Start by marking “Burn Falls” as Want to Read:
Burn Falls

Burn Falls

*Paranormal Romance*

After Draven Delano fled his coven, he vowed he’d never take an innocent human’s life again. To survive on his own, he became a doctor, allowing himself easy access to blood bags and a means of survival without harming a soul. But an immortal can never stay in one place for too long. And he can never fall in love. When he moves to the sleepy town of Bur
Published June 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Burn Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn Falls

Start your review of Burn Falls
Kimberly
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
It's almost time, peeps! Release day is June 19, 2018!
Jennifer Miller
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ummm, helloooo Draven.
I loved this story so much! Draven and Calla are hot, hot, hot! Not to mention of course the great writing and the plot that kept you on the edge of your seat wondering when the sh!t was going to hit the fan. I'm a huge fan of PNR and since I know this was Kimberly's first foray into the genre, I sure hope it isn't her last!
Mandy Desay
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t read Paranormal normally but when one half of your favourite author’s tells you she’s writing paranormal what do you do, I was a bit scared but I knew I was safe in her hands. I couldn’t think of a better lady to pop my PNR cherry than Kimberly. This book had everything, it had romance, it was a sexy, hot and addictive read.

This was the real deal, no rings to help them walk about in the daylight, and no sparkling either.

Draven is our smouldering vampire who never stays in the same plac
Justadele
Jun 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately this one didn't work for me, I didn't feel anything between the H/h, the story didn't hold my interest & it didn't feel like a PNR romance to me, also ending was rushed & very abrupt. ...more
Jenny
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not a fan of PNR, but this wasn't bad. It had the feel of other vampire books in some ways, but with a twist. There is only so much you can do with vampire lore without going so far off that people wouldn't recognize it.
I enjoyed reading this, but it did take me awhile to get really into it. In usual KK fashion there were some twists that were very well written. I liked that in some ways it was kept more to the common lore than some other books.
But is it in my top books of Kimberly's? Prob
Desire For Lit
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an advance copy for review and really enjoyed the story and the characters.

The review is up at http://desireforlit.com/2018/06/06/bu...

Thanks again for letting me part of the ARC Kimberly!!!

Myn
Lori
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF. The story line didn't do it for me.
Stacy
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I haven’t read much in this genre but I was very surprised how much I liked it!! I usually love all of Kimberly’s books so I had to give this a try! I loved her take on vampires and how they came to be! If I had 1 aspect to dislike it would be how fast the books seemed to go, if that makes sense? I would have liked to have read more details about the characters and scenes, even if it meant another book? But either way I really enjoyed it!! Hope you do as well!!
Mari Westphal
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

'Burn Falls' is a book for people who wants to vary the romance reading... If you like steamy books and vampires, Kimberly Knight's new book is a good shot. Everytime I get a book wrote by Kimberly Knight to read, I know I'll enjoy it, not even matter the plot, and with 'Burn Falls' we have excatly that!

Draven is what I call a low carb vegan vampire... He doesn't eat direct from the font and does everything to avoid be in the center of the attentions, especially because he has been for so long l
Stephanie Brown
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and blood

I’ll start off by saying I’m not a fan of paranormal romance, or so I thought. I kind of went back and forth with wanting and not wanting to get into a vampire book. I’m a huge fan of Kimberly Knight’s other novels so I decided to take the plunge.
Given my 5 stars, clearly I’m more than happy I read this book. It’s not just about vampires however it did change my outlook in wanting to read more stories like this one.
Draven is a vampire and through his life and his unwillingness to c
Trudy Dowling
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I could only use one word to describe Burn Falls it would be intense. The developing story was intense enough that the book was addictive. The resolution was extremely intense, putting me on the edge of my seat.

I have been reading vampire books for many years. A lot of the stories have vampires with the same traits, except for the sparkle in one series. Burn Falls brought uniqueness, a fresh look at the vampire. I enjoyed the characters. I came to care about most of the vampires. The evil tha
Andrea
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PNR isnt my go to genre but after BurnFalls I'm not sure why. Kimberly Knight has written a wonderful romance about a woman and a man who happens to be a vampire. I loved this story and claim Draven!!
Amy Stephens
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kimberly Knight won me over as a reader many stories ago--she's a fabulous romance author and one that everyone should read. But let me tell you, she's totally blown me away with her latest, Burn Falls.

