Start by marking “Song of the Soul (The Muse Chronicles Book 7)” as Want to Read:
Song of the Soul (The Muse Chronicles Book 7)

Song of the Soul

(Muse Chronicles #7)

His destiny is tied to hers…

Mikolas Leandros carries the Guardian’s mark, and has been working behind enemy lines trying to protect the Muses from the Order of the Titans. The moment he lays eyes on Trinity Porter, the Muse of Music, a power awakens inside of him, a primal need to protect her.

Trinity has lost two of her Muse sisters to the Order of the Titans, and just
Published November 26th 2018 by Lisa's Lair

To ask other readers questions about Song of the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song of the Soul

Start your review of Song of the Soul (The Muse Chronicles Book 7)
Nicola
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spoiler-free series review!

Greek mythology is given a sexy, eventful modern-day twist in Lisa Kessler’s Muse Chronicles series, as the latest generation of Zeus’ reborn (mortal) daughters meet the men who, unbeknownst to them, were always destined to be their (also mortal) guardians.

description The gods were petulant and vengeful, and humans were nothing more than disposable playing pieces.”

description

Hard and fast falling is very much on the cards as each muse finds her guardian, and whilst some of the men are
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
4.5 Stars

Kronos, the King of the Titans and God of time, has broken free and walks among us. In his human form he is Kevin Elys. His primary goal is to hurt his son Zeus, by killing his nine reborn daughters known as muses. Kronos’s secondary goal is to destroy the world.

For a millennium, Zeus has known his father would return. The question was when. “Every generation the nine daughters of Zeus are reborn, and with their rebirth are also nine Guardians. They will be marked by the gods, and given
Elaine
What a moving conclusion to this enthralling series this proved to be! It is a delightful mix of Greek Mythology and the nine Muses in a contemporary setting, with the Muses endeavouring to open the Theatre of the Muses despite the efforts of the Order of the Titans striving to thwart their endeavours. It is an intriguing story as Mikolas Leandros has been working undercover with the Order of the Titans, becoming their leader, but he's really a Guardian, someone chosen to protect one of the ...more
Penny
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One thing I know for sure: a book in this series will make me cry. And, yes, I cried at the end. The concluding book in this series was full of love, redemption, hope, and inspiration. I hate to see a series end, but eventually they all must, and this one is ending on a bang. We get to finally see Trinity get her Guardian, and all of the Muses finally prevail over Kronos. I know that might be a spoiler, but no one really expected them to lose. LOL! The only thing I wish is that the book had been ...more
Olivia Welch
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wowser

Review copy-
I got the chance to review this book before it comes out and I have to say, Holy Cow!! This is the last book in the series and it is so sad to see the end of this Beautiful series. This story is about Trinity and Mikolas and their story doesn’t start in a good place. We see the struggle to trust and save the world. I loved this story and the ending but it through me for a loop. I recommend this series to anyone!
Patricia
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the seventh and final book in the Muse Chronicles series . Mikolas and Trinity's book . MIkolas is Trinity's guardian but he has a lot of work to do to convince the muse of music that he is a good guy . Not the bad guy she thought he was . She is doubtful that he is her muse but when Kronos is on the loose and the stakes are high for Trinity and her sisters . Will MIkolas and Trinity realize that love will get through and love is the only thing that is worth fighting for.
I love all
Paula
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is a bittersweet feeling when a series comes to a close, as such is the case for the Muse Chronicles by Lisa Kessler. While I could hardly wait to see the Theatre of the Muses open, the Muses surviving and the world saved, it is sad to say goodbye to these strong women and their Guardians. BUT what an explosive finale Song of the Soul gives us!

Trinity and Mikolas Leandros have a “enemies to lovers” story that makes the ending book so exciting even with Kronos on the loose. I especially
Bobbi Haden
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this final book of the Muse Chronicles. Lisa brought the story of Zeus’s daughters to life in this series. I so enjoyed the different muses and their guardians, and how each generation, had the pairings, but this generation was the one to bring the prophecy to fruition.

