Start by marking “Challenge Accepted!” as Want to Read:
Challenge Accepted!

Challenge Accepted!

Funny woman, Instagram star and international comedy sensation, Celeste Barber's guide to life, laughs and keeping it real. Very, very real. Actor, writer and comedian, Celeste Barber is one very funny woman - not to mention a global social media comedy phenomenon. Amassing over 3 million followers in only 18 months with her hilarious #challengeaccepted pics, she has been ...more
Published September 24th 2018 by 4th Estate

To ask other readers questions about Challenge Accepted!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Challenge Accepted!

Shannon
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't count the number of times I snorted laughing while reading this book (actually, I lost some coffee through my nose before I decided not to drink anything while reading the rest). It isn't just funny, it's hilarious. Celeste has such an incredible authorial voice and that comes through these pages from start to finish. It's easy to read and you can practically hear her narrating the whole thing.

But the thing that really sealed this book for me is that it isn't just jokes. There were some
Olga Zbranek Biernátová
Já mám Celeste fakt ráda, na Instáči válí a její stories nikdy nepřeskakuju. Pokud ji znáte, tak od její knihy očekáváte dost podobný styl. Říkám si, je to stand-up komička, tohle bude LOL od začátku do konce. No a není. Kniha má slibný start a dobrý konec, to mezi tím je ale buď nezajimavé, příliš na vážno, přitažené za vlasy... Miluju Celestin humor a přístup k životu, ale asi nepotřebuju číst o tom, jak jí operovali srdce. Sorry.
Kirsten Prescott
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I was a bit disappointed when reading this. I laugh so hard of most of her instagram posts, and I was expecting to be laughing more when reading the book.
It seems like she wants to many things and the book becomes a bit shallow. It’s funny in parts, serious in parts and really sad in parts. Celeste has got some really good points and fab views on life, but the book lacked a bit.
Chelsey Ellice
This book was hilarious. It had so many lol moments but also some deep moments. I love Celeste Barber and love that she knows who she is and will stand up for what she believes in
Amy Ferrie
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is Celeste’s memoir. I got this book through #borrowbox and choose the audio book version and the best thing was Celeste narrated the book. Celeste is the funniest woman on Instagram, her #challengeaccepted are hilarious. She doesn’t take herself seriously and has amassed over 4 million followers with her funny impressions of celebrities. This book was laugh out loud funny and the way she describes child birth was eye watering. I absolutely loved this book.
Irraya
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio
I had thought this would be more Jenny Lawson or David Sedaris rather than Tina Fey, Amy Fowler or Anna Kendrick. I didn't like the books by these last three either. The problem is that these ladies have grown up in white middle class (normal) families, with nothing much interesting happening while they were growing up. So what they talk about are their boring lives, and about the acting classes they took, and how they got into the 'biz'. Makes for boring reading/listening.

I do have to say that
Narrative Muse
– Sharing laughs, love, and life advice – Challenge Accepted! –

You know when all you want to do is wear your PJs all day and watch Friends reruns with your bestie? Well, Celeste Barber had my back. I could tell that if she could, she’d be right there with me, cracking wicked jokes, eating all the chips, and making me laugh.

Challenge Accepted! is littered memoir-style with stories and anecdotes of Barber’s life. An accomplished actor and comedian, she is famous specifically for her celebrity paro
Marija
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For some time I am following Celeste on social media and she is making my day with her Challenge Accepted photos, so when I saw her book, I just had to see who is Celeste behind the photo lenses. Thank you for that opportunity and I glad that I know her and people around her. Her way of telling her stories is easy, just like she is talking with the reader. Even this biography books are not my cup of tea I enjoyed reading this one
Jodie Warner
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I have not read as much as I would have liked to these holidays (tending to 3 kids is kind of a reading kill-joy). However, I did manage to polish this baby off in a day or two.

Celeste Barber is funny. I follow her on Insta, along with 5 million others and her piss-takes of ridic celeb photos are great. Book worthy though? Nah, not yet. This is an EASY read, but her life has been pretty straight and boring (not a bad thing at all, just doesn’t make for a great read!). I did get a bit teary when
Kerenza
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

When you find yourself literally laughing out loud....alone....in public....whilst listening to this book then you know you’re onto a winner!

So many hilarious moments; that I think you can only appreciate by listening to the book as well as some truly heartfelt moments.

Great book, great person. Great read :)

#challengeaccepted
Andrea
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Laugh out loud funny, whilst cleverly addressing many important topics impacting women. A perfect “plane read”.
Renee
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Probably wouldn’t have actually paid for this one.

RTC
Andrea Pole
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Celeste Barber's book, Challenge Accepted, reads as part memoir, part comedy routine, and the result is fully successful. With over four million followers on Instagram, Celeste has risen to fame primarily for poking fun at the ridiculous affectations of celebrities, although she has previously worked as a comedian and actress in Australia for many years. What her newfound followers won't realize is that prior to her #challengeaccepted fame, Celeste has faced a multitude of challenges in her pers ...more
Ashley
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I went into this semi-blind. It was available via ARC, so I decided to take a chance. I googled the author to see just whose memoir I was reading and instantly remembered the hilarious parodies I'd seen on facebook. I didn't even know she was an "insta" star as the hip folks say because I'm not on instagram like that. I picked this up because I needed something lighthearted to get me through some pregnancy complications I've been having. What are the odds the first story is about her preparing f ...more
Book Him Danno
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

If readers follow her Instagram page this book is a must read that will have you crying so hard from laughing. Celeste Barber is funny and her voice comes though loud and clear though her story about pregnancy and her hot husband. She makes fun of herself and her decisions she has made though life.

This is the book ever mother could write but Celeste Barber takes her background in humor making this book a laugh out loud book on life as a woman, mother and wife.

