Start by marking “Hotline to Hell” as Want to Read:
Hotline to Hell

Hotline to Hell

Kayel Cleary is a phone sex operator. All she wants to do is get through law school, and if that means late-night phone calls with men who think she’s something she’s not, then so be it.

That is, until one of her long-time clients is murdered – and she hears it all.

Lathan only wants one thing: a seat on the vampire council. He’s worked his entire unnatural life for this mom
Published June 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hotline to Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hotline to Hell

Amber
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hotline to Hell is the first book I have read by Emily Cyr. I really love Paranormal Romance, especially vampires, it's always been one of my favorites. Hotline to Hell is different from what I have read in the past, I really love the world Emily Cyr has built within this book. I love Lathan, his character is my fave, he's not at all what he originally seems to be. Kayel is thrown into a world she didn't know existed but soon learns its whats been missing from her life and she wouldn't have it a ...more
Katherine Paschal
'I didn’t get it at first, but when he pointed the gun at me, the fog of shock lifted real damn fast. I was a moment shy of there being a “clean-up on aisle six” situation.

“Well that was certainly unexpected.” It just kinda came out. My brain had clearly lost all communication with my mouth.'

Kayel just wants to pay her bills, do her homework and get through law school- which is why she has her (secret) job as a phone sex operator. Sure, that is not something she wants to brag about, but she h
Denise Van plew
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time in reading this author with not knowing how I missed her before. I am always on the look out for a good paranormal nowadays. I want one that will slowly sneak up on me like this one did but then takes me over like this one. Kayel catches your attention with what catches her that it also tickles the tingles. She also gets to have revealed more than she took on when she started the job. Imagine how you would feel. This is also a scrumptious murder mystery one that keeps you o ...more
Linda Romer
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Hotline to Hell was a fun Vampire read with a lively heroine named Kayel. She's a spitfire that doesn't like to curse so makes up funny names for said curse words. Her savior Lathan and his fellowship Karis and Monty were interesting characters and I liked the banter between them. Kayel AKA Jade, that's her phone sex operator name has gotten into some trouble and the story that unfolds is very entertaining. I liked this Authors story and would recommend this book to Paranormal fans.
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me and where has she been all of my life?! This book is a real page turner. I just couldn’t put it down, I had to know what happened. Kayel is trying to make ends meet while going to law school, so she becomes a phone sex operator. When a regular client of her calls she believes it will be routine, but she couldn’t be more wrong. The call changes her reality and thrust her into the world she tries to navigate. She is not alone in all of this Lathan, a vampire wanting a se ...more
Nicole
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hotline to Hell by Emily Cyr is a paranormal romance suspense with a very unique storyline and its own take on the vampire genre.

I found the blurb intriguing and original so I was very invested in this story from the beginning. This is the first book by the author that i have read and i think it was put together well.
I enjoyed reading about Kayel and Lathan and their respective personalities and eventually their reationship together.
The suspense element was great and their were enough twists and
Bunnycore
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come
Vettech
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm such a "sucker" for a great vampire book and this was a real page turner. Love the title Hotline To Hell. As this story begins we enter the world of the sex phone operator. Kayel Cleary is hard at work going to law school. As most college students do the beautiful young lawyer wanta be is also working a job to make ends meet. But not just any job for our girl....no she's got a special talent....that of a phone sex operator. Now the story gets really good when one of Kayel's regulars calls he ...more
Elizabeth
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know saying .. don't pick up the phone.. well Kayel had no choice considering it's her job! But who knew that one call would change everything including what she knows to be reality. This story sucks you in and doesn't let go... but I'm greedy and want more!
Ash
👍

Paranormal. Romance/UF. Traditional Vampires. Duel POV. Tenacious, intellectual, hearty, witty heroine. Purposeful, hard, icy vampire mmc. Being a phone sex operator Kayel has heard many weird things, but never a murder. Having been witness to her favorite clients murder she's very valuable to Lathen. Telling Kayel about himself will be the end of her life, but he'll do it to find his friend's killer. This is a story of forbidden love. Car's writing style is easygoing and relatable. Her charact
Penny
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by this author, and it will not be the last! I was drawn into the book from the very beginning, and the book never let me go. There were dual POVs in this book which I really enjoyed; if it’s done right, it’s always enjoyable. We also knew from the chapter title whose POV we were reading just in case that’s not your thing. I loved the plot, and while I feel the romance seemed a little quick, it was sweet and great! The author is an excellent writer, she’s great w ...more
Adjectiveplusnoun
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Gr review hotline to hell
NB- I received this book for free in exchange for a review, and an extended version is available at my blog https://adjectiveplusnoun.wordpress.com/
When I chose to review this book, I had thought it was more urban fantasy than paranormal romance. I was wrong. This book centres around the relationship that forms between the two POV characters. My chief complaint stems directly from this, and it’s that the relationship is not believable. Nothing at all draws the two chara
T.
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the story except for the creative cursing angle (it would have been nice if she just picked one or two). The story line was pretty good, but questionably contained holes and convenient arcs to make the plot progress easily. Glad it was only a buck.
Notes From 'Round the Bend
*I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.**

In case you haven't read this one or missed the release blitz post on 6/14, here's a quick recap:

That is, until one of her long-time clients is murdered – and she hears it all.

Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Kayel Cleary has one goal in mind, and that’s to make it through law school. Since she wasn’t born with a silver spoon in her hand, that means she needs to work while putting herself through school. Her job? She’s a phone sex operator. When she hears one of her clients being murdered during a call, her life is changed forever.

