Start by marking “Once Upon a Real Good Time (Heartbreakers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Real Good Time (Heartbreakers, #1)

Once Upon a Real Good Time

(Heartbreakers #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  2,480 Ratings  ·  374 Reviews
That smoking hot one-night stand with a former rock star?

Turns out he's my son's new music teacher. Oops.

But I didn't know that the night I met Campbell. All I knew was he played my body the same way he played a guitar — like he owned it.

My libido is still high-fiving me after being self-served for too many years, and we’re both ready for another night or two of fun, espec
Kindle Edition
Published September 10th 2018 by Lauren Blakely Books

Linda Walker
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every book by Lauren Blakely is a treasure I so look forward to and this is no exception. Campbell the lead guitarist in a band playing at the pub where Mackenzie a trivia whiz comes for a night out. There is an attraction between these two which leads to a sizzling one night stand and shows promise of becoming more. Campbell, a former teen idol, is a music prodigy having graduated from Juilliard and plays several musical instruments. Mackenzie became pregnant her final year of college, but had ...more
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
I adore Lauren Blakely for continuously feeding my rom-com addiction! With her Heartbreakers Series, she has not one, nor two, but THREE new romantic comedies out within weeks of each other, which is pretty much my idea of bookworm heaven. In the Heartbreaker Series, each book follows the love story of a trio of former rock stars who just so happen to be brothers. First up we have Once Upon a Real Good Time, where Campbell, a single dad and rocker-turned-music-teacher, woos single mom, Mackenzie ...more
Jen
I haven’t read a book by this author in a long time! I’m glad I decided to give this series a try, as I really enjoyed it! I will say this story was a sweet, romantic tale, that was very low in angst! It was just what I needed to read right now.

If you are looking for a feel good read that has great one liners and will make you smile ; then look no further... this is your next read!!
Louise O'Reilly
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW, this book had me hooked from the moment I read the first page, Once Upon a Real Good Time is the first book in the Heartbreakers series and Blakely has blown it out of the water.

Quiz loving single mum Mackenzie loves her son more than anything, making sure that he has everything he needs her dating life has been put on hold. When a gorgeous guitar playing man mouths her the answer to a quiz question she cannot get him out of her head. Campbell is a single Dad, he wants a normal simple life
Tammi
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH I just loved this book!! It was sweet and sexy, an absolute perfect mix!!!
Lauren Blakely always creates the most swoonworthy men, interesting women and gives them a wonderful love story.
Campbell is a rocker!
Mackenzie is a trivia nerd!
I love that combination.
This story was fun. A one night stand that ended up having a very awkward connection. I wanted this couple together, they were HOT together, they were sweet together and they wanted to be together. But I got it. Fate is a wicked little wi
This book has so much going on, I just don't know where to begin explaining how amazing it is! It's the first in a trio of books that centers around 3 brothers that were in a boy band in their teens and early twenties. It's about their life after the boy band. What happens when they grow up?!?

Campbell is a complex character. Single Dad, Singer, Musician, Teacher. But underneath it all, he is a really cool guy. Despite his past as a popular musician, he is really down to earth, almost humble. Do
Jen
4.5 Stars

When I started Lauren Blakely's latest book, Once Upon a Real Good Time, I went in with some pretty low expectations. Not because I haven't enjoyed other books by this author. Ms. Blakely has earned herself a spot on my authors to stalk list (yep, I have one of those) with her awesomeness.

Instead my trepidation with regards to reading this little ditty had everything to do with me and the bitch of all reading slumps I happen to be experiencing. Seriously, I've started and put aside mor
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤4,5 stars ❤

What a nice surprise, I devour it.It was a fun,super hot and sweet story.I was hooked from the beginning and I read it in one sitting. Once Upon A Real Good Time has an original story line and the characters were lovable.

I adored Campbell and Mackenzie, and the way they met!They have an amazing chemistry from their first moment together.They were so good together.

If you are looking for a sweet and fun story with some really hot moments this is perfect.

Ashley Sledge( UnderCoversBookBlog)
Mackenzie is a single mom, business owner and a lover of all things trivia!
Campbell is a single dad, former teen rock star, laying low and playing with a band locally so nobody will recognize him.

It's trivia night and Mackenzie is on a roll winning, while Campbell is tuning his guitar. That's how they meet, a hot one night stand later and then a curve ball gets thrown!

