Start by marking “The Faceless Woman (The Otherworld, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Faceless Woman (The Otherworld, #4)

The Faceless Woman

(The Otherworld #4)

Once upon a time…

A town will only suffer the presence of a witch for as long as she is useful. Aisling watches the flames lick her thighs and prays for a quick death. But when an Unseelie prince appears through the smoke, she does what any self respecting witch would do.

She curses him.

Bran should never have traveled to the human realm, and is shocked when a witch binds
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 315 pages
Published July 3rd 2018 by Emma Hamm

To ask other readers questions about The Faceless Woman, please sign up.
Emma Hamm You sure can! All the books in the Otherworld (Other than Heart of the Fae and Veins of Magic, they're a duology) can be read without reading the…moreYou sure can! All the books in the Otherworld (Other than Heart of the Fae and Veins of Magic, they're a duology) can be read without reading the others!(less)
Emma Hamm Hello hello!

Hello hello!

Absolutely planning on making Audiobooks for the entire series! Veins of Magic is currently in production (same voice actor, I wouldn't do that to you, I promise!). I will definitely take a peek at Angela Dawe and see what I can do <3 <3 (less)

Emma Hamm
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

I'm so excited for this book to be released into the world! Bran and Aisling's story is by far my favorite (sorry Eamonn, even this author is #teambran now). I thoroughly enjoyed writing this story, and I cannot wait for it to be in your hands.

This one is for all the women out there who've always felt a little "witchy" ;P

Pre Order today!

Find me on my Facebook for daily updates, snippets, and fan art!

Follow my Blog for extra content, information on characters, and bits of writing that won't be
Joleen (starlightbooktales)
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Need more Bran
mo
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
aaaand another very quick mini review:

similar to how I felt about sorcha from heart of the fae, aisling was a great protagonist - distinct, complex, and wonderfully witchy. i liked the deuteragonist and love interest, bran, quite a lot (i'm weak for the snarky-and-flirty-to-hide-internal-strife trope. very weak.).

i thought the banter between the two leads was great, and that their relationship unfolded deliciously, if a little quickly. that said, i tend to go for super slow-burn romance, so my p
Kayla
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Previous books in the series:
Heart of the Fae - ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Veins of Magic - ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bride of the Sea - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I knew I was not gonna be dissapointed in this book because the whole series is great. It was blurbed as The Swan Princess meets Celtic Mythology and I couldn't agree more.
I have really liked all books in this series/companion books and I'm sure if there are more coming out, I'll pick the, up.
Alexandra
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1018, favorites
I received an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Following closely Emma's writing has been a delight in the past months. Having discovered her books accidentally, after scouting Goodreads for a good "Beauty and the Beast" retelling, I fell in love with her pose and writing style, not to mention the seamless way, she weaves Celtic mythology with classic fairy tales!

Her upcoming book, part of the Otherworld series, features the Swan P
Showie Ford
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Again with the cover! Every book in this series has a cover to die for. I cannot get over how beautiful they are. I need paperbacks. I need them on my desk all the time so that I can just look at them all day! “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover” is an excellent saying, but in this case, go ahead. This cover is fantastic, and it’s not even one tenth as amazing as the story.

Now, the technical: The characters are amazing. Filly developed and intriguing, both Bran and Aisling kept me on my toes. I ha
Juliette Cross
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such an exciting, compelling world! Emma Hamm has done it again with her newest addition to the Otherworld series. I loved the mystery behind Aisling's curse. And Bran! So adore him. The snarky banter between these two set the stage for some great chemistry.

With a fascinating and alluring journey back into the Otherworld, Hamm spins a tantalizing tale full of both wicked and sometimes friendly Fae. You don't want to miss this one!
Adrianna
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This has been my favorite of the series so far. Who knew something so good could get even better? Partly, I think it's because the dynamic between Aisling and Bran is really well done and snarky--I like snarky--but I also think my partiality may just be my own preferences. This is a pretty dark novel and I really enjoy that aspect. There's something about Aisling that you can relate to, even if you can't really relate to her life experiences. Everyone has some part of them that they hold in rese ...more
Ari Reavis
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I loved it. I LOVED IT. The Witch and Unseelie Prince stole my heart. I enjoyed every single part of this story. The magic, the danger, the romance, the adventure, the secrecy, the action. Trying to piece together Aisling and Bran's stories was my absolute favorite part. Actually learning their stories, what they were both running from and to, was beyond anything I could have guessed.
Seeing them go from hating each other (but secretly both wanting, needing to know more about the othe
Minni Mouse
DNF at 23% because stories about faeries aren't my thing...but then I skimmed the last three pages and all right, I'm somewhat invested...

