Start by marking “A Promise Kept” as Want to Read:
A Promise Kept

A Promise Kept

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
I broke my promise the minute I saw her.

Not in the way you probably think, though. It wasn’t a promise to take care of her because it was love at first sight. It was a promise to let her know, to let her know just what happened …

Yes, she was beautiful, perfect really, but what I saw made her ugly. So, I broke my promise because she didn’t deserve to know.

And then I took he

To ask other readers questions about A Promise Kept, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Promise Kept

Tianna✸loves books✸
2.5 stars to this Beauty and Beast story.

He: I will make you suffer.
You will do what I say.
I will.....
I blah
Blah
Blah.

He was saying these things to her and it felt like he was convincing himself than her. He felt rather dull. He was all talk no show. I will do this and that and blah blah. But he doesn’t even touch her without her permission.

She: He kidnapped me.
Oh god.
But wait...
He hasn’t physically harmed me or raped m
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: had-me-in-tears
Wow. I know I'm not going to do this book the justice it deserves. This story is so good I know I won't have the words to give it the review it deserves.

Tyson believes he's a monster. He truly believes he doesn't deserve happiness or love and this has him holding onto his past.

Lila doesn't think she has been a good person but she's trying her best now.

Tyson wants Lila to feel loneliness and be as unhappy as he is. Can she break down his barriers?

This is one fast paced read. I honestly couldn
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 4 I Promise Stars ~

I have to be honest and say I was expecting this read to be on the darker side after reading the blurb, but it wasn’t as dark as I would’ve like.

DC Renee touches on some dark elements of the storyline, but never really gets that dark or overly graphic in this story.

I found the storyline interesting and it held my attention throughout the whole book. I also enjoyed the characters she introduced us
Ana Paula
Aug 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018, rated-low
D.C. Renee
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I went back to my roots with this one. Hope it worked and you all love it!
Lynn Reynolds
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Lila Meddings is confused and so am I – great way to get me hooked. Tyson Welsh is a very confusing man – another great way to get me hooked. Once I got started I wasn’t able to stop. I was going to get this finished in one day no matter what it took. With all the ups and downs, twists and turns, I just had to be careful not to get carsick.

This story seems to be a modern day mash-up of two older stories. I’m not going to give that away because it will be easy for you to discover on your own. I l
Teri
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man the emotions this book pulled out of me was such a wide range I felt like I had whiplash. He was a monster in looks and actions but truly beneath it all he was a man in pain hiding behind his scars. Death and loss had changed him and he allowed his emotions to take him to a dark place, making ugly decisions. But this author shows us all things done in anger, or in his case when dealing with grief, acting out in revenge doesn’t always turn out bad. She hadn’t known the kindness he showed or t ...more
Three Chicks
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

A Promise Kept is dark...really dark. Tyson blames Lila for things that she may or may not be guilty of but he is so caught up in his hatred that he can only focus on making her pay.

Lila has not always acted the way she should have and has not always treated others with respect. But she has tried not to get involved in the actual acts of hurting others. Now whether standing by and letting things happen is as great as doing the actual act...well I will let you be the judge of
Cat G.
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Read

DC always knows how to draw a reader in and doesn't disappoint with her newest release. Her characters are always so well written and having both POVs lets you really into their minds to feel all the emotions.

Tyson is a broken man from so much tradegy and anger that you hurt for him. Lila hasn't always felt like she's been the best person and strives to be better and wants to see the good in life and I loved how she tries to stay true to herself. But for both, past issues that bri
Stephanie Caldwell
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Lord, help me. I was a married woman. An unhappily married woman."

This book intrigued me from the very beginning. It reminded me a lot of the authors earlier books. A mixture of Three Loving Words, A Brutal Betrayal, and a bit of Scars of My past. DC is known for her books having a twist in them and I found myself constantly guessing what kind of twist this book was going to have. I kept being wrong and I loving that I couldn't figure it out so easily. I needed to keep reading. I needed ANSWERS
Sharee
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I broke my promise the minute I saw her. It was a promise to let her know, to let her know just what happened."

After reading the preface of this book, I was so freaking confused. I immediately thought wth this is dumb. Nope. Not in the slightest. I decided to read it just to know what this huge promise was. I was surprised. This was really good. I'm a sucker for Beauty and The Beast retellings. Even though, he kidnapped Lila, he was not even close to being beastly. He was a kindhearted and loya
Fan29
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5+ stars. Where do I even begin? I absolutely loved Lila and how she handled herself with Ty as she would call him. I had a love/hate relationship with him. There were times where I hated him and times when I loved him. And knowing DC, I was waiting for the twist and I thought I saw it coming but boy did it blindside me. I really loved this book. Once I started, I couldn’t put it down and finished it all in one day. Definitely a must read!!
T.J. West
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another entertaining story by DC. She's one of my favorite authors that no matter what genre she writes, I'll be reading it. She has a way with sucking you in within each page that you can't wait to see what the ending will become. Every turn is a mystery.
A Promise Kept was intriguing, and a mystery in itself.
Darlene Avery
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Promise Kept by DC Renee is one of those books that takes you by surprise. Renee has you intrigued from the very beginning and holds you captive throughout the book. You keep wondering which turn is she going to take next.

A definite page tuner!

4.25 Stars
Shannon Godwin
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was beyond great! A real page turner! I did get a little ill bc I wanted to know why things happened sooner they they played out but this book had me sucked in from the beginning & I could not put it down!
This was my first book I’ve read by this Author but it will not be my last!
Rosa
Not as good as I thought it would be, but that is just me.
Leanne
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not as dark as I'd hoped for but still a gripping read!

Full review to follow
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a monster.
I am out for revenge.
A marriage based on ????

When Tyson reaches a depth of despair he takes action. He thinks he is a monster and does not deserve happiness. He vows to rob Lila of her happiness also. Making her live a life of despair along with him.

This is a rollercoaster of a ride. There is ups and downs and twists and turns you don't see coming. I thought I had some questions answered to find out I was completely wrong. Every emotion will come out at some time during this sto
Cassy Witthar
Ivette Pacheco
Aug 16, 2018
Aishah
Oct 11, 2018
I have been writing for as long as I could remember. It started as poems as birthday and anniversary presents (they were super cheesy and all rhymed), moved onto monologues and short stories, then transitioned into fan fictions (yep, there are a few of mine floating around somewhere), and then I found the courage to publish a book. And I loved it! And so I didn't stop.

I also love to read - I think