Start by marking “The Cottage on Sunshine Beach” as Want to Read:
The Cottage on Sunshine Beach

The Cottage on Sunshine Beach

(Sandcastle Bay #2)

The stunning new summer story from the bestselling author of Summer at Buttercup Beach. Step into the delightful seaside village of Sandcastle Bay, where you’ll discover golden sand, welcoming smiles and an unforgettable romance…

Melody Rosewood loves her new home in idyllic Sandcastle Bay. The beautiful little cottage on the edge of Sunshine Beach, with its bright yellow
Published June 22nd 2018 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Cottage on Sunshine Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cottage on Sunshine Beach

Start your review of The Cottage on Sunshine Beach
Berit☀️✨
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Bright Sunshiny Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟.5

Bump this up half a star because this book still is making me smile 😀 this book has my favorite word in the title SUNSHINE and to make it even better it also has beach and cottage... how could I possibly go wrong? Additionally it is written by the brilliant Holly Martin! And to top it all off it is set in beautiful and charming Seashell Cove... I am SO visiting there and when I do I am hoping I meet each and every character in this delightful book....

This is the
Melisa
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am so excited to be on the blog blitz for The Cottage on Sunshine Beach today!

We’re back at the idyllic Sandcastle Bay and I couldn’t be happier to be reunited with this cast of characters – Tori, Aidan, Melody, Jamie, Isla, and Leo – it’s like meeting up with old friends. I still want to move there or at least visit the beaches and go to all their fun traditional events including the sandcastle making contest which is highlighted in this book.

This second book in the series takes a closer look
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
4 sunshiny stars to The Cottage on Sunshine Beach!☀️☀️☀️☀️

I was so excited to return to Sandcastle Bay for Melody’s story! Holly Martin has me all-in with this series!

Melody has a new cottage on Sunshine Beach in quaint, picturesque Sandcastle Bay. She lives close to her best friend, Tori, who was introduced during the first installment in the series. Melody’s life is pretty full and happy, but she finds herself missing having someone to share it with.

Enter Jamie. He and Melody work across the
Elle's Book Blog
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Release Date: June 22, 2018
Genre: Chick Lit
Actual Rating: 3.5-4 stars

This book is everything I expect from a Holly Martin novel- cute, fun, romantic, and 100% sweet. I am never disappointed in her novels and don't think I ever will be. If you have read her last release, you will notice that the characters from that book play a role in this one. This is an interconnected series of standalones.

PS: I don't have a lot to say about this one because it follows the same pattern as her other book
Shalini
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a feel good, warm romantic book where there was minimal angst and no major twists.

My second book by Holly Martin, showed me how easy love was, both falling and being. It showed the parts where life was beautiful and loving, sunshine and flowers, spring and blossoms in their lives. This book had Melody and Jamie coming together. Their attraction was palpable in the first book. And this book tipped them both over in love.

Aunt Agatha was as outrageous as ever. The rest of the characters
Melissa Rose
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018

I absolutely love Holly Martin’s novels; they are the perfect stories to sit on a lounger with during these Summer months. The Cottage on Sunshine Beach was no exception.

While I have to admit that I found this story a touch slow at the beginning, the plot picked up at around 25% though and I found myself grinning the rest of the way through the novel; chuckling every now and again. It is possible that I stayed up entirely too late one night just so that I could finish the story and see how it en
Kim
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
I adored the return visit to Sandcastle Bay. The characters now seem like old friends and they are all so wonderful. This book follows Melody and Jamie and willing them to take their lovely friendship to the next romantic level. They are so well suited, arty and a bit burnt by previous relationships.

I could imagine myself in Sandcastle Bay and chatting to Melody in her lovely cottage. Everyone in the bay seems to have a puppy and I loved the scene with the first puppy class.

We see the relationsh
Elaine
This truly is a delightful seaside romantic comedy, with great characters, an idyllic community and plenty of twists and turns to keep you enthralled. There are a plethora of laugh out loud moments throughout this heartwarming story during which jewellery maker Melody Rosewood learns to laugh at her catastrophic dating disasters thanks to the highly talented - and handsome - sculptor, Jamie Jackson. As these two artists venture from great friends to explore the possibilities of being more, the l ...more
Steph Lawrence
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Such a lovely, heartwarming book.
The publisher’s description of ‘An utterly gorgeous feel good romantic comedy’ is spot on….truly gorgeous.
This story has all you want and need in a modern romantic novel, it gets a bit steamy at times too!
The picture-perfect setting, a small English seaside town called Sandcastle Bay.
I imagined I was there, and the beach was fantastic in my head.
Melody and Jamie are really drawn to each other, but are shy with each other. Things have gone wrong with past relatio
Els
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What is not to love about this book? I, for sure, cannot mention one thing. It's like coming home when you read about that little village at the beach again and meeting up with the characters of the first book. It feels like coming together with old friends.
The story shows us that we don't have to change into something we are not to please other people. No matter who or what you are, there is always someone you loves you. The book is full of love and romance but there is room enough for parts t
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Another trip to Sandcastle Bay and a visit with friends I met in The Holiday Cottage by the Sea. Again I listened to this one and enjoyed it just as much as the first one in the series. The narrator, Penny Andrews made me feel like I was right in the middle of the story, watching and listening.