I'll pick this up someday (perhaps?) if I'm ever in the mood for Celtic mythology meets Swan Lake faery retelling.
Suey_Library
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy by the author in exchange for an honest review - thank you Emma***

Holy nuggets comrades - this cover. This synopsis. Nothing I can say in any amount of words can convey how much everything consumed me with The Faceless Woman. If the prologue didn't captivate you like it did me, then I am going to start questioning your sanity and mental comprehension.

Returning to the world I love, we are faced the with deliciously naughty Bran, the Unseelie Prince from Heart
Angelina
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I loved it so much that it took me 3 weeks to gather my thoughts about my review.
When I finished "Veins of Magic" and I read that Emma, herself, said that Aisling is her new favourite character, I felt offended. I mean - Sorcha is the best, you can't beat her, right?
So I decided I will read "The Faceless Woman" only to prove to myself that Emma was wrong. Little did I know, how utterly enticing Aisling is (I mean, Bran - I liked him a lot ever since "Heart of the Fae").
I w
Mathilde Paulsen
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars. Witches? Check. Unseelies? Check. Sassy main characters? Check. Did I highlight 33 things in this book? Check.

I loved this book so much!! All the magic and witchcraft and curses and secrets and aaaah. It's been 3 days since I finished reading it and I am already looking forward to a re-read lol! Emma Hamm's writing is magnificent as always, I was dragged head-first into this story and it did not let me go until the last page. The world-building in this book was awesome, we finally go
The Word Nerd Reviews Blog
description

If, for whatever reason, you have been postponing reading this latest instalment – STOP RIGHT NOW – this book is fantastic, and that ending, wow, that ending is a difficult one, but I just cannot see it as the end of Bran and Aisling’s story, and I can’t wait to see how it’s all resolved.

The Faceless Woman returns to the ‘present,’ that is, the time of Sorcha & Eamonn’s story. Now those that have read my other comments on this series will know that I have been a massive Bran fan since the fi
Michelle | michelledevoursbooks
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Emma Hamm is a weaver of worlds.

She starts with individual threads: folk tales, side characters, witch spells. These are combined into an intricate tapestry of magic, mystery, family, tragedy, and love. The Faceless Woman took two threads from Hamm's Otherworld series (Bran and a passing witch) and created a breathtakingly eerie and dark adventure.

We are introduced to Aisling, a kindhearted but cursed witch who just wants to help those in need and feel wanted in return. As many witch-y tales go,
Brittany Elizabeth
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of The Faceless Woman from Emma in exchange for my honest review.

And my review will start with the fact that this is HANDS DOWN Emma's best book yet.

|life could be good if she only remembered the possibilities|

The Faceless Woman starts with a fire. Literally. Aisling, a witch who lives in the human realm is being run out of her town for simply being herself. When she begins praying for a quick death an Unseelie Prince appears in the crowd and her natural response is to curse hi
Willowmyst
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a very late gush for a superbly crafted book. I can't say enough how beautiful Emma's writing is. I discovered her after HoTF and I said it before and will keep saying it: poetry written in prose.
I love, love this book. And I'm afraid if i gush anymore I'll just embarrass myself.
Please keep on writing and sharing your lovely stories, Emma. Rooting for you so much!
Jenna
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook version of this book.

This was a fascinating listen. Loved the adventure and seeing the story unravel and what curses Aisling and Bran had. In all honesty, I've never heard the original Swan Princess so I have nothing to compare this retelling to. However, I really enjoyed this author's writing. Great Story!

I loved the slight British accent the narrator has/used. Really made this fantasy/fairytale/romance come to life. Very pleasant voice and excellent performance!

I r
Annette

I was not prepared for it to end like that. 🤯
Michaela Whitney
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-won, 2018-read, fae
First of all, I want to say Thank You to Emma Hamm for an opportunity to read an ARC for this.

It's been a very long time, over 15 years since I've come across another author who can capture this kind of heartbreakingly beautiful, otherworldly magic in words. I'm so glad for this tale, and series and especially this author for bringing these to life. It's everything I wanted and more.
I have a soft spot for Irish folklore and mythology (ever since I picked up a copy of Daughter of the Forest by Ju
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Am I the ONLY person in the world who wasn't 100% in love with this book?

I didn't hate or love this one. To me it was okay, and I'll tell you why. The beginning of the relationship between the H&h is like a 2x4 to the skull. There's no subtlety, and honestly it was grating. There's the immediate physical attraction, which is fine. That happens in real life. She's a spitfire trying to find her destiny, he's running from his destiny and doesn't want any responsibility- all fine. But the back a
Kelso Kappel
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book during a recent trip to Cuba and boy was I not expecting to love it like I did. The book is a part of an ongoing series of fairy tale reimaginings. This one re-skins the swan Princess. It follows a young witch whose face has been glamored so no one can see her. When the villagers revolt against finding out Ainsling is a witch, they set to burn her at the stake. As the flames start to feast, Ainsling places a curse on a bystander watching from a distance to bind his life to h ...more
Melissa Levine
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

Every week I receive an email from Audiobook Boom. A few weeks ago, I decided to be daring. That means, I went and requested all of the listed books. I figured, I'm getting tired with my usual genres, so I wanted to try something different. Strangely, out of the close-to twenty books offered and submitted for, I only received a handful back. Needless to say, this was one of them.

