Start by marking “Dreadful (Shaye Archer #6)” as Want to Read:
Dreadful (Shaye Archer #6)

Dreadful

(Shaye Archer #6)

Now you see me…

Six years ago, five friends went to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Four of them returned. One simply disappeared. Jenny Taylor has never gotten over the disappearance of her twin sister, Caitlyn, but now things are even worse. Caitlyn calls to Jenny in her dreams, begging her sister to find her. But Jenny’s memory of the entire night is completely gone.

Shay
Published April 4th 2018 by J&R Publishing

Start your review of Dreadful (Shaye Archer #6)
Sandee
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A person missing for six years. Old friends who cannot forget her. In comes Shaye to help solve the mystery. In this book the twists kept me guessing almost to the end. I loved it. Once again, I cleared my schedule and read. Jana just keeps delivering with this series. No repetition, just action-filled and heart-stopping. The characters and their relationships keep growing. The complexity of the various intertwining story lines are handled impeccably. I highly recommend this book and Jana Deleon ...more
Marsha
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been in a reading funk and thought I lost my reading mojo. However, leave it to Jana Leon and the Shaye Archer to bring restart my love for reading. “Dreadful” takes this series to a whole new level both in the mysteries Shaye solves and in her personal life.

Shaye is working on some boring insurance invoices when there is a knock on her door. Jenny’s twin sister, Caitlyn went missing during Madi Gras six years prior. She also lost her memory of the situation that night as well. Now, she is
Elisa
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A spine tingling thriller that kept me guessing to the end.
Just when I thought I had it all figured out another twisted caught me off guard, I really love how this series keeps me on my toes.

Shay Archer is on another tough case and again it's crossing with one of Jackson's cases but Jackson is also juggling more than one cases as well even though technically he and his partner have been taken off the kidnapping case.... my oh my talk about tangled webs and jumbled lies and a who's who of a crap
Thomas
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While Shaye Archer is catching up on paperwork. She gets a visit from three twenty something people. Two young women and a man.

One of the young women, Jenny Taylor, was with the other two people, her twin sister, and another friend. They had gone into a bar during Mardi Gras, after going to the restroom Jenny’s sister Caitlyn had simply disappeared. The police were unable to find her, and after six years, the case has since long gone cold.

Jenny has been unable to function since, and Shaye take
Tina
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
****Spoilers***

Twist ending are a favourite of mine and Shate Archer, Dreadful doesn't disappoint. I did begin to suspect a couple of points about half way through but it still didnt disappoint.
I would have loved to see Shaye tell Corrine about her baby and what she found.
I admired this character for deciding to remain distant and not interfere in her child's life. it was lovely to see a child not in trouble.
Revisiting with Hustle and Saul is always a highlight.
Looking forward to more.
Kris Strigel
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
great & suspenseful book! love all of jana deleons books & this is no exception. can't wait for the next book. love Shaye Archer ! ...more
JadeShea
This one was a really twist, but it was some what boring at times. And I was a bit annoyed with Shaye towards the end.
Shelby
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Of course I loved it
Tracy T.
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book and narration, (audible review)

I enjoyed this book. I did miss some of the other characters in this book though.

Another crazy person murder mystery. Jana DeLeon does have an imagination. I couldn't figure this one out until close to the end. I had some guessing moments for sure but there were some twists and turns that had me rethinking it. So that is a good thing.

I love this writing style, the books are basically full of dialogue. which is fantastic, and NOT written in the first pers
Yvonne Wolfe
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

The story gets better with each book. PI Shaye Archer has been hired to find the missing twin sister of an emotionally distraught and frail woman. The missing woman disappeared 6 years earlier during Marti Gras in New Orleans. As Shaye questions potential witnesses and friends dead bodies start to pile up. Shaye also is dealing with personal issues from her past. Shaye has fractured memories of her own abusive childhood. Her friend and budding love interest Detective Jackson LaMotte i
Sharon
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars

Shaye Archer is hired to look into a cold case; Jenny's twin sister, Caitlyn, disappeared during Mardi Gras six years ago, and she is in desperate need of closure. Soon, people who believed that the situation was long-resolved are turning up dead.

