Start by marking “Old Enough (The Age Between Us, #1)” as Want to Read:
Old Enough (The Age Between Us, #1)

Old Enough

(The Age Between Us #1)

I’m old enough to drive a car, buy alcohol, and enter a club.
I’m old enough to take responsibility for my actions.
I’m old enough for her.
No matter what her middle-aged friends or society says.
No matter she’s the age of my mother.
No matter why or how I met her.
I’ll take those secrets to my grave.
And her with them.
If those secrets don’t ruin us first.

(Old Enough is Book 1 of
Published July 17th 2018 (first published July 4th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Old Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Old Enough

Deborah
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book is an older woman/younger man and that’s not my thing. At all.
The few times I’ve read OW/YM in the past was by accident. Either it wasn’t mentioned in the blurb or the difference was only a couple of years so nothing major. Yet I said yes to the offer of an arc (and I’m very picky about which arcs I accept) because the two books I’ve previously read by this author were fabulous.
And I was curious where she’d go. Could she write a book I’d like about I subject I don’t?

And the answer to
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I gotta say this is the best older woman, younger man tropes I have read to date. The author did a brilliant job of making this 19 year old come off as one of the most confident and dominant heroes and yet stay true to his age.

Brian's story is believable. The way he is an old soul due to how young he was when he had to become the man of the house. I'm very intrigued by him and I'm on pins and needles waiting to see what is going to happen in book 2.

I'm not sure how I feel about Jane yet. I like
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4-4,4 stars

Old Enough took me by surprise, I didn't expect to love it so much!I find myself hooked and I couldn't put it down.It was hot,fast paced and intense.

The story line was refreshing and different from what I have read and this make me enjoy it even more.Brian is sweet,protective and sexy.Jane is an interesting heroine.I loved her most of the time but there were some moments she frustrate me.

I can't wait to read the next book!!

Sophia Triad
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jane: When I meet his eyes again, there’s amusement in his. He knows he’s pretty, and he’s used to being looked at. He flashes me a smile, exposing a dimple in his left cheek.

Brian: She’s a woman, not a girl. Too much woman, maybe. For me, I mean. But Jane’s also a lady. She’s in a class that exists on the other side of the tracks, the kind who is well-bred and polite.

Jane and Brian: The battle I’ve been fighting for the past two weeks is lost. I become wholly and irrevocably aware of him
Melanie A.
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
4 STARS!
It's both beautiful and scary. Like him.
Creating a believable premise for a dark read is no easy feat, but once again Charmaine Pauls delivers!

The story opens with 42 year-old ad exec Jane getting blindsided by her husband.
"I'm leaving you."
Despite the shock, she's not really dismayed. They may have shared 12 years and a child, but their marriage was never a heated one.

One month later she meets Brian.

Brian is not your average 19 year old. He may be young . . . and poor, but
Carvanz
Wow! This was so much more than I anticipated!

I’ve never been a huge fan of the older woman/younger man trope but I’ve loved everything I’ve read by this author so I trusted her and took a step right off into the deep end of the crazy world she always seems to create. I couldn’t be happier about it.

Jane’s husband leaves her for another woman and her life is suddenly in turmoil. Her greatest love was lost years ago and so her marriage has been one of safety, security and friendship. Now she’s fac
Princess under cover
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
So. Here's the nutshell: Like Brian, the hero a LOT. His name, not so much. I dunno. Brian is just so proverbial. Too common for his compelling character. Jane? Don't care. She's not bad, but she's not memorable either. It's Brian I'm reading the book for.

Plot - predictable as you can imagine. The fact the novel ended without really "ending" is deeply unsatisfying. Why drag this out??? Just give them their happily ever after already. I hate "series" that drag out for no good reason.

Sex - pretty
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
30688871_1754422677943398_901543953604542464_n
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-17/7/18

Well, well well, what a surprise this was.
So after previously deciding against ARC reading this; as well if I'm honest as much as I love age gap romances they don't really work for me when its a younger man older women.
I know double standard and all, buts that's just the way I roll.
I can only think of one instance when the above trope has worked for me; a story by Carian cole so I usually avoid younger man romances like the plague.
But after reading a
Dee Montoya
2 Stars**

This book is hot, no doubt there. Unfortunately I need more than just hot sex in a book.

I was never able to connect with the characters and the plot was all over the place, it was overwhelming and confusing.

If you are looking for a really hot book, you know the panty-melting kind ? this is your book. For me I have to be in the mood for it, and I guess now is not that time.

Auntee
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erotic romance fans
Oh. Wow.
Where to begin?
A 'taboo' romance between a 'wrong-side-of-the-tracks' 19 year old man (yes, a 'man' in every sense of the word) and a beautiful, sophisticated, up-town 42-year old woman?
Can I enjoy this and believe in them as a couple?
Oh you betcha!

