Start by marking “Dusk (Hero Society, #3)” as Want to Read:

Dusk

(Hero Society #3)

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Dusk has descended.

A time for heroes to face their fears.

Echo has lived the solitary life of a detective for too long, driven by her past to catch the criminals of Seahill and bring justice to those who’ve been wronged. Given her power to change into any creature she chooses, she’s pretty damn good at her job. But now her beloved city is in chaos. After escaping death at

To ask other readers questions about Dusk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dusk

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
WOWEE...So this one turned out to be my favorite of the series so far. I had my reservations at the beginning (see heroine section) but Jessica pulled it off in a spectacular fashion. It was well written. The pace was perfect. The plot was super engaging and kept me guessing until the end. Speaking of that ending...I CANNOT wait to see what this author has in store for us in the finale.

~HERO~
AHSER...I liked Asher's character a lot, but again like the hero from the previou
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
description

DUSK, just like the author said, was a total game changer. With a feisty heroine, an irresistible magic boy, and an attraction so sizzling that will make you purr. Jessica Florence has created not only an exceptional, fascinating world but characters that become family. And I don't want this family to end, like never!

Dusk took me on an epic journey full of magic, animals, and some twists and turns. From start to finish I was pulled in on this remarkable ride and fell in love once again with Jes
Michelle
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary review. I was so excited when Jess told me about asher and echo book. I mean a man who owns a cat but is really is a human is pretty neat. I basically read this book in few hours. Once I started I didn't stop. I just kept powering through it was that good. Asher is sexy as hell. And echo is bitch but I love that about her. Plus the story tied in with mystery was so damn good.
Jessica Florence
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book is a game changer. I dig it ;)

photo fall for the hero today_zps4mz7ddrh.jpg
Kate Hastings
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lions and Panthers and Bears...
Oh. My. HELLZ YEZZZ!

Lawwwd, I LOVE this series.

I’ve said all along that this series is the hybrid love child of Nerd Cool and Geek Cool but I’m now going to add that it’s clear that it’s Aunt is Spiritual Cool and it’s Uncle Biblical Cool.

Why? There are so many brilliantly woven (human-paranormal-theological-spiritual) elements at play in Dusk that if you’re not paying close enough attention (& just spend all your time reading & spazzing out like a giant do
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
description

This series is amaaaaazing! I just LOVE the Hero Society, but Dusk is now my favorite so far. Asher and Echo are so incredible together. I didn’t want this book to end. It’s action-packed and filled with mystery, suspense, sexiness, and total kick-assery!
If you haven’t read this unique series, what are you waiting for? I’m sure you will love the Hero Society as much as I do!

Xenia | AnObsessionwithBooks
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Hero Society series is fun. So much fun. And I love it. I know I'm in for a good time whenever I start reading a JFlo book in general but this series gets me all excited!
When I saw the Illustration of Asher and Echo I thought they looked playful (I mean Echo being a cat and all) and they are! They are so adorable (and badass of course)!!! And I don’t think I’ve ever stumbled across a character called Echo which is great because I’m all about unique names. And Echo is such a lovely name.

“I tu
Imani (Enamored Reads)
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
”I was the troublemaker of the coven, and I had a feeling my story with this woman was only beginning.”

To say Echo and Asher are a force to be reckoned with, would be a VAST understatement! The next installment in the Hero Society Series was EVERYTHING! Dusk pulled out all the stops when it came to a couple so incredibly right for each other, it was inevitable for them to be anything but what they were together: THE force.

The comradeship between the two characters MADE the book. How in tune t
LisaReadsAlot
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a ride this was. This was definitely a game changer like J.Florence said and I enjoyed every minute of it. I seriously thought this was the end of this awesome series and a bit bummed but was SO excited to read that there’s one more left, Night. Woot!

