Start by marking “#IMomSoHard” as Want to Read:
#IMomSoHard

#IMomSoHard

In their highly-anticipated first book, the hilarious mom duo with millions of followers explores all the ridiculous shit you’re expected to do to keep multiple humans alive and happy-ish, and celebrates the love for the friends who get you through it.

Kristin Hensley and Jen Smedley, the creators of #IMomSoHard, are just like you and your best mom friend, only funnier and
Audiobook
Published April 2nd 2019 by HarperAudio

To ask other readers questions about #IMomSoHard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about #IMomSoHard

#imomsohard is a popular web series started on YouTube by Kristin Hensley and Jen Smedley. They're women, wives, and moms that talk about mostly hilarious women's and motherhood issues in pure, unfiltered honesty. They show the good, the bad, and the ugly, and make themselves look ridiculous on purpose so their viewers can know they're not alone on those hard days. A friend of mine introduced me to their style of entertainment when the swimsuit segment went live and I was immediately intrigued. ...more
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}
I love these ladies. I have never felt so understood in my life. They are real without being mean, funny without trying too hard and just seem like people I would totally be friends with. If you are mom totally worth picking up!
Carmen Marie
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My days with very small children are mostly in the rear view, but #IMomSoHard is just a fun reminder about how fundamentally women are rewired when they become mothers. Hensley and Smedley are hysterical and I would recommend the audio for their high energy performance. I didn't know who these two friends were before I saw this book, but what I appreciated about them is that they are equal parts snark and sassy without being mean. They support moms. They support the journey of motherhood. They a ...more
Elizabeth Hesselbach
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Highly recommend this book to any moms with younger kids. They manage to strike a great balance between funny, uplifting and encouraging, but without making it feel like a sappy, self-help book. The audiobook is particularly enjoyable as they narrate it themselves.
Katelyn
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
3.5 stars. Funny and real.
Meghan
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from HarperOne in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

This book was really entertaining to read and there are so many useful information presented in such a fun, humorous type of way that you could not help but to keep reading. I am familiar with some of the posts that Kristin and Jen have done with #IMomSoHard and they are just so funny and hysterically accurate that all of my mom friends follow the
Alison
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from edelweiss.plus.

I follow I mom so hard casually on Facebook and they are awesome, although I'm likely their target demographic with two young kids myself.

I loved this book. I felt like their humour came across fairly similarly to their Facebook posts. They're honest and open and funny about their experiences as parents. I found them to be very relatable.

I don't often read other parenting books, so I didn't have to much to compare this book to. But I liked
Kate
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love watching these ladies on-line and was looking forward to their book, but I read it and just felt meh about it. They are funny, insightful, and supportive, but their style comes across much better as spoken conversations than as written word.

I felt like the joy I get from their banter was lost on the page. It came off a little more preachy than I expected and it just wasn't very funny without the back-and-forth you get from them in their videos.

My thanks to the publisher for the advanced c
Carla
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, 2019-4
{#partner @harperone}

This one made me LOL - and that's saying something because most books tagged as "humor" mostly make me roll my eyes! Hensley and Smedley are funny and they wrote about things I've been thinking since I started this motherhood journey. I hadn’t seen these gals’ YouTube page, but I checked it out and it turns out they're even funnier "in person"! Both of these girls are from Nebraska which is basically where I live and I feel like we are long-lost soul sisters. What I wouldn't
Peekablue
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been following the #IMomSoHard videos for a few years. I can totally relate to a lot of what they talk about and they usually make me crack up laughing. I don't normally read nonfiction but I was intrigued when I saw they had a book coming out. I decided to go the audiobook route since it's Jen and Kristin reading aloud.

I'm in the middle of listening and there is so, so much I can relate to and it's not just the mom stuff. I'm also from the Midwest, although maybe not from such a rural a
Ellie
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I laughed so hard throughout this book. It's funny and real AF. Kristin and Jen lay it all out there and I appreciated it because I felt SEEN! I was nodding in agreement and I literally became the 🙌 emoji. I read this at night, after my son was in bed and I felt like I was hanging out with my mom friends. I'm currently pregnant with my daughter, but had my womb been vacant, I'd have been drinking wine right along with them. This book was a comfort and an absolute joy. Highly, highly recommend fo ...more
Katherine
I knew going into this, that it wasn't going to be a life-changing literary experience. However, the authors are real and funny. I'm a mom, and I need laughs from my sisters. Perhaps there wasn't enough source material to actually turn this content into a book, but I can see why the web series is popular, as are the live events.

