Start by marking “The One I Love” as Want to Read:

The One I Love

Music might bring them together but their high school memories will try to tear them apart!

I thought I would put my high school heartbreaks out of mind.
But then, he comes back into my life
He's gotten much HOTTER with the years
Those gorgeous green eyes and that crooked smile makes me so WILD...
And this time he wants me to take a big risk!

And guess what?
He says "I'm the only
Published April 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about The One I Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One I Love

MJM
Making Sweet Music Together

Well Mia Ford/ Bella Winters has delivered such a heart warming, sexy yet suspenseful story for us here to enjoy. And I most certainly enjoyed this story of Charlie and Addy [aka Ada]. They dated for a short time in high school but she was too good for him and he didn't feel 'good enough' for her and didn't want to spoil her by being with him.  So he left her bitter and heartbroken. He didn't grow up wealthy but then his father made a great move and landed his business
Laila Viking
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot story that is very well written and has over the top chemistry between the two main characters. The story flows well of the pages and is captivating because of the use of words and the twists that are unexpected.

This story has nice hot scenes and a sweet romance. A story about letting the past be the past and try to get on with your life. It is not easy but it has to be confronted. Running away is not the solution because it always comes back to you. A captivating story that has a lot in it.
Raecharmed
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ada is a music teacher and for a charity event signed up to sing. What she didn't know was that there was a talent agent and another musician in the audience. Charlie was ready to leave until the voice captured his attention. He couldn't stop thinking about her even after she left the stage. Ada was still panicking after her performance so when her friend tells her about the agent wanting to meet her she wanted to freak out more. When she is introduced to the talent agent she recognizes the guy ...more
Kaye
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
IS THERE SUCH A WORD AS TWINNISM???
Oh my god. I love, love, love this book. Did that sound as dumb as I think it did? Never mind thats beside the point. This is a great treat. Smooth flowing and effortless. The was such an incredible and intriguing read. Its kept my attention on the storyline and focused totally on the coming and going betweet these two. Its not like a wow moment, its more like a fine wine you have to let breathe to get the full flavor. I think this blend definitely had the righ
Judy
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a romance story between Charlie and Addy. They went to high school and dated very shortly as Charlie realized Addy was a good girl and he did not want to end that about her and walked away from her. Charlie went on to pursue his signing career and is looking for a female partner and he comes across a fundraiser where he is there to listen to a music teacher that is Addy! Addy knows it’s Charlie right away and he does not realize it’s her. With her stage fright she learns during her perfo ...more
Sharon Richmond
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The One I Love by Mia Ford. 5 Stars*****

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

It has that thrill of excitement that just grows as you continue reading it. Sweet!!!

Both Charlie and Addy came from wealthy families, maybe a different sides of the law so to speak, but also grew up in highschool. and even back then they both felt something, ok maybe Addy more than Charlie lo!.

This story was such a energentic not only with how both characters felt, dreamed and how much their fathets play in it, but also how the story h
Magali
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great well written romance, with twists, sex scenes and great characters that I loved. The hero , Charlie, is trying to escape his past, but each time it comes back to him like a boomerang. Ada is a music teacher in high school and she suffers some other mean teachers. During a charity concert in her school, she has to sing but she has stage fright. The same night, her ex friend, Charlie, a new singer comes with his agent to hear her singing. He wants her to sing with her, but she refuses. He wi ...more
Meghann Alford
Shelves: arc
Mia Ford and Bella Winters deliver another winner that is quite interesting. The geo is not perfect and the heroine is definitely aware of those facts. But when weifhed with his sensitivity and big heart, he still comes out in top. Danger from multiple sides, lust, passion, and love are the driving forces of this story and I very much enjoyed it. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Hero, Charlie = 5/5
Action =  3/5
D
Rachael Bromley
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing read and a brilliant story. Ada sings like an Angel. She works as a music teacher and sub at a school and her students have talked she into singing at a charity event. Scared out of her wits she sings and her students are amazed. Charlie is there with his agent to see about a singer and he sees Ada. It appears to be love at first sight as he tries to get her to sing with him. What happens from here we read about a friend who needs help but loves drugs more, a father all about communit ...more
Debra
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
The One I Love

This was about two people who went to high school together. Even went out a couple of times. But as most teen boys, moved on to the east girls. Now he finds out that she can truly sing. And he needs her to sing with him. But with most things their fathers were not happy with backward being together. He came from money. Her father worked for his. Things go from bad to worse when they are threatened by her father and her ex. Will they be able to make beautiful music? Or fall flat? Th
Linda Lagrue
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mia and Bella always write the best entertaining romances. This story involves Ada a music teacher and Charlie a successful singer. Ada had a crush on Charlie in high school and though they dated nothing ever came of it. Now Charlie is back in town and they reconnect. “The One I Love” has all the elements for a great story, friends/lovers reconnecting, stalker ex boyfriend, lust, passion, intense chemistry, suspense, twists and turns and as always love. This captivating romance kept me enthralle ...more
Lynn44
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Addie and Charlie went to school together, they dated a couple times but then he ignored her and acted like he didn't know her. Charlie became a singer after high school and Addie became a music teacher. Charlie and his manager come to the school to hear a singer. Charlie is shocked to discover that the singer that they have come to hear is Addie. This was a well written story. Charlie and Addie had great chemistry and I loved the banter between them. A really enjoyable read that kept my interes ...more
R
About Ada…
She has the voice of an angel.
She's Lovely, she’s clutzy, she’s funny, she’s sincere, she speaks truth.
She’s a good girl all the way.
Even if she does nearly incite a food fight with a meatball…
She is altogether one of the most wonderful, beautiful and entertainng characters I have found in a book.
And I’m so glad I met her.

