Start by marking “One True Love” as Want to Read:

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  148 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews

When Urban’s sister must travel to D
ebook, 1
Published June 6th 2018 by Linda Kage

To ask other readers questions about One True Love, please sign up.
Heather It definitely reads like a stand alone, but the door is left open for the story to continue in a different place with one of the side characters from…moreIt definitely reads like a stand alone, but the door is left open for the story to continue in a different place with one of the side characters from this book. But there's no cliffhanger; you can read this as a stand alone if you want.(less)

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live amazon https://www.amazon.com/One-True-Love-...

🙌5 True Love STARS 🙌

Whatever I say for this book isn't enough to express how much I loved it!Even before picking this book up I just knew and I was feeling that this one will be something else!I absolutely loved the book !

description

It was romantic,sweet and beautiful!I loved the world Linda Kage creates and the characters so much!Urban and his true love stole my heart!They were cute and there was passion, I'm not going to say who she is because it will b
Leonor
Jun 06, 2018 marked it as on-hold  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I thought forbidden love in this case would be that she's Royal and he's a poor sap but he's a prince and she's married to the king's adviser and expecting a baby with her husband. How is that "one true love"?
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: One True Love
Series: Love Mark #1
Author: Linda Kage
Release date: June 6, 2018
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Believe it or not, this is my first read by Linda Kage! I've seen her books around the blogosphere and goodreads for a long time now, but never had the chance to check any of them out. When I saw her announce her first fantasy book, I immediately perked up and added it to my TBR. I loved the idea of the hero being able to spot his soulmate/one true love, but fi
Carvanz
Alexandra
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1018, favorites
I received an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Review can also be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Allow me to fangirl and rave a lot about this little gem! First of all, Linda Kage has been known through her NA Contemporary series "Forbidden Men" and this is her first attempt on the Adult Fantasy. Knowing her writing style I was very excited about this book! Also, it has a map!

Prince Urban of Hight Cliff follows his sister Allera who is betrothed to Prince Brentley, from anot
Kindling Micky
DNF at 7% unrated.

If I continued it would be a very low rating. I cannot work with the writing style which is fantasy with a historical-Kingdom feel and a hero that speaks like he’s from the hood. It doesn’t work in any shape or form for me. Also the phrase ‘one true love’ has been uttered or thought so many times by 7%. This is all a pity considering I’ve enjoyed many of Linda Kage’s books but clearly this one just isn’t for me.
Nadine
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

It is difficult for me to write this review because Linda Kage is my favorite contemporary romance author. I'd read anything that woman writes. Her "Forbidden Men" and "Granton University" books are fabulous. That' s why I am all the more disappointed by her first fantasy novel ...

One True Love is the story of Prince Urban, who travels with his sister to an unknown kingdom to marry her to the King's brother. It's an arranged marriage and he goes with her to support her. The people in U
EscapeNBooks
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars

One True Love by Author Linda Kage is a fantasy romance novel.

“I want to know everything there is to know about you. I want to know why you make me hot and needy whenever you’re near. I want to know why you—a complete stranger—fill me with a loyalty and respect I’ve not felt before. I want to know how you make me think about you constantly and ache for your mere presence. I want to know why I’m so willing to die for you if need be, why I’d cut off my hand rather than hurt you, or my t
Valentina
Ay, es que ¡¿cómo no voy a entregar cuatro o cinco estrellas a un libro de Linda?!
Este libro fue todo lo que esperaba que fuese y más. Es la primera vez que Linda crea un libro de fantasía, y me fascinó. Siempre he dicho que adoro la forma que tiene la autora de escribir, de narrar, de lograr enamorarte de los personajes.

Urban es otro hombre más que se va a mis favoritos, pues su forma de ser me encantó (como era de esperarse). La forma que iba enamorándose me gustó, y te enamora poco a poco. V
Anne Z.
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of Linda Kage and was super excited to read this. One True Love is Linda's first attempt at fantasy romance and she did brilliantly! The book was sweet, romantic, beautiful, touching... all the wonderful things I have come to expect from Linda Kage.

Prince Urban was fantastic! *swoon*
The way Urban reacts at finding out who his true love is and the way he acts afterwards will have your heart melting. He is one of the most loyal and caring characters I've read in a while.
Vienne tur
Desiree •°°•.UnboundBookReviews•°°•
I had to stop 10% in. I was really gearing up to read this book. I'm a massive fantasy lover and thought this would be perfect since I'm an avid romance reader, as well. There's a problem, though; and it lies within this line: "Jesus Christ on the Cross..."
Now, my problem is not because I'm offended on a religious level, but, because this is too close to our real world. A basic rule of writing fantasy is for the entirety of the world to be new, fresh, and mysterious. The way of speaking, names,
Annie's reading corner
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs
ARC received by the author in exchange for an honest review

It has been a while since I had read a fantasy book. This was a nice comeback to that genre. I really enjoy this world so much, and all the characters were memorable. Linda did such a good job describing and creating this world.
For me, the romance in this story was sooo good. It was nice to see a different start between the main couple and see its development.
I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.
Shari Kay
Jun 06, 2018 marked it as not-for-me
Going from 'maybe' to no way. Blurb was misleading if you ask me.
Dora Koutsoukou
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5 💟✨💟 🌟🌟🌟🌟s‼‼ ...more
Jessica
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read and great effort for the author's first fantasy novel.

Arranged marriages, deadly court intrigue, and a dash of magic make this NA fantasy debut a wild and fun ride.

