Start by marking “Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)

Cheat Codes

(Dawson Family #1)

Archer has always wanted what he can’t have — Quinn Dawson. Since the moment he saw her, he’s been denying his feelings for her, ignoring the void in his heart he knows only she can fill.

Everything about them was wrong, the kind of wrong that felt so right. But none of it mattered. Not the terrible timing. And definitely not the mess it would create if Archer made a move
Published May 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cheat Codes, please sign up.
Marie It ends with a cliffhanger. I usually hate that, but the book is so sweet, it doesn't bother me.

Start your review of Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)
Cristina | CristiinaReads
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳Friends with a strong attraction towards each other, plus a forbidden aspect of keeping them apart and their feelings for so long finally letting those said feelings explode and not letting them diminish in this raw, passionate romance novel...

➳Quinn and Archer show a very strong side of angst in this forbidden romance novel that has kept my toes curling through every page. I have never read a story by Emily Goodwin before, and after reading this one, I regret my actions of skipping her pr
Sabrina
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Cheat Codes was my first book from Emily Goodwin and it was a really good introduction to her writing. I was instantly captivated by Archer and Quinn's story, especially the whole brothers-best-friend thing. It's my favorite trope and I loved how the author handled it. Not too much drama but just enough to keep me up until the middle of the night reading.

I thought Quinn was a great character, she was secure in her nerdiness which was a nice change. It was just fun t
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

Quinn and Archer will absolutely steal your heart with their angst filled and forbidden romance.
Archer has been Quinn's brother, Dean, best friend since they were in college roommates, has known Quinn ever since, and has been interested in her all that time. But not wanting to ruin his friendship with Dean and the family-like relationship he has with the rest of the family, and also due to the fact that Quinn is younger, he never acted on his feelings. Neither did Quinn for th
Amanda
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cheat Codes — Emily Goodwin’s BEST book to date!

I went into this knowing the trope Emily was giving us but what we got was SO MUCH more. Emily writes Quinn and Archer with a lot of depth and chemistry! The beginning of these two character’s is probably my favorite part.. the angst, the need between them! It’s absolutely delicious to read and Emily so beautifully keeps us wanting MORE and she delivers!!!

Quinn and Archer completely stole my heart. I’m still reeling from that cliffhanger... OMG!
Melanie (mells_view)
She’s someone I could fall in love with. And I think I already have.

Ok. So this read was good. A best friends little sister or older brothers best friend romance... whichever way you’d like to look at it... combined with accidental pregnancy. I thought this was sweet, and the main couple has a fun push and pull before they finally.... well you’ll have to read and see.

I did have a couple issues with the book, but they were personal preference so I’m not letting them influence the rating. I get a
Anna
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cliffhanger
Only 3,5 stars
Huge turn off for me: they had unprotected sex several times.
Common!! He is good surgeon and she is some genius with computers!!! How they even didn't ask each other if they are clean??!
He was 18 and she was 14 when they met for first time. Both dated people until now

Debbie DiFiore
Not bad

Not great either. How this ended up in my library is beyond me but I read it. Liked Quinn wasn't too sure about Archer but he turned out to be a good man. He's known her since she was 14 but nothing happened until now. He's a doctor, she's a computer whiz and they have both had other relationships since then. Once they hook up its only them. She gets pregnant and he is very supportive. It is a cliffhanger but honestly I am not sure I will read the ending. Just not that into it. Great fami
nikki
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a beautiful little surprise this book was. It had the perfect mixture of angst, romance and some lighthearted moments too.
Quinn and Archer were absolutely perfect and I was rooting for them right from the very beginning.

“The situation with her just went from bad to worse. Because as I stand here looking at her, it hits me that she’s not just someone I want to hook up with. She’s someone I could fall in love with. And I think I already have.”