I'm not going to lie; I was a little disappointed in this one. I figured out what was happening about two-thirds of the way into the book. (view spoiler)
Literati Literature Lovers
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brilliant killer with a shallow motive.

This latest Shaye Archer book is full of twist and turns, with plenty of thrills, but when the motive for the killing is revealed it is weak. Unlike Shaye’s other cases this one is a cold one, and the trail for the missing woman is long dead, or so Shaye thinks. Lots of lies permeated the various characters motives, made for a tale with too many lies, and no real good guy.
As for Shaye’s personal life Jackson and Shaye have still not moved onto a more intim
Pam
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jana Deleon's Shane Archer series is anything but dreadful. The twists and turns will leave you guessing until the end and Dreadful does not disappoint. The story focuses on a group of young people who go out to party during Mardi Gras, when one disappears. Still unsolved years later, the remaining friends hire Archer in an attempt to finally put that night to rest. DeLeon drops hints and misdirection throughout the book but the final twist is a doozie. I began reading DeLeon's Miss Fortune seri ...more
Roxie (tokenfemale)
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I have really enjoyed the entire Shaye Archer series, and will continue reading as long as Jena writes them! What started with a much better than usual freebie (Malevolent) has turned into a long term love affair.

This one wasn't my favourite of the bunch though, simply because it was less plausible than the others. And maybe because there was less screen time for the antics of Shaye's adoptive mum and her therapist - love those ladies! Also no real forward movement between Shaye and Jackson.....
Mary Lou Webb
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A thrill ride nearly every minute

Twins. Disappearances. Murders. Kidnapping. Amnesia. All of these intertwine to make this the best Shaye Archer novel yet. Once again, Shaye's case intertwined with the NOPD's, so once again Jackson's career is on the line. He and his partner, Grayson, just got kicked off a state senator's granddaughter 's kidnapping, which is being usurped t the FBI.

The plot is phenomenal, as are the characters, in this page turner of a thriller. I highly recommend this book an
Mary
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the series and this book was just as exciting and well written as all the rest. This time Shaye Archer is on the case of a disappearance that took place 6 years ago. Sounds impossible, doesn't it? Not for Shaye! There are lots of twists and turns and shady characters. The twist at the end was very good and one that was not easily seen in the making. The last chapter is a somewhat of a tear jerker and I really liked the way it was handled. I'm looking forward to more Shaye Archer mysteries ...more
Joan Fischer
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Still reeling

As thrillers go, this is one of the best. Many series becomes stale by this time and lose impact as the author rushes to churn out another book. Ms. DeLeon just keeps getting better crafting a logical, yet unbelievable ending. When you lose yourself in the story and cry at the emotional impact you know it's good. On one hand I hope this is it for the series as it is going to need to take a different track to keep going. But, I'll be counting days until the next one arrives. What ha
Ardyth
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written, as usual. I love all of Jane's books. This book is like her other books, fast moving and exciting. The Shea Archer series is so fast paced and you can't help but hope the good guys come out on top.

Exciting as usual. The Shea Archer series is always a spellbounder. As with all of Jane's books, very entertaining in a "can't out the book down till the end" sort of way
Jo Mikels
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's complicated

Jana DeLeon is one of my favorite authors. Her Shaye Archer series is generally much darker than her other books and this one runs true to form. There are multiple murders that overlap and Shaye and Jackson stay busy. Without giving anything away, the ending is much sunnier than others have been. I look forward to more.
Dawn Gee
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Twisted brilliance

The murder mystery is brilliant with twists and turns with complete shock. There are several sad moments throughout the story. It ends with Shaye proving what complete selfless love should be like for a child. I'm a happy note, Shaye and Jackson are still building a solid relationship.
Chris Pilgrim
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dreadful

