Start by marking “Burn Falls” as Want to Read:
Burn Falls

Burn Falls

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
*Paranormal Romance*

After Draven Delano fled his coven, he vowed he’d never take an innocent human’s life again. To survive on his own, he became a doctor, allowing himself easy access to blood bags and a means of survival without harming a soul. But an immortal can never stay in one place for too long. And he can never fall in love. When he moves to the sleepy town of Bur
Published June 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Burn Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn Falls

Kimberly
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It's almost time, peeps! Release day is June 19, 2018!
Jennifer Miller
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ummm, helloooo Draven.
I loved this story so much! Draven and Calla are hot, hot, hot! Not to mention of course the great writing and the plot that kept you on the edge of your seat wondering when the sh!t was going to hit the fan. I'm a huge fan of PNR and since I know this was Kimberly's first foray into the genre, I sure hope it isn't her last!
Mandy (2 Girls & their Kindles)
I don’t read Paranormal normally but when one half of your favourite author’s tells you she’s writing paranormal what do you do, I was a bit scared but I knew I was safe in her hands. I couldn’t think of a better lady to pop my PNR cherry than Kimberly. This book had everything, it had romance, it was a sexy, hot and addictive read.

This was the real deal, no rings to help them walk about in the daylight, and no sparkling either.

Draven is our smouldering vampire who never stays in the same plac
Janine Bürger de Assis
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
Antes de mais nada, preciso dizer que eu adoro romance paranormal. É um dos meus preferidos. Kimberly Knight é uma autora nova para mim, mas com certeza esse não será o meu último livro dela, até mesmo porque eu espero que ela transforme esse standalone numa série e que vários personagens secundários tenham suas histórias contadas.
Draven me conquistou desde o início e eu adorei como a Kimberly manteve vários elementos da mitologia vivos. Você percebe no livro como a autora fez uma pesquisa exten
Jenny
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not a fan of PNR, but this wasn't bad. It had the feel of other vampire books in some ways, but with a twist. There is only so much you can do with vampire lore without going so far off that people wouldn't recognize it.
I enjoyed reading this, but it did take me awhile to get really into it. In usual KK fashion there were some twists that were very well written. I liked that in some ways it was kept more to the common lore than some other books.
But is it in my top books of Kimberly's? Prob
Desire For Lit
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an advance copy for review and really enjoyed the story and the characters.

The review is up at http://desireforlit.com/2018/06/06/bu...

Thanks again for letting me part of the ARC Kimberly!!!

Myn
Lori
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF. The story line didn't do it for me.
Stacy
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I haven’t read much in this genre but I was very surprised how much I liked it!! I usually love all of Kimberly’s books so I had to give this a try! I loved her take on vampires and how they came to be! If I had 1 aspect to dislike it would be how fast the books seemed to go, if that makes sense? I would have liked to have read more details about the characters and scenes, even if it meant another book? But either way I really enjoyed it!! Hope you do as well!!
Amy Stephens
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kimberly Knight won me over as a reader many stories ago--she's a fabulous romance author and one that everyone should read. But let me tell you, she's totally blown me away with her latest, Burn Falls.

I followed closely when she announced she was working on a paranormal romance. It sounded promising and the more she talked it, I knew I wanted to give this story a chance. I've never been a huge fan of the genre, but let me tell you, Kimberly Knight has emerged with a story that is so incredible
Mari Westphal
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

'Burn Falls' is a book for people who wants to vary the romance reading... If you like steamy books and vampires, Kimberly Knight's new book is a good shot. Everytime I get a book wrote by Kimberly Knight to read, I know I'll enjoy it, not even matter the plot, and with 'Burn Falls' we have excatly that!

Draven is what I call a low carb vegan vampire... He doesn't eat direct from the font and does everything to avoid be in the center of the attentions, especially because he has been for so long l
Mary Kazen *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
Ever read a book that made you super excited each time you knew you had a free moment to read? One where you couldn't wait to find out more? Then when it was over you were bummed and prayed there will be more in the future? That was this book for me.
This is the story of Dravin, a vampire disguised as a human doctor on the run from an old evil vampire that wants to control him. He meets Calla, a beautiful and strong woman whose father is attacked by a vampire and Dravin treats him. He thought he
Two Books in a Shelf
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2018
description

Theresa
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From ice cold to burning hot!!

Not your average vampire story!! No sparkling or daylight rings here, but a few new nuances. Based in Prohibition era Chicago and modern day Seattle and Alaska, your temperature will soar as the story unfolds. Murder, passion, betrayal, mystery, and love keep you on your toes and hot and bothered. And now a bit about the story...

Calla and Draven are thrown together accidentally on the night her father is attacked. Calla had returned home for the holidays only to see
Ember Dante
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve enjoyed several paranormal romances centered around vampires, from the Twilight series to the Sookie Stackhouse novels (True Blood) and S.C. Stephens’ Conversion series. Typically, if a vampire is involved in the story, I’m down! All of the books, movies, and television series featuring vampires have a slightly different vamp mythology, different rules they vampires have to abide. Well, let me tell ya, Kimberly knocked this one out of the park! She presents a refreshing view of how the vamp ...more
Trudy Dowling
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I could only use one word to describe Burn Falls it would be intense. The developing story was intense enough that the book was addictive. The resolution was extremely intense, putting me on the edge of my seat.