I didn't think that dirty talking Campbell would make me swoon but dang he did! I loved this book, ALL the characters are can't
Alex ♈
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe

Cute, safe, likable MCs.

Sex-scenes ok, but spanking again?... *groan*

He wasn't a manwhore, but she could have dated more after she got her son. 13 years is quite long...

Adorable kids, but soooo fictional 😜

- *** -

Not sure about next book. Friends to lovers... I wonder about his level of non-celibacy during all these years; and I hope she wasn't frozen or had only bad sex. Why do I have a feeling it'll remain a hope and not a 'reality'? 🤔🙄
Diana
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for the story
5 gabillion stars for the audiobook

This was a really cute and angst free story about two single parents navigating through dating/not dating. Both MacKenzie and dirty talking Campbell were very likeable, and their kids were pretty cool too. If you are in the mood for something sugary sweet, this is it.

I highly recommend the audiobook, because listening to dirty talking Sebastian York….

Nuff said!!
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
IT'S LIVE EARLY !!!!

description

A pub quiz. That's where Mackenzie sees him for the first time. Campbell's on stage tuning his guitar to perform after the quiz. And she's mega-insta-attracted. Same for him. But she has to leave to get her son from music class before they can even start flirting or even talking.

But then she goes back two weeks later - and he's there again.

This time they do a lot more than flirt and talk.

But a few days later they realize that he's her son's new music tutor!

Whoops.

What now? W
Lauren Blakely
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Once Upon A Real Good Time is available everywhere!! Escape into a sexy, single-dad, rock-star rom-com today!

✦ Kindle US: https://amzn.to/2NvVwlm

Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lauren Blakely Fans, Romance
5 Oh, So Right Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
Sometimes you read a book that is like the Children's tale Goldilocks and the Three Bears...You know what I mean, the book isn't over the top... or too bland... It is Just Right.

It has main characters you are attracted to...
They make sense and are people you would like to know...
Their meeting is plausible...
And best of all...
Their Chemistry is Off The Charts.

Once Upon A Sure Thing, the first book of the Heartbreakers series by Lauren Blakely created a
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Lauren Blakely has a knack for blending naughty and nice. She serves up a healthy dose of both in Once Upon a Real Good Time, and I must say the combination goes down nice and smooth.

It’s a simple story of two single parents who have devoted their lives to their kids, putting aside the possibility of romantic relationships in the process. Campbell is a former boy band star turned private music teacher. Mackenzie is an entrepreneur with a wealth of Jeopardy-level knowledge.

These are two
Lauren Luman
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness!!! I haven't devoured a book like this in a long time. I attribute that to how dirty and sexy it is. Let's face it, all of LB's stuff is fun and sexy but this shit is sooooo dirty that I had to take a pause for the cause a few times.

Reasons I love this story, aside from the awesome obvious:
2 single parents with teen children (you don't see this often)
His pet name for her
Their devotion to their children's happiness
THEIR CHEMISTRY, HOLY GEEZ.

Blakely knocked it out of the park with t
Red Cheeks Reads
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

A new Lauren Blakely novel is my happy place, and I’ve lost count of how many times this author’s writing has made me smile, made me sigh or made me happy. She’s entertained me, she’s made my heart race, and she’s made me blush. It all comes down to the simple fact that for me, Blakely writes the kind of romantic fiction that not only keeps me coming back to her work time and time again, but also reminds me of why I love this genre so much. Sexy, light-hearted and fun, her romantic co
Shayna
“You’re looking at me like I’m the answer to all your prayers.”

Oh, Lauren Blakely…you dirty bird, you! Campbell and Mackenzie were absolutely PERFECT! One of my very favorite couples of yours! The fact that they were both single parents…well, that was icing on the very sexy cake! You all know that Ms. Blakely is one of the QUEENS of romantic comedy, but you add in a sassy trivia nerd and a gorgeous hunk of musician and there should be NOTHING left to say! Once Upon a Real Good Time is a standa
Heather
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title compliments of the author in exchange for an honest review**

I adore Lauren Blakely and her books and Once Upon a Real Good Time was no different. I absolutely devoured this book in one day. It's a great start to Blakely's new Heartbreakers series.

Mackenzie is a single mother who is a graphic designer by trade, but also excels at trivia, so she spends time at a local bar with her friend entering trivia contests. During one of the evenings she's out
Stacie
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tpam-br
4 "Put a sock in it." Stars!