I followed closely when she announced she was working on a paranormal romance. It sounded promising and the more she talked it, I knew I wanted to give this story a chance. I've never been a huge fan of the genre, but let me tell you, Kimberly Knight has emerged with a story that is so incredible
Mary Dean
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ever read a book that made you super excited each time you knew you had a free moment to read? One where you couldn't wait to find out more? Then when it was over you were bummed and prayed there will be more in the future? That was this book for me.
This is the story of Dravin, a vampire disguised as a human doctor on the run from an old evil vampire that wants to control him. He meets Calla, a beautiful and strong woman whose father is attacked by a vampire and Dravin treats him. He thought he
Theresa
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From ice cold to burning hot!!

Not your average vampire story!! No sparkling or daylight rings here, but a few new nuances. Based in Prohibition era Chicago and modern day Seattle and Alaska, your temperature will soar as the story unfolds. Murder, passion, betrayal, mystery, and love keep you on your toes and hot and bothered. And now a bit about the story...

Calla and Draven are thrown together accidentally on the night her father is attacked. Calla had returned home for the holidays only to see
Ember Dante
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve enjoyed several paranormal romances centered around vampires, from the Twilight series to the Sookie Stackhouse novels (True Blood) and S.C. Stephens’ Conversion series. Typically, if a vampire is involved in the story, I’m down! All of the books, movies, and television series featuring vampires have a slightly different vamp mythology, different rules they vampires have to abide. Well, let me tell ya, Kimberly knocked this one out of the park! She presents a refreshing view of how the vamp ...more
Carol Morgan
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Kimberly Knight & i understand it's her first foray into this genre but you would never guess it . The story revolves mainly around Calla & Draven , i couldn't help but feel sympathy for Draven thinking his life was going down the happy ever after route only to discover monsters exist & he's just become one. Calla is home for the holidays when she meets the handsome doctor treating her dad after he's attacked & is instantly attracted to him not knowing what he is .This b ...more
Jenny
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never been interested in books in this genre, however, a friend asked that I take a chance and trust that she would not steer me wrong. Knowing and loving the other genres this author writes had me taking that chance. I am so very thankful I opened my mind and this book. The storyline and writing, especially knowing that this is Ms. Knight’s debut novel in this genre, were spectacular. The characters were beautiful and extremely lovable. While this is a book about vampires, it truly is ju ...more
Tracy
I hovered between a 3 star to a 5 star review throughout this book. There were parts that I loved and were 5 star for sure but then there were some scenes (sex scenes mostly) that barely made it a 3 star rating. I decide on 4 stars because even though some parts made me cringe a little I really enjoyed the book. The ending was wrapped up nice and neat but I feel like maybe there is room for another book in the future? I'd read it if so. And I hate when every vampire romance book is compared to t ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Firstly let me say that I am not normally a fan of paranormal romances, but as this is one of my favourite authors’ I decided to give it a bash, and I am so glad that I did! This is Draven and Calla’s story, and what an amazing story it is. No spoilers; this is a must read, you will not be disappointed! This is an engaging story which had me intrigued and captivated throughout. This story is filled with mystery, heartbreak, grief, betrayal, murder, passion and love.
Brilliant work Kimberley!!
I w
Michelle Sullivan
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I heard that Kimberly Knight was going to write her first Paranormal Romance I was excited, to say the least. There is nothing of hers that I don’t love so I knew this would be good. Well, good is an understatement! It was not just good… it was AMAZING!!! Once I started reading, I just could not stop but the lack of sleep was so worth it. I was sucked in from the very beginning and did not want it to end. Needless to say, this book is going to be a re-read for me! Incredible job Kimberly!!!
Cindy
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books-2018
I'm not one who normally reads Paranormal. But I was excited to read Burn Falls by Kimberly Knight.

