Start by marking “Through A Dragon's Eyes (Chronicles of the Four #1)” as Want to Read:
Through A Dragon's Eyes (Chronicles of the Four #1)

Through A Dragon's Eyes

(Chronicles of the Four #1)

A magic long forgotten. Four races divided. An epic journey.

She lost her brother, now will she lose her life?

Ever since the Treaty was signed after the Great War, one hundred and fifty years earlier, the separate races of Xantearos have been divided. Only every six months do a select group come together for the Passover—a time to trade much needed p

Published April 24th 2018 by Warwick House Press

To ask other readers questions about Through A Dragon's Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through A Dragon's Eyes

Start your review of Through A Dragon's Eyes (Chronicles of the Four #1)
Jessica Robbins
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle

So I am not going to lie this book took a little while to really get going for me as everything had to be set up and the different viewpoints are pertinent. it was driving me little wonky though and then bam all sorts of insanity happened making the book really take off. I was hooked as each new page seemed to offer something new in this strange fantasy world that I would love to go visit. As if that is
Thais • tata.lifepages •
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I finished this book in one sitting!

The world of the story and all the different cultures, are presented in a clear and structured way, its easy to grasp and understand the cultural backgrounds as well as setting of the story.

The story is very well plotted, i was turning page after page unable to put the book down because I was so curious of what would happen once they entered the Pass, once all different races met, and finally after they did It was one curve ball after the other, new challenges
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok first the wait for book 2 better not be a long one because omg I need more right now!!! I think this may just be my new favorite RH Fantasy! I loved Dela and her boys and the world building and the story!!!Also just a warning for those who like steam this is a slow burn but omg when the steam happens it’s gonna be so worth the wait!!!!
Crystal
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really like the start of this series. Fast paced and interesting. The heroine is peculiar. She goes with the flow easily but is not laid back. Odd dichotomy. I look forward to reading the next book.
Phthon
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, that was beautifully written! I don’t even know what to say, except that I loved every word! I hope there is more to come.
Seraphia
The time of the Choosing in Anthoinia has come once again. Every six months a group of 20 is randomly chosen to make a journey to trade for supplies from the other races of Xantearos. Each of the other races - Elvish, Moerians, and Norcs bring something only their people can provide in exchange for foods from the humans. Dela and her best friend are among the ones chosen for this journey from the humans. The journey is long, hard, and dangerous. The other races always send strong warriors and th ...more
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

Although the first half of the book is quite slow, this is for good reason. With four main characters and each chapter one of their perspectives, and alternating between, we meed to get to know them.

Marissa has also created a variety of communities within this world she has built, with a background gradually explained as to each.

That being said, i didn’t find myself confused as to what was happening, rather Marissa has managed to create a complex history with eas
Dawn Higgins
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!Absolutley loved this fantasy story even though i was sceptical of this genre......Marissa Fararr does a brilliant job of getting you hooked into this fantasic book.

Its the time of the choosing in Anthoinia which happens every six months to trade.Dela is amongst the 20 people chosen to make this journey to trade with the other races on this Island,the Norcs,Moerians and Elvish.This is a very dangerous journey and not everyone surives as the other races send in there strongest leaders to mak
Ada
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was excited to start this, fantasy with RH.. who doesn't want that? It's good with fantasy but the RH aspect is the most slowest/cleanest I have read till date so definitely not the book if you don't have the patience for that.

This book handles the world building quite well. There are different POVs from our main characters just adjusting the readers to the way things work. By the time Dela meets all of the guys we have a good grasp at every important character and their world. The book is ba
Book Monitor
At first I thought this was derivative and a bit cliched, a sort of Hunger Games meets Lord of the Rings,,, but it soon changes track and becomes an exciting and gripping original and very good tale of adventure and bonding. If you like fantasy elements, with otherfolk and magical elements then you can't go wrong with this- its a fast paced easy read with good story telling, unexpected twists and turns and very good characterisation. As the relationships develop the dynamics are becoming more in ...more
Shawn
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Selected as part of a band of people the humans are sending out in the biannual trade with other races, Dela finds herself with the leaders of those three other races. The races aren't exactly famous for getting along. There used to be a war, now there's a treaty and this exchange of goods is the only two times of the year where they mingle.