The author connects to readers thou
Joslin
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read this book pretty quickly as it’s quite an easy read, funny and engaging. But since finishing I keep coming back to the same thought ‘what was this book even about and why was it written?’ And I can’t come up with an answer. I enjoy the Instagram page and got caught up with the buzz of the book but I can’t help but wonder was it even needed? The book isn’t your typical autobiography in that there’s not some life challenge that has been overcome it just seems a bit soon to have written a bo ...more
Sally Marshall
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF
It took nearly 4 weeks to read 70% I just couldn’t do it, felt like a chore.
It felt t was quite self indulgent for a complete historical memoir, a lot of it would only be
Meaningful to people who know her. I picked the book because of her insta posts hoping there would be much more emphasis on why she started the posts, the feedback she got, where to from here. And she might have explored that but after 70% read I was too bored to find out. I find her insta posts really funny and for me the
Steffy
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"It's your responsibility to look after yourself."

I love Celeste's #challengeaccepted on Instagram and think this memoir is just as funny. It's an easy read and her voice comes through the pages. It's witty, incredible hilarious and offers many laughing out loud moments, while also touching on more serious topics. A lot in this book is about body positivity and owning who you are in general. She covers different moments of her journey, from bullying, to her acting and comedian career and motherh
Resi Cullen
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
***I was provided a free copy of the book in exchange for my honest opinion of it from netgalley.com***

I have been following Celeste's Instagram account for years now and I just think she is downright hilarious. I love her views on things, they are refreshing and lovely throughout. It's a very funny book, sometimes it cuts a bit into serious topics, but it stays pretty light-mooded throughout the course of the book. I would really recommend this book for anyone who wants to have a good time and
Alissa
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
NOTE: I got a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I’m just going to start this off by saying I seriously enjoyed this book. It was funny, it was real and it was insightful. Also, it appears that this was released in 2018 in Australia and will be released in February 2019. So that’s a thing.

Celeste presents her life story in stark reality, but somehow everything she talks about is still incredibly relatable. I’m not really sure what else I can say about this
Tesha Ham
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this title, it was so funny and honest and I enjoyed every second reading about her life. I think the way that she included a range of stories about different parts of her life and was up front about how she felt and thought and the way she makes it interesting makes this book so interesting and hard to put down.

I voluntarily read and received a free ARC copy of this title through NetGalley in exchange for a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Sarah Noonan
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was half way there for me. I LOVE Celeste and think she is a crazy amazing comedian. Throughout the book there were so many moments I laughed but I enjoyed seeing a softer, more serious side to her as well.

For me I felt like it was a little glazed over - nothing went too deep and I felt it was disconnected with the chapters. I enjoyed seeing a more serious, softer side to her but I do feel like the overall book was lacking depth.
Sarah Carr
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is probably the best memoir I can remember reading. I've long followed Celeste on Instagram and loved her sense of humor. The book certainly explores that in more depth (she's so damn funny!) but you also get a sense of Celeste's huge heart, her love for her family and friends, and the example she sets of just being herself, no matter what. I hope she writes another memoir because I'd gobble that up too.
Elizabeth Grieve
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
As much as I like Celeste Barber's Instagram feed, and love her parodies of stupid 'celebrities', I'm not sure it's worthy of a memoir ... it seems rather self-indulgent, and while it may be of great interest to her friends and family, I didn't find it particularly interesting (or humorous). Sorry, it's a no from me, but will keep on following via Instagram.
Katy Wheatley
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been following Celeste on Instagram for a long time. I really wasn't sure what to expect from her book. I wondered if it would just be a rehash of her Instagram account but with a higher word count. It isn't at all. It's pretty much an autobiography with a selection of her Instagram pictures throughout. It was well written and funny and made me like her even more.
Julie
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
3.5
I really love Celeste's Instagram account, her funny pictures and InstaStories and I enjoyed reading this book. But I maybe expected too much. I think that the best way to read this book, is to hear her reading it as an audio book. I think that it brings way more emotion and fun if read by her, because she's a good story teller.
Cristina Rodriguez
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I guess my "problem" with this book is expectations. As somebody stated in a review I read over here, I don't really see what's the point of this book. It's a bit of everything and nothing in between. It didn't engage me, although the chapter about bullying was pretty good, and there was way too much #hothusbandness. I'm still a big fan of Celeste and her comedy, just not this book.
Aimee Funnell
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After following Celeste on Instagram, and seeing her on the TV, I always really enjoyed her sense of humour, so needed to pick this book up as soon as possible!

I really enjoyed reading this book, and Celeste’s sense of humour comes through so well in the stories she shares throughout this memoir!
Tania Kliphuis
Celeste Barber is funny and lovely. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it if I'd read it, but hearing her read it was entertaining enough. It's not going to change your life, but it will feel like a Tuesday evening wine date with a good friend.
Sarah King
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hilarious insight into the mind of Celeste Barber. It is mostly hilarious with some serious elements. Who knew that she had open heart surgery with her body? Not Me! A nice read but like her brain it can be scattered all over the place
  • Thirsty
  • How Not to Murder Your Grumpy
  • Back, After the Break
  • The Forty First Wink
  • Bridge Burning and Other Hobbies
  • Riding the Black Cockatoo
  • Runaways, Vol. 3: That Was Yesterday
  • Stinking Rich
  • High Heels and Dirty Deals - Globetrotting Tales of Debauchery from a binge-drinking Nymphomaniac
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Doing Max Vinyl (Annie Ogden, #1)
  • Audrey at Home: A Kitchen Table Biography
  • The Spider Goddess (Pandora English, #2)
  • Rescued: What Second-Chance Dogs Teach Us about Living with Purpose, Loving with Abandon, and Finding Joy in the Little Things
  • Dirt Nap Rhapsody