Draven oh my what a smouldering, sexy, hot vampire he is. He never stays in the same place for more then 10 years at a time. When he meets the beautiful young Calla will she tempt him to forever?

Burn Falls is a perfectly written sexy and addicting book. Chopped full full of passion and intrigue, and characters you'll love!

*I voluntarily read an advance copy. This is my honest review.*
Carrie
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've read a ton of paranormal books and appreciate that the author's make up their own "rules". I absolutely loved this story, I love Draven and Calla, and would keep reading if more stories of their's came out. Kimberly Knight did a wonderful job telling her story, her way, but she has never led me wrong in any of her books. I just want to know if there will be a book to explain Athan, I fell in love with him as much as I did Draven.
Roxanne Rhoads
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vampires, The Roaring Twenties, Chicago, The Mob...and romance- this book definitely grabbed my attention. Toss in modern day Alaska and Seattle and things really get interesting.

Calla has a great a job, friends, and family. Life is good, until she goes home to Burn Falls for the holidays. Tragedy strikes and Calla's dad is murdered.

On the run from his past in Chicago, vampire Draven "hides" in Alaska working as Doctor Parker Young. Great way to always have access to blood without killing anyon
Stacy
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS AMAZING!!!! I had the honor of reading this early and it is a completely different genre for Kimberly but she did a fantastic job. The storyline is captivating and the characters are great. It has all the feels as it carries you through emotions of sadness, happiness, love, thrills, & even a little anger tossed in. I think even if you don't normally read paranormal romance you will still enjoy this story. it is a MUST READ for anyone who loves steamy romance and true love. ...more
Amanda Gifford
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOOKED!!!!

I was lucky to win an advance copy of this book.
I don't really read many paranormal books, the last ones I read was the twilight series. But this book I couldn't put it down. I am so glad I gave this book a chance!!
Kimberly Knight you had me hooked from beginning to end and left me wanting me more!
Fee96
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Burn Falls completely blew my expectations to pieces. I have read and loved some of Kimberly Knight's recent books. So I was intrigued by her expanding into another genre for sure. I like paranormal ok but only read a little here or there. Think I am a bit picky. Also I'm not even a little embarrassed to admit how much I loved the Twilight Series. So I honestly figured Burn Falls would be a welcomed change of my romance pace. I was so right, yo! This story & these characters were just what I nee ...more
Anne Mercier
Shelves: pnr
I thought my love for paranormal romance burned out long ago, but it seems that Kimberly Knight has re-lit the flame with Burn Falls! This gripping page-turner is filled with all the feels I’ve come to know and love from each Kimberly Knight story. Five sexy bites!
Kristina Bonham
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not the regular vampire falls for a human book. There was twists and turns that I did not see coming in the story. I love the different take on the myths of vampires. Draven and Calla are hot together, I didn't want the story to end.
Seeshel kettler
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great new vampire book. Very well written.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Bullied (Possessed, #0.5)
  • The Jezebel (Rivers Wilde # 3)
  • Set Up (Taking Chances #1)
  • A Rizer Wolfpack Series; Complete Series (Rizer Pack Shifter, #1 To #5)
  • London Prep: Book Two (London Prep, #2)
  • Humans Must Kneel (Possessive Aliens, #3)
  • Smitten
  • Heart of the Wolf
  • Fool Me Once
  • Healing of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #5)
  • Dark Prince (Blueblood Vampires #1)
  • Nerdgasm (Naughty Nerds)
  • Coach Me
  • Promised to the Alien (Rebels of Sidyth, #3)
  • Deranged: a Hades and Persephone Story (Twisted Myth Book 1)
  • A Life Without Water and The Road Leads Back Combo: Two Books...One Low Price!
  • Embracing Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #6)
  • Purchased by the Alien (Rebels of Sidyth, #1)
Kimberly Knight is a USA Today Bestselling author who lives in the mountains near a lake in California with her loving husband, who is a great research assistant. Kimberly writes in a variety of genres including romantic suspense, contemporary romance, erotic romance, and paranormal romance. Her books will make you laugh, cry, swoon, and fall in love before she throws you curve balls you never see ...more

News & Interviews