Start by marking “Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride” as Want to Read:
Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride

Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride

Being a fugitive in the old west shouldn’t be this much fun.

The year is 1860. Robby Riverton is a rising star on the New York stage. But he witnesses a murder by a famous crime boss and is forced to go on the run--all the way to Santa Fe. When he still hasn't ditched his pursuers, he disguises himself as a mail order bride he meets on the wagon train. Caught between gangst
ebook
Published April 26th 2018 by Pinkerton Road (first published April 24th 2018)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
With a title like Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride, this book had to be good.

And it was. It really, really was.

Charming, funny, sexy, sweet. Plus, feelz, y'all. Serious FEELZ.

"This isn't the same as the gal's clothes or table manners or fake archways in fake castle walls. This is a serious matter. A man's life. My life."

After witnessing a murder, Robby Riverton, just making a name for himself on the New York stage, has to hightail it out west before he's a dead man. On the coach, he meets
Judith
4.5

Well,the title was enough to get me interested...a man in women's clothes...but underneath those petticoats,Robby was All Man...

I'm quite giddy after finishing this little gem.....I'm practically swooning at how much I adored Robby.I've always been a fan of Eli Easton and she's outdone herself here.This was a joy to read from start to finish,funny,sexy,a bit of intrigue and full of delicious sassiness in the form of Robby.

Robby Riverton is loving his life on the New York stage,he's worked har
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride is by Eli Easton, which means my immediate reaction was GET IN MY KINDLE!! I'm an Eli Easton super-fan, so any book she writes, I'm getting. And Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride didn't let me down.

I'm a historical romance lover, but American historical romance, especially Westerns, are probably my least read genre in historicals. I was a bit nervous about it, honestly, since a big howdy, partner does NOT turn my crank. But the book was much more clever than I was
Shin Mon Thway
OMG! I absolutely loved reading the tale of Robby Riverton. 😍 A male mail order bride story set up in the wild west of America in the late 19th Century? Sign me up now! 🙌 I haven’t read many of Eli Easton’s work but I’m totally in love. It was fun, funny, thrilling and exciting! Absolutely delicious! 😉

Robby Riverton worked back and bone for 9 years to reach where he is now. 4 years of slaving away at the backstage, taking care of spoilt and privileged actors and finally he got a breakthrough i
☆ Todd
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it

I'm not exactly sure what to say here. You know how we all tend to have certain genres that are our absolute favorites, while other themes are a bit more 'meh' on our awesome-o-meters?

Well, Old West stories (and historicals in general) fall a bit more in the latter column for me, but this was Eli Easton, so I had to give it a read.

While Easton's writing was impeccable, as always, and the story was interesting, I'd have much rather been reading a book from her "Howl at the Moon" shifter series,
Christelle
Get on your horse and enjoy the ride of this “Wild, Wild West” romance between Robby and Trace.

First, it’s clever.
Every piece fits together to build the adventure of Robby Riverton, famous actor in New York, with his life crumbling after witnessing a murder, flying to the Wild West and having the idea (good or bad ?!?) to use his acting skills and hide under the identity of Rowena, a “mail-ordered” bride.

Second, it’s hilarious.
Robby is caught into his trick and one thing leading to another, “Ro
Martin
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This story is truly outstanding!
It may not be my favorite m/m *romance* story, because its strongest suit is the comedy factor, but it is definitely a reading experience to behold.

And gosh, it reminded me so much of one of my favorite movies:
"To Wong Foo - Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar"

description

Just, you know, set in the Wild West of 1860-something and with real cowboys!

Robby Riverton is a rising star in the New York theater community, hoping to finally make it big on the stage! And he's almost
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 hearts

I’m going to try to keep this short because there is multitude of reviews already out there singing this book’s praises!

Per the blurb, Robbie, in a desperate move for self preservation after witnessing a murder, takes on the guise of his traveling companion and impersonates her to be the intended bride of a rancher. When said rancher's brother is the sheriff and quickly works out what’s what, their shared little secret is how Robbie and Trace bond while trying to find the right way to ha
Eli Easton
Apr 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Just added this! You can read more about it here:
Nick Pageant
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a complete delight. I have not been reading nearly as much m/m as I used to read for some reason. I’m glad I came across an Eli Easton book to pull me right back in. This has everything we love about this author - it’s a little funny, a little sexy, but mostly just completely charming and fun to read.
BWT (Belen)
Robby Riverton is finally doing well on the New York City stage. Having paid his dues he's ready for his career to only get better. Unfortunately after he witnesses a high-profile murder by a famous, and infamous for killing off witnesses, crime boss Robby has no choice but to go on the run. When he's pursued across the country it's a twist of fate that allows him to disguise himself as the mail order bride of a New Mexico Territories rancher.

