Start by marking “Play Dirty (Jordan’s Game, #4)” as Want to Read:
Play Dirty (Jordan’s Game, #4)

Play Dirty

(Jordan’s Game #4)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  428 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
From NYT Bestselling Author, JA Huss, comes a new sexy standalone in the Jordan's Game series. Augustine Braden fell in love with two men in college and was forced to choose… but now she wants them both.

Augustine, Alexander, and Jordan were in love until Jordan left LA to start over in Colorado. And even though many years have passed since then, and many stories have told
Published June 27th 2018 by Science Future Press

To ask other readers questions about Play Dirty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Play Dirty

Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, mind-twist, ménage
Once again, this was not at all what I thought was going to happen. Not only did this feel like a cat and mouse chase, the cat and mouse kept switching places only to end up finding a bigger predator at the end. I really like how this author can set us up to believe one thing in previous books only to say "Nope. You have no idea what's really happening." I'm enthralled every time. I've learned that I like puzzles and clues and piecing it all together. Although, I don't think I'm actually piecing ...more
Michelle
Shelves: 01-signed
When it comes to a JA Huss novel I feel like I sound like a broken record. It’s full of twist and turns, sexy times and a plot that I can’t ever seem to figure out. Completely unpredictable. The same can be said about Play Dirty. But this book was also a million other things.

I want to preface this review by saying that Play Dirty, although the fourth in the Jordan’s Game series, can be read a standalone. Each in this series is considered a standalone – but I am a huge fan of this author, so tha
Carvanz
The master game player finally gets caught up in his own game and every step of the way kept me intrigued. I never knew what was going to happen, what was motivating the players and if anyone else was involved. This story has so many twists and turns that I couldn’t set the book down until I knew all the secrets that had forged Jordan’s life. And oh man are there secrets.

This is a menage that is not really my thing but if done right I can accept it. I appreciated these characters and their stru
Ari
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
J.A. Huss definitely saved the best story for last. Jordan Wells' story was a lot more complex than I thought it would be. Like them plot twists had me all the way fucked up! But I loved how everything worked out in the end and that Jordan finally got the ending he deserved.
Brandi
You don't upend your whole life for a gamble like this and then suddenly pull out at the last second.
You fuck that bitch hard and come inside her before you finish.

Yep. That sums it up. Play Dirty is Jordan's story. Finally. After all the games and all the books and all the secrecy and quiet and questions. This. Is. Jordan's. Story.

It's everything you want it to be. It's everything you've been waiting for. There are players you didn't see coming. There are games in play that you didn't know
SimplyƝì₭
Oh why oh why did I swallow the fly? Huss is one of my top five authors. I picked this up, greedily thinking I could just read and enjoy. No the mindf*ckry was so intense. My God.

"Some things do come in threes."

I am just stunned right now. A complete loss for words. This was complicated and intricate.
Purchase Links
AMAZON: mybook.to/PLAYDIRTY
NOOK: http://bit.ly/2JhulWP
ITUNES: https://apple.co/2GrZCbA
KOBO: http://bit.ly/2uLph9K
MJ
Shelves: 2018-books, arc
Well I am completely gobsmacked. Much like Jordan Wells felt as everything he once assumed turned out to be anything but. I knew his story would pack the biggest punch and I am here to say that it did and that J.A. Huss is the true game master here. She weaves a story that had me going in so many directions I was sure it would end just as it started: with Jordan reclaiming the Turning Point Club and he could go back to enjoying his kinky life once more.

But even as the first 50 percent or so was
RentasticReads
This was so far from what I expected in the last standalone of the Jordan’s Game series. It was definitely steamy and carnal and all kinds of fucked up—as what you’d expect from a J. A. Huss novel—but I don’t think I realized how broken and damaged and so damn lost Jordan Wells truly was until I read this. We may have known him as the game master, but all along, was he really?

