Start by marking “You Promised Me Forever (Forever Yours, #1)” as Want to Read:
You Promised Me Forever (Forever Yours, #1)

You Promised Me Forever

(Forever Yours #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  539 Ratings  ·  128 Reviews
I’ve got it all, they say. I’m the starting quarterback for the best NFL team in the league. I’m rich. I’m famous. I can have any woman I want, any time I want.

Paperback, 1st Edition, 274 pages
Published August 30th 2018 by EM Publishing (first published August 29th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about You Promised Me Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Promised Me Forever

Tasha and Megan Mahoney
There were some things that I really liked about You Promised Me Forever, and some aspects that I was less taken with.

I liked Jordan and the fact that despite his success and resentment he is at heart a decent guy.

I really liked the writing style and the way that the dual Point of view was separated into paragraphs and there was never any doubt about who we were with in any particular moment.

The writing quality was excellent and the chapters were just the right size for my taste.

I wasn’t over ke
Monica Murphy
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
YPMF_2months

Revealed the blurb for YOU PROMISED ME FOREVER today! Here it is:

Yeah, I’ve got everything—except for the one who got away. How do you move on from loving the same girl since you were in the seventh grade? She promised me forever until forever got too hard and at nineteen, she dumped me.

By text message.

Now she’s walked back into my life.
Melanie (mells_view)
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
So fun to read adult versions of Amanda & Tuttle. While I’m sad they broke up, I’m also sort of happy, because we ended up with this story! They are dealing with some of the same issues from high school, but on a much higher level now, and with more adult decision making skills. It’s an enjoyable read, and it gets pretty steamy at points too. Hope we get to see more from some past characters that showed up in this book!
Christie«SHBBblogger»
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
This... did not work for me. And it was only after I finished the book that I understood why. And yes, I did finish it; it was like that urge to watch a car crash in slow motion, and I couldn't look away. I had to know how it ended.

But here's why. You see, a lot of people have rated this book highly on Goodreads, and I noticed a trend with the reviews I read. A lot of these reviewers had read the author's books before, notably her YA romance, More Than Friends . Well, dear readers, it turns out
Elle's Book Blog
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Release Date: August 29, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance. Sports Romance.
Actual Rating: 4 stars

This book was a really fun read for me because it was nice to catch up with Amanda and Tuttle from Monica's YA series, Friends (https://bit.ly/2NajuiV). In this one, everyone is grown up. Amanda and Tuttle aren't exactly as close as they used to be, but watching their relationship pick back up again was interesting. The pacing was pretty fast- almost too fast for my tastes- but it worked for the
Libby Harrison
Did not finish because the h was suuuuppppeeerrr annoying. Her best friend spoke the truth:

"Lena turns, her eyes blazing. “If you don’t want him, you should let him know. Not lead him on.”

I take a step back. “I’m not leading Cade on.”

“You so are. You’re being incredibly selfish right now, Amanda. Cade’s already halfway in love with you, but some other guy is sending you expensive flowers. It’s making you look…” She clamps her lips shut and shakes her head.

“It’s making me look what?”

Lena’s upp
Robin Bielman
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sexy, second chance romance! Tuttle and Amanda had so much chemistry their attraction leaped off the page. Reunited lovers is one of my favorite themes and this one was super fun and heartwarming.
Three Chicks
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Review by Lisa Kane

I loved Amanda and Tuttle's romance from the Friends series. Two complete opposites, she shy and unassuming, he popular and confidant. I thought when I read the last chapter that was it for them. But nope-it seems they broke up in college and he went on to be a big time NFL star.

She gave up on me. I gave up on her too. And that's hard to admit.

Six years have gone by since Amanda Winters broke Jordan Tuttle's heart by breaking up with him. Both have gone on with the
Sofia Lazaridou
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
You promised me forever is a second chance book, but at the same time, it didn't feel like it. Jordan and Amanda have a history together, they were in love with each other once upon a time, they broke up, moved on with their lives and after a documentary, they got the chance to talk and see each other again. Both of them have mostly got their break up behind them and accepted it. We don't get to see a ton of bitterness from either and at the same time there is a part of them and mostly from Jord ...more
Luisa Rivas
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
A second chance romance with an NFL football player? My type of book! Jason Tuttle is the starting quarterback in the San Francisco team, enjoying his third season. Amanda is a hard-working assistant physical therapist. They were childhood friends, then high school sweethearts. They were dating during their senior year and part of Jason’s first year in University, on a football scholarship. He was so busy with his new life that he ignored Amanda, until she dumped him via text.