It's a bit slow moving at first, Dela doesn't even meet the other three until about half way through the book. The story alternates between their viewpoints
Raina Collins
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wondrous beginning to a whole new world where humans aren’t the only beings. Magic does exist and maybe even dragons. The book goes into detail about the four races and how the view each other. To keep peace they are separated by where they live in the world. But two times a year they come together to trade. As I read the book I realize how the humans view what is important. The other races put food and the health of their races first. But the human rulers would trade their food for gold and d ...more
Ash
Tolkin with a Rh twist!

Fantasy. Rh. 3 leaders. Strong, fearless heroine. Tolkin with a Rh twist! There's even a ring. Dela is selected for a the semi-annual trade mission for their village along with 19 others. They trade food to the other races for riches. The trip is treaturous and has already claimed Dela's brother as well as many others. Well written, with clear though and character contruct. The world is interesting, full of life and mystery. This is a slowburn Rh. I kiss scene. <3 I like w
Marie Fraser
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this book was excellent. It was well written and the characters and story were well developed. I loved the main characters, their personalities and their interactions. The story was great. It was descriptive with plenty of adventure, suspense, action, emotion, intrigue and a small amount of romance. I’d highly recommend this book and look forward to the next book in the series!!

Excellent book! I
Destiny Bridwell
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this for a fair and honest review. There was a lot to love about this book. I have read my fair share of romances and this is a reverse harem book. I really liked that it was not insta-love. It did go a little slow but it is only the first book in the series. It was exciting to watch them adventure to the event to trade for supplies that happens every six month. I love that Dela is a strong character and has a mind of her own. The three guys were pretty sweet as well. Each w ...more
Sandy
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this story was really good. It started slow for me and eventually picked up. Dela, a human, is one of the twenty chosen to make the trek across the dangerous Southern Pass to trade grain to three different tribes. The Norcs, the Moerians, and the Elvish. She meets the leaders of each group, Warsgra the Norcs, Orergron the Moerian, and Vehel an Elvish Prince. This is a really good start to a really good story. It grabs hold and gets you wrapped up to see what happens. I can't wait to read th ...more
Fiona
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2018
Interesting new series.

We follow Dela's story after she is one of the chosen to trade with the other races. Things do not go as planned and she finds herself stranded in the North with the leader of the Norcs, the leader of the Moerians and an Elvish prince. Magic was used therefore the treaty has been broken which means a war will ensue.

This was a little slow in places but definitely makes up for it in content. The writing is brilliant and the characters draw you in from first meeting them.

Defi
Aleera Ceres
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first thing about this book that pulled me in was the map in the beginning. What can I say? I love maps. At first it reminded me a bbit of the hunger games & then reminded me of Game of Thrones.
I'm going to be completely honest...
I LOVED EVERY BIT OF THIS BOOK.
It was filled with action and magical creatures and a female main character who kicks total ass. I love the men, I love how different everyone is from each other and I wish I had book two already.
Hannah
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this. Not only do we get the MC's POV, but we also get the POVs of her three guys (though it is a slow burn so they aren't exactly hers yet). I really liked the characters and how even though they didn't really know each other they still cared about each others well being and worked together. By the end they had built a camaraderie and I can't wait to see their relationships develop further. Having dragons that don't shift is also kind of refreshing.
Cali Jewel
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautifully written, emotionally thrilling, action packed and sexy romantic adventure filled with danger, secrets, misdirection and betrayal.... enjoyed every heart pounding twist.

