Start by marking “The Cursed Girl” as Want to Read:
The Cursed Girl

The Cursed Girl

Sixteen-year-old Eva is a witch who lived in Spain, in the year 1230. She met a boy named Jonathan who would become her whole world. Everything was normal until she was faced with challenges that will change her life forever.

As a healer, her job is to help people, but there are forces that will try to prevent that. There is a war coming and Eva and her friends must do eve
Published April 1st 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published March 31st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Cursed Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cursed Girl

TeaAndBooks
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Aaah this book!
3.5 stars ⭐

Writing: 3/5
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5

I received a free review copy from the author in exchange for an honest review- thank you to the lovely author for this! :)

So I was drawn into the book from the start- the world was beautifully written and described and I truly loved the way the author was able to create a world where it seemed real and I often had to remind myself that I was still reading the book and not actually in the world.

This book revolves around Eva, a 1
My one thousand lives
The cursed girl by Maria Vermisoglou is a adventure/fantasy book with a witch and a prince teaming up to fight evil and try to save the world, deffinetly worth the read.I enjoyed this book it was funny and entertaining. There were some great adventures the group went on and some interesting challenges they had to face. I liked the bond between the three main charecters, the friendship, trust and reliance that was between them was nice to see. I also like the main charecter Eva she was determined ...more
Alicia Freeman
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eva has been faced with figuring how she will handle change, love and how to save herself and her friends. The Cursed Girl has it all and definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what can possibly happen next. I know I'm needing more already. Maria Vermisoglou did this perfectly.
Alja Katuin
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Cursed Girl is awesome. She’s a quirky, loving and special girl and in this book we follow her on her adventures.
The characters in this book made my heart melt, the puppy love, the loyalty.. the cute and somewhat annoying ways..
world building and ways of transportation were on point, there’s no other way to say it.

I have absolutely no idea how I’d make a review that does justice for this book, it’s awesomeness definitely doesn’t shine through in my review
Marie -The Reading Otter
Review:

I received this book from the author for review.

I feel conflicted, on one hand, I was asked very kindly to review this book, but on the other, I didn't really like it.
The book has promise but needs refinement. The formatting issues aside, which is nothing wrong with the book, the file just didn't transfer well and put odd spaces between paragraphs and sentences. The characters and some of the dialog didn't really match up to 13th-century Spain.

The pacing was really slow for much of th
Michelle Shemon
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The cursed girl
Volume 1
Maria Vermisoglou

This was a wonderful story. Eva was a great heroine. She is a teenage witch who fights for good yet still makes a few mistakes. I loved her in this story. There was a great adventure that she partook in that she must survive.
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Cursed Girl by Maria Vermisoglou is a wonderful story to read. This is a wonderful story writen by a brand new author I never read before this story. I loved reading this story can not wait to see what the author will write next and I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about witches.

Yare Espinoza
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-book-club
This book was given to me as a free copy to read and review from a Goodreads Book Club. My review is my honest opinion about the book.

I was really looking forward to reading this book, but to be honest I was a little bit disappointed with it. Like stated above I was given a free copy of the book to review that was sent to my kindle. I am not sure if something went wrong when I downloaded the book, but there was a lot of formatting issues. For example there was weird spacing in paragraphs and dia
Mala Mukherjee
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Cursed Girl is a fantastic story, set in a well-crafted magical reality. It is a love story of a man (a prince) and a witch (appeared to be a peasant girl). Protagonist Eva lives in spain, unaware of her special power discovered her true love in the human world and almost at the sametime discovered that a strong negative force is trying to engulf the entire realm. Only the true heir of White Land (Witches' land) can save the world from NOTHING (the dark force). It is Eva's journey to find ou ...more
Ruth B
Eva is a teenager witch who lives in Spain during the 13th century. Hiding her true identity she poses as a healer and makes friends with the future king and his cousin. War will arise and she will have to protect those she loves with all her will. People plotting to kill her friends, underground trips and a lot of fighting will be part of the story. Demons will try to harm her and she will have to prove time and time again how strong she is.

I like the main plot, I think it's quite solid and the
Sarath Kanuparthi
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good reading and the name itself makes the novel a top academic story.
Reena
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're a fan of epic fantasy, you'll love "The Cursed Girl". A bit on the long side, but that wasn't a problem for me. Wonderfully written, with well fleshed-out characters, amazing descriptions and great world-building. I'll definitely read more of this author!

Skye Andrews
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
An intreging fairytale about a witch named Eva and her travels, love, fights and wins.
Breane Ross
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received an arc from netgalley. This is a great paranormal book about a heroine who learns a ton about herself and her abilities. Definitely recommend it!!
Amanda Williams
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quite an interesting take on a fantasy/adventure. This story is mixed with fantasy and a bit of realism thrown in. I enjoyed reading this and it was quite funny in places. I loved the world building in particular. A very strong heroine and an inspiration for people reading this book.
J.D. DeHart
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Cursed Girl packs in much to enjoy for readers of this genre, young adult and older readers alike. The story is as stirring and magical as its polished cover promises.
Karen Eisenbrey
This is fairy tale fantasy that turns fairy tale clichés on their heads. The female protagonist is no damsel in distress, but a witch in disguise who is happy to rescue her prince but not that interested in romance or marriage. Although set in 13th century Europe, the first-person conversational narration gives it the feel of a contemporary teen rom com with a healthy dose of girl-power wish fulfillment.