He only means to don the disguise for a day or two at
Lost in a Book
4.25 Stars

Wow!! This book took me by surprise. I mean, it’s Easton so I knew I would enjoy it, but that cheeky cover (which I love) and blurb had me expecting something completely different than the depth that's provided in Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride. This story is packed with feels, has extremely endearing characters, with loads of sweetness, sassiness, love, and humor. While much of the plot is known, I’m not going in-depth because there are things that deserve self-discovery as you read
Susan
Can I first express how much I love this cover? It really captures the atmosphere of the book.

I loved the fact that this played out in the wild west and while I’m normally not a fan of historicals, I'll gladly make an exception for the rugged wild wild west!

Robby is well on his way to become a famous actor. That is until he sees a known criminal murder a man in cold blood one night. Now Robby curses the posters of him all over town with the play he features in. It’s impossible the men didn’t rec
Lorraine Lesar
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robbyfabulous and Traceadocious.

Oh Robbie, you’re so fine
You’re so fine you blow my mind, hey Robbie
Hey Robbie
Everytime we meet my heart skips a beat, hey Robbie
Mose The Terror can’t have you cos you’re mine, hey Robbie
Pa, Clovis and the others kinda like ya, hey Robbie
Hey Robbie
But you’re mine...so mine, hey Robbie
Hey Robbie you’re mine

Robbie: It was a case of head West or give up breathing, so Robbie went West as Rowena!

Trace: He knew Rowena was hiding something under her
Deborah
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 to 4*

After seeing the fabulous cover and reading all the amazing reviews I just had to read this book.
So I picked it up weeks ago and started reading.
But, it wasn’t working for me I just couldn’t get into it at all. I put it down and tried again a few days later and again a few days after that.
I decided to give it one last chance but a fair chance. And I found myself really enjoying it but it wasn’t the book I expected and maybe that’s where I’d been going wrong.
I didn’t find it particular
Chris
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, lgbtq
This was a really fun read. I adored Robby and his dramatic flare especially the way the behaved with the Crabtree’s. Trace was hooked from the first moment and their relationship slowly progressed from heated glances to eventual rescuing ! Robby had a beautiful impact on the family and I think everyone fell in love- glad Rowena was able to become Robby !
Cadiva
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book is beyond brilliant! Seriously, I just read it in like an hour because I couldn't put it down and just needed to find out what was going to happen to Robby and Trace.

It's Eli Easton at her best imho, hilariously funny at times, tinted with a touch of pathos, rip-roaring adventure and a good old fashioned romance which bursts off the pages and fulfils all those needs for a couple of captivating MCs and a well developed setting.

It's no secret I'm a massive fan of historical romance and t
Jewel
4.5 Stars

What a clever and amusing story! I don't often read historicals, but I could not pass up Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride. One look at the blurb and I knew I had to give it a shot. Eli Easton has done well with this one!

I loved Robby. He was adventurous, clever, and quite inventive! As an actor, he knew a bit about makeup and disguise, and being slightly built, disguising himself as a woman worked. He could charm anyone and he really needed to put that skill to use when he found himself
Richard Derus
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindled, quiltbag
One entire star off for four uses of the dreadful, icky, overused-in-MM-romances w-verb. It's lazy and it's bad writing.

The story itself sparkles and fizzes with excitement. The murder Robby witnesses in New York City is chilling and makes his terror and his addlepated decision to run away make perfect sense. I'd be terrified and addled as well! Robby's wagon train trip west isn't very detailed but it's got the sense of urgency that a more thorough explanation wouldn't serve. And the real Rowena
Ariana
*4,5 stars*

What a fun ride! (and sexy, too!) This book is a total winner in the light and fluffy category! And the plot provides a real good amount of tension!

Loved this one for ...