I have been reading vampire books for many years. A lot of the stories have vampires with the same traits, except for the sparkle in one series. Burn Falls brought uniqueness, a fresh look at the vampire. I enjoyed the characters. I came to care about most of the vampires. The evil tha
Carol Morgan
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Kimberly Knight & i understand it's her first foray into this genre but you would never guess it . The story revolves mainly around Calla & Draven , i couldn't help but feel sympathy for Draven thinking his life was going down the happy ever after route only to discover monsters exist & he's just become one. Calla is home for the holidays when she meets the handsome doctor treating her dad after he's attacked & is instantly attracted to him not knowing wh ...more
Jenny Rapp
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never been interested in books in this genre, however, a friend asked that I take a chance and trust that she would not steer me wrong. Knowing and loving the other genres this author writes had me taking that chance. I am so very thankful I opened my mind and this book. The storyline and writing, especially knowing that this is Ms. Knight’s debut novel in this genre, were spectacular. The characters were beautiful and extremely lovable. While this is a book about vampires, it truly is ju ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Firstly let me say that I am not normally a fan of paranormal romances, but as this is one of my favourite authors’ I decided to give it a bash, and I am so glad that I did! This is Draven and Calla’s story, and what an amazing story it is. No spoilers; this is a must read, you will not be disappointed! This is an engaging story which had me intrigued and captivated throughout. This story is filled with mystery, heartbreak, grief, betrayal, murder, passion and love.
Brilliant work Kimberley!!
I w
Michelle Sullivan
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I heard that Kimberly Knight was going to write her first Paranormal Romance I was excited, to say the least. There is nothing of hers that I don’t love so I knew this would be good. Well, good is an understatement! It was not just good… it was AMAZING!!! Once I started reading, I just could not stop but the lack of sleep was so worth it. I was sucked in from the very beginning and did not want it to end. Needless to say, this book is going to be a re-read for me! Incredible job Kimberly!!!
Carrie
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've read a ton of paranormal books and appreciate that the author's make up their own "rules". I absolutely loved this story, I love Draven and Calla, and would keep reading if more stories of their's came out. Kimberly Knight did a wonderful job telling her story, her way, but she has never led me wrong in any of her books. I just want to know if there will be a book to explain Athan, I fell in love with him as much as I did Draven.
Roxanne Rhoads
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vampires, The Roaring Twenties, Chicago, The Mob...and romance- this book definitely grabbed my attention. Toss in modern day Alaska and Seattle and things really get interesting.

Calla has a great a job, friends, and family. Life is good, until she goes home to Burn Falls for the holidays. Tragedy strikes and Calla's dad is murdered.

On the run from his past in Chicago, vampire Draven "hides" in Alaska working as Doctor Parker Young. Great way to always have access to blood without killing anyon
Cindy
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books-2018
I'm not one who normally reads Paranormal. But I was excited to read Burn Falls by Kimberly Knight.

Draven oh my what a smouldering, sexy, hot vampire he is. He never stays in the same place for more then 10 years at a time. When he meets the beautiful young Calla will she tempt him to forever?

Burn Falls is a perfectly written sexy and addicting book. Chopped full full of passion and intrigue, and characters you'll love!

*I voluntarily read an advance copy. This is my honest review.*
Verlene Landon
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Is this really KK's first paranormal? I'm not inclined to believe that.
This book was one of my top of the year so far. She had me hooked from the first page. Every time I got to a place I thought I could stop, she smacked me with something else that kept me reading. I was late for my doctor's appointment because I couldn't find a place I wanted to pause to drive the 7 miles to the clinic where we know I would have plenty of wait time to pick back up.
If you are looking for an awesome, and not typ
Fee96
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Burn Falls completely blew my expectations to pieces. I have read and loved some of Kimberly Knight's recent books. So I was intrigued by her expanding into another genre for sure. I like paranormal ok but only read a little here or there. Think I am a bit picky. Also I'm not even a little embarrassed to admit how much I loved the Twilight Series. So I honestly figured Burn Falls would be a welcomed change of my romance pace. I was so right, yo! This story & these characters were just what I ...more
Amanda Gifford
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOOKED!!!!

I was lucky to win an advance copy of this book.
I don't really read many paranormal books, the last ones I read was the twilight series. But this book I couldn't put it down. I am so glad I gave this book a chance!!
Kimberly Knight you had me hooked from beginning to end and left me wanting me more!
Stacy
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS AMAZING!!!! I had the honor of reading this early and it is a completely different genre for Kimberly but she did a fantastic job. The storyline is captivating and the characters are great. It has all the feels as it carries you through emotions of sadness, happiness, love, thrills, & even a little anger tossed in. I think even if you don't normally read paranormal romance you will still enjoy this story. it is a MUST READ for anyone who loves steamy romance and true love.
Anne Mercier
Shelves: pnr
I thought my love for paranormal romance burned out long ago, but it seems that Kimberly Knight has re-lit the flame with Burn Falls! This gripping page-turner is filled with all the feels I’ve come to know and love from each Kimberly Knight story. Five sexy bites!
Kristina Bonham
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not the regular vampire falls for a human book. There was twists and turns that I did not see coming in the story. I love the different take on the myths of vampires. Draven and Calla are hot together, I didn't want the story to end.
Seeshel kettler
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great new vampire book. Very well written.
Andrea
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PNR isnt my go to genre but after BurnFalls<\i> I'm not sure why. Kimberly Knight has written a wonderful romance about a woman and a man who happens to be a vampire. I loved this story and claim Draven!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kimberly Knight is an USA Today Bestselling Author that lives in the mountains near a lake with her loving husband and spoiled cat, Precious. In her spare time, she enjoys watching her favorite reality TV shows, watching the San Francisco Giants win World Series and the San Jose Sharks kick butt.

She's also a two time desmoid tumor/cancer fighter that's made her stronger and an inspiration to her