Start by marking “Spider-Gwen, Vol. 6: The Life of Gwen Stacy” as Want to Read:
Spider-Gwen, Vol. 6: The Life of Gwen Stacy

Spider-Gwen, Vol. 6: The Life of Gwen Stacy

(Spider-Gwen (2015) (Collected Editions) #6)

To defeat Matt Murdock, the Kingpin of her dimension, Gwen has to let Venom win! But there's a problem -if Murdock dies, then so does Gwen! But that's the least of her worries, as after recent events Gwen has found herself on a one-way road into darkness. And the only one that can help her find her way back to the light...is Gwen Stacy. Is the universe trying to save her, ...more
Published October 2nd 2018 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Gwen, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Gwen, Vol. 6

Start your review of Spider-Gwen, Vol. 6: The Life of Gwen Stacy
Chad
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
A dud finish to a dud comic. First Gwen travels to an alternate dimension where she meets herself a few days before the Green Goblin kills her. There's a whole lot of nonsense with the Watchers of these alternate earths along with some garbage about a secret cabal of Gwens who even the Watchers can't follow. It's all a bunch of bunk. Then Gwen comes back to her earth where she reveals her identity to everyone and chooses to go and stay in prison. It doesn't make any sense. It's as emo as emo ...more
Paul E. Morph
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
It's no secret that I'm not a fan of this book, or this character, but even I have to admit that the last couple of issues of this run were pretty good, particularly the finale.

Time to see what the new creative team can do with Spider-Gwen, I suppose...
Wing Kee
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
An EMO end to a very EMO series.

World: The art is great, I love Roriguez and his art, he makes this world a thing all it’s own with the tone, the linework the framing. His sense of motion and character is absolutely fantastic. The only issue I had was with the penultimate issue when Roriguez could not keep up and wow the art in the last couple of pages...just take a look. The world building here is solid, it’s what we’ve come to expect from this creative team, it’s similar to 616 but differnt
Lucie
Not my favourite volume for sure, as it didn't have as much action as previous ones, but I loved seeing another Gwen and I'm a bit sad to let this series go, I really loved this world and the art was stunning.
Lesley
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easily the best handful of issues in the entire run. Every single one was beautifully illustrated and beautifully written and so, so fun to read! Definitely went out with a bang. Tied everything up so well, and was all so interesting. Just great storytelling. I only hope the new Ghost-Spider series carries on the strength of this finale.
Chris Lemmerman
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
[Read as single issues]

Gwen Stacy, meet…Gwen Stacy? With the events of Gwenom still fresh in her mind, Gwen finds herself face to face with the 616 version of herself, only a few days before she dies at the hands of the Green Goblin. What does her older, alternate self want? And even if Gwen can decipher this new mystery in time, can she cope with the fact that the entire world now knows her secret identity, while trying to take down Matt Murdock once and for all? And, most importantly, can she
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read Spider-Gwen Vol. 6 as single issues through the Marvel Unlimited app.

Spider-Gwen Vol. 6: The Life of Gwen Stacy is the final volume in this run of Spider-Gwen. But don’t worry! Her story is far from over. This just marks the end of Jason Latour’s writing for the series. Seanan McGuire picks up the reigns from here.
Gwen Stacy has been through a lot these past few years. But now she has to be up for fighting one last foe (for now): the Kingpin. Matt Murdock has been making her life a
Salvador
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
1) I want to mention that comics are absolutely valid for reading challenges and yall can fight me on that
2) this review is for the entire run of Spider-Gwen because I ain't writing one for every other issue
3) the art style is Amazing in this series, honestly I love the drawing style and colours so much
4) Gwenom looks so badass I want her to step on me
5) Captain America is a black woman and at one point she just kicks Matt Murderdock in the face and I want everyone to know that
6) oh boy,
Tundextra
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: spiderverse
The final volume of this season exemplifies the issues with this book hard to read art and understand storylines make the book hard work to read and twice as hard to determine reality, characters and any nuances... it'll be interesting to see what the book will feel like with another creative team - but this is the end of the road for Spider-Gwen for me... she looks much cooler than her stories. 6 out of 12.
Sol
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Gwen meeting her alternate universe self was a stroke of genius. I probably enjoyed this book the most. I’m proud of her ;-;
Clara
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm not the biggest fan of where this story went, but I absolutely love Gwen Stacy, and this was a nice conclusion to the series.
Caitlin
As much as I enjoyed Spider-Gwen, I feel as though this got a little convoluted towards the end.
Kyle Dinges
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez bring their long run on Spider-Gwen to a close with this sixth volume. It's really commendable they were able to do as many issues as they did with a fairly consistent level of quality and without having to cycle through artists.

Unfortunately, the volume as a whole was very uneven. The Gwenom and Matt Murdock storyline's are brought to a somewhat satisfying close before a very strange two issue long story that's brought to an incredibly rushed conclusion using
Scratch
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Why have I kept banging my head against a wall reading Spider-Gwen? I don't love the artwork, and I'm finding that I despise the story.

This world just isn't fun. The "funny" way the Watchers were portrayed was... Not funny. Cosmic beings were treated for laughs, where some writers have previously treated them with reverence. The alternate-future kids born between a version of Gwen and a version of Miles Morales are also just... Not funny.

