Start by marking “Moira Ashe: Enemy Within” as Want to Read:
Moira Ashe: Enemy Within

Moira Ashe: Enemy Within

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  37 ratings  ·  23 reviews
A blood moon is rising above Abalon. Werewolves, once heard of only in whispers around the borderlands, have been spotted in villages and towns mere miles from the capital, and the king is worried - worried enough to send Lincoln Clarke to find help.

But hunters this far from Abalon aren't exactly keen. Lincoln's gone through half a dozen leads before he finds Moira Ashe lu
Published March 28th 2018 by Brendon Bertram

To ask other readers questions about Moira Ashe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moira Ashe

really liked it 4.00  ·

Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Moira Ashe (Enemy Within) tells the story of a werewolf huntress who harbours a huge secret, which if revealed could destroy her reputation.
I went into this story not knowing to expect, as this is my first time reading the author’s work. Nevertheless, as this was a story about werewolves I figured I would have a good time with this one. Well, it did not disappoint, except for the length and the abrupt ending. Thank goodness, I have book two ready and waiting on my kindle.

Lincoln went searching f
Mandy
Sep 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
I finally found time to breeze through this book, which I received free through a GoodReads giveaway. The problem is this isn't a book. This is the first two chapters of what would be a much longer, larger book with wherein the worldbuilding hinted at in these 100ish pages would have expounded on. There's a lot of glimpses of a much bigger world, but this short little thing gives you all of a stolen glance of what it could be and makes you settle for what it is.

Sadly, what it is isn't that great
Jessa Julian
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth time I have tried to start this review. Why is it so difficult to write? Bertram definitely had no problem writing his book! Because of the brevity of the book, this will be a relatively short review.

I fell in love with Moira immediately! What a spunky little lady! I loved that she had so much depth to her and that she was not afraid of doing what needed to be done even in difficult situations.

Lincoln was another wonderful character! What a dork! I loved laughing at his intern
Jessica Bronder
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Werewolves were only stories at the borderlands until now. Abalon is seeing the werewolves in the villages and cities. The king is starting to get worries and sends Lincoln Clarke to stop them. He tries to recruit help but no one is willing to step up. Then he finds Moira Ashe, werewolf hunter extraordinaire. After a lot of bribing she finally agrees but Moira has her own secrets about why she is such a great werewolf hunter.

Lincoln is not the brightest pea in the pod but he is charming and obl
Caitlin Garrison
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick and easy read for anyone who is into suspense and the paranormal. We find ourselves on Abalon where a werewolf is causing fear and resulting in innocent deaths of the townspeople. One of the main characters, Lincoln Clarke, works for the King at the Capital. He is appointed to the position and goal of figuring out how to kill the werewolves. After meeting with many people, all of whom reject his offer or are not helpful, he finally finds Moira Ashe. With a little bit of bribery and the p ...more
Sarah Berry
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The werewolf with a secret of her own

Lincoln Clarke is looking to help his home country where lycanthropy has broken out. To do so, he must search out Moria Ashe, an infamous werewolf hunter, and learn all he can. He finds her easily enough, but convincing her to help him, proves more difficult. Once they are out on the hunt, impressed by her skill and company, Lincoln begins to enjoy being around Moira. He even questions his feelings, but unbeknownst to Lincoln, or anyone else, Moira has a secr
Talia Wong
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this book. I'm a huge fantasy nerd, and a fan of most vampire and werewolf stories. Unfortunately, this one misses the mark - the writing is awkward, with dialogue that feels unnatural and contrived, characters whose motivations and actions are either naive or embarrassingly simple, and a plot that you can predict within the first few pages.

There is nothing new here - it's an old-fashioned werewolf tale, but Bertram for some reason decides it is necessary to review all t
Ella (The Story Collector)
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Werewolves have been sighted in Abalon. With a full moon approaching, the king is worried, and sends Lincoln Clarke to find help. In the corner of a dark tavern, he finds Moira Ashe, an experienced werewolf-hunter. Reluctantly, she agrees to let him join her on a hunt to learn how to deal with these beasts. But Moira has her own secrets to protect, and letting Lincoln tag along might not be the best of ideas.

This is a very short book and therefore very quick to read. The story gets straight to t
Erin Hayden
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Strong female protagonist!

I’m not sure how many pages the print edition has since I read it on Kindle, but this reads like a novella. I was surprised to find that it isn’t already part of a series, since it feels like one. There’s certainly enough backstory, foreshadowing, and rich side characters for more to this story. I hope he writes them because I would read them!

