Start by marking “Finding Their Way Home” as Want to Read:
Finding Their Way Home

Finding Their Way Home

Compelling, thought-provoking, and sometimes raw. A finalist for the Book Excellence Awards of 2019. This is a collection of poems that will inspire you and touch your soul.

In her debut book, Brenda Baker explores our shared humanity and the human condition. Throughout, she introduces a wide range of characters from all walks of life - inviting the reader to share intimat
Published April 5th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Finding Their Way Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Their Way Home

Start your review of Finding Their Way Home
Nildene
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, poetry
So I’m in a poetry mood lately but I’m still trying to find what I like and don’t like.

This collection was a mix of poems I enjoyed and poems that I didn’t enjoy, and I actually took the time out of my reading to highlight some of my favourites. There were poems about mothers that really resonated with me, as they seemed to feature love and loss in balance – and as someone who has lost their mother, they just really hit close to home.

Other poems i found dragged quite a bit and i ost interest in
Jantine
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the few books (poetry or otherwise) in which I have left bookmarks on my e-reader to look at every now and then.

The poems are heartfelt, sometimes gritty, and they hit home with me every single one of them. Baker is an artist with words.

I received a free copy through Netgalley, in return for an honest review.
Leasha Shontell
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This collection of poems can be relatable to so many people in the world. It is about people finding themselves and who they are. Finding thier self worth and moving forward no matter what or who stands in thier way. The poems have pain, you can actually imagine what these people are going through, but it also have hope and faith as they get through their problems, and strength to keep fighting on. They are survivors and fighters. These poems are an inspiration to so many people, myself included ...more
Shannan Williams
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely wonderful book of poetry. The author really shares from her heart. Some of these poems are heart-wrenching and I felt a pull toward the author as she shared such heartfelt poems. These will grab and tug at your heart strings. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to more from this author. Excellent book and it gets 5***** from me.

*I received a copy of this book from the author and all opinions stated are my own*
C. Spencer
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! The author's words dominate the pages of this book and provide intellectual unadulterated views of the world directly from her heart. This is not your normal book of poems, it is life's perspective that leaves you thinking long after reading the final page. (less)
Mzamo Phiri
Oct 05, 2018
Karen
rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2020
Dora Okeyo
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartfelt, raw and quite remarkable.
If you love poetry, then this is something to read.
Thank you Netgalley for the eARC.
Jane Norman
Kimberly
Jun 22, 2018
Nute
Jul 02, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Book Excellence Award Finalist for Poetry 3 146 Jun 20, 2020 12:55PM

• Fae Hunter (Slayer Academy #2)
  • The Legacy (Slayer Academy #1)
  • Forbidden Love (Slayer Academy #3)
  • The Royal Gift (The Common Kingdoms, #1)
  • Letters to a Young Poet
  • Falling Up
  • The Tinkerer's Daughter (The Tinkerer's Daughter, #1)
  • What They Meant for Evil: How a Lost Girl of Sudan Found Healing, Peace, and Purpose in the Midst of Suffering
  • Working My Way Back To Me: A Frank Memoir of Self-Discovery
  • Buzz Saw: The Improbable Story of How the Washington Nationals Won the World Series
  • Bridge of Spies: A True Story of the Cold War
  • Unpunishable: Ending Our Love Affair with Punishment
  • The Adventures of Geraldine Woolkins
  • Touched by Heaven: Inspiring True Stories of One Woman's Lifelong Encounters with Jesus
  • Jem Strikes Gold
  • The Faith of Queen Elizabeth: The Poise, Grace, and Quiet Strength Behind the Crown
  • Into the Fray
  • How Happiness Happens: Finding Lasting Joy in a World of Comparison, Disappointment, and Unmet Expectations
Brenda Baker lives in Labrador City, Canada. She is a substitute teacher and occasional blogger. It's through blogging that Brenda discovered her love of the written word.

A self-professed coffee and music addict, you will often find Brenda with a mug nearby while listening to her favorite music and writing in her spare time.

Brenda dreams of becoming a full-time writer when she grows up. Along the