Amanda used to have
Anne OK
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
An easy quick sports-related read with, of course, the star quarterback and a second chance with his high school sweetheart. A little bit of a different quirk in this one -- and I liked it! Tuttle was what all book boyfriends and especially star quarterbacks are -- gorgeous and built and every girl's dream. Amanda was an overload of self-doubts and iffy on the second chance. The love was strong -- even if the problems seemed to be swept under the rug in the insta fashion.

Yeah, I enjoyed it, but
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-love
So y'all know that Second Chance Romance is my jam, add in Sports Romance and I'm in heaven. That being said, while enjoyed You Promised Me Forever, I think I would've enjoyed it more had I known that it was the continuation of a relationship established in a previous series (Friends) - then I would've read it first and been more familiar with Tuttle and Amanda and the scope and breadth of their relationship. This was also a case where I had lopsided feelings towards the characters (I liked him ...more
Mary at USAT's HEA
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interview and recommendation appeared on USA Today’s Happy Ever After on August 29, 2018.

You Promised Me Forever is one of the best second-chance romances that I’ve ever read. Monica Murphy captures all of the tumultuous, exhilarating and sometimes overwhelming feelings of two people who once loved each other desperately reuniting and trying again. My eyes were glued to the page, my heart was beating loudly, and I was near-giddy with anticipation from the moment Jordan and Amanda exchanged their
Caitlin Audet
Monica Murphy has severely spoiled us with You Promised Me Forever, book one in the new Forever Yours series. Jordan Tuttle is back in all his glory and more perfect than before, as impossible as that sounds. I highly advise starting the previous Friends series first to get all the history of Jordan and Amanda as to fully understand these two and how everything came to be.

Who says social media is just to post silly things or read fake news? One message from Amanda Winters is all it takes to brin
Peggy M
4,5 stars

When I started this book I didn’t know that there was already a YA book (Friends series) out about this couple. I didn’t read that series so it was my first encounter with Amanda Winter and Jordan Tuttle. For reading this book, it didn’t matter that I haven’t read the ‘Friend’ series but for myself, personally, I would have like to know before starting this book. Because then maybe I would have read that series first. But like I said you don’t have to read that series to read this book.
Anna K
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc, favorites
And I’m all in for Amanda and Tuttle!! I just can’t get enough of them! #cuddlewithTuttle

At first I was scared to start reading You Promised Me Forever because I’ve been so in love with Amanda and Tuttle (Jordan) in “More Than Friends” and “Forever” that I wasn’t sure if they would still hold my heart in this book, but as soon as I started I couldn’t put it down. Amanda and Jordan stole my heart immediately. Their story as adults is just heartbreakingly beautiful as their love story as teenager
Melissa
You Promised Me Forever was a very well written second chance romance. I really love this authors writing style!
Becca
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Monica Murphy and I always get sucked into her books.

I did not read The Friends Series where I would have met Tuttle and Amanda... but that didn't take away from the book for me and this book can totally be read as a standalone.

From the start, I loved Tuttle and how he wasn't going to allow Amanda to slip away from him once again. Jordan was committed and sexy and sweet and so so swoony. I wanted to shake Amanda at times, but I could totally see where her doubt was coming from. I see that
Avidez Literaria
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
“You. Me. I refuse to make the first move. I’ve done that time and again over the years, and you still ended up destroying me.”

Amanda and Jordan were high school sweetheart and they were completely in love. He was the star of football, rich and popular. She came from a family where money was always tight, full of fears and insecurities. In their first year of college, Jordan went to study far away and Mandy stayed in town, going to community college. The distance, the absence of Jordan and her i
Chu
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
They were the perfect couple, and they have the perfect relationship, until Amanda gave up on their relationship. Years later Jordan is one of the hottest quarterback in NFL, he’s rich, famous and have women at his beck and call. It was a TV special that had her curious and had her DM’ing him over IG. What she didn’t expect is for him to reply and remember her. Soon, he’d invited her back to them game, and back into his life. Will they take risk and have their relationship work out this time? Or ...more
Stephanie
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
She promised me forever until forever got too hard and at nineteen, she dumped me. By text.