When we first met Jordan and have seen his kind of kink, I’ve always wanted to know his back story. I wanted to know what
Wendy LeGrand
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Once again I am left in awe of the tale that Julie has spun with Jordan's story. I knew from the very beginning of meeting Jordan back in the Turning series, that he was going to be intriguing and complex and that what we saw on the surface was not going to represent even an Nth of who and what he was. You know those pictures you see of an iceberg sticking out of the water which makes it look like it's small and harmless, but then you see the HUGE chunk under the surface that is the most dangero ...more
Silvia
I loved it

Play Dirty was so different than the first three books of the series, Jordan’s Game. In the other books I knew Jordan was the Game Master, the Puppeteer, the String Puller, the Man Behind the Scenes. You catch my drift? In the other books I was so sure I knew what was going on. I have to admit I was always wrong, lol, but at least I ‘thought’ I knew. But in Play Dirty, I had no clue. Not one clue. Was it Jordan’s Game or was he being played, if so, by whom? The phrase that kept reverbe
Kate Hastings
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, shit. Honestly, I spent the first two thirds of this read kinda scratching my head. My thoughts on it flipped as often as the pages, everything from being unsure if I was into it or not, to being luke-warm about the players and hesitant to buy into their connection (which, now that I’m finished, think was likely intentional on the author’s part).
I spent equal time feeling for / cheering for Jordan as I did wanting to slap him upside the head. LOL.
And then (as Julie is known to do) FUCKING
Judi
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jordan Wells has prided himself on being the Game Master, but is he playing or being played? Over the previous books I've come to like and appreciate Jordan. The character is so richly portrayed, as a smart confident lawyer with singular tastes and a penchant for doing good deeds. August and Alex make him wonder if he has moved on, but something just doesn't ring true with their story.

This plot line just twists and turns. Jordan's backstory is doled out piecemeal keeping us entranced and turnin
Sarah Hutchinson
Shelves: ja-huss
Very good.
Liz
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally! We finally get Jordan’s story. We met him way back when in the Turning series and have seen him playing games in the Jordan’s Game books, but now, now we get his story! And in true J.A. Huss fashion, expect the unexpected because nothing is ever what it seems!

Jordan left California years ago. When he left, he left Augustine and Alexander behind for good, or so he thought. Now they are back and they want Jordan back in their lives. The question for Jordan is, why? Why now after all thes
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
I didn’t know what to expect when I started reading Play Dirty. This was Jordan’s book and he never played by the rules. He made his own and I was both excited and nervous to read from his POV.

I knew going in that this was a m/f/m book. I thought there would be tons of sex but it was so much more than that. There was some sex but it wasn’t the major focus. I don’t even know how to describe what I read but I’ll say this-it left me wanting more when it was over.

I loved getting a glimpse into Che
Julie
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Play Dirty is the fourth and final book in J.A. Huss’ Jordan’s Game series. All of Jordan’s games have had incredible twists and turns, but Play Dirty is one hairpin turn after another!

With every twist, the game master seemed to change. I was never sure who was pulling the strings and setting up the game. I should have seen it coming though, because Ms. Huss doesn’t have throw away characters.

Each book in the series is a standalone novel, however, Play Dirty does have cameo appearances from a fe
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
Another great book from JA Huss. I love the journey she takes me on with every book. Every story is different and unexpected. Looking forward to the audio.

Full Review on Badass Bloggettes:
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Play Dirty definitely showed us the ultimate game, and the twists and turns left me feeling positively dizzy!
Kathleen R.
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

While i found some really good books in the past weeks, i was waiting for the book that would make me over excited to read it and drag my kindle with me everywhere i go - and i do mean everywhere... except the shower because we all know how badly that can end. Play Dirty by J.A. Huss was that book.

I mean, i took this story with me everywhere, fought against my exhaustion so i could fall asleep past 9.30pm (because apparently i'm getting way too old and fall asleep at the same time as my
Cj Loves Books
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every single time I read a JA Huss book, I think, 'there is no way she can shock me anymore than she has before. It just isn't possible' and every time I am shocked beyond belief. Her stories are unique and never end the way you would expect them to. The guy might get the girl, but it is never easy and it most definitely is never conventional. I think that's what I like the most about her writing. Julie likes to add a flare that kinda resembles the chaos of everyday life.