Archer is an absolute sweetheart, and just
Rejane
Jan 15, 2019 marked it as no-way-jose
Cliffhanger. And no warning anywhere. Just deceiving. Books with cliffhanger I don’t even consider reading and the author never makes my reading list. Period
Kim
Serves me right for not reading more reviews about this one. Two things I didn’t like:

(view spoiler)

No wait, I hated 3 things: Those things and the asshole drugged up brother who keeps popping up in calls with Archer’s mom. Make him solve his own damn problems like a friggin’ grownup. Safe
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
AHHHH!!! I don't know why I didn't expect for this to be a duet or end in a cliffhanger, but I started getting antsy as I got closer to the end and realized that there were a lot of issues left unresolved and then it was over!!!! I can not wait for End Game (and once I figured out the meaning of the Cheat Codes title, I was so enamored with Emily Goodwin for being clever) and to get the rest of Quinn and Archer's story! This book featured some of my favorite tropes: "best friend's sister/brother ...more
Dilushani Jayalath
Archer and Quinn takes home the trophy for the cutest couple ever!!! Can these two get any cuter???? Yes it took few chapters for them to get together but they are so freaking adorable. I love how they didn’t have a major meltdown regarding their “situation” but handled it nicely.

Their relationship isn’t the perfect setup for HEA but the way it progresses is just sweet. Despite them being kinda forced together I love how both of them loved each other from the beginning. Although the ending was
menna hafez
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
This book is really good and lovely but I don't know why the author made Quinn quickly become pregnant !!!!!
I want to see more or Archer and Quinn relationship but the author failed to formulate this part
Coco.V
Jun 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/1/2019)! 🎁
Mandy
Loved this book so much! The chemistry between Quinn and Archer was amazing! Super sexy, swoony and sweet- I loved everything about this couple. I can’t wait for the next book!
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4.5 "Geeky Girl & Hot Surgeon" Stars ⭐️
Emily Goodwin writes sweet, funny romances that leave you smiling and swooning hard! I love her stories so much, and the fact Cheat Codes is a brother’s best friend romance was a plus, as it’s my go-to trope! This story was so enjoyable and left my heart so full of happy feels!

"The moment I felt her against me, everything clicked into place. This is where I'm supposed to be. With Quinn."

Quinn Dawson is an awkwardly cute heroine! Really, t
Andi Isack
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
So first of all, you Emily Goodwin are a real angst specialist. If something excellences in this forbidden romance is that breathtaking angst. It drives you insane, you'll hardly can catch your breath, and suddenly it happens something unexpected to make your mind spinning around like crazy. But the story is going to "swoll" you whole. Because of the dynamic of the story but also because of the main couple. Quinn and Archer. Those two together are like fire on gasoline in a final movie scene. Ex ...more
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Emily Goodwin writes some sizzling reads! I devoured CHEAT CODES and could not put it down. I was warned that it was not a complete ending.... So be on the lookout for that, but I would say you get a full length younger sister/brother's best friend romance and it definitely delivers! I loved how the couple reconnect and diving into the layers of Archer. BUT I cannot wait for END GAME to come out!!!!
Teralyn Mitchell
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored Quinn and Archer even when they were irritating me by not admitting their obvious feelings for one another. Quinn was adorably quirky and nerdy and Archer was a hot, hot doctor. These two had me swooning and once I started this book, I devoured it. I cannot wait to for the next book! I need it like right now! This was such a cute story and so well written.
Cheesecake
Oct 21, 2019 marked it as currently-paused-reading
Not a review... just note to self. Pausing at 34%...
But just so you know, this book is a two-parter... the second part costing $5+
(view spoiler)
Samantha Larkin
Warning ⚠️ this is a part one (of I don’t know how many books)

I wish I knew that before I started!

It wasn’t bad but I completely hate not knowing that the book I’m reading ends on a cliffy.

I’ve chosen not to rate it yet (might do if I read part two)
April Symes
Cheat Codes by Emily Goodwin is so sweet, sexy and heart pounding delicious. It’s a book that will leaving you screaming in delight. Quinn has had a crush on her brother's best friend Archer since they were young. Archer has always has a thing for Quinn but has never acted upon his feelings because he never wanted to step over the unspoken best friend lines and because he respected his best friend too much. He’s back in his home town for his best friend’s engagement party where he comes face to ...more
Chelé
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first Emily Goodwin book and it was soooo good!

