Start by marking “The Captivating Flames of Madness” as Want to Read:
The Captivating Flames of Madness

The Captivating Flames of Madness

This book's title comes from the reality that - like a moth to the flame - we're all just one event, mishap, or decision away from things that could change our lives forever.

What would you do if fate led you astray into a grim world where you encountered vengeful ghosts, homicidal maniacs, ancient gods, apocalyptic nightmares, dark magic, deadly space aliens, and more?
I
Kindle Edition
Published April 2nd 2018 by HellBound Books Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Captivating Flames of Madness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Captivating Flames of Madness

Start your review of The Captivating Flames of Madness
Christi M
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other
The Captivating Flames of Madness offers a wide variety of short stories that range from creepy and scary to also leaving the reader with a general sense of unease. But, amongst the collection there are several that also give you something to think about long after you’ve left the story.

Thoughts:
Typically, when I read a collection of short stories I find that there is one that sticks with me a little more than the others. But to the author’s credit in this collection, I found I
Irene
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm afraid this book did not quite live up to my expectations. As an avid horror reader, if you promise me nightmares I'm expecting something far scarier.
While I did enjoy a couple of these stories, for the most part I found them more disturbing than frightening and more draggy than dramatic. The thing about short stories is that you have limited time to engage the reader before the ending. Only a couple of these stories hooked me right away. Others may enjoy this more than I did, but I fo
Honestmamreader
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This is not just one book but a glorious 22 short stories. I often find I have a few minutes spare every now and again in my hectic life this book is perfect to pick up and read a tale of weirdness.

To write a short story you must captivate your audience from the start. Parsons has achieved this perfectly. Each story is filled with great plot and character despite being short we still get everything we need. It's basically punches you in the face hard.

Jeff Parsons imaginat
Alex
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, horror
The Captivating Flame of Madness by Jeff Parsons

(Big thanks to Blackthorn Book Tours for providing me with a digital copy!)

Rating 2* / 5*
DNF at 25%

"They're going to kill you," a silky voice said inside his head. Startled, but being no stranger to the idea of people hearing voices, he said, "Maybe I can become more useful?" "Aren't you afraid of dying?" "No. Afraid of living..."

I tried you guys, I really did. I love short story collections, especially ones tha/>
Kate
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Captivating Flames of Madness by Jeff Parsons
A BarksBeachesBooks Review

Think back to your childhood. Remember Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz? Now fast forward to the “Creepy Pasta” internet horror stories of recent history such as The Russian Sleep Experiment. The Captivating Flames of Madness is Jeff Parsons marrying the two for a chilling read. Or rather, readS.
The Captivating Flames of Madness is a collection of 22 short horror stories. These are ca
Deborah
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tour
I received a complimentary ebook of THE CAPTIVATING FLAME OF MADNESS by Jeff Parsons as part of a book tour from Blackthorn Book Tours! Thank you to Blackthorn Book Tours and Jeff Parsons for the opportunity to read and provide an honest review!

THE CAPTIVATING FLAME OF MADNESS is a short story collection which promises to examine what happens when one turn of events changes life forever “like a moth to the flame”. The stories are varied, but center on dark themes. A German subm
David Hoenig
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In some ways, short fiction completely rocks it over the long form. Especially good for time-challenged people, such “bite-sized” entertainment allows one to finish a story and the time to ruminate over it in quiet moments before indulging in the next.

Single author collections offer an intriguing, concentrated glimpse into an author’s mind, and Jeff Parsons’ anthology, “The Captivating Flame of Madness”, does not disappoint in this regard. If there is a general theme across the stori
Zé Burns
Nursebookie
Oct 15, 2019
Kim
Oct 31, 2019
Sarah (Sarah's Book Life)
Nov 01, 2019