This story has Melody Rosewood as the main female character and Jamie Jackson as the male lead in this charming romance. Melody moved to Sandcastle Bay after the death of her brother to help take care of
Rachel Gilbey
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has some of the best scenes I have ever read in a book - such hilarity and the descriptions used were so clear that I could see them unfolding in front of my very eyes. Keep your eyes peeled for that scene in a cave, that scene in a supermarket aisle, that scene in puppy training class to name just 3 moments of absolute fabulousness.

But really the whole book is packed full of gems, not just hilarious ones, but actual gemstones as Melody is a jewellery maker, so often has a variety of
Jeanie
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unforgettable.

Having read all holly books couldn't wait to read this one and was not disappointed have never had so many laugh out loud moments for a long time with the fabulous melody and charismatic jamie gosh what a wonderful rollercoaster of romance there love for each other was totally perfect I laughed and cried happy tears can't wait for the next instalment of this fabulous story worthy of more than 5 stars FANDABBIEDOZIE.
Marija
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delightful and simply wonderful romance that kept me reading until I finished it in the middle of the night. I couldn't put it down!
The storyline is so well written and the characters are great, they develop thruought the story.
The place where the story is happening is so idyllic that I just wish tobe there during this rainy day.
I adore the writing style and I will read more from Holly Martin
Lisa M
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holly sticks to the same formula for her books but if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I know what to expect when I open one up and that is a funny, light-hearted and romantic story. I'm thoroughly enjoying this series and can't wait to start the next book.
Amanda
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Holly’s for a fair while now. I just love her books. I was so looking forward to reading ‘The Cottage On Sunshine Beach’. I was not to be disappointed as I absolutely loved it but more about that in a bit.
I immediately took to the character of Melody Rosewood and I even ended up more than a bit envious of her. She is a young woman, who moved to Sunshine Beach to help her sister bring up their brother’s child, after their brother died. I get the impression that there are time
Nicola Clough
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy Hollys books and great to read this one and full of romance and being honest in order to fall in love. It's heartwarning and set in such beautiful countryside you think you are there such a perfect summer read. Full of fun and passion as well and well worth reading.
Melody loves her new home in sandcastle bay and her cottage is right on the edge of the sunshine beach. She loves being closer to her family and friend Tori and she loves the lower pace of life. Jamie works opposite Me
Sloane
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first Holly Martin read. The Cottage on Sunshine Beach was an adorable read. Though it is the second in the Sandcastle Bay series, I was able to follow along and do not feel that the first, Holiday Cottage by the Sea, must have been read first. I loved Melody and Jamie individually, and together. The pooches, Sirius and Rocky added to the fun! I will miss this cast of characters and the endearing nature of the small town of Sandcastle Bay. I was immediately grabbed by the cover art, ...more
Agi
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

“The Cottage on Sunshine Beach” is a second book in the Sandcastle Bay series. It can be read as a stand – alone, of course it can, because it’s following the adventures (and there are plenty of them! PLENTY!) of Melody and James but you would just miss out too much on a colourful, hilarious, sexy and quirky story – telling in “The Holiday Cottage by the Sea”. You don’t have to read them in the right order, I think, just read them both. Just saying.

So we return to Sandcastle Bay and are immediat
Nessa
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I chose to read The Cottage on Sunshine Beach, I knew that I'd be in for a treat, as all of Holly's books that I've read so far have been absolutely wonderful and entertaining.

Having read The Holiday Cottage by the Sea, which is where you first get to meet Melody and Jamie as background characters, I was very keen to read their story which is what Holly's latest book is all about.

