Start by marking “Warriors: Path of a Warrior” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Warriors: Path of a Wa...

Erin Hunter

Warriors: Path of a Warrior

(Warriors Novellas #13-15)

A collection of three thrilling, never-before-seen novellas in the #1 nationally bestselling Warriors series: Redtail’s Debt, Tawnypelt’s Clan, and Shadowstar’s Life.

Discover untold stories about three dedicated warriors: a ThunderClan warrior who dared to stand in the way of the ambitious cat who would become Tigerstar; a ShadowClan deputy who made the difficult decision
Published April 9th 2019 by HarperCollins

Start your review of Warriors: Path of a Warrior
Diana
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Redtail's debt ★★★★★
Tawnypelt's clan ★★★★★
Shadowstar's life ★✩✩✩✩
ıllıllı αíndч ıllıllı
I should have finished A Vision of Shadows first... Tawnypelt's Clan had so many spoilers... ...more
Isabella McPhee
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall, this book was really good I think it had some amazing stories in it and I really enjoyed it.

Redtail's debt 4/5
It's not that this book was bad, but it was just really slow, but a good gap filler, even though it says that Oakheart died because of Redtail killing him instead of him getting killed in a rockslide but it still was enjoyable

Tawnypelt's clan 5/5
I really liked this one, it takes place right before The Raging Storm. (I think) We get an actually interesting view of the Tribe of
Ariana
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 7 out of 10

Overall, this was a pretty good compilation. It had stories from three different characters and time periods, which made it a more diverse read. All the novellas were short enough for one sitting and interesting. However, my opinions on them vary from one another, so here are my reviews for each of them:

Redtail's Debt: 3 out of 10

While I’m glad the authors decided to give Redtail a personality of his own and I liked the way he was portrayed throughout the book, I just wasn’t a
Charlotte
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Path of a warrior:
Since the beginning when I heard about which characters this book was going to be about I was excited. These are characters who are developed yet only in the background, we have never read from their perspective so it’s always exciting for something new like this.

We have never actually heard or seen much about Redtail apart from the short extracts with him during Bluestars and of course the news surrounding his death. But seeing his life and what actions led up to his death wa
Aurora Dimitre
|3.5 Stars|

Here's the deal--loved Redtail's Debt. That was a fantastic one. Love seeing that cast of cats, love seeing that weird mf Tigerclaw being awful again--we love to see it.

Tawnypelt's Clan was where it began to fall apart for me, a little, because ShadowClan has gotten lame . Under Blackstar the clan was awesome, and while I can appreciate Tigerheartstar more than Rowanstar for most things, it's still.... it's not the ShadowClan it used to be. Also, we had to see the Tribe and I hate t
Avery Hayes
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
GuineaPigFalconer
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’d probably give this book 3.5 stars, but I think I’ll round it up since it was one of the better short story collections. Sometimes these brief adventures feel unnecessary, but I thought these three were pretty good.
Cienna Lyon
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All three of these stories broke my heart and added great character development to old cats.
Areej Khan
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Just wow. Like I can’t even. 🤐🧐
I am not arguing you guys, I am basically explaining my own points!
😆😆😆

Redtail's Debt- ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Ok to be honest I was a bit more excited to read from Redtail's point of view for the first time because Erin Hunter hasn't really given us his perspective or his story in so much detail before. He was in Bluestar's Prophecy and then died in Into the Wild.... 😕 The overall story was pretty good but you know what I just DON'T get??? There is NEVER any coordination betwee
nightsflashingby
Redtail's Debt: Interesting characterization of Redtail, especially his internal conflict of whether or not to trust Tigerclaw, but this isn't how Oakheart was supposed to die??? Also of note, I know this is a short novella, but he reads like a 'paw for the entire story, even when he's deputy, when he is supposed to be a full-grown warrior. 2/5

Shadowstar's Life: eh, felt like not a lot of effort was put into this one. I was interested in the exploration of the first leader losing her last life,
Rachel
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yep. Definitely a very good set of stories. It's always fun to learn more about characters we don't know as well as others-- I especially loved Tawnypelt's Clan, having just recently finished Lost Stars. ...more
Charlie
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, read-2019
ok so like i used to be a hardcore warriors fan but it's been a good 6 or so years since i last read a warriors book. then last year i decided to read the e n t i r e series from the beginning in chronological order. since i only own the first three arcs and half of omen of the stars i have to get everything else from the library, and the library has some of the novellas only available in the collections, i had to sacrifice a bit of chronological order to get to read everything (or make it infin ...more
Alyce
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
This is the combination of three novellas- Redtail's Debt, Tawnypelt's Clan, and Shadowstar's Life. Each novella is alright by itself. There is nothing special about them and of course has the basic, nondetailed writing that most of these novellas have. That is the book's biggest flaw as somethings seem superficial or just not detailed enough for me to care.

(view spoiler)
Ellen
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Redtail’s Debt: Interesting plot-hole filling story but probably the least entertaining of the three. The fact that it is ultimately based around a big inconsistency with “Into the Wild” is frustrating. Given that it’s the original book, one would hope that this book would at least get that detail right. It also seemed to harp on the same subject, the debt Redtail felt he had, the entire time. Simplistic plot that doesn’t totally follow the first original book.

Tawnypelt’s Clan: This was a reall
MistyWish
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rounding this off a nice solid 4.5
I found all these to be very interesting and it helped that I actually wanted to know more behind these beloved characters.

Redtail's Debt 3.5 out of 5.
Never really knowing much about him, I was really keen to see how his character developed and interact with others, as in the first series he wasn't seen.
He had too much admiration for Tigerclaw I personally believe, yes I understand why he felt the way he did but I think at certain moments he should have been mo
Sally Smokeburn
Christine
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great bunch of novellas!! Will review each alone:

Redtail's Debt
FINALLY we get to learn who Redtail was besides the first Warriors character to die. I loved finding out WHY Tigerstar killed him. This novella just made me really sad because I knew how it ended, and I felt so bad for Redtail the whole time.

Though...(view spoiler)
Ella
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Redtail’s Debt: 3 stars
This novella completely threw the first series out the window. There was no rockslide and Redtail straight up killed Oakheart. The rockslide Firestar snuck into Riverclan to find out about. The story itself kind of just lacked and was boring. The portrayal of Tigerclaw and Redtail’s relationship was great I thought it was perfectly done and genius.

Tawneypelt’s Clan: 5 stars
This novella had the best plot of all the novellas in this book. It was the only one I was truly int
Lara Vehar
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was good -

REDTAIL'S DEBT
This one was okay. Though I could do without Tigerstar being evil and greedy again - it was just boring- Redtail was cool though.

TAWNYPELT'S CLAN
This one was really, really good. We get to see the Tribe again, Tawnypelt and Dovewing bond over the experience they have, Tawnypelt realizes that her place is in the shadow clan and it always has been - it's really, really good and Shadowkit is positively cute too and that always helps.

SHADOWSTAR'S LIFE
LizzieM
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-fable
Allegra
I'm rating this higher than I'd like for a few reasons, the main one being that there was much more personality to the character than before and I greatly appreciated that. We are seeing some of these characters' stories for the umpteenth time and having what felt like a fresh viewpoint was encouraging and made the experience more than bearable. It was entertaining and brief. The downside was that the personality of a few strong character took a downturn in favor of the plot and the authors dire ...more
Charlotte
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alaina
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
I apologize if there are any spoilers. ;)

Redtail's Debt- 4/5
The reason this book isn't 5 stars is because of the way Oakheart died. Redtail did NOT kill him. According to "Into the Wild", Oakheart died of being crushed in a rockfall. The Erin Hunters really need to coordinate their books.

Tawneypelt's Clan- 3.5/5

Shadowstar's Life-4/5
I really don't like how suspicious Shadowstar is in general, but I can understand why. Why couldn't the other leaders see that Shadowstar and Windstar were right abou
Aaron
May 20, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-new-2019
The huge unintentional retcon (read: mistake) singlehandedly makes this not worth the money. For the amount this series brings in, you'd think they'd be able to hire anyone with even vague knowledge of the series to continuity-check... but I guess we didn't want to pay for that!

Tawnypelt's Clan: 3/10 a slog and a tiring POV choice
Redtail's Debt: Aside from the obvious, 5/10. Interesting fleshing out of a side character but severely lacking in plot.
Shadowstar's Life: 7/10 There should be more of
jester
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Redtail’s Debt blatantly went against canon. It got a major plot point from the first series incorrect, but other than that I loved it.
I loved Tawnypelt’s Clan (mainly because Shadowsight is my favorite character) and liked seeing the Tribe again. Though I have to admit, I straight up completely forgot that Tawnypelt was one of the NP quest cats for a while and wondered why she was so convinced about the Tribe.
I wasn’t as interested in Shadowstar’s Life, but I like Tall Shadow so it was fine. A
Véronique Laplante Grenier
Really love those novella more about what happened between Redtail and Tigerstar. Also since I recently finished Lost stars loved reading Tawnypelts Clan. Shadowstars life was also great. It goes back to the beginning of the clans and get to see what happened when the first of the original five clan leader will lose is ninth life. Recommended for fan of the warriors series. Great addition the the main books.

• The Elders (Foxcraft, #2)
  • The Poison Jungle (Wings of Fire, #13)
  • The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #3)
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Runaway (Wings of Fire: Winglets #4)
  • Dragonslayer (Wings of Fire: Legends, #2)
  • The Taken (Foxcraft, #1)
  • The Mage (Foxcraft, #3)
  • Deserter (Wings of Fire: Winglets, #3)
  • Assassin (Wings of Fire: Winglets, #2)
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Darkstalker (Wings of Fire: Legends, #1)
  • Lone Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #1)
  • Moon Rising (Wings of Fire, #6)
  • Shadow Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #2)
  • The Brightest Night (Wings of Fire, #5)
  • Dragon Curse (The Unwanteds Quests, #4)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natur

Warriors Novellas (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Hollyleaf's Story (Warriors Novellas, #1)
  • Mistystar's Omen (Warriors Novellas, #2)
  • Cloudstar's Journey (Warriors Novellas, #3)
  • Tigerclaw's Fury (Warriors Novellas, #4)
  • Leafpool's Wish (Warriors Novellas, #5)
  • Dovewing's Silence (Warriors Novellas, #6)
  • Mapleshade's Vengeance (Warriors Novellas, #7)
  • Goosefeather's Curse (Warriors Novellas, #8)
  • Ravenpaw's Farewell (Warriors Novellas, #9)
  • Shadows of the Clans (Warriors Novellas, #7-9)