Start by marking “Dining with Angels: Bits & Bites from the Demonica Universe(Demonica Underworld #7; Demonica #18)” as Want to Read:

Dining with Angels: Bits & Bites from the Demonica Universe

(Demonica #18)

In a world where humans and supernatural beings coexist — not always peacefully — three things can bring everyone to the table: Love, a mutual enemy, and, of course, food.

With seven brand new stories from the Demonica universe, New York Times bestselling author Larissa Ione has the love and enemies covered, while celebrity Southern food expert Suzanne Johnson brings delic
Published November 6th 2018 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Dining with Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dining with Angels

Sophia Triad
Food....Demons....and Angels

The book starts with a note by Larissa:
I love food. Love it. In fact, when I travel I plan my itinerary around food and drink. Seriously. I watch shows like Delicious Destinations and keep a file of the restaurants and foods featured in each country and city. Then, along the way during my trip I make sure to stop at these places. I basically eat and drink my way through my vacations...

Well...me, too.

I believe that the most secure way to understand a foreign culture an
AJ
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Demonica-loving stars!

This book was a surprising release – a cook book set in the Demonica world. Actually, it’s a series of shorts revisiting couples from the series, incorporating themed recipes from celebrity Southern food expert, Suzanne Johnson. Unexpected, perhaps, but as a mad Demonica fan I will take any opportunity I can to get back into this world, so I dove in eagerly!

To be honest, I wasn’t initially interested in the cookbook aspect of this book. I wanted it for the short stories,
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dining with Angels is a collection containing seven short stories, or slice of life snippets from characters who have previously starred in Larissa Ione's Demonica or Lords of Deliverance series. It also contains a whole collection of recipes from Suzanne M Johnson that fit the theme of the stories.

As a huge fan of the Demonica world I had so much fun catching up with previous characters and seeing how their families have grown and changed over the years. To be honest I don't think this really w
Ann Lorz
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

When I heard about this cookbook I couldn't wait to try it out. It's a mix of stories and recipes. I loved being able to visit with characters that I truly enjoy reading about. Their little stories really help you enjoy the cookbook part of this even more.

Each story story gives you a glimpse into the lives of the character but it also draws in the foods. As the characters enjoy the food so will you.

Each of the recip
Tanaka K
First of all, I love new concepts in the romance genre. I like when authors try new things especially for their series. I love when they link a fresh and spunky new thing to their books. It really gets me very excited. I am new to Larissa Ione's books. However, I decided to try a recipe book inspired by her Demonica series because I love food. Nothing goes wrong when there is food involved. I love recipes. I love trying new recipes. I used to be a professional chef and my love of food never disa ...more
Ing
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice peek into the Demonica world after the HEA. These are short little stories for some of the couples that mated and fell in love in the Demonica world. If you have not read this series do not start with these short stories. This is a book you read after you have immersed yourself in the Demonica world. For fans of this series you will love getting glimpse into your Demonica couples.

I really love seeing how some of the couples are doing. It was like coming home and catching up with family and
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

Okay it is official I need a solid month off from blogging so I can read the Demonica, Demonica Underworld and Lords of Deliverance series all over again. I didn’t realize how much I have missed these characters until I read Dining With Angels, also I will be checking out a good amount of these recipes because some sound really good. Yes, you read that correctly, there are also recipes along with short stories fr
MARQUETTA
Nov 26, 2018 marked it as dnf
Huuuuuugggeee disappointment. What was the point? I didn't buy a cookbook but that's what I got. Most of this was dedicated to recipes instead of stories. I wanted hot steamy stories about the couples from the Demonica universe. Not 20 pages of fluff...oops I mean floof. Yeah what's up with that? Floof this. Floof that. Since when did the demons and horsemen stop saying fuck?! And no sexy times?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?! I have never EVER DNFd a Larissa Ione book. I hope this doesn't happen again.
Rubysbooks
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted at Ruby's Books

It's here, it's here!!!! I’m not sure what excited me more when I first found out about this book, the fact that it was a new Larissa Ione book or a new Suzanne M. Johnson cookbook. You guys already know I love Larissa Ione, and Suzanne’s pairing with Lexi Blake in their two cookbooks is my absolute favorite thing ever. So when I heard about Dining With Angels, I was over the moon with excitement. Not only do we get new Demonica stories, but we also get de
Sheena
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I would skip

Honestly if I knew this is what I would of been buying I would of skipped it. It honestly really does not give you much of a slice of life. It gives you a “sli “ not full on.it was more about the recipes for this book. Which I can do without. This book leaves so many things open and so much foreshadowing it is ridiculous. If you really want some recipes buy this. But if you are looking for an actual slice of life this is not it. Also what is with the non cursing by the characters? Wr
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
I really liked the read. The substitution of floof for the F word was actually hilarious once I got used to it. This book doesn't really add much to the series except one important plot that ran through the various short snippets we read. So don't expect an excellent in-depth sexy read and fans of the series will love it.
Darcy
These books are always fun to read. I love all the food that is in them, but I love more that we get to catch up with each couple, to see how they are. In this one there was a lot of family time, lots of kids. It's fun to see how everyone is parenting and still trying to find time as a couple.
Tammy
Shelves: fantasy-romance
So good to see these guys again.
Miriah Oswald
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
It was nice to catch up with the characters, but it was seriously toned down. No sex scenes and no swearing. It didn’t feel right and every time the characters said “floofing” I got pulled out of the story.
It’s still super worth reading, and I can’t wait to find out what happens next with Azagoth and Lilliana.
No comment on the recipes portion as I was not interested in it :)
Brandy Muller
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mild Spoiler alert(sorta)
29% into the new book:

Preordered Larissa Ione’s new book...just now started reading it and I’m beyond disappointed. I NEVER thought those words would come out of my mouth with her. I have read all the Demonica books 6 times each since I found them.

