Jump to ratings and reviews

Every Breath #1

Every Breath You Take

London Monroe is forced to accept an unwanted new reality. Her marriage is over. Her best friend is a million miles away. Her mother’s health is failing. And no matter how hard she tries, she can’t seem to make ends meet.

They say the way to mend a broken soul is to find someone to make it whole again. But she never imagined it would be him, or that love could be so... intense.

Discovering the unexpected will surprise her. Life will get harder before it gets easier. And the man meant to see her through it all will take her by storm.

Immersed in a whirlwind of emotion, London soon learns that there’s a delicate line between love and obsession.

First published August 24, 2018

22 books1,093 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
8 (3%)
1 star
3 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 111 reviews
Profile Image for Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog.
1,260 reviews9,900 followers
September 9, 2018
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I wanted to be London’s hero. I wanted a piece of me to live inside her. My heart already belonged to her, I only wished she would take it and give it a home next to hers.

I thought I had this story figured out from the prologue. I knew this was a love triangle and it was clear from the beginning who the key players were. I WAS MISTAKEN! I presumed early on that this was going to be a predictable story but nearly three-quarters of the way in, the author puts a different spin on the love triangle.

To keep it a mystery, I believe it’s best not to mention any of the men in the heroine’s life. What I can say is that Faith Andrews did a damn good job of tricking me into picking the wrong guy throughout the majority of the story. But what’s even more amazing is that the one guy who I thought made up a third of the love triangle ended up not being a part of the equation at all. And I completely misjudged all the men who were in love with the heroine.

London isn’t a particularly amazing heroine. To be honest, I’m not really sure why she’s the object of everyone’s affections. The way she completely changed her mind about her feelings seemed disingenuous.

The story moved at a slow pace for the first half of the book but once the twist in the plot is revealed, I found that I couldn’t wait to find out what was going to happen next. I do think that the storyline could have been just the tiniest better if the author didn’t take the easy way out by turning one of the heroes into the obvious ”bad guy”.

The book ends on a cliffhanger and I’m a little nervous to find out how this story will play out. I must admit I love that I’m not sure who is the best man for London.

Here are my overall ratings:

Hero: 4.5
Heroine: 3.5
Plot: 4
Angst: 4
Steam: 4.5
Chemistry Between Hero & Heroine: 4.5

EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE is currently available.

US: http://1click.bz/EBYTAMZNUS
UK: http://1click.bz/EBYTAMZNUK
CA: http://1click.bz/EBYTAMZNCA
AU: http://1click.bz/EBYTAMZNAU

Profile Image for Stephanie Rose.
Author 26 books2,755 followers
August 25, 2018
I've been a fan of Faith Andrews from the beginning and Man of My Dreams, and after reading Every Breath You Take, I may have a new favorite.

London's story is beautifully written and full of anguish that you can feel on each page. When her life starts to look up, you're happy but skeptical, but get the rug pulled out from under you at the same time she does when she discovers nothing is as she thought.

Every Breath You Take is sexy, captivating, and will leave you itching like hell for the next book!
Profile Image for Zilpha Owens.
922 reviews9 followers
August 2, 2018
Faith Andrews writes heart-wrenching stories. Every Breath You Take (book 1 in the Every Breath Duet) is no different. London Monroe finds herself at the end of her marriage. It’s a painful reality that hits right in the chest. Making changes is hard and starting over isn’t easy. She’s been knocked off her axis and it’s felt. Enter Dr. Bryce Owen. He’s everything she needs to begin again and start living. Bryce is sweet and confident but somewhat of a mystery. And then there is her best friend, Sam Goodwin. He’s everything a best friend should be and more. Honestly, he’s almost perfect. The writing and story is smooth, sexy and mysterious. And it’s more than just a romance - there’s family, friendship, acceptance and real life. The characters are mature, smart, endearing with growth and development too. It’s a page turner for sure that kept me moving forward and catching my own breath. It may end on a small cliffhanger but that’s ok, it’s worth it. Take My Breath Away releases October 1, 2018 and I can’t wait to read the conclusion. This is definitely a story worth reading.
Profile Image for Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri .
1,193 reviews1,024 followers
October 4, 2018
This suspenseful and sexy best friends-to-lovers/love triangle is a page turner!   Will secrets, lies and lies and crazy psychotic ex-or two get in the way of Sam and London’s happiness?

Look I’m dying here! I’m holding MY BREATH. I can’t wait to read the conclusion, Take My Breath Away on October 1st.  I have faith that Faith Andrews is going to deliver an epic ending filled with more twists and turns.
Profile Image for Candyce Kirk.
1,156 reviews31 followers
August 29, 2018
When I heard about this book, I read a sypnosis and was really interested. That was quite awhile ago, so I kind of went in blind when I started. I honestly think that was the best way with this book, because it was so good!! I was hooked from the start.
London is a character I related to immediately. Not because of things happening in her love life, but with the relationship she has with her mother. I am just as close as they are and it was really fun seeing a mother/daughter relationship portrayed in a book I read. This brought a smile to my face and really made me understand how she felt about what was going on with her mother.
Every Breath You Take is an emotional rollercoaster and Faith Andrews knows how to make you feel them all. I can't imagine having your life turned upside down like London did. When it comes to the romance aspects of this book, I had my doubts about a certain character (don't want to spoil anything). I loved her best friend Sam though. I think we all deserve a Sam.
And at the end, just when I thought everything was settling down, I read the ending!! I need the second book right now!! I need to know how London's story continues!
Profile Image for Trish Mint.
190 reviews414 followers
August 23, 2018
THIS book. THIS series is most definitely Faith's best writing. I thought Garden of Goodbyes was my all time favorite. But this one is different. It's deep and emotional and encompasses everything that Faith has to offer as a writer. It has all the feels, the friendship, the angst, the suspense.
Faith really took some chances with this one, and I she NAILED it!
You will get swept up in this crazy story of heartbreak, new beginnings, friendship, loss, and angst.

I personally LOVE London as a heroine. As much as she's heartbroken and has many obstacles to overcome, she's a fighter, she's strong. And the men in her life are what make this story spicy, fun and all soooooo hot!!

Her words slay me, they're beautiful and poetic. Bottom line, its a 5 STAR and a MUST READ!!

I can't wait for the second book...
Profile Image for Becky Rendon.
3,367 reviews63 followers
September 2, 2018
Any one else singing the song when they read the title?!?! No just me, oh well.

Every Breath You Take is a whole lot of book in one. The blurb definitely gives of a suspense like vibe but the book it self is more second chance romance plus...Plus meaning and more. Its the extra package. The book with more than you bargained for.

Its a sweet second chance romance with some curve balls unless you are paying attention to the details then you are going to nail it out of the park. Just watch the pitcher because you don't wnt to take the chance on the wrong swing.

Join the crew for book two and find out how it all pans out...

reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood

Profile Image for Spunky N Sassy.
4,849 reviews102 followers
June 25, 2018
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This was a fantastic book. It’s heartbreaking, raw, real, and romantic. A must read!
Profile Image for Jenny B.
1,180 reviews22 followers
August 30, 2018
Oh the angst.... I can't tell you how much I could relate to the emotions and the character of London. The author did an amazing job bringing this story to life and bringing all these emotions so the reader feels as if they are right there in the story.

PLease bring me book 2 now
Profile Image for B.L. Berry.
Author 8 books618 followers
June 12, 2018
This book is as charged and unnerving as it is hot. Full review to come!
Profile Image for Three Chicks.
2,592 reviews416 followers
August 28, 2018
4.5 Stars
Review by Jen Skewes

I love all things written by Faith Andrews. The first book that I read of hers was Man of My Dreams, somewhat of a triangle and she put my heart through the wringer. Every Breath You take is also a triangle and this time around she had my emotions all over the place once again. This is a story about loss, hurt, pain, finding yourself and being able to move on. But it is also about love and friendship.

London’s world is crumbling right before her eyes. She finds out about her husband’s secrets and from that moment her marriage is over, her best friend who she needs more than anything is on the other side of the world for the next year, and her mother is sick. She is left to pick up the pieces of her marriage and try to move on. She has moved back in to her mother’s house and is now focused on taking care of her. Enter, Dr. Bryce Owen, who she meets when her mother ends up in the hospital London is not sure that she is ready to date again, but the sexy doctor has his ways of making her melt and saying yes to a date. She finally feels adored and happy again and hoping that nothing will get in the way. But then her best friend Sam comes back home after the year is up and let’s just say that Bryce feels a little threatened by Sam, even though London says he has nothing to worry about. But that’s because London is completely oblivious when it comes to Sam’s true feelings. Nothing is as it seems and London soon finds herself caught between her new boyfriend and her best friend and it may not be a pleasant place to be. Who will she choose?

I really enjoyed this book. Ms. Andrews had a way of toying with my emotions. I knew I loved Sam, that was a definite. But my love/hate relationship with Bryce left me wondering what this guy was hiding. There were moments where I thought that maybe he was a good guy but at the same time there was something very off about him. Then there is London who I adored and felt for but at the same time I wanted her to find that woman inside of herself who has a backbone. I wanted her to stick up for herself at certain times and truly find the woman she is without needing help from everyone around her. But I understood her and felt her pain, between her ex husband, her mother and all the craziness that went on in her life, she didn't want to feel alone.

I loved watching these characters grow, all though maybe some more than others. I think London truly found herself and I loved her. I didn’t always agree with some choices or when she seemed to be wishy-washy but I did really like her.

Every Breath You Take, for me, started off a little slow and I honestly have to say I don’t think I have ever felt that way while reading one of Ms. Andrews’ books. I wasn’t sure where this story would go but it did pick up and when it did I could not put this book down. There were twists that weren’t necessarily what I saw coming, emotions all over the place, angst, drama and still one hot best friend that I just kept falling more in love with. The ending left me wanting so much more. I can not wait to see what happens, because I believe there is more story to tell and more truths to come out. And I cannot wait!!!!!
Profile Image for MJLovestoRead.
1,838 reviews45 followers
August 1, 2018
Faith Andrews has blown me away with this first book in the Every Breath duet! If you are looking for a great angsty read, look no further. We get a strong-willed heroine in London Monroe who is just trying to start over as her marriage has ended. Now living with her mother, trying to pick up the pieces is no easy task. But as she deals with her mother's sudden hospitalization, a certain handsome doctor awakens the woman in London and what follows is one heck of a whirlwind of emotions that even London can hardly fathom.

I honestly didn't know where the Author would take us with this burgeoning romance as we get to see a side of Bryce that perhaps even London could have done without. But I liked him. I liked that London got out of her marriage to Hunter and was being appreciated for the wonderful person she was. There is a ton of back and forth and a myriad of feelings being thrown about and not even just for Bryce. The sudden appearance of Sam, London's bestie who is back from 9 months abroad, turns everyone's worlds upside down and holy moly, we're all a bit gobsmacked as the ending draws to a close.

Wow! Faith Andrews clearly knows how to write an engaging and heart-grabbing kind of story. I absolutely loved that I was taken on a surprising journey, not knowing with each turn of the page where our heroine was headed. London has a ton on her plate with Bryce and Sam, her adorable Mom and the decisions about her health and then the unexpected contact from her ex and his traveling companion! I'm here still shaking my head at how much London will be able to handle as this all comes to a head. And something tells me book two will truly be explosive with all that she has to contend with.

Yes this ends on a bit of a cliffy but man is it worth it. This is some of the Author's best writing to date and I truly cannot wait for more.

Every Breath You Take has it all: angst, romance, heat and a tenderness that keeps it real. Grab this book and hold on tight. It is quite the wonderful ride.

A solid 5 stars!
Profile Image for A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog.
2,814 reviews146 followers
August 22, 2018
The moment I picked up this book, I was intrigued!! I have read a few friends to lover stories, but this one is unique.

That prologue!! It grips you the moment you read it and leaves you wondering where is this story is going to go? I appreciate this storyline being as real as it can be while tackling the crippling emotions of divorce. The storyline flowed smoothly and is an easy read.

London is a young woman trying to deal with and handle her emotions regarding her divorce. I get it. Divorce is HARD and she needs her best friend Sam. Sam is a protective, hot alpha and wants to be there for London, but he is halfway around the world for work. London has many relatable qualities and I did like her. However, I felt that much of the story came across as London whining about the failure of her marriage, then one day she wakes up and she's practically over it? It didn't sit quite right for me I'm afraid.

I really did like this book, especially with the twist that was thrown in! I am curious to see what happens in book two and look forward to reading it! This was my first read by this author and I look forward to reading the conclusion!
Profile Image for Hopelessly Addicted To Books .
3,240 reviews100 followers
August 24, 2018
Some books are coming of age books but I would class this is a coming of self book. London has been with one man her whole life but when her marriage to her childhood sweetheart falls apart she has to pick herself up and move on.

At last a book with more mature characters dealing with real life issues that will strike a chord with alot of women. I loved reading about London as a reader you feel her pain I could imagine myself right there fighting with her to keep her head above water and not to succumb to the pain and grief.

This was a beautifully written book dealing with real issues, friendship and family love and loss and with an ending that came too soon for me I didn't want to stop reading. I need book two soon.

reviewed by Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Profile Image for Kirsten Bass.
193 reviews8 followers
August 8, 2018
Damn.. the ending! Not so sure she's really sorry with that little cliffy but somethings about to go down in Take My Breath Away ( book 2) and i'm ready.
Every Breath you Take was another Great read by Faith Andrews.

A collapsed marriage, a best friend abroad, an ailing mother and a new love interest set this journey into motion. There was romance, angst, mystery and a bit of craziness surrounding London, Bryce and Sam.. Ooh Sam, i'm rootin for ya - not to mention the mystery around Hunter and Memphis
I was wrapped up in the story, absorbing and savoring it all. I have no idea where the story is going and honestly with how it ended, im sure we are in for a few more surprises but I cant wait to see how this will all wrap up
Profile Image for Susan.
961 reviews9 followers
September 17, 2018
Okay, like most readers, I generally am not a fan of books that end with a cliffhanger. But I do enjoy the delayed gratification when I know that the next book will release shortly after, so I am alright in this instance (Take My Breath Away releases about a month after this book).

London has just ended her marriage to Hunter. They had been together since high school, and she thought they would be together forever, but that wasn't in their cards. After moving back in with her mother (who is sick), she ends up falling for Bryce, who happens to be her mother's doctor. But waiting on the sidelines is Sam, London's long-time best friend.

This book was just wow! Often when dealing with love triangles (and while I would consider this that subgenre, it wasn't overwhelming), the female main character comes across as wishy-washy or indecisive. And while London had moments of this, she was much stronger than most. I couldn't help but root for Sam to pull through, and I guess we'll find out if he perseveres in the conclusion to this duet.

I definitely recommend Every Breath You Take!
Profile Image for HMS.
1,412 reviews77 followers
October 30, 2018
So, I didn't love it, nor did I hate it. The heroine, London, in my humble and violent opinion, needs a good shake and a slap. Girl get yo shit together! She is constantly overwhelmed and has a penchant for pulling her hair while crying, screaming or doing both. I'll give her some slack tho, London has plenty of reasons to be overwhelmed, husband's surprise divorce request and subsequent move to Arizona (there is something more to this and I believe it will come out in book 2) oh and the fact that he didn't pay the mortgage and gambled away the payments and their savings...don't get me started on her lack of financial savvy and knowledge of what the FU** was happening in her own house. London starts dating a lovely doctor BUT her best friend Sam comes back from his work assignment in China and BAM, bizarre love triangle. The lovely doctor, Bryce, turns out to be not so lovely, making the choice easy for her, thank goodness!

So all in all it's not a terrible book, but could have been condensed to one book if a lot of her mother's illness discussions (nothing changes, really, same old same old) and some of the inner most feelings of a dimwit were edited from book 1. Oh speaking of editing, plutonic and platonic are COMPLETELY different things. But maybe the author did mean solidification of magma and I'm the simpleton.
Profile Image for Lisa.
778 reviews5 followers
August 27, 2018
Faith Andrews never fails to create a world that grabs me from the very beginning and keeps me enthralled until the very last page. Every Breath You Take is no different and it still hasn't let me go!
It is absolutely full of the feels and I felt every single one of them!
My heart ached for London while she was going through all of the emotions of a divorce that shook her core. Then watching her heal a bit when she meet Bryce, my heart healed a bit right along side of her. Then when her best friend Sam returns from working abroad I couldn't help but fall head over heels in love with him. And I will say I am rooting hard for that man!
I was completely captivated by this one and I couldn't get enough. Every Breath You Take is a definite MUST READ! You will not regret one-clicking this one I promise! The cliffhanger at the end has my anxiously waiting for the next in this duet! Some stuff is about to go down and I need it!!!
Profile Image for Sissy's Romance Book Review .
7,522 reviews16 followers
August 25, 2018
Every Breath You Take by Faith Andrews is book One in the Every Breath Series. This is the story of London Monroe and her life after her divorce to Hunter. London is back with her Mom and caring for her Mom's heath which has lead her to meet Dr. Bryce Owen. Which has lead to some awaking in London but then her best friend Sam Goodwin (Male) shows up and that adds to her growing feelings toward him when they build a more intimate closeness. But just when things start to work there way out something else is thrown at her which will lead us to the next installment in her story.
Really enjoyed this book and excited for the next installment.
Profile Image for Sissy's Romance Book Review .
7,522 reviews16 followers
August 27, 2018
Really enjoyed this book and excited for the next installment.
Profile Image for Karen Mc .
911 reviews724 followers
August 31, 2018

WOW!!! I just read my first Faith Andrews novel and was BLOWN AWAY by Every Breath You Take!!! From the moment I read the prologue, I knew this book would break me and that it did. Oh how I broke for this hero and heroine! Words pulled at my heart, hitting it hard, tugging me into this tale. I felt this story so much. It’s so raw that it feels real with emotionally rich and witty writing that tugs at the heart. There’s an ease, a comfortable flow to Faith Andrews’ words, that feels as natural when reading as air to breathe. An authenticity that makes Every Breath You Take more compelling. Believable. Beguiling. Breathtaking. Beautiful.

A powerful and poignant friends-to-lovers romance with all the feels, Every Breath You Take will render you breathless and aching for more. I caught myself holding my breath again and again. This heartbreakingly touching tale of unrequited love bleeds angst and simmers with smolder and swoon—and I ached for every word. Steamy. Suspenseful. Swoony. Sensational. This is the story of life altering what we thought was our destination, but trusting in that detour to a better path.

”I tried not to love you, but it was impossible.”

You’ll fall in love with the heroine as you embark on her whirlwind of an emotional journey with highs and lows that hit the heart. You’ll adore the oh-so-handsome hero, swooning at his heartfelt words and aching for his plea of love to be answered. You’ll feel
the undeniable connection of these friends on fire and will want—no need—it and them—to be more. This is a book that puts you right into the shoes of the characters, as if you’re in their story, and has you asking: What would I do?

”You’re my every breath. Do you see that now?”

This is one epic and emotional journey that surpasses all expectations. Deep, devastatingly beautiful, and brutally honest, Every Breath You Take is a journey of complex love and forever friendship, a tale that touches the heart and sparks the soul. My heart beat for this heartfelt book that made me breathless as it stamped itself all over my soul. Every Breath You Take is a fall-in-love story with all the feels that I felt all the way. So engaging. So emotional. So EVERYTHING.

Love without passion, without infatuation, isn’t real love at all.

💋💋💋💋💋 beautiful, broken, and breathtaking kisses

➡️ https://amzn.to/2N1qGB0

Website: http://www.bookaliciousbabes.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bookaliciousb...
Readers Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/BBBBoo...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bookaliciousbb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bookaliciousbb
Profile Image for Meghana Sarathy.
Author 9 books196 followers
August 17, 2018
I am really confused about this one. I liked reading it and it was beautifully written but when it comes to the story and the over-all plot, I have mixed opinions.
Maybe it's just me, but I found the blurb to be misguiding. It wasn't false or incorrect but it wasn't the highlight of the story like I had expected it to be when I started the book. This false expectation kept me waiting for something that never happened. IN fact, I had even convinced myself towards the end, I will be in for a shocker or a big twist that would blow my mind but I was disappointed with the ending from a plot perspective. It was too easy and convenient and nothing BIG happened. It felt too smooth and easy like the whole and wait was for nothing. Again, this might be because I had a different expectations about the central plot. What I hoped to be the central theme was sidelined and that particular character was just pushed aside without much of a good resolution, leaving many questions answered about his departure. I don't think I can expect that particular storyline to continue in the sequel as it seems to involve the presence of other characters..so that's kind of left me confused and disappointed.
But if I treat this a normal contemporary romance and more of love triangle then yeah, it was indeed a sweet love story ( friends to lovers type) albeit slow at places. It's not that pace was bad, but it could have been better in many ways. Instead of trying to add suspense by masking 'who' the apparent bad guy or obsessive person is, the revelation at an earlier stage could have been much better. This felt rushed, confusing and I still don't get why just some actions of one of the guy made him so bad. It somehow doens't add up to how much the book tried initially to pain him in good colours. I know even this review is kind of messy but that's because the story itself left me with such conflicted questions on what exactly the author was trying to suggest and if I am the one missing the point?!
As far as the characters are concerned - I can only talk about London. Talking about Sam and Bryce would spoil the story. She was okay as a main protagonist. I didn't love her but I had nothing against her either. She was a wonderful daughter and I loved her mom. Her two friends are mentioned in passing but when she actually needs them, they are not around..so she was mostly left with only Sam and Bryce. None of the other characters are important for this book
I kind of feel that maybe the author started this book with something in mind but she took a break, continued it, but then she changed the story and tried to accomodate these changes in the start as well. It was written well, but the story didn't impress me all that much with its inconsistent tones
Again, it was an interesting read and I will definitely be reading the sequel as well as other books by Faith Andrews ( Garden of goodbyes is one of my all time favourite) but somehow this book didn't leave upto the mark for me.
Profile Image for Heather Navarre.
656 reviews1 follower
August 12, 2018
Where oh where do I even begin with this book? Ill tell you where I end with it....Getting my hands on part 2 ASAP because where this book ends....Oh My Gosh!

We begin this book with London finding out that due to Hunters (her HS sweetheart) gambling they have lost everything. I had every emotion known to man happen in just the first 4 chapters alone. From there the story goes in to London finding the new normal for her and the emotional rollercoaster for us continues.

Bryce enters the picture (he is a hot doc she met at the hospital) and he is a mystery, we find out a little bit about him during the course of the book, but we find out a lot more towards the end. I am not sure if he will make an appearance in book 2--he could to mess things up but after reading the ending I think things are going to get messy enough!

Sam is her best friend and he is away for work for a year at the beginning. With him are secrets and we find out what those are during the course of the book.

There is a lot of growth for our characters especially London as she has to find who she is after her divorce.

As in all stories there is conflict and heartache and of course it wouldn't be a good story without all hell breaking loose. It ends with all the hell breaking loose and I am not sure I would call this a small cliffhanger, this was a cliffhanger of epic proportions. I can't even begin to imagine where Faith Andrews is going to take us in part 2. And while I don't want time to go faster than it does I wish it was October 1st! This was my first read from Faith and I will be reading more as I LOVED this book.
Profile Image for Heather Carver.
576 reviews7 followers
August 16, 2018
This book is a great read. You have to just keep reading through the whole book (the end is worth it.) I got frustrated with a lot of the beginning parts of the book. I get people are blinded by love/lust, but it’s hard when you can so clearly see how bad that person is. I have some very mixed emotions where this book is concerned. I really didn’t like some parts and loved other parts.

I’m a little biased myself because I have rose colored goggles where Sam is concerned. I love him! He’s mine!! From page one he grabbed ahold of my heart and never let it go. So therefore anyone else just wasn’t worthy. Sam made this whole book worth reading!!!!

London I have some choice words for in places! I wanted to jump through the page and shake her. Knock some sense into her. I really hope she’s different in book 2. I want her to learn to not rely on everyone else to do things for her and make her happy.

I really feel like Bryce was just all wrong for London from the beginning of the book, but maybe it was because I have rose colored glasses on 😉 He was way too possessive and jealous for me. Sam has been around for years!! Of course London is going to have a special connection to him. Get over it!!!!

While I didn’t really think the cliffhanger was that major, I wish I had book two in my hands because I do really want to know what happens next. I will be reading book two as soon as it’s available. I have to know more about Sam, London, Bryce, Hunter and Memphis.
23 reviews3 followers
August 8, 2018

Okay now that I finally took a moment to compose myself let’s start this review.

I’ll start off by saying Faith Andrews has always been my one click never miss a thing she writes author. Her words always have a way to kick up the emotions then soothe your soul and make you a better person after reading, I don’t know how she does it.