.) Robby: what a fabulous superstar - not only on stage, but this guy has a heart of gold and the courage of a lion! Facing off with Pa Pa is one of the best things ever - I chuckled along all the way! Rowena just rocks!

.) Trace: he sounds ... hmm hot, very hot. And very resigned that he will never have anyone to lo
Trio
Eli Easton writes some of the most charming romances I’ve ever read and Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride hits the mark in the best possible way. The connection she creates between her characters is engaging and there’s no end to the interesting situations they find themselves in. Between Eli Easton’s captivating story, and Matthew Shaw’s stunning narration, this is one gosh darn terrific audiobook!

This story takes place in the mid 1800’s and Eli Easton manages to completely capture the mood of t
Catherine
I liked it, and I can honestly say that I haven't read this storyline a million times before, but it didn't really do anything for me on an emotional level, so 3 stars it is.
Meags
4 Stars

Well now! That was wonderfully awesome!!

You may detect a hint of surprise and awe in my reaction there, and you’d be correct. Not because I ever doubted the writing prowess of Easton – no way, no how – but because I’ve never really read in the western themed historical romance genre before and I wasn’t really sure if I’d enjoy it.

Thankfully, the end result is one of extreme reader satisfaction. Turns out this whole western trope is totally my thing. After reading Easton’s little author’
R.J.
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gah! I loved this book - I was lucky enough to get a beta read (I am so spoiled!). This is funny, sweet, sexy, serious, dramatic, more funny, and I loved every minute of it. I can't wait for more people to read it so I have people to talk about it to!
Kaje Harper
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was fun. Robby Riverton is witness to a murder, committed by a very dangerous man. His life isn't worth much, if the killer catches up to him to stop him from testifying. On the run on a stagecoach heading west, Robby manages to take the place of a mail-order bride, using his acting skills to impersonate a woman. Which is fine, until he's trapped in the impersonation, forced to act as Rowena on the farm of his intended husband, brothers, wives, irascible father. And let's not forget Trace, ...more
Anyta Sunday
Big Eli Easton fan! Really enjoyed this.
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 4.5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

I really really enjoyed this book.

I loved watching everything unfold. Loved Rowena getting them Grabree boys in line!

By the end of this book I even loved Pa Pa!

There isn’t much to say as I’m really in a lazy mood. But read this! It’s really worth it!

The only reason I didn’t give it a 5 is because I wanted the ending to be different. Not that there is anything wrong with the ending!

I just wanted it MY way and it didn’t end MY way. Come to thi
Meep
Easton is hit or miss for me, I wasn't sure about this and in honesty it was the cover art that reeled me in. The clearly male bride with that wry smirk. Happy to report the book proved a delight.

A light take on a western historical, there's a cattle ranch, a sharp-eyed sheriff, gun fights and bonnets; yet it's layered to add colour without excluding readers who aren't big on historical fiction. It's well balanced there's action, humour and some heat. A 'family secret' is played with through the
Ami

Robby Riverton, a New York City stage actor becomes an eyewitness of a murder done by a dangerous gang. To avoid being the next dead body, Robby decides to run, which lands him at Flat Bottom, Santa Fe. Robby gets to play the role of 'a lifetime' when he has to disguise himself as a woman to fool the gang who has come after him, and pretends to be a mail-order bride.

Taking the western mail order bride trope, Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride is pretty angst-free entertaining read. I was
Jennifer☠Pher☠
description

This was pretty cute and pretty funny. I just didn’t feel like I connected with it very much. There were a lot of words and I was mostly wishing for more to happen. I wasn’t bored really, it was just missing something. Now, I am not familiar with the Western Romances that this was reminiscent of so it could totally be me that is missing something and not the book at all. This could be their way and it just missed the mark for me.

I did find it enjoyable just not a favorite from this author.
  • The Station
  • Summerfield's Angel (The Christmas Angel, #2)
  • According To Hoyle
  • Sweetwater
  • Wanted, A Gentleman
  • Hexbreaker (Hexworld, #1)
  • Another Place in Time
  • End of the Trail (End Of The Trail, #1)
  • The Soldier's Scoundrel (The Turner Series, #1)
  • Brothers of the Wild North Sea
  • The Bohemian and the Banker
  • Bird Meets Cage
  • Well Traveled (Gideon and Jedediah, #1)
  • On the Trail to Moonlight Gulch
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto