Start by marking “Bad Reputation” as Want to Read:
Bad Reputation

Bad Reputation

She's a mercenary on a mission.

Bree Carson is an Undead assassin who makes her living using her supernatural abilities to kill criminals of all kinds, protecting humanity. But Chicago's new mayor wants her and all other paranormals either jailed or killed, and Bree's bad reputation has her at the top of the list.

When she's arrested one night, she's confronted by the mayo
Published March 31st 2018 by Vamptasy

To ask other readers questions about Bad Reputation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Reputation

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~
Holy moly I don't even know where to begin, I love, loved Bad Reputation, Is a intriguing, interesting, read full of paranormal creatures, but mainly vamps. I was hooked from the first chapter, I needed to know what would happen in this gripping short story. If your looking for a story chalk full of adventure, revenge, murder & well lets face it what story would be complete with out some drama. Grab a copy of Bad Reputation you won't be disappointed.

I received this book from the author for
Sarah Fairbairn
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Mayor looking to eradicate Paranormals. A Vamp with old scores to settle. And 50 Pages for the story to playout on. I really enjoyed the short and sweet high action adventure that was Bad Reputation.

Even though this is a paranormal crime short story, in true Lily Luchesi style there is plenty of humour and heart as well. Lily manages to tell a well-rounded story with a depth to the charters and world building that you do not normally get in so few pages. Lily really has a way with short storie
Shelly Wygant
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short novella with a bad@$$ heroine.

Bree is a undead assassin that is strong, sassy and smart. She is a loner that is doing what she can to protect humanity. When the one person in the city that is a threat to all the paranormals set her sights on Bree it begins a story that you won't want to put down.

This may be a short novella but packs one heck of a punch. It is full of angst, suspense, fight and more. Just when you think there is a end there is a twist that will throw you for a loop. The
Pike Perrie
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lily Luchesi gets better and better with each book I read. In this novella, she tells a heart-wrenching story of a love that transcends any bounds, including paranormal ones. Even in a novella, she brought twists to the plot that had my mouth literally dropping to the floor and reading faster. Our heroine, Bree, a determined and skilled vampire, is not one to be crossed. She may be a mercenary, but her character goes so much deeper. Well done Lily!!!
lovestoread
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crazy good novella. Quick read with so much action.

Bree has her life sucked away from her when she's just a young mother and wife. She uses her vampire abilities to take out the bad folk, human or paranormal. The vampire who turned her has returned all these years later.

I love the twist, I really didn't see it coming!
Danetta Sutton
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Once again this author brings a Badass Strong Woman to the forefront in this amazing short story. Bree Carson is a mercenary with a bad reputation. Her mission in life is to kill those who commit crimes against humans by any means necessary. By doing so she has gotten the attention of the Mayor who wants all paranormal beings put in check. Now the mayor has a personal mission of her own and needs help from none other than Bree herself.

This short packs so much more than you expect and hits you
On My Kindle BR
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I received a free copy of this book and opted to share a review.

Bad Reputation may be short but it packs a punch! I loved seeing a couple of strong-willed female protagonists working together to achieve a goal. Both of their characters are intriguing and the action is amazing. While elements of the premise have been done before, Luchesi puts her own unique spin on them to provide readers with an exhilarating experience. There are a couple of mind-blowing plot twists that add another layer of int
Yvonne Davies
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, kindle-read
Bree Carson is a vampire. From the moment she was turned she vowed to wipe out evil. She now spent her time hunting criminals, human or supernatural she was not fussed. Humans and supernaturals live together in a sort of harmony, but the new mayor was happy and vowed to wipe out every non-human. However when the Mayor needed help, she went against her beliefs and asked Bree to help in a life or death situation.
This is a standalone story which I hope leads to a series. It has a feel of her Parano
T.H. Morris
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the amazing quick read by Lily Luchesi!

Bad reputation is an intriguing spotlight into the underbelly of crime, sordid affairs, and dark motives...all with a paranormal twist. And, per usual, Luchesi does it with her trademark skill, awesomeness, and clarity. As I have said before, reading Luchesi's work is like a master class in pacing, development, and climax. And then, on top of the masterful storytelling, there were the gut-wrenching twists that she saved up, for the sole purpose of t
Danielle Goodwin
Lily Luchesi's "Bad Reputation" is a standalone tale with a similar feel/mythology to her amazing Paranormal Detectives Series. This little book has a huge twist in it! I can say that I totally didn't see it coming, which is amazing after reading so many of Lily's books. Once again, the writing jumps off the page and you can easily imagine yourself in the heroine's place. Overall, an amazing short read and a great way to get introduced to Luchesi's writing if you've never read her before.
Barbara Gartman
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bad Reputation is by far my favorite book by Lily now. It's a quick and very intense read that will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. You couldn't ask for a more bad-ass character than Bree. She will definitely steal your heart. This is an absolute must have and must read!
S.K. Gregory
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bree is a vampire assassin but she only hunts bad guys. When the mayor asks for her help it reopens old wounds. An entertaining read with a bit of a twist. One for paranormal fans.
Lorraine
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An awesome quick read from Lily Luchesi.

Meet Bree, a vampire with an agenda to wipe out evil, and Ilona, the Mayor who believes all paranormals are evil and should be in prison, or dead.
However, when Ilona needs Bree's help she has to put aside her beliefs.

Both characters are amazingly fleshed out and you can easily imagine being in Bree's, or Ilona's, shoes.

This stand-alone story grabbed me on the first page and didn't let go. It may be a short story, but it's packed with action and suspense th
Stephanie Herman

“She's a mercenary on a mission.”

Bree is one vampire you don't want to mess with if you want to live. On the run from the law, she makes her money as a mercenary while searching for her sire. I love it when the main character is a female who can hold her own. Bree is the epitome of independent and courageous. This is a novella that I'm hoping turns into a series. Loved it! Five stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 deserved and gladly given!
Sasha
Jun 22, 2019
Katrina biro
is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2018
Lily Luchesi is the USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of the Paranormal Detectives Series, published by Vamptasy Publishing. She also has short stories included in multiple bestselling anthologies, and a successful dark erotica retelling of Dracula.
She also compiled and edited the bestselling anthology Damsels of Distress, which focuses on strong female characters in horror and parano
“What?” Bree asked. “Never seen a skeleton key before?”
The mayor scoffed. “No, what I’ve never seen is someone turn into a fucking bat before my
eyes!”