Dusk screams epic HEROES and makes me wanna be apart of the Hero Society and be one of the cool kids. If only I came with an ability...especially when Asher is near by. Wink. Asher is swoony, lovable and that sexy grin had me saying, test your
Melissa Ann
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series keeps getting more and more amazing and suspenseful! I loved Echo and her gift, which went hand and hand with her job. Asher is super swoony with insane gifts of his own. He’s a charmer and even Echo can’t deny his charm. Events bring questions and history to light and just when you think you have it figured out, the story makes a sharp turn! I was stunned by events in this book and the buildup to the final book is so crazy intense!
Naughty Mom Story Time
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

The story line for the Hero Society series seems to be improving. Dusk most definitely had a stronger story than the previous books. The mystery behind the villain(s) is evolving and has started to pique this reader’s mind. Echo and Asher’s story was also stronger than the previous two. The connection and chemistry was more palpable than the others, but still hasn’t been deep enough for me, as the reader, to be fully invested in their love.

With the Hero Society becoming more known to
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
5 outstanding stars!! This book was so freaking good. And I think my favorite of the series thus far!!

This is book 3 of 4 from the “Hero Society” series. Do not read this as a stand alone. I mean I think you could but I feel like it could get confusing.

💕This is Echo and Asher’s story...

Echo~ I fight evil. In more ways then one. Yea I heard of
the Hero Society but have no ties to them. I’m not looking for friends or love interest. Until one shitty night turns my world a little crazy. And I meet a
Charli (charlithebookprincess)
Dusk is the third book in the Hero Society series by Jessica Florence. I really loved book one, Dawn, but I think this one is my new favorite!

Dusk opens with Echo witnessing her parents murder and her power to shift into whatever animal she wants kicks in. Now, she is a detective with the Seahill Police Department and she is determined to protect others from the tragedy that she suffered through while tracking her parent's killer. Two things that she has not made up her mind about is whether or
Natalia
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These series just keep on getting better and better!! The love story in this one is fantastic and so fun! Also there’s a HUGE PLOT TWIST!! Read this now!
Caz
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You dont think that this series could get better but everytime the next book comes out it does, absolutely loved this story and they may be a little different but god i have enjoyed them so far.

This is not the run of the mill love story it is so much more that, not only do we get two amazing characters but one hell of a story filled with action and drama and it’s just written so perfectly. Whilst i was reading this i could just see it playing out in my mind and when i read a story like this i us
Crazy_bookaholic_
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review..
🌟 🌟🌟🌟🌟 purr-fect stars..
I got to meet the heroes from the very beginning of their journey. Their lives have become an important part of my life ❤ ❤. For DAWN as I'd stated earlier, and I quote "I got on a train named DAWN, and never wanted to get down...". DUSK is one such station in its path and believe me, you never wanna miss getting down..  As Jessica had clearly stated, "its a game changer", annnnnddddd I dig it.. Totally, utt
Karyn
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dusk is Book 3 of the Hero Society. Each book brings a new adventure and the author does not re-tell the previous story to get the reader caught up, she drops bits and pieces of previous books throughout the story which I love!

This book introduced a few new characters but the main ones were Echo (I love this name) and Asher. All the characters from the previous books were in this as well. This family of characters keeps growing! Usually with this many characters, it’s hard to keep them straight
A Beautiful Book Blog
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another jam packed book. This book is book 3 in this series. I just adored the new addition to the Hero Society. Echo and Asher both with their unique abilities and incredible chemistry made for a page turner. It like this book series keeps getting better and better.

Echo is this strong, independent women whose parents were tragically killed. While trying to solve the cities most recent crimes, she is hoping these crimes will lead to her parents unsolved murder. Asher, he is Echo perfect ying to
Carrie
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Echo & Asher are awesome characters & great additions to the Hero Society family! They each have unique & amazing abilities that fit together well (I mean, soulmates!) and I enjoyed their interactions together & w/ the rest of the Society. Their romance is a caretaker to friends to HOLY STEAM, BATMAN kinda story. ; )

We also have a bit of Echo on her own, as she learns to let Asher in, and also as she lets her walls down to become part of the family. She's used to being a lone wo
Kellie Lalor
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Because we were Heroes

Wow just when I thought I had it all figured out, boom! But what a ride! Each book has it's own character even though they are entwined & share a common goal, the future of mankind. Each book allows us to meet new characters while also getting glimpses of how the other character develop as the story/ies progress & their stregnth shines.