Trinity and Mikolas didn’t seem to be destined as the last paired Muse and Guardian, but fate, and a little help from the Gods, pushed these two into what becomes a very strong and inspiring couple.

Mikolas was raised as
Teri
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Time has come for the show down. Father against son or muse/guardians? This time it will be for keeps and of course to save the world. Everything they have worked for is now happening, the grand opening is almost here. Trinity is gun shy after everything that happened with Ted and now her muse is the one who tried to kill them. They will all have to find a way to forgive and move on since they have to work together. Mikolas thought his muse was dead but finds out Trinity is his muse. He will ...more
Angel Hatfield
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trinity is the modern incarnation of the Muse of Music, one of the 9 daughters of Zeus born to inspire mankind. She and her 6 remaining sisters are just weeks away from opening their theater meant to inspire people world-wide. Mikolas is her destined Guardian. While infiltrating the Order from the inside, Mikolas must convince Trinity, her Muse sisters and their Guardians that he’s really on their side and Kronos is determined to destroy mankind.
This was a pretty good book. I’ve read most of the
Jen
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book in the Muse Chronicles series and I highly recommend reading them in order, even though each book has its own ending.

In Song of the Soul we get Trinity's story - she is the Muse of Music - and the last of the Muse 'sisters' to be without a Guardian.
Mikolos Leandros knows he was tagged as a Guardian, but thought his muse was lost to him until his Mark came to life when Trinity was in danger.

With Kronos and his brother on the loose and determined to bring an end to
JodyL
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spectacularly amazing!

Spectacularly amazing! This book brought me to tears several times while reading it. I adored every book in this series. I am so sorry to get to the final book because that means that I won't have any more Muse stories to look forward to, but it ended with a bang.
Trinity doesn't want to fall in love, trust a man and be hurt again. So when Mikalos steps in as her guardian, she pushes him away. Can these two work together to save the world from Kronos? Will Trinity be able to
Denise Van plew
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just had to open up this one but knew it would also be a bit of torture since it is the last one. Really good series that captures you at every turn with characters that leapt out of the pages. Mikolas and Trinity will be the main attention grabbers here with others though too. Already on edge this author will give us her all with this one. The best thing of all with the most power I do believe comes to the forefront. She will wrap us up in this one as she finishes it with the drama fitting ...more
Lisa
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In a year where I’ve read very little, it speaks volumes that I’ve read – nay, devoured the Muse Chronicle series, including the satisfying conclusion, Song of the Soul. Trinity and Mikolas’ destinies were alluded to in a previous book, but the details of how these two come together as partners was still very thrilling to read. I enjoy this series because while there’s the overall plot regarding the muses and the dangers they face, we are still treated to the burgeoning relationships and the ...more
Dana Busenbark
So happy to finally have Trinity's story! When Mikalos does something to honor Nia, what is it and what happens? Wow! This book was incredible! Not only did we get to the day the theater is supposed to open, but there is more action than that going on. We see some of the best things about humanity in this story> We see love, hope, self-sacrifice, self-worth, family (both blood and chosen), and so much more! You really need to read these books in order, from beginning to end. For me, tissues ...more
Aurora
Shelves: mythology
Perfect Ending

This was a wonderful way to wrap up the series and the way that it ended I believe truly captures the spirit of the Muses in mythology and how they are represented in this series. I enjoyed reading and feeling the connections between the Muses and their Guardians and how well they fit each other. I’m sad that the series has come to an end, but this series will always be a go to for one of my favorite depictions of the muses and a modern take on mythology.
Cindy Foreman
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh ... what an ending to a series!! Read it , you'll not regret it!
Victoria McClure
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Conclusion to one of the best series I have read Yet!
April Mollenkopf
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe this is the end. Great conclusion to a great series. Mikolas was one of my favorite guardians. I loved how they all came together in the end and how the other guardians and muses came to accept Mikolas even though his beginning was pretty bad. Can’t wait to see what comes next from this author.
Gina
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am sad to see this series come to an end. How cool would it be to be a muse and have a hunky guardian. The relationship between Mikolas and Trinity, the muse of song seems doomed before it starts. All of the muses and their guardians believes Mikolas is the enemy. But turns out he has always been looking out for them. They will need to trust him if they are going to stop humanity from being extinguished. I received a complimentary copy and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Denise
Wonderful!