First of all, the writing is first rate. It's such an interesting premise, and I was curious to see if the author could pull it off. Going in I was a bit skeptical, prepared to give up on it if it wasn't to my liking. But I not only liked it,
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
So good and the best is yet to come. Ugh cliffhangers!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was curious about this story and what she would do to make this reverse May to September romance an okay situation. It is funny how people view others when the man is older – that is acceptable. However, when the woman is older, then that is seen differently. Shame and disgust can be evident even from your good friends.

This story is one of those stories. A hidden secret romance that has a huge secret at
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
✪✪ 1/2
“The more I get to know her, the more I feel like I’m getting to know myself, because she’s a reflection of what I am. She’s an answer to my call. Two damaged souls. The only difference is with her there’s beauty in the broken.”

Disclaimer: Thank you to the author and NetGalley whom provided a copy in exchange for an honest review.
descriptionAll images were found in pinterest, I do not own any of them.

I knew this was gonna be sexy, I just never thought there was gonna be HOT HOT HOLY FUCK HOT HOT
Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D
Aug 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: disappointed
Spoilers Ahead!!!

Damn this book was a total disaster!
I sure finished the whole story because plot had points to keep you interested and some suspense to want you to reach the end but as i read the book all i was feeling was anger, frustration and so much pity ( for me).
First of all this was my saturday night read which i always look forward to but this book ruined it!!

Second of all whatever happened in heroine's life felt like a mix of bunch of bad soap operas where she is raped, stabbed, chea
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yikes. Old Enough is another fabulous read by this author but I really do need more:)

This is Jane and Brian’s story. I loved the different spin on how these two meet. Jane is older than Brian by quite a few years. She’s hesitant about being with a much younger man but every time they meet she falls for him more.

How long can Brian keep his secret for??

That ending was perfect. I can’t wait to read the second part of this story. I’ve got a feeling it’s gonna a faster paced read.
MsMoxy
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS JUST ISN’T ENOUGH FOR Old Enough
“The devil wears many disguises. His favorite is the one of lover, because it’s so effective.”

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK! THE MOOD, SETTING, PLOT, CHARACTERS…

THIS BOOK HAS IT ALL!!!!! I’m so much in AWE I really don’t know where to begin with this review so bear with me as I could very well go off on a number of tangents!

Oh the FEELS this book brought out of me! Charmaine Pauls is a brilliant writer who creates these layered characters you becom
Jo
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m left gasping at the end of this book. I need the next book NOW!
The story of Jane and Brian has you literally galloping through this page turner.
The characters are so well written and yet again you are place somewhere that you know will end in tears but you don’t know which way the gut wrenching tragedy will come from.
There are a number of characters in this book that bring out that passionate side of you. I’m not a violent person but Debs need a bitch slap.
I can’t say enough good things abou
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
4 stars. Charmaine Pauls is slowly but surely on her way to becoming one of my new favorites. Her stories are so addictive and unique. I had no doubt in my mind that I was going to enjoy this and she definitely didn’t let me down.

Okay, picture my excitement when I got the e-mail about this book and seeing that it’s not only an Older/Younger relationship but an Older Woman/Younger Man relationship! Hell, yes. I’m all for that. The norm seems to be for the guy to be older so to see this was great.
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Old Enough (The Age Between Us #1)
By Charmaine Pauls
4 Stars

Well what a tangled web this book has become! After the devastating opening scene, bits and pieces are all coming together.

Jane, has felt nothing but loss as far as her love life has gone. 2 relationships down the toilet. Her daughter now wants to spend time with her father and his new fiancé. Having a successful career is about the only thing that is in her favor.

Brian, barely surviving on his paycheck and full-time student status. Ra
Gladys
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a very big fan of the forbidden romance trope, so when I saw this I was intrigued. Often though these books can lead to a letdown because they are just cookie cutter copies of the same basic idea and are all about the intimate scenes and lack anything else of substance. Well, that was definitely not the case for this book. Was it hot and steamy? Yes It was, but it was so very , very much more. This is a complex, well written, deeply moving and powerfully engaging read.

Brian and Jane. These
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Holy mother of God, Batman; Old Enough is one hell of a ride!

I have to qualify this first by saying I don't normally like the older woman/younger man trope. However, Old Enough has just given me my very first exception to this because it is seriously amazing. It's super sexy, it's suspenseful, it's got a central mystery running through it, and the characters are deeply layered and interesting.