This was super sweet with just enough dirty- I do love a dirty talker. 😏 Happy reading!
Alla
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, musician, series
Sweet and cute and no pointless angst and drama.
Jacob Proffitt
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, romance, steamy
I didn't realize how short this was when I bought it. I hate when I do that, but it's almost worse when the story is a good one (because I can't justify returning it). And this is a great story, frankly. I liked both protagonists quite a lot and enjoyed every minute with them. I loved that they both put their kids first, and I liked how well they compliment each other.

I was a little hesitant about the putting the kids so far forward in importance. But Blakely pulled that together pretty well in
Laurie
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Blakely sure knows how to craft a winner, sweet with lots and lots of heat. Campbell Evans is teen idol rock star turned single dad who teaches music to kids. Missing the performing piece of being a musician Campbell begins playing in small bars with his buddies. Campbell is sweet, smart, sexy, and a great dad who has done a fantastic job raising his daughter. Mackenzie is a single mom who has learned to carve out a great life for her and her son when life throws curves. Mackenzie is the ...more
☕ Kimberly
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2018
Narrated by the Sebastian York and Andi Arndt delivered a feel good romance about two people who deserved a happily ever after. Campbell and Mackenzie meet and have this instant connection and off the chart chemistry until he turns out to be her son’s music instructor. Swoons, long sexy conversations and matchmaking had me grinning like a sappy fool.

First, I love when York and Arndt narrated together. Listening is an absolute pleasure from the pacing to chemistry they create allowing the charact
Kitty
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, epub
RTC
AJ
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Oh my damn, I freaking loved this book! A fun, flirty, sexy and chemistry-filled romance with delicious chemistry and a fantastic build up, and oh-so functional! I loved these characters, I loved them together, and I loved their story.

Campbell is a former child-star and teen heart throb. Together with his two brothers, he was a part of the hugely popular boy-band, the Heartbreakers. That is all well in the past though, and Campbell is now a single father to a highly independent 14-yea
Isha Coleman
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
And they say actions speak louder than words. Blakely continues to take that saying to heart with her captivating characters and witty dialogue. Once Upon a Real Good Time is the start of something marvelous. Amidst bumbling cluelessness and magnetic attraction a family is made. Campbell and Mackenzie find that sometimes the most embarrassing moments can have an everlasting impact. Imperfect can turn out to be just right. Can't wait for what comes next in the Heartbreakers series.
Just Lily

Sweet. Sexy. Adorable.
Absolutely safe. No OW or OM drama. Both celibate after meeting each other.
MUST be on everyone's to-read shelf.
Cute AF.
Loved them separately. Loved them together. Loved their children.
Don't have words.
READ IT.
It's no masterpiece, but good time and warm feelings guaranteed.
Elizabeth Clinton
There is a new dirty talker in town and his name is Campbell Evans. Lauren Blakely has given us a new read that will have you turning the pages faster to see just what Campbell has to say. A former teen idol Campbell settles into a life that will have him spending time with his daughter and doing what he loves on his own terms but when one night he sees
Mackenzie across the room things change instantly.
Mackenzie is a single mom with a Fantastic career an ex who is her best friend and a son that
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sigh...sigh so effing much.
I didn't think a dirtier talker could have stole my heart the way Campbell did. He is legit the whole package...drop dead gorgeous, sexy as sin, a mouth meant for other things besides talking, and hands...hands that can strum a women's body better then a guitar ( I would be willing to offer myself up as a test subject if need be)
No doubt that once Mackenzie meets Campbell she has no choice but to fall for his charms and that devilish smile and those eyes that I am sur
A #1 New York Times Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's hot, sweet and sexy. She lives in California with her family and has plotted entire novels while walking her dogs. With fourteen New York Times bestsellers, her titles have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestseller Lists more than 100 times, and she’s sold m ...more

Heartbreakers (3 books)
  • Once Upon a Sure Thing (Heartbreakers, #2)
  • Once Upon a Wild Fling (Heartbreakers, #3)
“You’re looking at me like I’m the answer to all your prayers.” 1 likes
“It feels like I took a different turn down the road. Like we started with raw heat, and we sped through rough-and-fast land, and now we’ve veered someplace else entirely. We’re driving down a new road, and this one’s a little more dangerous, but it’s fantastic in its own way.
Because it’s closer.
It’s more intimate.
It’s a connection I didn’t expect but can’t deny.”
1 likes