Charlie’s glad he met her, too.
After all, she’s the love of his life.
Even if it did take him a while to figure it out.

Bottom line: Wonderful. 5 stars.
Karina
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. I really enjoyed the story of Charlie and Addy. This was a bit different with the background of music in it. The characters were so connected and both had their own problems to overcome. Though they knew each other in high school they are strangers now. Both chose very different career paths yet music is the common thread. The chemistry between them is great. This was a great book with a a little drama thrown in. I loved how they were able to get over ...more
Esther Alayeto
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a captivating story with lots going on. The main plot revolves around Ada and Charlie who knew each other from high school. Ada had a huge crush on Charlie, but after 2 dates, he then ignored her. Few years later, Charlie is a famous singer, Ada is a music teacher and through a friend, he tries to partner up with her. Then you have sub plots going on of drugs, dealers, and crazy ex-boyfriend! Lots going on as they try to get their HEA.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of thi
Daniella
Shelves: arc
Love persists, even when someone walks away, misguidedly I think, and chemistry never fades. Years after dating briefly Charlie and Addy meet again and their chemistry and love is incredible. A beautifully written story, we get a clever story and wonderful characters. Absolutely lovely and highly recommend as a book. Avoid spoilers and just let the story enchant. This is a voluntary review of an advance reader copy.
S. Swanson
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC and I am leaving a voluntary review.
Charlie and Ada story was good.
Ada shy great singer and trying to find herself I think was just living life the best she could.
Charlie rich kid looking for a singer to help his career and comes across Ada that’s when things start to look up.
They do have some obstacles that they have to get over and try keep the piece but they do find each other and that all that matters.
Great read
Tammy
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fast-paced second chance steamy romance. Charlie and Addy dated in a little in high school and Charlie left to pursue his music. Addy became a music teacher and is trying to overcome her stage fright. Now he is back, looking for a female music partner and Addy is the one auditioning. I liked the characters as well as the story, the chemistry is steamy and the story held my interest throughout. A good read.
Jamie
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
***received an ARC for honest review. This was now like 3.5 but i error on the upper side. I wasn’t really for the all the singing and all that entailed. I love rockstars but not necessarily this type, whatever this was. The twist and turns were fun, they were hot together, but this just wasn’t my fave. I’m sure if I was into a more broader version of song with romance this will be a gem, but not personally.
Gladys
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this beautiful romance. Charlie and Addie's story is passionate and emotional. These two have baggage from way back in high school. I just loved the chemistry between these two very complex characters. A well written, engaging story keeps your interest. While drama and danger add extra flavor to this entertaining read. I'm posting a completely honest, voluntary review.
Melanie Jo
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from these two. Every book by them gets better and better. I loved this one a lot. Kept me intrigued and guessing the whole time. I really loved Charlie and Addy together. No matter what they endured, they were always meant to be. It was suspenseful as well, which made it more addicting to read. Great book.

I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.
Michelle
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
A second chance love story about Ada and Charlie who dated a couple of times in high school. This is an entertaining, quick read that had witty banter, humor, drama, and a romance between two people who shared a love of music. My only complaint is that I felt the characters could have been more developed and the story a little longer. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Jacqueline Ellison
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two amazingly talented authors who write so well together. This book will have you trying to figure out what will happen next. The twists and obstacles Charlie and Ada go through will keep you glued to the pages. A fantastic storyline with wonderful characters you will enjoy reading. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Addie and Charlie share a love for music but go their separate ways after a bad experience in high school. Charlie is back home and has come to the high school where Addie teaches and asks her to sing with him? Will the experience from the past hinder their future or her father? I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Modern
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m torn between swooning and feeling a bit left short. While I am happy about how the story ended, I feel a bit robbed about the details of those “after” Charlie and Ada. The characters could have used a little more fleshing out as they both came across a bit unfinished. 3.75 stars.
I received this book for a voluntary, completely honest and non incentivized review.
Emma Roberts
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another smashing book from Mia and Bella. Their books just get more enjoyable as the go.
Great book around the musical talents of two people and the worlds they have grown in in.
Highly recommended
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book
melanie allen
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amazing romantic love story, written well with some much chemistry between the main characters Charlie and Addy. Mia Ford always writes amazing romantic stories that once you start you just can’t put the book down, you just caught up in the story feeling part of it. I throughly enjoyed this book.
Pat
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story was so well written and the characters so well developed that I was hooked from the very first page and the interaction and chemistry between Addy and Charlie kept me totally captivated until the very last page!
Ann L
Shelves: reviewed
A lovely second chance romance from this dynamic duo, it's packed with action and the chemistry between Addy and Charlie was electric

I received a copy and I am voluntarily leaving my own honest opinion
Kim F
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An awesome book. Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong, intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.