Jane has just been told by her douchey husband that he's leaving her for his assistant. Yep, how cliché
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Old Enough by Charmaine Pauls is book one in The Age Between Us series. This is the story of Brian and Jane. Jane just got confronted by her husband saying that he is leaving her and pursuing a relationship with a women he worked with and now loves. Jane of course is shocked and surprised that he would leave her after 12 years of marriage.
Brian who will be 20 in 8 months has struggled to care for his family and really is older that his physical age through experience. Brian needing money for hi
Jen
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!!
God, this book!! So many feels along with a twist I wasn’t expecting!! The heat between Brian and Jane was off the charts 😍😍!! The writing was top notch too. I can’t wait for book 2.
BAM The Bibliomaniac
Charming couple but I didn't feel sparks. I dont know maybe I just like it rougher? But there was no shock value for me. So you know what this was like? Watching Magic Mike and realizing the screenwriter tried to give it a plot. That's what I compare it to
Viktoriya
Jun 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018, kindle
DISCLAIMER I got a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

For starters, this was a first book for me where a much younger man is "romancing" an older woman (most of the times, it's the other way around). So, I was very intrigued to see how it all played out. to be honest, it was disappointing. The characters written in such a way that you would never believe that Brian is barely 20 and Jane is in her 40s. Brian acts, talks, things, and behaves himself like a 40 pl
Sara
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gah! I wasn’t expecting that cliffhanger! I knew there’d be a cliffy, I could feel it coming but the story finished at 90% and damn was that ending ominous!

The first chapter for book 2 is included at the end, but I’m not spoiling myself. I’m gonna wait impatiently for the second instalment.

I really enjoy Charmaine Pauls’s writing. From the beginning she manages to suck you into the story and feel it as though it’s you living the story, not the characters.

Jane and Brian are prefect match for eac
Sofia Weavind
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book. I love Charmaine Pauls!
I was very quickly completely taken over by Brian and Jane.
In fact, I started reading slower, so that I wouldn’t run out of their story too fast. Sadly, the end did come and I am on tenterhooks for the next book.

Brian and Jane make something work, that looks impossible from the outside. Not only is there a huge age gap, but they’re from opposite sides of the tracks.

As usual there is a lot of detailed story and I just lo
Angela
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having read Ms. Pauls’ Loan Shark Duet, I was not sure what to expect from this new duology. It definitely is not as dark as Loan Shark but it has elements of despair and brought out the anger in me over the injustices in these two people’s lives. Brian is definitely an old soul who had to grow up too early and is more responsible than anyone I know that is his age. What can I say about Jane except that I cannot help but feel sorry for her and her circumstance. I do want to shake her a bit and s ...more
Anadosen
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m old enough to drive a car, buy alcohol, and enter a club.I’m old enough to take responsibility for my actions.I’m old enough for her, no matter what her middle-aged friends or society says.No matter she’s the age of my mother.No matter why or how I met her.I’ll take those secrets to my grave, and her with them, if those secrets don’t ruin us first.When I started reading I couldn't put it down.Charmaine Pauls is magnifysent writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great wo ...more
Buffyanna
Shelves: netgalley
If you are dubious because of the older woman/younger man premise, don’t be! This author’s past works have set me up for high expectations - ones that she certainly upheld with skill and conviction in Old Enough. I was hooked from the start and couldn’t put this down!

Jane Logan is blindsided by her spineless husband’s demand for a divorce on the night of their twelfth wedding anniversary. She is certainly unlucky in love, because before she married François, Jane was hopelessly head-over-heels i
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover Update Request 3 19 Apr 13, 2018 03:39AM

• Alaska or Bust
  • Schooled by a Senior
  • Under His Control (Hybrid Heat #2)
  • Quiet Strength (Strength, #2)
  • Jared's Fulfillment (Jared & Keiran, #2)
  • Love Drunk (Broken Lives, #4)
  • Demanding Discipline (Love and Care #3)
  • Taboo
  • The Time Between Us (Between Us #1)
  • Teddy and His Bear (Oh My!, #1)
  • Discovery (Kinky in the City #3)
  • Physical Distraction (Sinful Suspense, #1)
  • My Kind of Man (Heavy Load, #1)
  • When There is Hope
  • Rule 47
  • Aftercare
  • Allie's Moon
  • Omega for Rent
Charmaine Pauls was born in Bloemfontein, South Africa. She obtained a degree in Communication at the University of Potchestroom, and followed a diverse career path in journalism, public relations, advertising, communications, photography, graphic design, and brand marketing. Her writing has always been an integral part of her professions.

After relocating to Chile with her French husband, she ful

The Age Between Us (2 books)
  • Young Enough (The Age Between Us, #2)
“His lust is the dangerous brand, the type that can make your fantasies come true and ruin you.” 1 likes