Start by marking “Freedom: A Futuristic Fantasy” as Want to Read:
Freedom: A Futuristic Fantasy

Freedom: A Futuristic Fantasy

Jazeen is a prisoner—not in a jail or a dungeon, but in her own home. Her parents, guilt-ridden since the death of their oldest daughter, have taken overprotective to the extreme, never allowing her out of the house except to attend school.
Trapped and frustrated, Jazeen only wishes to be free. When a familiar bird taps on the metal of her balcony, compelling her outside t
Kindle Edition
Published April 3rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom

Brian Kitchen
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read fantasy novels but having read and enjoyed Jim Proctor's excellent 'Phoenix Series' sci-fi novels, I thought that I'd give it a try. I wasn't disappointed. Jazeen Florence is an over protected 18-year-old young woman, kept a virtual prisoner by her parents since the death of her elder sister. Jazeen's life changes completely when she is rescued by Angus, a centuries old wizard and it is then that her adventures start. In a world where there are nuclear powered airships, ther ...more
John Staat
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A excellent adventure story

I love the storyline, it flows smoothly though the scenes. Easy to follow. The characters work well and are perfectly matched to enhance your reading pleasure.
Bart Hopkins
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you were to take a literary mixing bowl, toss in some airships, magic, and fantasy, then pour in a cup of suspense and a sprinkle of romance - then mix it until it's all creamy and smooth and delicious - you'd have Freedom: A Futuristic Fantasy from author Jim Proctor.

I won't repeat what it says in the blurb. It's an enjoyable story with great pacing and fun characters. If you're a fan of futuristic fantasy stories, then look no further!

***** Five Big Stars *****
Kameron
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Life is an adventure…….

In Freedom: A Futuristic Fantasy, Jim took us on a magical adventure where readers met a dragon (1/3 a meter tall), an enormous cat and a witch hell bent on ultimate power. He (Jim) gave us, the readers, a brief insight into Angus’ past but I wanted more. I could’ve spent hours reading chapters about the prior adventures Angus has taken over the centuries.

Imagine what he has seen, lived through, the eras….
Has he met any prominent historical figures?

I know for a fact I wo
Brian Mary
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bring on the Beaph!

Very enjoyable story! A bit of science fiction, a bit of fantasy, and a dash of romance, the story follows old wizard Angus Beaph and Jazeen, a young girl with a past to come to terms with. Oh, and an evil witch.

A good read, the story flows well and doesn’t spiral into increasing incredulity to move along. I liked the characters and their stories (well the main characters, others didn’t have much backstory but they didn’t really need it). All in all, recommended. The author l
cupcakes and bookshelves
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
An excellent and well paced adventure, with likable characters and a story that has a little bit of everything. Very enjoyable and it definitely makes me want to read more fantasy driven stories in the future.
Danny Wilkerson
Apr 11, 2018
Roland Clarke
May 07, 2018
Jim
May 30, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Osamh3333