Dela Stonebridge already lost her brother to the choosing and now it is her turn, only things are not always what they seem and she and her travel companions find out a very deep dark secret... Highly entertaining, engaging, and exciting journey. I am looking forward to more Chronicles of the Four.
Melanie
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg omg oh my beeping god.. this book was so awesome..... now whens the next one out lol.... love it... this author is amazing... didnt even put it down once I started reading it. An adventure between different races. Will they be able to stop a war will they make it home... will they even survive.... totally recommened to all.

Britan
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book

This was like a traditional fantasy with names that are practically impossible to pronounce. But other then the names the story was good. It had action and kept me entertained throughout without a slump. One thing that bothered me was how the guys acted when they realized they like dela. But I am excited to read the next book and find out what is going to happen with the war.
D. Messing
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great story! In my opinion fantasy is Marissa's best work, and this story absolutely proves it! It is intriguing, atmospheric, and VERY well written. This gem has a solid plot, great storyline, and memorable characters that leave you thinking about them long after the story ends. Very well done and can't wait for the next, thank you for the opportunity to review this jewel!
Jocelyn LeDonne
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to read this book originally because the cover is awesome, the second thing that drew me in was the map in the beginning of the book. The storyline is great and I can't wait for the next book to see what happens with Dela and her guys, I really like the slow build of the relationships so far. I'm excited for the next book!
D. Messing
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linda
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this latest offering from Marissa Farrar. Plenty of action; loved the quest, complete with fantasy characters, entities and creatures. Cannot wait for the next book to find out more about the dragon, is he/she the only one, and what lies ahead for the fantasy foursome. Love a new series!
Melanie
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new, engaging RH fantasy story

A fragile peace treaty, four unlikely allies, a dangerous quest, and an unexpected destiny await readers who delve into the fantasy world in Through a Dragon's Eyes. I enjoyed the story and look forward to the next. This is RH so there's no choosing between the love interests, but the romance develops slowly as survival takes precedence.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
If you love fantasy and paranormal romance you will love this story. The characters are outstanding the story is entertaining and will keep you captivated. There is definitely something to be said about a woman who owns her presence and can hold her own up against three alpha men!
K.E. Harwood
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new series in a new world. A touch awkward, but isn't always awkward with new people? The heroine has a deep heart and curiosity. Which allows for an open mind. She seems like the key to the peace of the different cultures and end of war. Yet she's on the other side of the world. What will happen?
Nancy
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Marissa I have read and she has a great ability to write a perfect fantasy book. We have a really strong fearless heroine. This is a very intriguing and atmospheric well written book. Great plot, storyline with very memorable characters. Please send more as soon as possible

« previous 1 3 next »

• Bane of Dragons (Sera's Curse #1)
  • Reflections of You (Brighten Magic Academy #1)
  • Oath Forger 1 (Oath Forger, #1)
  • Magical Intentions (Biomystic Security Book 1)
  • The Valkyrie's Princes (Jeweled Wings, #1)
  • Wolf Tamer (Claiming My Pack #1)
  • Persuade (Blood Persuasion #1)
  • Stealing Tranquility (Dragon Descendants, #1)
  • Written (The Librarian's Coven #1)
  • A Dance With Darkness (Otherworld Academy, #1)
  • Emerge (Hosting Gods, #1)
  • A Demon's Gifts (Vice College For Young Demons, #2)
  • Unleashed (Dark Moon Shifters, #1)
  • Celestia (Unicorn Blessed Chronicles #2)
  • Claimed by Gods (Their Dark Valkyrie #1)
  • Magical Temptations (Biomystic Security #2)
  • Crash (Aces and Knaves, #1)
  • Bound Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #1)
Marissa Farrar is a multi-published romance and fantasy author. She was born in Devon, England, loves to travel and has lived in both Australia and Spain. She now resides in the countryside with her husband, three children, a crazy Spanish dog, two rescue cats and six hens. She has a degree in Zoology, but her true love has always been writing.

Marissa is the author of sixteen novels, including th

Chronicles of the Four (3 books)
  • With a Dragon's Heart (Chronicles of the Four #2)
  • Into a Dragon's Soul (Chronicles of the Four #3)

News & Interviews