Quinn is such a fun and interesting heroine! She comes from a big family where's she's the youngest of 5 and she's the only girl. She's a real brainiac and for a living she writes codes for software companies.....I mean, it's more involved then that but to be honest I still kind of don't get it. (It's explained way better in the book lol )

Archer. Ahhhhhh! Swoon and mega heart eyes, he is just the SWEETEST! He's best friends with Dean, one of Qu
Ronnie
DAMN CLIFFHANGER.

The author left me hanging on the last page of the book.
Archer and Quinn.

Get moving and hurry up with the sequel and so I can sharpen this sharp object within my grasp.

Sorry, but I feel inclined and the need is quite overwhelming to stab Robert with it.

Ree
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very well-written romance.

The older brother's best friend/forbidden aspect was well fleshed out, and I once I began reading, it was hard to put down. Quinn & Archer have amazing chemistry, and I liked them together as a couple from the start, even when they were busy pretending not to be attracted to each other.

I wasn't expecting a cliffhanger, but I can honestly say I can't wait to read the conclusion to Archer & Quinn's story in End Game.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this
Sbell
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book got better as I read. I hate
that it ended on a cliffy.....but I will be
reading the next installment.
Aneeqa | ReadMatic Book Blog
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This is my first book by Emily Goodwin, and I can confidently say that I am already hooked. She has a way of writing that is just so easy and enjoyable to read. Coupled that with the intriguing plot she has going on in this book, rest assured I was literally inhaling Archer and Quinn’s story and finished it within a few hours. This is one of those books that has you glued down to your seat and read while forgetting the rest of the world exists.

Archer has had feelings for his best friend’s little
Zafi  Reads
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This book peaked my interest much that i read it till the end.But unfortunately this story did not do it for me. It's not that it doesn't have an interesting storyline and some intriguing characters(which it does btw) but i feel like it lacks more emotions.More feelings between the main characters.I wish it was more than lust and sex.
I can't say more in case it spoils the book for others but this book wasn't for me.I do hope though that other readers give it a chance and like it.
Laura's Book Addiction
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read in one sitting, I adore this couple but that cliff hanger. I need End Game.

First read June 2018
Re Read May 2019
Chrissy
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, read-in-2018
4 1/2 Stars!

Cheat Codes was an unexpected read for me. I saw the blurb, and was like “brothers best friend romance, yes please” but I wasn’t expecting this book to be so unique compared to all of the other books out there. I could not put this book down, and read it in one sitting, and that’s saying a lot lately, since I’ve been having a hard time finding something that really captures my attention!

Quinn has always had a crush on her brother’s best friend

• Just Roommates (Blue Beech, #5)
  • Burn for Me (All I Want, #3)
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Always Mine (Liam & Madelyn, #1; Roommate Duet, #5)
  • Play Me (Brit Boys Sports, #4)
  • More Than Sexy (Sexy #1)
  • The Possibility of Perfect (A Stand By Me Novel, #4)
  • Uncaged Love, Volume 1 (Uncaged Love, #1)
  • This Crazy Love (Swoon #1)
  • Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)
  • Ayden (Wild Men, #4)
  • Tempting Levi (Cade Brothers, #1)
  • Best of Intentions
  • Recoil
  • Blue Sky (Blue Devils, #1)
  • Trouble
  • Always Yours (Liam & Madelyn, #2; Roommate Duet, #6)
  • Baby Mine (Hunter & Lennon, #1; Roommate Duet, #1)
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is

Dawson Family (6 books)
  • End Game (Dawson Family, #2)
  • Side Hustle (Dawson Family, #3)
  • Cheap Trick
  • Fight Dirty
  • Rock Bottom (Dawson Family, #6)