So, looking at the cover, well...it was definitely eye-catch
Somia
A retelling of the Swan Princess fairy-tale, in this 4th book of the series, we are given the story of ‘witch’ Aisling and the Unseelie prince Bran. I really enjoyed this book, especially the second half, which had me absorbed. Luckily despite being engrossed in this book, dinner didn’t burn and came out pretty good. I definitely see myself re-reading this.

Bran makes an appearance in book 1 and 2 of this series (the story of Sorcha and Eamonn), and Aisling first pops up in book 2: Veins of Magic
Jhommie Kem-ing
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For the audiobook version

I haven't read anything like this! This fantasy romance is super amazing. I love how the story went even though the ending was bitter sweet but we all know what happened to the swan lake princess right? I did fell in love with the characters so much I wanted to learn witchcraft myself to lift their curse which of course is very impossible.(please excuse my day dreaming)

The narration by Siobhan Waring was also amazing!
Justine Barr
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cursed woman without a face. An Unseelie Prince, outcast and physically deformed. A cat familiar who is more than he appears. In The Faceless Woman, Emma Hamm elegantly weaves the tale of these three characters into a world of fairytales and nightmares.

Readers are treated to a quest of three tasks, monsters that must be slain along the way, and a love story to rival any princess tale. Recommended for any fan of dark, magical stories and all who all who appreciate a tale well told.
BlushedBindings
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Swan Princess is one of my favorite fairy tales and this book is now one of my favorite books! I was so invested and engulfed by this story I completely forgot about the whole retelling aspect. Bran *melts* Aisling *melts* the two of them together throughout this book *melts* The are delightfully hilarious and steamy and completely full of passion. They just sometimes (or almost always) have a different idea of what direction to take their passion. This is a journey that is masterfully woven tog ...more
Melanie
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Faceless Woman is such an amazingly dark and twisted retelling of Swan Lake. All I have to say is WOW!!! Once I started I couldn’t put it down. This story is so well written and the world building is amazing! I am definitely #teambran and I loved the characters and how they changed throughout the story. It is the first I have read by Emma Hamm and now I am off to read all the other books in The Otherworld Series!!!
Himani
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Emma Hamm's first two books in the Otherworld series, where Bran plays a minor character role. He intrigued me and I was happy to see that his story would be forefront in The Faceless Woman.

Emma Hamm has a gift for writing fantastical settings and Fae. The Seelie and Unseelie lands are filled with monsters and imagery that will stick with you (easily my favorite thing about The Otherworld series is the way the monstrous stuff is explained. Things like (view spoiler)
Heidi {GeekyInkedReader}
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

Once upon a time…
A town will only suffer the presence of a witch for as long as she is useful. Aisling watches the flames lick her thighs and prays for a quick death. But when an Unseelie prince appears through the smoke, she does what any self-respecting witch would do.
She curses him.

The Faceless Woman is a Swan Princess retelling told with witches, familiars, and Unseelie princes, and it captivate

• Shadowed (The Academy of Spirits and Shadows, #3)
  • The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn, #2)
  • Untitled
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • Wolfskin
  • Untitled (Dreamer #3)
  • Blacksouls (Blackhearts, #2)
  • Shadow Crossing (Shielder #4)
  • The Book of Peril (The Last Oracle #2)
  • Ghost Walk
  • Aurora Abroad
  • A Duel of Evils (Raven's Shadow #3.5)
  • 水神の生贄 6 [Suijin no Hanayome 6] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #6)
  • Le guerre del mondo emerso: guerrieri e creature
  • A Lâmina na Alma (Tigana, #1)
  • The Sleeping Life (Eferum, #2)
  • Return to Sleepy Hollow (Sleepy Hollow #2)
  • The Affair of the Mysterious Letter

We all know you don't really care about reading my background. Enjoy Cap instead.

The Otherworld (6 books)
  • Heart of the Fae (The Otherworld, #1)
  • Veins of Magic (The Otherworld, #2)
  • Bride of the Sea (The Otherworld, #3)
  • The Raven's Ballad (Otherworld #5)
  • Curse of the Troll (The Otherworld, #6)
“You are a midnight woman, made from the ashes of witches burned, wielding magic born from their screams.” 1 likes
“People acted who they really were when they were frustrated.” 0 likes