I loved everything about this story, it was such a joy to read, so heartfelt in places and there were plenty of
Alison Winter
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, as always Holly Martin does not disapoint. This is a beautiful story love story, easy to read, likeable characters and picturesque location.
Emma Crowley
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I simply adored my first visit to Sandcastle Bay when I read The Holiday Cottage by the Sea back in April so I was glad the wait for book two, The Cottage on Sunshine Beach, in this planned trilogy wasn't that long at all. This was such an enjoyable read packed full of the traits of Holly Martin's writing that I have come to love and also to expect. Holly is a fantastic writer and I know I will always be guaranteed a brilliant storyline packed full of romance, with lots of surprises and laughs a ...more
Gaele
Melody moved back to Sandcastle Bay after her twin’s sudden death, helping her sister Isla raise his son Ethan. Having her own jewelry design business in London was vastly different from the small shop she has now, a shop that mixes her flair for design and fun with more traditional offerings and her own welcoming displays. Melody’s got her best friend Tori, her sister Isla, her nephew Ethan and plenty of friends in the Jackson family, as well as a new puppy, one of eleven born to a couple of st ...more
Silke
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Today the second book in the Sandcastle Bay series is out in the world and I can't wait to share how much I enjoyed my reading experience. Followers of my blog might know that I absolutely loved the first part of the series, being The Holiday Cottage by the Sea.  And I can tell you straight away the second book in the series doesn't disappoint.

We return to Sandcastle Bay but this time in the Summer. A couple of months have passed since the last book. In The Cottage on Sunshine Beach we continue
Karen Mace
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Sandcastle Bay series, and I haven't read book 1 - Holiday Cottage by the Sea - so this can be read as a standalone as I fell in love with the location and characters from this book alone so now need to get shopping as I just want more!!

This is the story of Melody - and her puppy Rocky! - who lives in Apple Tree cottage that overlooks Sunshine Beach (I want to live there!!) and life is going rather well for her as she has left the rat race behind in London and is now creati
Maryline M's Bookshelf
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, gloriously romantic and heartwarming: you guessed it, it's another wonderful Holly Martin book! We return to Sandcastle Bay where we left Tori and Aiden starting their happily ever after, to focus on the cute connection Melody and Jamie share.

As always, both are hesitant to put themselves out there and take a risk. Although I must say Melody's past and reservations didn't really "hit" me as hard as Jamie's did and I couldn't always understand her reasoning when she was hesitant towards Jam
Best Crime Books & More
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I realised a few chapters in that I had already read this book but also realised I didn’t care so just read it again! Melody Rosewood lives in Sandcastle Bay, which from the pictures Holly Martin paints in my imagination is absolutely beautiful and idyllic. We got to catch up with Aidan and Tori who featured in Book 1 (although you don’t have to read these in order), as well as seeing Leo and Isla, all characters that appear in the other books.

Jamie Jackson is the lead on the other side of this
Jennifer Ritter
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Cottage on Sunshine Beach is the second book in Holly Martin’s Sandcastle Bay series. Melody Rosewood moved to Sandcastle Bay a bit over a year ago to assist her sister, Isla, as she undertook the major life change to raise their nephew Elliott after Melody’s twin, Matthew, perished in an auto accident.

She had given up a fashionable jewelry business in London, but has since established a brand new jewelry shop in her new home and her business is doing well. Her best friend, Tori, has now mo
Simona
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

We are back in Sandcastle Bay and I couldn't be happier! I was hoping for Melody to get her own story told and here we are...

I loved following both Melody and Jamie, because they had instant attraction and the sparks between them were intense. The past is holding Jamie back though, it's hard for him to commit to a relationship again.

We also got to catch up with some familiar characters again, like Tori and Aiden, which was love
JG
THe Cottage on Sunshine Beach is the second standalone book in Holly Martin’s newest series set in the beach town of Sandcastle Bay. I love Holly Martin when she writes about small town romances usually set in the English coast or countryside. There is always an element that the town and its inhabitants are the third character in the story and this one is no exception. Jamie and Melody have become fast friends but Melody wants to pursue the relationship further however, and she knows this, Jamie ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tied Up with Love
  • A Home On Bramble Hill
  • The Summer Getaway
  • Edie Browne’s Cottage by the Sea
  • Lucy's Great Escape (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 11)
  • Summer at the Castle Cafe (Castle Cove #1)
  • Clover Cottage
  • Finding Hope at Lighthouse Cove (Welcome To Whitsborough Bay Book 3)
  • The Garden on Sparrow Street
  • Coming Home To Seashell Cottage (Welcome To Whitsborough Bay Book 4)
  • New Beginnings at Wynter House (Wyntersleap #2)
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Two: Sparks Fly
  • Love Heart Lane (Love Heart Lane, #1)
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • Foxglove Farm (Love Heart Lane, #2)
  • Second Chances (The Cornish Village School #2)
  • A Cosy Christmas in Cornwall
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Summer: Part One – All You Knead is Love
Holly lives in a little white cottage by the sea. She studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of her colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years’ service was the moment when she knew she had to escape. She quit her job and returned to university ...more

Sandcastle Bay (3 books)