Some good messages here about accepting responsibility and
Roman
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, marvel
The 2015 run of Spider Gwen, has been one of my favorite series of comics to read. It hasn't been perfect at times, and with the numerous cross-overs its hard to read every permutation of Spider Gwen in media; but regardless it didn't need to be perfect. No story is. What this series of comics had though was heart, and a beautiful broken character in Gwen. I haven't seen a more complicated story of what happens when you're given powers, but there is no rolemodel for them, no rules, and only ...more
Angela
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
The final volume of Spider-Gwen is so hard for me to rate. I never really fell in love with it as a series, but, wow, I loved the idea of it. Vigilante police officer Frank Castle? Sign me up. One of the most iconic characters in the Marvel universe meeting his tragic end to be a new heroine’s origin story? Yasssssss. Black, female Captain America? *Swoons.* Evil Kingpin of Crime Matt Mur(der)dock? This is everything I never knew I needed in my life.

I loved the world this version of Gwen Stacy
Jamie Revell
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The conclusion to this particular series is once again let down by the artwork. Most of it is okay, if not really my thing - and there are some nice stylistic touches with the alternate universe scenes - but at one point, the usual artist was unavailable, and the art switches to a sketchy cartoonish style that simply doesn't work, especially given the seriousness of the scenes in question. Leaving that aside, the story isn't too bad, starting off with Gwen stuck in an alternate reality to her ...more
Adam Fisher
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Finishing up this title, I wonder what happened. Having seen the new animated "Spider-Verse" movie, Spider-Gwen is still a viable and fun character. But here, she feels both rushed and lost at the same time. Dealing with her meeting of (616??) Gwen, getting out from under the thumb of Kingpin Matt Murdock, standing trial, and her stint in jail after her identity is revealed to the world... Just a little hard to follow overall. Seems like she has a future in the Marvel Universe, as Ghost Spider? ...more
Danielle
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel, comics, favorites
This was easily my favorite of Latour's run, and I'm really happy with the way it wrapped up.

I think my favorite part of it is what it says about Gwen's character and comics in general - it talks about how traditionally, Gwen Stacy is destined to fall off the bridge and she's always played a passive part in Peter's story. This run is about making choices, and what that means for you and other people. I also appreciated the parts that commented on the prison system. This made me a solid fan of
Rocky Sunico
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spider-man, comics
As much as this largely felt like it started as a fun series to celebrate a fan favorite (the comic even tells you she's a fan favorite) but they crafted a pretty rich narrative for Gwen that we haven't really seen in recent Spider books. This volume really brings things to a new height as we have Gwen thrown into a new universe plus the fact she's still bonded with the Venom symbiote. How this plays out is quite personal to Gwen (or even other Gwens?) And the way it tied up in the end really ...more
M.
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ethan Hulbert
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010s, author-male, comics
Darkness! Angst! Internal demons! The Gwenom fusion continues to be the coolest thing ever and Gwen makes it fucking work. I loved - LOVED - how this all wrapped up.

Really I'm just sorry that it DID wrap up. I wish this kept going forever, I would read the hell out of this series to eternity. The ending did feel a little rushed, but not really that bad, and really I think it's just a symptom of me not wanting it to end.

Absolutely loved Spider-Gwen.
Adam
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-volumes, 2018
Honestly, I’m surprised with how this series lasted six volumes. No disrespect to the author and illustrators, but the multi-universe, world-jumping aspect of the story was not handled in the proper way; everything just got way too confusing, especially with keeping track of which characters are from which universe. Oh well.
Jason
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had forgotten how much I loved this series. A run of 34 issues with the same writer and artists (with a few exceptions) that tell a finite story in the capes world, almost unheard of. This book (and the series) can be dark and the meta angle with the Watchers may not work for everyone but overall, a quality book.
Alex
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved every bit of this series but these issues felt so pretentious and rushed. That could be because ideas best explored over months and intercut with more thrilling b stories were crammed in to a few issues with no space to breath.

Can only hope after the event and her rebrand Gwen is in a series half as cool as this was
Matt
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Collects Spider-Gwen (2015B) issues #30-34

This was a great send-off for Jason Latour run with this character. I especially liked some of the Multiversal stuff that appeared in the early issues. I'm excited to see more from Earth-65 in the future.
Rye Bread
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
End of the run. Great shakeup of the usual spider-person story arcs. So perfectly setting up the expectations on well worn spider-man story and flipping it on its head.

Im sad to see this series end but it ended well.
Bryce Perry
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Why do all the good books end? And why with such lackluster endings? This wasn't A BAD book, but it felt so much like a "hurry up and wrap everything up before they turn the lights off and kick us out" kinda thing.
Joel
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This serial by this creative team was a bomb of great quality. It was difficult to read this story and not get overcome with inspiration. The visuals were great to see coming from Marvel. The chances taken by the team are fantastic.
Casey Anderson
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Over all probably my least favorite SpiderGwen, but, I did like how it ended the series. Art is fantastic per usual. I got a little lost in the story though. Like I was missing something. But, it was still great.

• Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider, Vol. 1: Spider-Geddon
  • Champions, Volume 3: Champion for a Day
  • Gwenpool, the Unbelievable, Vol. 5: Lost in the Plot
  • Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Vol. 4: Coming Home
  • Spider-Geddon: Covert Ops
  • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, Vol. 4: Are You Okay, Annie?
  • Champions, Volume 4: Northern Lights
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 10: Time and Again
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Vol. 3

Spider-Gwen (2015) (Collected Editions) (7 books)
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 0: Most Wanted?
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 1: Greater Power