it.

I struggled through the confusing "village chatter" and tiresome descriptions of the little-old-lady detective who was no doubt supposed to be clever and engaging and instead was annoying and totally unbelievable.

My compliments to the author for finding a publisher and apparently selling many books in this silly series. Honestly, I don't know how she did it. That
Eileen Hall
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plummergen - a hot bed of gin parties, conker tournaments, prize vegetable competitions, theft and murder.
All in all a normal day at the office for Miss Seaton!
Great read and very highly recommended.
I was given a digital copy of this book by the publisher Farrago via Netgalley in return for an honest unbiased review.
Judi
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun story, but the conversation, especially of Miss Seeton, is rather convoluted and sometime I had to read a sentence a few times before I figured out exactly what the character was trying to say, as well as other regional words and spellings. Apart from that, it's a very entertaining book.
Chris Curtis
Mar 04, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I tried but could not get interested in this book. Maybe if I read the series from the beginning and got to know all the characters it would be different. It seem to be much more about the characters than they mystery plot.
Michelle
Jun 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
I like Pollifax better, good, sometimes confusing
Peggi Warner-lalonde
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really expected to enjoy this, but i found it difficult to follow.
Shanna
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Absolutely wonderful !!!! Keeps you laughing with every turn of the page. Miss Seeton is a riot, the world needs old girls like this!
Elizabeth White
Mar 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Too difficult to follow. Disjointed. Was there a plot? I have a vague idea, but lost interest almost immediately. As I recall the very early Miss Seeton books were much better.
Barbra
Patricia
rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2017
Runa Bunæs
rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2016
Jan 02, 2017
Wanda
Jan 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Hamilton Crane is the pseudonym adopted by Sarah J. Mason when she was invited to continue the Miss Seeton series originally created by Heron Carvic, who died in 1980. “Hamilton” after her hall of residence at St Andrews University (the big red building behind the 18th green on the Old Course) and “Crane” to continue the bird theme – a crane has a similar form to a heron.

Series:
* Miss Seeton

More about Hamilton Crane...

Miss Seeton (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Picture Miss Seeton (Miss Seeton, #1)
  • Miss Seeton Draws the Line (Miss Seeton, #2)
  • Witch Miss Seeton (Miss Seeton, #3)
  • Miss Seeton Sings (Miss Seeton, #4)
  • Odds on Miss Seeton (Miss Seeton, #5)
  • Miss Seeton by Appointment (Miss Seeton, #6)
  • Advantage Miss Seeton (Miss Seeton, #7)
  • Miss Seeton at the Helm (Miss Seeton, #8)
  • Miss Seeton Cracks the Case (Miss Seeton, #9)
  • Miss Seeton Paints the Town (Miss Seeton, #10)