Those with an aversion to the f-bomb will be thrilled. I, however, am beyond F-in mad.
She has infused the word FLOOF, and it’s derivatives, into the mouths of demons that murder things and drop the F word like commas. Wraith,
Tania
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: larissa-ione
"Dining with Angels: Bits & Bites from the Demonica Universe" by Larissa Ione.

So this book is like having two books in one. You get 7 short stories involving all a lot of our favourite characters from the Demonica series. Then you also get an assortment of recipes after each chapter, some recipes being featured in each story. Now being that this book is 1/2 cook book and 1/2 Demonica short stories...and the Demonica series is not PG but cook books are....the language used by the characters h
Melissa Schaub
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I’m not sure where to start... with the stories or the food....
I really loved that we were able to see these couples where they are “today” and I love that not much has changed with them since we last saw them. These are the characters that we fell in love with and even though they still tend to get themselves into situations, their relationships are still as strong as ever!
But I am really excited to try the food. My family is always looking for new recipes and I am totally going to try some
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clever idea for a cookbook!

Is it a cookbook? Is it a collection of short stories about the Demonica Universe that I've been dying to read? It depends on if you're jonesing for a Demonica fix or desperately in need of a last minute dinner idea. The stories are all wonderful and totally whet my appetite (heh) for more from the Demonica Universe. I'll definitely need to try some of the recipes too. This is one book that I think I'll have to get in paper form as well as ereader format. I like my rec
Rob
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best yet

As a die hard fan of any and all books, this compilation of intertwined stories is the best folding together of any series I have probably ever read. Not only does it have so many beloved characters but it reaffirms why series of any genre are created, because as readers, we always want more. Regardless that I have read through all of these books several times over, I will be doing it again, and highly recommend them all after these shorts.
Jessica Michelle
Dec 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was super excited for when this came out since I have read every single one of her Books from Demonica, Lords of Deliverance, and Moonbound clan.

This was a huge disappointment.

The stories weren’t that interesting and I felt like they were written by a completely different person. In every story everything was edited, even the swearing. I hope the next book actually follows the writing style of her books before this one.
Mare
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Demonica fans, LOD fans, romance, cook books
This is the most precious recopilations of after-book-life-characters stories I have ever read! It is particularly enchanting to get very detailed information of how everybody is doing. The demonica and LOD books are my absolute favorites ones inside this genre, so this is exactly what I needed during this time of the year, when my kids are driving me crazy!
Misty
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's always nice to hear from Larissa's world.
I enjoyed every one of the short stories and the glimpses on the characters.
Pleaaaaaase, I want a full novel now :(

I can't really comment on the cookbook part, but I'm sure the recipes are delicious!
Aundrea
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun way to revisit some of my favorite characters. It was great to see how they're all settling into their new lives. Also some of these recipes sound amazing. If you're a fan of the Demonica series then I highly recommend this collection of short stories/cook book.
Mrs Karen
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Epic

Love these books the most epic reads i have read in a long time. The demonic world comes to life and you can conect with each and every carector
MJ
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!! I loved getting all the updates on some of my favs. The only thing is I want to know about Azagoth and Lillian!!!!
Lisa Lenox
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ione-larissa
Interesting concept, and good recipes.
D A
interesting/fun tidbits/shorts to catch up on series couples. recipes look interesting too.
Karen
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this author but the whole “floofing” thing was ridiculous and annoying.
Beatrice Drury
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
wonderful little extended stories of the Demonica characters interspersed with some tasty recipes.
HTL
Okay I don't care about recipes (lol) so I found them annoying. Overall I enjoyed seeing the crew years later BUT I FEEL CHEATED WITH SHADE & RUNA'S STORY. It was like, two second long. Ugh.

• Blood Red Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #1; MoonBound Clan Vampires, #2.5; Otherworld Assassin, #2.5)
  • April in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #4)
  • The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld, #14.5)
  • More Than Friends
  • Love's Interception
  • The Cecilian Swan (Silent Swans #1)
  • Ashes to Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #2.5)
  • Behind the Mask (The Associates #4)
  • Three the Hard Way (ACRO, #7)
  • Hunted (Eternal Guardians #8.75; 1001 Dark Nights #62)
  • The Chosen (Elder Races, #9.7)
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • The Black Tide (Outcast, #3)
  • Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione penned her first novel at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped writing since. She has been a U.S. Air Force meteorologist, an EMT, and a professional dog trainer, and you never know when one of those interests will pop into her novels.

She lives a nomadic existence with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and son, so her writing career has been a bl

Demonica (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1, Demonica, #6)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
“He might need to pull a new trick out of his bag of forgive me tactics.
Weird. He’d always thought sex could fix everything
Son of a bitch, he was growing as a person, wasn’t he? And Shade said it would never happen. Asshole.”
1 likes
“If you can master peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for Stew, I’d be really impressed.
“Peanut butter sticks to the bread and rips it apart. It’s stupid.”
0 likes