Wow!!! What an entertaining and suspenseful read. I think the Shaye Archer series is excellent and I'm so glad I found it. I think the authors who write series are smart when they offer the 1st book in the series free. After you've read the first one, if it's good, you'll gladly pay to read all future ones.
Pamela Serfass
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best Shaye Archer yet

This book took me completely by surprise. Normally I can figure out “who-done-it” but this was a shock! I love the development between Shaye and Jackson and am anxious for the next book. If you haven’t tried this series you really need to start with the first book or you will be lost. Love Jana DeLeon!
Lois L Langham
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A story full of twists and turns

If you like a good story where you will not see what is coming, even if you guess parts you will never guess it all. Suspense, mystery, murder and a Shaye’s relationship with detective Jackson continues to evolve. Fast paced , you won’t want to put it down.
Mary Rowe
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Dark and Dreadful, As Promised

A cold missing persons case crosses Shaye’s doorstep and begins to collapse an intricate web of lies, secrets and present-day murders as Jackson and Grayson end up resolving a similarly dreadful kidnapping while their homicide investigations continue.
amy todd
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Didnt see that coming

Brilliant read! nerve wracking from begining to end i just love Shaye please dont let this be the last! we need more Shaye and Jackson and Shayes brilliant heroism. This book had brilliant characters.. Amazingly well set scenes and a gritty storyline. A must read for any jana deleon fan!
Tameka
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Amanda
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had no doubt that this book would be as great as the rest if the series and it surely didn't let me down. This is such a wonderful series. This book was a little slower than the rest but it was necessary for the storyline because the end of the story line was a complete 180!!! I was completely shocked.
Susanne Lee
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!

I have read every book Me. DeLeon has written. They are all incredible, this surpassed everyone of them. Shaye is her usually great astute self. All the other characters in the book blended and twisted into a wonderfully complex look at people who have been friends forever. If you haven't read this series yet, you need to.
Danielle sm
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

I chose this rating because of the suspense and curiosity
I loved the suspense and the way the author twisted the context of the book
I didn't like how you !any guys to remember in order to figure things out
I would absolutely recommend this book
Into the last book

Kandice
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm assuming this is the end of the Shaye Archer series. The mystery had some great twists and turns. Not as many dark aspects as some of the previous books. And closure for Shaye. Eleonore and Corrine only make a brief appearance. Understandable with the storyline but i missed them.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fortune and Fame (Miss Fortune World Book 1)
  • Once Hunted, Twice Shy (The Happily Everlasting Series, #2)
  • The Body in Witch Elm (Miss Fortune Series)
  • Fortune and Glory (Miss Fortune World Book 2)
  • Dirty Devil (J.J. Graves Mystery #8)
  • Fortune and Pride (Miss Fortune World Book 3)
  • A Blooming Fortune (Miss Fortune World)
  • Total Eclipse of The Hunt (The Happily Everlasting Series, #5)
  • Leaving Sinful (Miss Fortune)
  • Fooled Around and Spelled In Love (The Happily Everlasting Series, #3)
  • Murder on the Sinful Express (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Stories Book 7)
  • Hell in a Handbasket (Rose Gardner Investigations, #3)
  • An Everlasting Christmas (The Happily Everlasting Series, #7)
  • Map Skills Murder (Merry Wrath, #7)
  • Curses and Cupcakes (The Happily Everlasting Series, #6)
  • Witchful Thinking (The Happily Everlasting Series, #4)
  • The Fish Bomb Caper (Miss Fortune World)
  • The Identity Inquiry (Miss Fortune World Book 1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ou ...more

Shaye Archer (7 books)
  • Malevolent (Shaye Archer #1)
  • Sinister (Shaye Archer #2)
  • Diabolical (Shaye Archer #3)
  • Wicked (Shaye Archer #4)
  • Unseen (Shaye Archer #5)
  • Damned (Shaye Archer, #7)