I'm not saying that eve
Stephanie Ditmore
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader copy of this book. OMFG! This has to be the best book of the series. I’m sad for it to end but Julie really outdid herself with this book. Everything we’ve been wanting to know about Jordan all comes together and is wrapped up tight with a huge bow. I pretty much sat there with my jaw on the floor in disbelief as to what was happening. Augustine and Alexander upend Jordan’s life and they are confusing him in a way that he doesn’t know up from down. He’s ...more
Jean
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wherein the Game Master gets played.

Jordan has been the puppet master. The one pulling the strings. Manipulating the pieces. He even played the notorious Elias Brickman. But sooner or later the thrill is gone. The past beckons when the promise of the present loses its thrill.

That's Jordan's head space when we open Playing Dirty. He past personified comes to town in the form of the love of his youth, Augustine - AND Alexander. IT'S CALLED PLAY DIRTY. DON'T ACT ALL SHOCKED ABOUT THE MENAGE. But he
Goldgrl
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 06-18
Oh Julie Julie Julie.... what can I say I haven’t before, even in person!! Her books are truly amazing... The way she can connect like FOUR different worlds and it doesn’t bother you at all because all you want to do is know more about everyone in there... well that really didn’t happen in this last book... but in the third... and those “other” worlds are other previous series... but still...

What I want to say if someone read this “review” is... READ THIS BOOK
Nomims
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars

I don't really know what to think...
This one was twisted as fuck and i'm still trying to put the pieces together because a lot didn't made sense to me.
IMO there's not a real love story, it's messy and just fucked up and i didn't buy the end.
I Feel like Jordan's story was a bit botched.
And it resume the book for me.

Very disapointed.
Diane
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Game Master finally gets his game on...or is it his game after all.
So many twists, so many surprises.

JA Huss knows how to deliver satisfaction.
Jordan's story was a fitting end to the series, but I have to say, I think Jordan was as surprised as we were.
Way to go Mom!
Tosha Rabideau
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Love Jordan

I always wondered what his story was in The Turning series and his story was worth the build up. I absolutely loved this story. It shows you to always be true to yourself and proud of who you are.
Maria
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was a 3.5 stars for me.
The story is interesting and has so many turns that I was confused a few times
I like that Jordan is a flawed person but is working on better himself
The “games” are confusing at times. But the secrets and spins this book has were a complete surprise for me.
I have to say I’m not into treesomes but this one was very well managed.

I think this was a good conclusion and tied a lot of loose ends.
Marika
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always JA Huss took me on a wild ride!
Finally it's Jordan's turn, the game master to play the game of his life.
I don't even try anymore to figure out what happens, I just go with the flow because I know that JA Huss will have a master plan and she will reveal it when she is good and ready ;)
It was totally unexpected, completely exhilarating and a mind f*ck all rolled into one.
Each book in the series is a standalone but if you don't read the previous books you'll miss key players, their roles
Badass Bloggettes
I need to make a template for all JA Huss reviews that start with I didn’t see that coming then a couple blank lines and finishes with What a ride! It is how I feel after every book of Julie’s that I read.

Honestly, I did think, for a short time, Play Dirty is going to be the first OK Huss book for me. I don’t like Augustine and Alexander at all. They didn’t make me regret Jordan cutting ties with them years ago. Even after we find out their secrets, I understand them, but I don’t like them. T
Some Like It Hot!: тeaѕer тυeѕday~ Play Dirty 1 12 Jun 14, 2018 01:05PM
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more

Jordan’s Game (4 books)
  • Total Exposure (Jordan’s Game, #1)
  • The Pleasure of Panic (Jordan's Game, #2)
  • The Boyfriend Experience (Jordan’s Game, #3)