I received this advanced review copy courtesy of Edleweiss for an honest review
Kate R
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I freaking loved this book! I highly recommend buying the audible version of this, because the authors are the narrators and it was perfect! I've only watched one of their web videos, but I needed a book to get through a 16 hour road trip by myself, and this was perfect! I was full on belly laughing and crying from laughing so hard through so many chapters! These two are fantastic and people I want to be friends with! If you are a mom, you will absolutely LOVE this one!
Maria Burnham
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This isn’t literary fireworks by any means, but it is well written and very funny! This book is reminder of how hard motherhood is and how if we stick together, life can be so much better. These two crazy gals wore about assuming the best of everyone, and I just love that. I laughed out loud and remembered the days when my littles were even littler than they are right now.
A great read to feel good about!
Carrie Lynn
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Listen. Is this a literary masterpiece? It certainly doesn’t claim to be. But I laughed out loud at least once a chapter, read parts out loud to friends and will probably listen to the audiobook again because these ladies GET IT. Everyone loves the women from the #imomsohard videos so it won’t surprise me when everyone loves this book. It’s hilarious.
Katie
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read for every mom out there! Kristin and Jen are just so down to earth and relatable. Reading this book is like hanging out with your best girl friends. But be warned. If you read this book out in public you may embarrass yourself because you won’t be able to stop from crying laughing! I highly recommend!
Deana
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I absolutely adore these women. I enjoy their FB videos and have been to their live show twice. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about their lives before children, meeting their spouses, and having their children. But the last 75 pages or so, I started to feel like, ok I get it, I’ve had enough. Felt like the book could have been a bit shorter.
Missie
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am pretty sure I loved #IMomSoHard before I was even pregnant. These two are just so real. The first video I saw was where they tried on swimsuits. Yes and yes. After a baby (heck even before), swimsuits and body images were never good. Kristin and Jen have humor in the most honest ways and aren't scared to share it.
The book is a memoir of their lives, so I do really think you need to know who they are and follow them before getting the book. It would have been weird picking it up without kno
Amy Meddock
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Real talk for moms!

This book is now my go to for baby shower gifts! Kristin and Jen are the friends every new mom needs. They break it down and get real with the topics no-one warned you about concerning pregnancy, delivery, motherhood and life!
Dani Lawler
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best things I’ve read (well, listened to, because as a busy mom, teacher and coach, listening to it in my car and before I pass out before bed is really all the time I have for reading these days). So honest and freaking hilarious!!
Emily P
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ladies (& gents) - Take off your spanx and read this book. Follow them on Facebook to watch all of their old videos and get to know the Gospel According to Kristin & Jen. It is all SO GOOD. LOVE THIS BOOK AND THESE LADIES!!!!
Ariana Harrington
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was ok. I think they really over exaggerated being a mom at certain times. I’m not taking away from being a mom at all, but sometimes I was just thinking okay it’s not that bad. They’re funny & I do really appreciate their friendship and the support they offer one another.
Kathy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny book about 2 moms iRL

Whether you are a mom or not, as long as you have a mom, you will love these two ladies and their honest, funny comedy style. This book gives you some insight into the ladies history and everyday lives, bringing humor into every aspect of a moms life.
Trisha_loves_books
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
This was ok. As a mom I get what they are saying. It just wasn't that funny. It's an ok book. Maybe it's better as stand up material but for me this book was just meh.
Angela
It’s funny and they tell you the truth about being a mom. It is very relatable and every mom should read/listen to this!
Sara
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: april
This was a funny and poignant book. I just love these two! Happy to see that they are doing so well. :)
Kenna Schneringer
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do yourself a favor and read this book. Hilarious!
Kara
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy their videos you’ll enjoy their book.
Emma
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-01jan-tbr
This book was very funny and very honest. I don't have any kids, and I don't plan on having any kids, but I still found the stories shared in this book to be relatable simply because they're so down-to-earth. What came through in a lot of the stories was that both women clearly love their kids, but that doesn't mean that parenting is a walk in the park, and they manage to point out some of the harder (or sometimes hilarious) aspects of parenting without sounding like they regret having kids. A l ...more
Bkrieth
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My girl crush??? Easy-Kristen and Jen! I will be reading this book multiple times and encouraging all my friends to read it, too!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Kristin grew up in a small town in the middle of Nebraska where she learned that working hard and laughing harder is the best way to live life. After graduating from the University Of Nebraska in Lincoln she ventured out to Los Angeles where she started working as a actress, comedienne, writer, teacher and bartender. She met her friend Jen, the other gal on the cover of this book, while drinking b ...more
“Being self conscious is second nature, or maybe first nature. I still struggle sometimes but then I tell myself, You know what? My friend Brandy who died of cancer would have given anything to trade places with me right now and she'd kick my ass for wasting time worrying about it. I have a healthy body. I'm criticizing myself because, what, I have a little bit of cheese on my thighs? Sometimes, you have to gut check yourself. I have a gut. Check.” 0 likes
“Laughing is the ultimate fuck you.” 0 likes