Eva is a young witch from the White Land, where witches are tasked with battling demons that
Kathryn
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read with a unique setting and characters. I really enjoyed reading this as I loved the idea of supernatural creatures and everyone backstabbing themselves.

Jenni Strand
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really loved this book! The characters were well developed and it was a fun read. The problem was it was a bit slow at times and there were lots of descriptions that I thought could be cut down and speed up the story overall. But great book, would still recommend!

Nusrat Shabnam
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading the book today and it left me speechless...about this book I don't know what to say! Should I say incredibly amazing or amazingly incredible? For answering my question you need to read the book... A witch tale or should I say I just felt my imaginations... Reading this book was like believing in our childhood imaginations relating to witches and fairies... by the way,the book taught me that witches can also be categorized into good and bad! So my suggestion is Don't read ...more
Shweta Agarwal
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Its an enchanting read. Maria in her debut novel has persevered and succeeded in presenting a magical treat. Looking forward to reading more stories from her.
Debra Sykes
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow I absolutely loved this book.

Eva is a witch who lives in the human world. She falls in love with a Prince who eventually becomes a king but she is a peasant.
She has to save the the king and his friend when war broke out. She saves there life's numerous times and go into hiding as Jonathan's
Uncle is wanting all the power.

Jonathan's the Prince who becomes king after the death of his , but because he is to young to become king his uncle is to take over till
He is old enough. When he is old enou
Donamarie Goldsmith
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A long story with many ups and downs. The author does a great job of visually describing people, places, and events. I fell in love with Eva, Jonathan, and Alec is their many travels and tribulations. I loved the whit and Wimsey in the first part of the book and cried lots at the end. This was a different type of book than I normally read and it had some unique twists to the magic that made this interesting.
LaNona
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Review will be on my blog this week
Jiten Upadhyay
[Detailed book review is available at: http://thinkerviews.com/books/english... ]

Though, there is a lot of stuff written about magic before and after it, the Harry Potter book series has played an important role in making it popular, and there are no two thoughts on the same.

Maria Vermisoglou is a young and aspiring author from Greece who came up with a book on witches where the story is setup in Spain and time is of around World Wars. Contrary to the popular myths about witches, where they are
Valicity Garris
This is a story about a teenage witch that gets many things right and just a few things wrong. First, I really enjoyed the plot; it was a bit cliché with the gutsy main character falling for the prince and teaming up to take on evil, BUT it was entertaining and kept me reading for over 100k words!

All that said, I found Eva to be a great protagonist and I really admired her fire, drive, and personality. The romance was not so heavy, though I don’t think I would have minded if it had been! Fantas
Claire Davis
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I have given The Cursed Girl by Maria Vermisoglou three out of five stars ⭐⭐⭐The Cursed Girl is about a sixteen year old witch called Eva, who befriends a prince, called Jonathan, and his cousin called Alec. There is a war coming and they must do everything they can to stop it from destroying their country.Eva was a very strong character which I admired especially as she never gave up, with anything! She preservers throughout the entire book ...more
TDCbookreviews
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Eva is a 17 year old witch living in Spain in the 13th century. She has decided to live in the human world rather than the witches' White Land, as she enjoys helping and healing humans. After rejecting every marriage proposal she was given, she decides to open a healing shop and continue to live with her mother and best friend/fellow witch Ritta. At the market one day Eva catches the eye of Jonathan, the young prince of Spain. He is intrigued by her and they begin a quasi friendship though she i ...more
Samantha Bradshaw
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy of this book (Kindle) for an honest review, which follows.**

Cursed Girl is an amazing historical fantasy about a witch changing the fate of humankind as we know it. Creative, fun, and humorous, filled with a sassy protagonist and danger, Cursed Girl will fill your fantasy needs.

Eva is a healer and a witch. Running a medicine shop long before women had freedom and during the time that witches were hanged or burned at the stake, she keeps her herita
MrPinkInk Jacques de Villiers
This is a story about going on an adventure only to find home; a story about witches and princes, about saving and losing, about love and loss.

Eva finds herself inundated by suitors at her home in Spain because sixteen is the age for marriage; but Eva is a witch and will outlive humans by many generations and so she chases them all away - she won't even marry a witch; simply because she wants to live her life.

Jonathan, the current prince of Spain, suddenly finds himself in the middle of court in
YA Addicted Book ...: This topic has been closed to new comments. October~ The Cursed Girl 10 33 Oct 10, 2018 10:22AM
YA Addicted Book ...: Meet our Author~ Maria Vermisoglou 1 9 Sep 25, 2018 07:29AM
YA Addicted Book ...: October Discussion~ The Cursed Girl 1 10 Sep 25, 2018 07:28AM
Librarian. Reader. Writer. Reviewer.

Maria Vermisoglou is a fantasy and fairytale author who loves throwing her heroes into impossible situations, drawing inspiration from travels and…the ceiling.
Her first book, The Cursed Girl was published in 2018 and surpassed her expectations with a second place award in the TCK Awards.
When she’s not writing, she loves enjoying a ride on the fantasy dragon, bu
“Then he did something that I never expected; he kissed me. It was like the running water: soft and like a thunder.” 4 likes