I really enjoy fast paced, character driven science fiction. This was a delightful read. Well balanced and good pacing. I’m not
Hanum
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a relatively short fantasy book, too long for a short story but not quite long enough to feel like a full book. The characters and setting were unique, but the plot fairly predictable with just a few twists and turns. It definitely was entertaining though and I read it easily in one sitting. Some of the writing was a bit awkward and hard to follow but I think that was partially because the author also used language to establish a setting. The book ended a little abruptly, so I'm interes ...more
Serafina
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fast (you jump right into the story) and fun read about werewolves, which no one in this kingdom of Abalon really thought still existed. The King is worried about their threats to the village, so he sends out Lincoln Clarke to find help. When Lincoln finds werewolf hunter Moire, they are racing the clock (the next full moon could be disastrous) and Moire knows more than she's told anyone. I liked Moira and the way that she kept her own secrets. This definitely feels like part of a lar ...more
Desiree Derouen
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than expected

Damn Authors and their Damn Drop off endings!!! Dammit!! Tough Wolf hunter extraordinaire character meets out of towner who has been searching for help for their cities’ Wolf 🐺 problem; Once Mrs Moire meets Mr Lincoln Clarke everything goes crazy 😜 good from there........ &&& somebody has a secccreet (singsongie) hehehehehe 😱😱😱😈 Will it be revealed?!? Will these two partners survive the mass murderer on killing spree throughout the town?!? Highly recommended

I re
Bob Cantrell
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new take on the werewolf

When I started this book I was thinking the traditional werewolf story. That is not what I got in this story what I got was a story of a werewolf that was trying to control its curse. How you might say well Moira Ashe hunts what she is. The story was to me a straightforward hunt to end a werewolf's reign of terror without exposing Moira's true nature. The cast of characters are realistic bunch some likeable some not. Would I read another story like this one yes, because
Space Cowgirl
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Werewolf🐺 Hunters🔪🗡🔫 Unite!

Moira is a werewolf hunter🐺 extraordinaire in this unique and fast paced book about werewolves🐺 in a fantasy land that seems to be back in the regency period of time. Weapons are powder and ball pistols or blunderbus, knives, or swords.

Lincoln arrives from another country as a stranger. He is there to learn how to hunt werewolves🐺 from Moira, his reluctant teacher. His country has just one werewolf so far and he wants to know how to kill it as quickly and safely as pos
Dawn
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was a very disappointing book. I'm okay with short novels usually, but this felt so rushed with very little given to character development, so they all felt a bit flat.
There are numerous glitches (though I may have received a much earlier copy) including typos, punctuation errors, and a lot of wrong words used (coach for couch, query for - possibly - quarry, etc.).
It's a shame because the concept is brilliant.

I voluntarily reviewed this book after receiving a free copy.
Hurdie Styles
I think this has the potential to be a book I could really enjoy ....BUT I feel like I was dropped into the middle of a story and was never given the beginning. Who is Moira and where did she come from?? How did she get into her present predicament.?? Who is Lincoln and why was he sent on his errand?? What is the mystery about his wife?? Where is the rest of this story?? I am not interested enough to go looking for it in another book. ..if there even is another book
Hannah Brown
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brendon Bertram does a fantastic job of pulling the reader in from start to finish. A relatively short story, every sentence is filled with energy and wonder. Moira and Lincoln's adventure together makes for a great tale that keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. I hope there are more adventures for Moira in the making!
Laura McClintock
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great mix of fantasy, paranormal, suspense and great adventure. This story keeps you hanging on throughout. Bringing werewolves into the mix is just an added fun element. Highly recommend if you want a quick, short and interesting read. Unfortunately the ending leaves you hanging and wanting more.
Katie
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good story just in time for October

. I liked the plot twist and the character Moira. There were a few places where the POV would suddenly switch without warning, but otherwise a good story.
Glenda Dykstra
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting. I think i have part of the tale before

This was well worth the read. The lone Hunter who isn't what she seems and the medic from another place. I do hope they end up as partners
Zach
Aug 25, 2018
Jessica Brown
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Lincoln Clarke is out on the hunt for a highly recommend experienced hunter named Moira Ashe in a small family built town named Quinn for an out of control werewolf problem. But what he experiences in his short time there is all curiosity and adrenaline as he tries to track down the vicious beast and protect himself along the way. Secrets become revealed and safety becomes necessary as Lincoln and Moira face their own battle of trust before time runs out and the full moon shows it's true effect ...more
Patty
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
As a fan of werewolf and supernatural in general, I thoroughly enjoyed this short story by Brendon Bertram. Packed full of energy and imagination I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. Love the character of Moira as she's such a strong female character, which we could always use a lot more of. I really hope there is a sequel or even better yet, an entire story because it seems like there is so much more story to tell.
phyllis
  • The Box Under The Bed
  • Supernatural 6
  • Ghost Stories
  • The Edge of Life
  • Horror Stories (Scare Street Horror Short Stories Book 4)
  • Vampires: Boxed Set
  • Frankenstein The Graphic Novel
  • The Bank of the River (The River #1)
  • Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist
  • The Accidental Exorcist
  • Before You Sleep
  • Free-Wrench (Free-Wrench, #1)
  • Moon of Israel
  • Murder of a Werewolf (Brimstone Witch Mystery #1)
  • Enduring the Crisis
Award-winning author, Brendon Charles Bertram, was born on May 28, 1994. Working on the family farm on PEI, it wasn’t until March 27, 2015, after the death of his father he pursued writing. He continues to live on PEI, but now occupies his time with travelling the globe, reading texts on philosophy and psychology, and exploring a deep fascination and passion for storytelling.