Start by marking “The Intrapreneur” as Want to Read:
The Intrapreneur

The Intrapreneur

Today, over half of the largest economies in the world are global businesses - controlled by the few, and impacting the many. Business clearly has the power to change the world – but what if we, as individuals, had the power to change the world of business?

For over a decade, Gib Bulloch led a corporate “guerrilla movement” within one of the world’s largest global consulti
Published April 10th 2018 by Unbound Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Intrapreneur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Intrapreneur

Kristin Hughes
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a must-read for anyone with a passion for making the world a better place, for anyone who’s ever had a niche idea but struggled to bring it to life from within an organisation or for anyone who’s ever been pushed down but then found the courage to stand up again & try once more.

Through innovative step-change and sheer determination, Gib Bulloch made a difference - in communities that need it the most and in the company he worked for. However, realising his dream was never an easy tas
Djemila
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Highly captivating read. Once you you've started, it will be really difficult to put it down. The book is a delicious blend of humour, wisdom and genuineness. You will be following the extraordinary journey of a man with a beautiful dream. Not a dream actually: a plan to change the world. From the Executive Suite to a psychiatric ward, from the picturesque Scottish isle of Bute, to the spiritual Rajasthan desert you will be discovering a story of awakening, courage and thrive. The authors’ smart ...more
Arthur Wood
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Brave book on so many levels . This is a book that should be read by both sectors - for profit and not for profit - working on the bipolar cusp between for profit and not for profit - one sees only too clearly the insanity of both.

I was reminded reading this of another book Bram Stokers - Dracula - “Oh, my dear, if you only knew how strange is the matter regarding which I am here, it is you who would laugh. I have learned not to think little of any one's belief, no matter how strange it may b
Janett Egber
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honesty. Vulnerability. Resilience. Humor... And above all, an undeniable conviction of what the role of business in society can and should be!
This book inspires people to take action as Gib takes us through his incredible journey of setting up a new blue print for a different business model focussing on purpose rather than profit: Delivering impact at scale within Accenture for well over a decade.
As an intrapreneur myself, some of Gib’s stories made me feel incredibly connected to what he was g
Nathalie
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gib articulately and passionately makes the case for his business philosophy and strategy, while telling an engaging tale of how to be a true intrapreneur. He doesn't shy away from talking about some of the difficult periods during his journey, and his candidness is one of the joys of the book. Highly recommended for all people looking to shake things up within their corporate environment.
Ian Grant
Thought this might be a bit of a dry subject matter, but actually found it to be a very entertaining read. Gib Bulloch is certainly very open about a difficult subject matter ie his own health, but the background thread going right through the book made it all the more interesting a read.
Ramona
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honest, thoughtful and so familiar

This book needed to be written, for all of us who get kicked or called crazy when we can see it all so clearly! It is a brave and wonderful thing Gib has done, twice-in leading ADP and in writing this. Inspiring!
Mark Skinner
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Travelling through Korea and Thailand trying to drum up business from East to west for our business at the end of 2018 I took Gib's book with me. I had recently seen Gib give an address at an event in Scotland and the subject matter interested me.

Over the years I have been fortunate to travel and work in some interesting places and less so with many countries ending with a ‘stan’ example being Afghanistan and the like. Why can they not find oil in Tenerife! Working and living in many of these pl
Owen