Lathan’s goal is to sit on the vampire council and give made vampires a voice among the born. When he discovers his biggest supporter was murdered, he knows he has to find
Melanie Marsh
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that I’ve been a fan of Emily Cyr’s from the beginning. I also have no problem saying when I don’t like something in one of her books. I wasn’t sure how I would feel going into Hotline to Hell. I was worried it would be too romantical for me or something along those lines, but it really wasn’t. My immediate response to phone sex operator isn’t exactly something I would normally read. Luckily, I was willing to give it a chance based on the reliability of her other books.

Kayel has
Anna
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
The promise of an interesting concept is what really got me into reading this book. I saw the blurb, where it stated that the vampire and a human phone sex operate who had no idea about supernatural world where going to investigate a murder together and I immediately wanted to see it happen. The dynamic and the story promised to be unique and interesting and I just couldn't resist.
The reality, however, was not as shiny. The plot turned out to be quite typical, the characters ordinary and the wr
Samantha
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Hotline to Hell is a sexy vampire novel with action, adventure & romance. Kayel is a snarky, smart girl who is trying to pay for law school by being a sex phone operator. Then, her client is murdered & she is thrown into a strange and dangerous world. I enjoyed Kayel's personality, her witty responses and her strong willed attitude. I didn't really connect with the whole "no cussing" thing. I liked how it switched POV from Kayel to Lathon so you could see what each character was thinking ...more
Tayla Lewis
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read so many vampire books in my lifetime and this so far is my all time favorite. These vampires are so much different than any I've ever read. I love the world Emily has created. I want sure if I looked Kayel really but by the end of the book I loved her sassy nature and made me laugh she hated swearing!! This is the first book I've read by Emily Cyr I will be reading her other vampire books!! Thank you so much for this wonderful read ❤ ...more
Dramirez1987
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This book was surprising.

At first it took me a while to get into it because it felt like it sucked you in and then cooled off and repeated that pattern a few times.

I loved Kayel’s creative and colorful language! She had me laughing and her monologue at end in front of the council had me jumping up and down!

I lope K gets her own book, that’d be awesome.
Pure Textuality
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent quick read! I need more!

It took me forever to finally sit down and read this book but couldn't put it down once I did. I loved the characters, the mystery, and the dialog is clever from cover to cover. More detailed review coming soon! A must read for anyone who likes the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones or the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost.
CL Runchey
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and steamy

I love this book. It doesn't end on a cliffhanger, but I would love to read more about these two. Different take on vampires and its new and fresh approach hope to see more in this world.
Carol
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful book! There was lots of humor with a lot of suspense, making it a completely enjoyable book! I really enjoyed the plot and The Who dun it, keeping you guessing till the very end.
It was truly a great read that I am sure others will enjoy just as much as I did.
Taylor
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
😳

This book made me laugh and it was so much better than I thought it was going to be. So glad to have found/read this book. I highly recommend to anyone who is looking go humor, twists, got vampires, and more humor. 😜
Andrea Heltsley
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
Enjoyed

Another great read from this author. I really enjoyed her other Vampire series so I couldn’t wait to read this book. If you want a sexy vampire romance that’s creative and entertaining then check it out. Four glittery stars!
Debbie
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's my first read of this author. I did enjoying muchly. Will look for others of hers
GCB-LovesGoodBooks
I read this in one sitting and I liked it. It was light and somewhat fluffy. I did not like the Kayle at first, but she grew on me.
Cristie Alleman
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read.. Really different from all the other Vampire books I've read..
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Hotline to Hell by Emily Cyr was much more enjoyable than I was expecting, and that's saying something, because I've loved all the books I've read by this author so far. Kayel is a super main character who keeps you rooting for he through the whole book. I enjoyed learning about this whole other world around her right along with her. Lathan grows on you quite quickly too. He's an intense dude... in everything he does... and I do mean everything!

The ARC of Hot
Helena#bookdreamer
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, favorites
Re read on August 2019, still found it funny and heartwarming. Lathan catches feelings for her pretty quickly and kayle holds her own. Still a fantastic read.

Entertaining, funny and sexy

Really enjoyed the book. Kyle was spunky, smart and fought to take control of her life despite the circumstances. I loved how their love grew gradually and she began to accept his world. I also like Lathan tough but sweet. There were some really sweet moments between them and the sexual heat intense.

• The Girl Who Punched Back (Death Fields, #2)
  • Mates Since Birth (Half-breed Shifters, #3)
  • Cats & Dogs (Alpha Trio, #1)
  • Dark Moon (Red Moon, #3)
  • Fire Girl (A Tale of Witches and Wolves, #1)
  • Hear No (Hidden Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • External Forces (The Laws of Motion #1)
  • Dark Cravings (Dark, #1)
  • Bayou Shadow Protector (Bayou Magic #2)
  • To Dare the Duke of Dangerfield (Wicked Wagers, #1)
  • Of Flame and Fate (Weird Girls, #8; Flame, #2)
  • Compelled By The Vampire (Vampire Enforcement Agency, #1)
  • Sacrificed to the Dragon: Part 3 (Stonefire Dragons, #1 part 3 of 4)
  • Mr. Virile and the Girl Next Door
  • Wicked Soul (Ancient Blood, #1)
  • Omega (Mackenzie Grey: Origins #4)
  • Blood Mate (Project Rebellion, #2)
  • The Wager (Sisters of Scandal, #2)