Start by marking “It's Not Your Mother's Bridge Club” as Want to Read:
It's Not Your Mother's Bridge Club

It's Not Your Mother's Bridge Club

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
2006 award winning author of "A Line Between Friends" and rising fiction star Michele Cozzens now brings us "It's Not Your Mother's Bridge Club," the character-driven story of eight women who are middle-aged, middle to upper-middle class, and in the middle of each other's lives. They live in a fictional town in southern Arizona called the Rattlesnake Valley, which is a "pi ...more
Published August 15th 2008 by Sandy Point Resort

To ask other readers questions about It's Not Your Mother's Bridge Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Not Your Mother's Bridge Club

Laurel-Rain
Aug 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
In the desert Southwest, eight suburban women gather regularly to play a game that they have dubbed The Snake Eyes Dice Club. "It's Not Your Mother's Bridge Club" is an inside glimpse into the lives of this group.

Theirs is not a card game, but a dice game known as Bunko. A game that originated in the 1800s, it went through several transformations over the years.

We are introduced to the individuals when the story alternates between them, and snippets of the tale are revealed from each woman's poi
Betty
Aug 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Women, young adults, some men, and anyone who loves a good dice- or card-game.
Recommended to Betty by: Lots of people, including other Amazon reviewers.
A slice of life while playing dice! Fantastic!

When I first glimpsed the clever title of this book, I knew it was about the game of bunko because my daughter Allie belongs to a group who meets monthly for a fun night of friendship and female bonding ... without the distraction of kids, pets and hubbies.

Award-winning author Michele Cozzens wrote this character-driven novel which is the story of eight middle-aged, middle-class women who gather monthly for a lively game of bunko (often called bunco)
Robin Goldsby
Nov 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Vodka on the Rocks with a Twist of Bunco

Michele Cozzens rolls the dice, shuffles the cards, and stirs up a mixed bag of emotions with her clever plot twists and rich characters. Whether you play Bunco, Bridge, or Scrabble, you'll relate to Cozzens' warm-hearted, funny, and intimate portrayal of the women's gaming clubs springing up around the world.

I had trouble putting this book down. By staying in the first person and constantly shifting the point of view among eight (!) women, Cozzens has se
Kathleen
Sep 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying that I'd never even heard of Bunko nor have I visited Arizona. So, it was really entertaining for me to learn about this dice game and be introduced to this world through wonderfully colorful descriptions. Many of these women are going through some complicated issues from alcoholism, infertility, the loss of a child to rotten ex-husbands. It's a very intimate portrait of their lives, losses, imperfections, disappointments and, most importantly, friendships. This is tough s ...more
Taylor
Oct 30, 2008 added it
i love this book
Caffers
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: bunco-chick-lit
The way these women acted and interacted was ridiculous. I have been in both bunco groups and book clubs, and this story just did not ring true to me.
I enjoyed the style of writing,...first person narrative switching between characters. But didn't really care about the characters so much.
Kind of an interesting read, yet disappointing.
Becky
Sep 29, 2008 rated it did not like it
I felt obligated to finish it because it was a book club book, but I hated it. Similar in story line to "Angry Housewives Eating BonBons" only....LAME!
Melissa
Nov 16, 2012
Matin ahmadi
Aug 25, 2008
Michele
Aug 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ward
Michelle
Angela
Shelly
Oct 30, 2008
Michele VanOrt Cozzens is anticipating the release of her sixth book, How-to Achieve Your Dream Life: Start-up Advice From a Successful Innkeeper (McKenna Publishing Group). She is the author of I’m Living Your Dream Life: The Story of a Northwoods Resort Owner, The Things I Wish I’d Said, A Line Between Friends and It’s Not Your Mother’s Bridge Club. (McKenna Publishing Group). Irish Twins ...more
More about Michele Cozzens...