Start by marking “Love, Music, Madness” as Want to Read:
Love, Music, Madness

Love, Music, Madness

Songwriting partners Lawson Harper and Jessa Warlow’s musical ambitions are derailed when their so-called relationship ends disastrously. However, neither Lawson nor Jessa are willing to give up on the album’s worth of soul-searing songs they wrote together—songs they’re sure are good enough to change both their lives.

Will the chemistry that fuels their creativity drive
Published April 25th 2018 by Soul Mate Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Love, Music, Madness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Music, Madness

Start your review of Love, Music, Madness
Michelle
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I always find it really hard to rate a book when I think it was very well-written, but I just didn’t connect with it at all. This is one of those books. There’s things I absolutely loved, like the writing itself. Rhys’ prose is gorgeous, her imagery perfection, and the whole thing reads almost with a rhythm, much like the music most of the book is focused on. And I loved the music aspect of the book. It was nice to encounter a story about the music industry that really talks about the steps that ...more
Ben
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reading this novel was like listening to a favorite rock 'n' roll record. It's fast paced and thrilling with some unexpected dark twists and turns. I love the characters so much, especially Lawson, who reminds me of how I was at that age, when I was trying to find my place in life and the rock 'n' roll career path I chose for myself. If you love rock 'n' roll and music-themed fiction, you'll love his book.
Narrative Muse
Read this if: An emotional coming-of-age story featuring creative characters can really grip you.

The early twenties are a tumultuous time, and Love, Music, Madness by Tabitha Rhys captures that chaos perfectly. We loved living inside musician Lawson Harper’s head as he strives to make a record that matters with a songwriter who also happens to be his ex-girlfriend. Even when Lawson’s life spins out of control due to his own questionable decisions, we rooted hard for him to figure it all out. Th
Josh Patrick-Riley
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m a sucker for this kind of book.

Maybe it’s because music has had such a big impact on my own life, but the combination of a real love for music along with emotional honesty connects with me on a deep level. Books like Perks of Being a Wallflower, High Fidelity, and the one this reminded me of most, Hairstyles of the Damned.

In all those books music plays a central role in the lives of the characters, who are in a lot of cases misfits, all while there is a frustration that their lives are not
Amanda
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had a little bit of everything - "will love win out or not?" story, small town drama story, chase your dreams to the big city story, breaking down and building up story, making it in music story, frustrations with life story, and yet all seem to flow seamlessly together. The twists and turns keep the reader engaged and the writing is fantastic. I definitely hope to read more from this author!
Ami Jordan
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. You can tell the author has musical experience. She describes several facets of the creative process, beautifully illustrates the sounds being made by the musicians, all while leaving the genre of the music mostly up to interpretation. The characters are believable as well, this book reminded me of friends I have that live and thrive in Los Angeles. I would read more from this author!
Trina Kraus
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Writing!

This is a book that you’ll try telling your friends about, but you won’t be able to tell it as well as the author so you’ll just say, “you should just read it yourself!” The characters really come alive, have realistic flaws, and the reader easily slips in their shoes and feels their emotions along with them. I love how Lawson starts out seeming like a wallflower, but blossoms into something so incredibly multifaceted.
Cindy Demone
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing Book

The first part of the book was good but a little slow, as it moved into the part where Law moved to LA I couldn’t put it down. I would never have imagined the ending and it was great, Law is a realistic character with real dilemmas, especially when he is betrayed by the one person he thought loved him.
R. Morris
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: music lovers, readers looking for new authors
I was given a copy of this debut novel by the author in exchange for an honest review. The book was published by the independent Soul Mate Publishing.

Love, Music Madness has a lot going on within its small, 200-page package. This is the story of Lawson “Law” Harper, a young, somewhat lost musician who seems to float from page to page; fortune and misfortune almost landing in his lap at random. He’s got a thing for the older Jessa Warlow, herself an ambitious musician, and a high school friend o
KarenJo Custodio
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love, Music, Madness by Tabitha Rhys was a crazy twisty emotional ride. I can’t say I was completely in love with everything, but I thought Rhys penned an achingly well-written and riveting story.

There was something magnetic and magical about this book that kept me captivated. The emotional honesty and realness in the writing style, storyline, and characters made this such a compelling and intriguing read. I liked the pacing, the imagery, the settings, and the overall feel of the story. I thoug
Cyrene Olson
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I am having a difficult time with this book, and categorizing it, as it’s marketed as a contemporary romance. Contemporary – yes, romance – no. It’s not a rock star book either. I’ve also struggled with the rating, the pros: the descriptions of everything is almost poetry. The author truly has an artistic talent in descriptions and some passages could be applied to poetry without too many adjustments and some of the passages truly linger. The cons: the characters. I never felt connected to any o ...more
Evie
Jan 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
I received my copy trough the New Adult Book Club to review.

At the moment I have read about 2/3 of the book. I find myself struggling with it.
It seems to skip important parts so I'm always wondering "where did this come from"? It makes it hard to really get into the story. I don't really like any of the characters so far.
But I will keep reading, I will finish this book and maybe I will change my review after...

So, I read the entire book. And sorry to say...I did not like it.
I did
Tracy
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Bec
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, riri-arc
I received a free copy from NABC and the author in exchange for an honest review.

I thoroughly enjoyed Love, Music, Madness. I was intrigued from the beginning and Tabitha's writing style drew me in instantly. I liked the depth in Lawson's character and how Jessa drew him into her web and he couldn't seem to break free until she practically destroyed him.

I liked how he escaped his family and how he did everything for his younger sister and decided that he couldn't stay and
Peyton Garver
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, Music, and Madness
Wow…just finished it and can't stop thinking about it. It’s definitely a roller coaster ride from the perspective of the main character. It’s raw and emotional, filled with regrets, highs and lows. The talented MC, Lawson, actually hits rock bottom. The whole story I found myself pulling for him. What I liked most about Lawson is that he is innately good, and that ultimately that goodness comes through. Hard to write more without spoilers. ;)
Vishwas Singh
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book keeps you hooked up until the end,if you are a little bit in late 20s it bring forth lot of emotions and memories. It has a little humor over how our lives are chaotic. Some parts feel like its been skipped abruptly. Its a good one time read though.
Bianca ღ
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc
Nice one!
Review to come!
Debra Branigan
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lawson Harper leaves a disastrous relationship and troubled childhood to pursue his dream of a musical career in Los Angeles. He quickly finds his niche in the music industry as well as what he considers love. But life doesn't flow smoothly, rather it becomes a dramatic emotional rollercoaster. It's hard to tell too much of this coming-of-age story of dreams and love without spoilers, but the title Love, Music, and Madness fits perfectly.
Steph
Nancy
Will Griesmer
Dan
Nov 24, 2018

• Redeeming You (Only You, #1)
  • The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend's Sister
  • Hearts Made for Breaking
Tabitha Rhys is a writer and mom with a passion for music, misfits, and subculture. She grew up in the Philadelphia suburbs and now resides in Riverside, CA with her husband and son.