I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else’s. Read more reviews! http://dreamerjbookreviews.blogspot.com

#OneTrueLove #NetGalley
Jana
DNF @11%. I couldn’t connect to the story, the characters or the way they spoke and found that I was unable to immerse myself in their world. I may try again at some point in the future but it’s a dnf for now.
Dee/ bookworm
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
#OneTrueLove #NetGalley

publisher synopsis: Custom demanded that Prince Urban get a love mark tattooed to the side of his left eye as an infant, just like the rest of his people, but to him, the stupid things have only brought on the scorn of his father, the misery of his siblings, and caused his entire kingdom to go broke from fighting so many wars over the irritating ink stains.

When Urban’s sister must travel to Donnelly, the kingdom within the sand, for her arranged marriage to align two realm
Bree Howland
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Q&A

Physical or Ebook?
Ebook

Have you ever read a book by this author before?
Nope, but I plan on reading everything I can get my greedy little hands on.

Genre?
Fantasy Romance

Star Rating?
5 Stars

Rereadable?
Definitely!

If it's a series, would you continue reading it?

Is this a part of a challenge?

Who would you recommend this for?
Anyone who likes Fantasy romance that has a contemporary or modern feel.

Conclusion:

Holy Connolly...

I'm shook, fam.

You know why? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I just found my
Ashley Williams
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3.75 Stars

Fantasy romance is one of my favorite categories. That being said, it's a tough category to write, in my opinion, because there's a delicate balancing act of fantastical elements and romantic plot. Overdoing or falling short in one or the other could make the story not work.

One True Love was good. The romance was sweet and steamy. The problem was the fantastical worldbuilding elements just seemed plain and unoriginal. For example, the dialogue was very modern, there were elements of m
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
One True Love is a fantasy romance. It is a blend of sweet romance with a pretty epic fantasy. It is the first book in the Love Mark Fantasy Romance series and sets the scene, introducing the reader to this new world of fantasy and magic.

Prince Urban escorts his sister to meet the prince she is betrothed to and discovers his own “One True Love”. But the hitch is that she is already married to someone else and Urban must pine from afar.

“I’d follow her to hell and back. She was my one true love.
Ginette
Jun 12, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
No rating as DNF @ 28%. a bit of a miss for moi
Irini
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it
2,5 stars
Kat
I think this was Linda Kage’s first attempt at a fantasy novel and considering that this is pretty good. Overall 3.5 but rounding to 4 as I really did like this and read it in one sitting.

The description basically tells us of a people that have the ability to recognise their soul mate at once due to tattoos, here the Prince of the realm discovers that he too has a true love when he is sent to a neighbouring kingdom, but she is completely off limits (LK likes writing about forbidden love I think
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cranky Stars

Give me more please!! I was really into this story and didn’t want to stop reading. I think kids and pets may have gone unnoticed while I dived into this story of betrayal and most of love true love.

Urban is a prince and leader of an army. He decides to follow his sister on her way to another realm where she is to be married to Prince Brentley to secure a union between her realm and his. He isn’t expecting the troublesome tattoo on his face to alert him that his one true love is
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
One True Love takes us on an emotional journey that shows us the true depths of love. Linda Kage creates a fantastical world where everyone has a one true love, even those whom don't believe they do. Allera and Urban are brother and sister who come from a land that marks your face to alert you of when you met your true love. Their kingdom is the only one who practices this. After Allera's one true love died her father, the King, arranged a marriage to a prince in a fairly new kingdom. Urban come ...more
Kylinn Edwards
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I immensely enjoyed this book. Romance is my favorite genre to read, and fantasy is my second, so when you combine the two genres from one of my favorites authors you have me over the moon to read the book. I finished the book in one day. I couldn't put it down.

One True Love is Linda Kage's first fantasy novel in a world I am hoping she expands on with many other characters. Linda Kage brings a freshness to her characters that I have never read before. Her world is beautiful and has purpose. I c
Angelito Espinoza
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, arc-reads
4 stars to Urban, sexy prince of High Cliff

The Linda Kage’s first work in the fantasy genre and I love it. From that beginning with an observant, cautious and lover of his people main character, to that a little too much sugary end.
What most I liked was the connection between Urban and Vienne. That thing about Urban feeling all the laboring from Vienne was unique in its own. Laugh so hard at that.
Although the absolute devotion due to the mark sometimes was too much, I have to admit that was orig
Banshee
Prince Urban travels to another kingdom with his sister, Allera. She is marry Brentley, a Prince of Donnelly. The marriage is to broker peace between the two kingdoms. While there Prince Urban finds his true love, but she's already married. Although he has promised to stay away from Vienne he finds his attraction is too great. As accidents and deaths start occurring Urban realizes a dark magic user may be in the castle and he has been tasked to find her/him before the kingdom is destroyed.

As ha
Chu
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the story that seemed to centered around Prince Urban’s love mark tattoo on the side of his left eye, and the “true love” that he wasn’t supposed to have. He wasn’t really a believer of it himself, because he thought it cases more trouble and misery that happiness. But when he brought his sister over to Donnelly for her to marry the prince and aligned the two realms, his mark suddenly itches, meaning, his one true love is near.

But his true love? Is already married, and heavily pregnant w
Emily
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised by Linda Kage's first foray into the fantasy genre. The characters were fully developed and the storyline was captivating and just broke my heart. There were several times along the way where I was moved to tears. I should have expected this from Ms Kage. A Perfect Ten is one of my all time favorite books and it totally made me ugly cry.

Urban sees his one true love, but the path for them to be together is not
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Linda writes romance fiction from YA to adult, contemporary to fantasy. Most Kage stories lean more toward the lighter, sillier side with a couple meaningful moments thrown in. Focuses more on entertainment value and emotional impact.

Published since 2010. Went through a 2-year writing correspondence class in children’s literature from The Institute of Children’s Literature. Then graduated with Bac