You Promised Me Forever (Forever Yours) is a spinoff/sequel from the “Friends” series. It features Amanda Winters and Jordan Tuttle. The Friends series is filled with so much YA/teen/high school drama. And Monica Murphy nailed the whole high school drama thing on the head!

You Promised Me Forever brings us into the adult world, six years later. Life became busy as Amanda and Jordan became adults. Choices we
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
I thought I loved Amanda and Tuttle in “A Friend’s Novel Series” but I fell deeply, madly head over heels in with them in “You Promised Me Forever”.

Amanda and Tuttle’s story is heartbreaking. It’s real. It’s honest. Makes you feel everything from your head to your toes. It’s angsty and loving. Everything you wanted and more.

I didn’t know if I wanted to read this book at first. I loved them in Forever and I didn’t want to tarnish those feelings but I gave in. Curiosity killed the cat.

In this b
MJ
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books, arc
Sometimes I crave a love story of two people who were meant to be, no matter what. And with You Promised Me Forever, Monica Murphy gave me exactly what I needed. I have adored Jordan Tuttle since the Friends series of books and now we get him as an adult with the yearning he has for Amanda Winters just as fierce as ever.

I can't thank Murphy enough for allowing me to be there when Jordan and his Mandy find one another again after 6 long years apart. But make no mistake about it, there is plenty o
Catty Jane
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
****4.5 STARS****
****ARC Received for Honest Review****

Oh my Cali girl Monica did it again….She roped me in first with this title. My grandparents had been married for 64 years, until my grandma passed at the end of May. My grandfathers words while she was passing were,”64 years is not enough, when she promised me forever.” So, I knew this was a book that I HAD to read and I prayed that Monica would make me feel moved in this story, and I believe she did just that.

I don’t do spoilers, so if that
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
It was a real pleasure to read this book, as I have had a soft spot for Amanda and Jordon after meeting then in More Than Friends.
So meeting a mature Tuttle was pure pleasure, he had everything he wanted in life, but it was empty without Amanda. Amanda thought she was okay until she saw him being interviewed, and messaged him.
So if you have followed their romance this is a must read, but if you haven’t followed the couple from high school, this is a w
Isha Coleman
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A love in transition equals a heartbreak on the horizon. Can Jordan and Amanda forgive the mistakes of their young love and take a chance on building something new? Nobody does the angst of teen aged love like Monica Murphy. You Promised Me Forever takes a detour on the highway of regret and pain before it reaches the ramp of goodbye. It's hard to appreciate what you have until you lose what you always wanted. A life lesson hard earned, but that we're so much better for. What started with a swee ...more
Juls
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 #Jordan+Amanda Stars

I do love a good second chance romance. I just had a harder time liking this one as much. Amanda was super selfish and broke up with Jordan only to pop back up into his life. I dont think she ever got over the idea of having someone have that much celebrity power to make her comfortable yet here she is trying to make the relationship work. she never worked that shit out of her system or even tried. But now they are back to square one. Had she manned up she would have had al
Dimaris rossy
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You have to fall in love with Tuttle, there is no other way. It is great to see how these characters have evolved. Jordan is a complete grown up and he knows there is no need to waste more time. Amanda is full of doubt and insecurities but there is no passing an opportunity for a second chance when the pull towards each other is so strong. You will like everything about Tuttle! His determination, passion, attention to detail, his intensity. You will envy Amanda and would want to be in her place. ...more
Rebecca Gates
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a 3.5 Star for me. I love Monica Murphy and everything she writes. Please don’t take my 3.5 as a bad thing. I enjoyed the book! It’s a quick and easy read. Murphy has a way with words and stories that makes them fun and easy reads, which I love.
We’ve followed these characters and I loved them going into this book. I know they have a history so I guess that’s why things happened rather quickly but it was just a little too quick for me.
I love a good second chance romance so I enjoyed that
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: http://bit.ly/2b1SzV6

Check out my Facebook page for more info & regular updates: http://www.facebook.com/MonicaMurphya...

Hang out with me on Instagram!

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice