Start by marking “Blood Sipper” as Want to Read:
Blood Sipper

Blood Sipper

In this short novelette, Victorian London has been plagued by numerous murders where the victims, all fallen women, have had their entrails removed and their throats slit. Five ghastly murders stand out, leaving one to wonder; does the devil walk among us?

This is not a story of the Canonical Five, this is a ghastly tale of the beast behind the murders and what becomes of h
ebook, First Edition, 33 pages
Published March 31st 2018 by Sera Blue

To ask other readers questions about Blood Sipper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Sipper

Start your review of Blood Sipper
Terence Baines
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing read, short but oh so very sweet. It offers an interestingly delightful look at Old London nightlife with a good dark horror twist. From the moment i picked it up i could not put it down.
Mr Pink ink
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
If you like excellent writing, great storytelling and a quick burst of dark drama, this is the book for you!!

Find my full review here:
Kelan Gerriety
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blood Sipper puts a new spin on the Jack The Ripper mystery, giving it a paranormal twist. The writing is smooth and fast paced, much like the vampires themselves. V Rensburg took the romance and sparkles out of vampires and gave them back their true nature. They're scary, voilent, charming and haunted. Basically everything you want in a vampire horror story! ...more
Gina-Rae Proxy
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read this in half an hour. The main character is very tortured in a classic Frankenstein's Monster kind of way. Blood sipper is written using flowery language also akin to the classics, especially since it's set in London. It was very saucy and I'm sad there wasn't more story to it. ...more
Katia M. Davis
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 really. I was in two minds about this one and read it through three times to make sure I wasn't giving a knee jerk reaction. After a bit of a mental struggle, I decided to give it a review edit because the story idea is delicious and it deserves the attention. I'll sound mean and picky, but I think the author has something potentially great here and it just needs a polish.

The cover is wonderul, I love it. The blurb offers something dark and horrid. The story execution didn't resonate for sev
Matthew
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blood Sipper—a haunting novelette by author Ilse V. Rensburg’s—gives us a glimpse into the darkness of a man (or monster?) who skulks about the shadows of Victorian London. His inner torment is matched only by the danger that clings to him like a second skin; his thirst is as unconscionable as it is unquenchable.

The plot’s pace remains steady throughout, with moments of pulse-pounding terror threatening to explode into fits of violence. Rensburg extensive lexicon will keep readers on their toes
Gina-Rae Proxy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dear Boss,

At the time, I actually didn't enjoy this book. But to be honest, I can't get it out of my head. And that is simply the sign of a good book.
A vampire retelling take on Jack the Ripper, This book has done some research. I loved the inclusion of the Spring Heeled Jack (which is a pretty obscure urban legend) and I loved the ending. I recently found myself in London doing a Jack the Ripper Walk and attending the museum, and was surprised at all the synchronisities that came up in Blood S
Nikita Boshoff
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nataša Xerri
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read, although it was surprisingly short even for a novelette. In saying that it was great to have the perspective of the killer himself. Rensburg did an incredible job of bringing the story to life and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only thing that gave me real pause was the way the book was laid out. So many paragraphs! It distracted me from the story from time to time. Overall though an excellent story and written very beautifully.
Kera
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Combining my love of Vampires and of Jack the Ripper? YES PLEASE! Ilse weaved together a wonderful web of words for this story. Its written beautifully, and grasps your attention from the first chapter.
Mike Alan
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great Jack The Ripper retelling
Bradley Gibb
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short Jack the Ripper read, good pacing, interesting new take on it.
Christie
Dec 06, 2018
Carmen Taxer
Jul 08, 2019
Ilse Rensburg
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Thalia Lopes
Nov 30, 2019

• Clockwork Renegades Vol. 1
  • Ethereal
  • Heka and the Colour Thief
  • Into the Dark (EON Series Book 2)
  • Misfortunism (Misfortunism Series Book 1)
  • Clockwork Renegades Vol. 2
  • Crimson Skies  (EON Series, #1)
  • Sleight of Hand
  • Our Immaculate
  • Relative Scale
  • Shadows of Carnage (The Progenitor Trilogy Book 1)
  • Hacked
  • The Dragon Child (The Dragon Child, #1)
  • The Black Cube
  • Geography Club (Russel Middlebrook, #1)
  • Painted Moon
  • Wild Things
  • Flight to the Horizon
Ilse V Rensburg (B. November 20, 1989) is a South African author of young-adult, urban and dark fantasy novels. A self-proclaimed verbivore with a passion for puns, Ilse has a BA in Languages and Literature, and an ineffable love for cats.

News & Interviews

“My soul has been severed in two, like Yin and Yang, these parts interlace. Only, both are beasts.” 2 likes
“My ravenous gaze devouring every inch of her visage, from the gentle branching of lines that wing from her sunken eyes to a paltry splattering of freckles that mottle her bottom lip.

She smiles.”