I had read the first 6 books, then has to wait for this one. It was worth it! The book has every emotion in the spectrum. I couldn't ask for more.
Cheryl
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It has taken me days to write this review because I knew once I did this series would truly be over. Sigh. This story was exciting with intense confrontations between good and evil along with the final and best love story.

This book is a stand-alone but reading the series in order would enhance your reading pleasure.
Bobbie
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Sadly this is the last book and definitely is a must read. Trinity will come to trust and love the one person she thought to be her enemy. The muses and their guardians will fight to save all from Kronos.
Donna
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Song of the Soul is the culmination of the Muses story. All of the surviving muses have found their Guardians but Trinity the Muse of Music. When she finds out that Mikolas is her Guardian she figures the Fates are out to get her. First Ted and now Mikolas both part of the organization that is out to destroy the Muses and their Theater of inspiration. But all things are not as they seem and watching the truth come to light is as much fun as watching the Muses and their Guardians take on the ...more
Brenda M.
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-again
Trinity may carry the embodiment of the Muse of Music in her soul, but her love life hit a sour note, and she's not looking for a repeat performance.
Now, The Fates are surely channeling Loki if they've made Mikolas Leandros her Guardian.
Granted, he's easy on the eyes, built like a Greek God, and makes her heart strings hum. Trin has sworn off love and its entrapments. But her sisters and their Guardians will have to join forces once again to save themselves and humanity.
As the Muses try to
Becki
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Song of the Soul

This book brings the series to a close in spectacular fashion. It's full of emotion. Not only did I get my hero/heroine book HEA, but it goes beyond and expands on the characters from each of the other books in the series. Great series. They don't have to be read in order, but definitely do not read book 7 before the others.
Tania Rodriguez
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!! I Loved it.

It brought tears to !y eyes many times. It was such romantic story and I love it. It was an EPIC ending. I cried when Ted died. You did write anything about him after his death and was expecting something after. Anyway. EPIC ending. Looooooooooove it!!!
Hailee (haibooklovers)
Thoughts on the series:

3.5/5 stars

Each of the books was super cookie cutter (to the point where I think actual lines of dialogue were reused) but the idea of the story itself and the characters were interesting enough that it didn’t bother me overmuch.

Would I reread the series? Probably not, but it was fun the first go!
Kristina
rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2018
Debra J Finley
Sep 15, 2019

• Not a Hero (Sons of the Survivalist, #1)
  • Echoes of Fire (Mercury Pack, #4)
  • Shards of Frost (The Mercury Pack, #5)
  • Raff (The Vorge Crew, #4)
  • Shadows (Dark in You #5)
  • Easy Fortune (Boudreaux, #5.5)
  • Untamed Delights (The Phoenix Pack, #8)
  • 'Roo and the Angel (Furry United Coalition, #7)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
  • Forever Broken (Talon Pack, #9)
  • Cursed (Underground Encounters, #0)
  • Moonstruck (Crossbreed, #7; Mageriverse #21)
  • Coldest Fire (Dominion, #3)
  • York (The Vorge Crew, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Secret Marriage (Limitless Clean Billionaire Romance #1)
  • Easy Magic (Boudreaux, #5)
  • Cash (The Henchmen MC, #2)
  • Hollywood Princess
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled

Muse Chronicles (7 books)
  • Lure of Obsession (Muse Chronicles, #1)
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • Breath of Passion (Muse Chronicles, #3)
  • Light of the Spirit (Muse Chronicles, #4)
  • Devoted to Destiny (Muse Chronicles, #5)
  • Dance of the Heart (Muse Chronicles, #6)
“She smiled. “I don’t think your body is up for sex.”
He glanced at the bulge in his pants and back to her. “I think parts of my body are.”
2 likes
“Some of the best victories in history came about when well thought-out plans went to shit.” 2 likes