Start by marking “Secret Burdens (Stories of Lorst #3)” as Want to Read:
Secret Burdens (Stories of Lorst #3)

Secret Burdens

(Stories of Lorst #3)

Secrets can heal -- and destroy.

Jarrett failed everyone close to him.

In disgrace, he resigned his position as Captain of the Royal Guard and entered self-imposed exile in the Eastern Forests. As a common soldier, he fought the remainder of Marduk’s monsters.

A surprise summoning, though, brings Jarrett back to Bertrand. He finds Clara nearly bedridden from an assassination
Kindle Edition
Published July 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Secret Burdens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Burdens

Start your review of Secret Burdens (Stories of Lorst #3)
Giselle
May 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
ARCs can be requested here: [closed - other review opportunities found here] ...more
Fantasy Book Reviews | By Ambrose Crotts
Warning: book contains fantasy violence, minor gore, and sexual themes.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book to review on my blog, Goodreads, and Amazon. Only I wrote and edited what you can read below.

Fantasy is great at tearing us away from the mundane. The best of it takes the ordinary emotions that we know and sprinkles around them just enough magic to dazzle and amaze us. Secret Burdens is filled to the brim with hearts full of love, hope, and the need to find a place among others. Add
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Secret Burdens is the third book in the Stories of Lorst series, and I was happy to dive back into this world. However, Clara wasn't at her best, and I was left wondering what was going and why - pretty much like everyone else in the book! It didn't take long before I was sucked into the story, with all of its glorious twists and turns that kept my attention, and definitely left me needing to read 'just one more page'.

This is an intricate story, and my admiration for Suzanna J. Linton knew no bo
Libby
I really love my time spent in this series. This has been my favorite one so far. They just keep getting better and better. I can't wait to see what happens next! #TeamJarrett
Amanda
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
[I recieved an ARC for an honest review]

The third book in the Lorst series, Secret Burdens, did not disappoint. Suzanna J. Linton has created a cast of amazing characters that you care and root for. The emotion in her writing is real. You celebrate and mourn along with them. This third book has secrets around every turn and you lose track or whose trust worthy. If you have already started the Stories of Lorst series than this is a must read that you don't want to miss.

download (2)

5/5 Stars🌟

Spoiler-Alert

I know I usua

Ashley
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fantasy novel that I very much enjoyed! I do wish that there had been more action and that it had been more deeply described. Beyond that I liked the characters and the world building a lot! I'd read more of this series in the future.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Tequila
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. I was kept on my toes not knowing what was going to happen next. So much mystery and intrigue! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Ya'Akov Yehudi
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Secret Burdens is an excellent book and I really enjoyed reading it, so much so that I could scarcely put it down - I read it in just a few hours.

While Secret Burdens completes a trilogy it leaves plenty of questions in the reader's mind as to what happens next - hopefully Suzanna will write at least another book in the Stories of Lorst to satisfy her loyal readers.

If you haven't read the preceding books yet, do so. I'm sure that you'll be pleased that you did so.
Teri
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jarrett is a soldier first but after facing one bad decision after another and the repercussions. When he's suddenly called back by Clara he has no idea what has been set into action. Fighting unknown assailants, lies and betrayal no one knows who they can trust. It's not just about Jarrett and Clara either. With all of the secrets and lies going on it's gonna take a lot of digging to get to the truth.

This next book in the Stories of Lorst doesn't end in your typical hea. The author gives us an
Dianne Owens
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was privileged to get to read an ARC ... You guys will love this next episode in the lives of Emmerlich, Clara and Jarrett. Plenty of twists and turns ... A great weekend read that will take you away to Lorst ... Get your copy when it comes out!
Vicky
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m going to start by praising this book because it has a map, seriously maps are everything. It’s especially better because then I can actually locate myself in the story. This book feels a little different from the other two, firstly because the book is set in just a couple of days, it follows the investigation on an attempt assassination on Clara and the book is all set in the capital city in the palace. But another thing is that while Clara and Emmerinth have POVs in this book, I don’t think ...more
Dana Busenbark
Who is Jerrett? Where is he at? What is the terrain like? Who is Nathaniel? Who is Marduk? What was Marduk? What do we learn about him? When Emmerich becomes King of Lorst, what does Remus do? What are Jarrett & the others there to do? What is going on in Clara's life that she sends for Jarrett? Who is Lord Greenwood? Why do I have contempt for him? Where is Galeen located? Who is Gentius? Why has he come to see Emmerich? Who are The Black Arrows? What is going on that Bruin is trying to hide? Y ...more
Jenn
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Absolutely love this novel it's a great addition to the series I love the Ariel's I love Clara and Jared in the whole relationship between the Clara and Jerry as well as Clara and Emrick. I absolutely loved the story and Suzanne has writing style this is the fourth book of hers that I read and I no I will keep reading her novels.

She really makes your heart go out to her characters and you're excited when they're happy or sad when they're sad you gasp when something terrible happens to them and
Angie
Susanti
Goodreads Librari...: Add Book to Series 3 17 Apr 25, 2018 06:57PM

• Dragon Mage Academy The Complete Series: Books 1-7 Box Set
  • Illusional Reality
  • The Quest (Illusional Reality Book 2)
  • The Empire of Empty Wars (Serpents and Kings Book 3)
  • Touch of Shadow (The Reed Hollow Chronicles, #2)
  • The Vanished Bride of Northfield House
  • The Edinburgh Seer  (The Edinburgh Seer #1)
  • The Edinburgh Fate (The Edinburgh Seer #3)
  • Touch of Light (Reed Hollow Chronicles, #1)
  • The Complete Pendomus Chronicles Trilogy: Books 1-3 of the Pendomus Chronicles Dystopian Scifi Fantasy Boxed Set Series
  • Forest of Silver and Secrets (Uncommon World, #4)
  • Pawn (Night of the Dark Fae #1)
  • Plains of Sand and Steel (Uncommon World, #3)
  • Fever (Uncommon World, #2)
  • The Witch Born to Blaze: Book Three in the Inferno Series
  • Waters of Salt and Sin (Uncommon World, #1)
  • The Witch Born to Ignite (Inferno Book 1)
  • The Witch Born to Burn (Inferno, #2)
Suzanna J. Linton grew up in rural Orangeburg County. At age eight, she tried to read The Secret Garden by herself. After following her mother around for a day, asking questions about the Yorkshire accent, she gave up, but that didn't deter her in developing a deep appreciation for books and the worlds to which they open. A few years later, she wrote her first poem, which eventually led her to try ...more

Stories of Lorst (3 books)
  • Clara (Stories of Lorst #1)
  • Clara's Return (Stories of Lorst #2)