Echo is fierce & highly protective.
Asher is down to earth but is a rebel at heart.
Together, sparks fly. But they also calm &
Brianna Maddox
Okay, this is definitely my favorite of the 3. And I said that about the 2nd book... Then I read this one.... GUYS!!! This one was amazing!
I loved Echo and Asher soo much! I'm sad that there's only 1 book left and I was rooting for a particular character to get a book... Doesn't look like it's gonna happen.
Seriously, this series is amazing! For the past 2 years I've been really only reading romance, not any with paranormal or fantasy elements! I love that this is a breath of fresh air from the
Christine
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dusk by Jessica Florence is the third installment in her Hero Society series and they should be read in order because this series will blow your mind! I have never been a PNR reader but I think I might be converted. This story's main characters Echo & Asher have unbelievable chemistry and I fell in love with them early on in Dusk. I couldn't predict this story and I loved the roller-coaster ride the author took us on and I can't wait for the final installment of this series. I can't say it e ...more
Marissa Adkins
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am in love with this series! I love all of the characters but I think this is my favorite book in the series. this author writes strong, hot, powerful hero's, but she also writes the best female heroines.

i think this book is my favorite because not only did she stay true to the hero story but this book just felt different. with a Detective and a mystery element just made it all the better. I can't wait to read more!
Anna
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I keep saying it this series is just amazing. Every book is just better and better. This story is filled with sexiness, heroes, and some suspense thrown in. Echo and Asher definitely take you for a ride. Seriously this series I can't get enough of it. Running to the next NOW! ABSOLUTELY a must read!!!
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The series has been phenomenal!!! Echo and Asher will have you falling in love with their characters just as much as you have fallen from book one. I loved the suspense and twists and turns in this book that I never saw coming. Jessica Florence is great at giving us characters that are so perfectly imperfect, that they seem so real!! I am so excited to see how this series will end.
Patricia
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

This series keep getting better with every new book! I'm very excited to see what happens in the next and final book.
bookish_affair
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come soon
Heather
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give Hero Society: Dusk 4.5/5 ⭐

Jessica has done it again.

I was soooo excited to to read this book because it was going to focus on a shapeshifter character and I absolutely love shapeshifters.

Dusk tells the story through Echo’s POV. I loved this book not only because of the romance but because of the mystery that Jessica threw in. I don’t wanna give to much away because that will take the fun out of it. (Plus I think you should totally read this series.)

Besides Echo we meet her hunky love i
Darque  Dreamer
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dusk is dark and dangerous. With dynamic characters, and peril lurking around every corner, this one will have your heart pounding! With a serial killer on the loose, and new, shape-shifting hero, this one takes the Hero Society to new levels!

Jessica really has a way of drawing you in to her stories. I love her engaging writing style and intriguing characters! There is never a dull moment with the Hero Society.

Dusk introduces us to a new, strong character named Echo. Echo is fierce, but also a l
Rose White (WhiteRoseStories)
Another purrfect five-star book of our favourite heroes by Jessica Florence!

“Her energy fed mine and held me captive. Even in the few seconds our lips were touching, I knew this was something different. Something wild and untamed.”

Where do I even begin? Asher and Echo—or should I say Snow White?—is a powerful couple. You can feel their love as it blooms throughout the story. They’re both so strong and together, they make each other so much stronger.

“You feel it, too, don’t you?” he asked. The
Jessica Florence
Author <3 Potterhead <3 Movie Geek Extraordinaire

When she's not writing her next invigorating story. You can find her running her own business, and spending time with her husband, daughter and German Shepherd in southwest Florida.

Jessica loves to interact with her readers, follow her on
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/jessicaflore...
Twitter- https://twitter.com/florence_j

Hero Society (5 books)
  • Dawn (Hero Society, #1)
  • Day (Hero Society, #2)
  • Night (Hero Society, #4)
  • Winter (Hero Society #5)