Start by marking “Beyond the Dreams We Know: A Collection” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Dreams We Know: A Collection

Beyond the Dreams We Know: A Collection

In the world of City in the Lake, entering the great forest may lead you to your heart’s desire . . . but the one certainty is that the forest always has its own desires, and might very well tilt anyone’s quest to its own ends.
***
In the whole history of the Floating Islands, no girl has ever put on wings and taken flight. Now a special audition has just been announced, a
Published June 15th 2018 by Anara Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Dreams We Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Dreams We Know

Start your review of Beyond the Dreams We Know: A Collection
katayoun Masoodi
Jun 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, fantasy
not sure how you'd feel if you haven't read any of neumeier's books, but i loved the two stories anchored in the worlds of "Floating Islands" and "The Mountain of Kept Memory" and the 4 stars are for those two. the rest of the stories were nice also though again the one based on the city in the lake was not my favorite and i would definitely like to read the griffin mage books. ...more
Charlotte
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
such a delight to revisit well loved story-settings from Rachel Neumeier's other books, and to be treated to a new world as well! My one complaint is that the production of the book itself is not great; pages fell out on my first reading. ...more
MB (What she read)
3.5 stars. This Kindle Unlimited read was great value/well worth the read. I enjoyed all of the short stories and novellas and the shorter lengths worked well for this author. There was enough content in each for great world-building, and interesting plots and characters. The short formats worked well to keep my interest and leave me satisfied but still curious about what happened next. (As a good shortie should...)
Sarahz
Jun 24, 2020 added it
A great collection for any fans of Rachel Neumeier's, or anyone interested in exploring her work. About half the stories are in new settings, and half are in worlds established in prior books or series. All can be read without reading the original books, but would probably benefit from the extra context.

I especially liked the story set in the Floating Islands, b/c while that book wrapped well, I've always wanted more books set there.

In general, there's been a trend in fantasy towards darker, g
Mouselet
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fantasy Readers
Recommended to Mouselet by: Rachel Neumeier
Combining additions to existing worlds along with never-before-seen glimpses into others she's created, Rachel Neumeier's new anthology is a must-have for any fantasy reader. Of the seven stories, four are sequels or prequels to previously published books and the other three are wholly unrelated. It's a good overview of Neumeier's talents as an author, easily read in a day, and showcases four of her books' worlds. Personally, I'm going to go and order two of her other books just based on the str ...more
stacy goff
Jun 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

Not every author can create characters and stories that satisfy while leaving me wishing for more. I loved the additional glimpses into some of her established worlds and the brand new worlds she introduces.
Jo Oehrlein
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved revisiting all the worlds from the various books. No way for me to pick a favorite.
Lucinda E. Reid
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed these fairytale-like stories immensely. Lovely imagery, sweet characters, just a happy, well-written book.
scarlettraces
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
(4.5 for sheer comfort value)
Pam Rucci
LHW
Nov 30, 2019
Michelle
Nov 02, 2018

• The Physicians of Vilnoc (Penric and Desdemona, #8)
  • A Sharpened Axe
  • Masquerade in Lodi (Penric & Desdemona, #9)
  • Pegasus (Pegasus, #1)
  • Paladin's Strength (The Saint of Steel, #2)
  • Shadows
  • The Silvered
  • The Ippos King (Wraith Kings, #3)
  • Eidolon (Wraith Kings, #2)
  • Paths to Power: Living in the Spirit's Fullness
  • The Assassins of Thasalon (Penric and Desdemona, #10)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Trading in Danger (Vatta's War, #1)
  • How to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit
  • Man the Dwelling Place of God: What it Means to Have Christ Living in You
  • Extermination (Daniel Black, #3)
  • Black Coven (Daniel Black, #2)
  • Perilous Waif (Alice Long #1)
Rachel Neumeier started writing fiction to relax when she was a graduate student and needed a hobby unrelated to her research. Prior to selling her first fantasy novel, she had published only a few articles in venues such as The American Journal of Botany. However, finding that her interests did not lie in research, Rachel left academia and began to let her hobbies take over her life instead.

She n