This is hands down Faith’s best work to date, the characters, the story line, the depth, the emotions all of it.. it’s like coming home. It’s a story that will make you feel things so deeply that you don’t want it to end.

London is such a strong female lead, even tho she’s struggling she manages to push on and doesn’t give up. She was dealt a crappy hand but somehow used her pain to make her stronger. I just adore her character and connected with her instantly.

There are 3 males in this story, Hunter - the ex, Sam (oh dreamy Sam) - the best friend and Bryce - the doctor new boyfriend. Each of these men play a key role in a London’s story, you will quickly love, hate or be on the fence with each one.. the depth each character has leaves you understanding why London feels and is the way she is. The story does end in a small cliffhanger but before the cliffhanger you get a wrapped up story that leads into another story. I’m so glad there is a book 2 because I need more of these characters in my life. This book is a must read.
Profile Image for Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨.
2,038 reviews5 followers
August 27, 2018
Oh. My. Heavens... can this woman tell a story! I loved her main character, London. I mean, how low can you go before you’re just laying in the bottom of the barrel? But then, that bottom drops out and you fall even lower! Who the hell knew that it was possible to go lower than the bottom. I loved watching her claw and scratch her way out. Mrs. Andrews wrote such a heartfelt and heart-wrenching story. I was completely able to relate to London, perhaps not the in exact way. However, I think most of us has hit bottom only to have that rug pulled out from under us.

I really really enjoyed the writing in Every Breath You Take. It’s not often you can find one book that encompasses so many relationships but this one really focuses love, friendship, and family, saying goodbye to previous lives, and starting a new adventure. I really enjoyed the hope it made me feel. When you don’t give up and give in, life can give you new chances and new opportunities. Mrs. Andrews gave us some really great characters that were deep and complex. Her storytelling and just the depth of her understanding in life was beautiful. I’m so looking forward to the next book.

I received an ARC of this book with the hope that I would leave an Unbiased Opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that... my opinions.

Check out my Blog: Next Book Review
Check out my Facebook Page: Next Book Review Facebook
Profile Image for AnneKR.
862 reviews22 followers
August 27, 2018
Hunter is London’s high school sweetheart and they married at a young age. She’s only ever been with him and thought they would be together forever. But Hunter’s lies and deceits have caused London to end her marriage with a broken heart. With her mom sick London moves back to her childhood home to take care of her. Months later while she is at the hospital with her mom she runs into Dr. Bryce Owen. Bryce is charming, charismatic and very much interested in London. But with London still not over Hunter she doesn’t plan on dating anyone. But Bryce has other plans and refuses to take no for an answer. They begin seeing each other and she finally feels like she can trust and possibly love again. And it’s at that time her best friend Sam has returned home from working abroad in China.

Unknown to London, Sam has been in love with her for a long time. Keeping his feelings to himself, he stepped aside so she and Hunter can have a future together. But after her marriage ended he finally decides it is time to tell her how he feels. But when he returns home he finds out that she is dating another man. Is Sam going to keep quiet and step aside again? Or will he finally tell London?

After an emotional journey of putting her past behind her and finding love again, London is blindsided by a phone call. We will have to wait for book 2 in this duet to find out what happens next!

I voluntarily read an advanced reader’s copy.
August 12, 2018
Every Breath You Take (Every Breath Duet Book 1) by Faith Andrews is a contemporary romance with a touch of mystery. The story follows London Monroe as she moves in with her mother who is having serious health issues and navigates the painful transition of going through a divorce.

Starting over isn't easy, and London is having a difficult time of it alone. Her best friend, Sam Goodwin, had just begun a year-long work assignment in China when London's marriage fell apart. He's been as supportive as possible from thousands of miles away, but phone calls are not the not the same as being there.

Nearly a year after splitting from her husband, London begins to explore a new relationship with the confident and mysterious Dr. Bryce Owen. Things seem to be off to a great start between them until Sam returns home and shakes everything up leaving London confused and torn between the two.

Overall, this was an enjoyable read. The love triangle is resolved by the end of the story, but since this is the first book in a duet it does end with a cliffhanger. I'm looking forward to the conclusion in book 2.

* I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC. *
Displaying 1 - 30 of 111 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.