Start by marking “The Boyfriend Experience (Jordan's Game Book 3)” as Want to Read:
The Boyfriend Experience (Jordan's Game Book 3)

The Boyfriend Experience

(Jordan’s Game #3)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  491 Ratings  ·  174 Reviews
From NYT Bestselling Author, JA Huss, comes a new sexy standalone in the Jordan's Game series. Oaklee Ryan needs a boyfriend but not for any of the reasons you might think...

It's a simple request. But the girl...

Well, she's not so simple. Oaklee Ryan is a pragmatist. She lives in reality, she deals with facts, and she's goal oriented. So when she paid a visit to Jordan
Published May 30th 2018 by Science Future Press

To ask other readers questions about The Boyfriend Experience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boyfriend Experience

Mindy Lou's Book Review
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc, own-paperback
This was such a fun read! I always say that I love that I never know what I'm going to get with this author and she just proves it time and again.

Lawton has had me mesmerized since his first appearance in previous books and not only was he not what I was expecting, but I loved him even more for how he turned out.

The other unexpected part....for being part of the Jordan's Game series, this was a more light and fun and really was different from his usually games with the previous couples.

Oaklee
Brandi
Do you even want my review? It's going to be a long one. Probably. Maybe. I guess we'll see.

I've wanted more of Lawton since he first hit the scene back in, what was it, Turning Back? His Turn? I don't even know. What did I know then? That I wanted more of him. I wanted to see him naked and sweaty and preferably with a man. Jordan to be exact. Did I get that? Well, I won't tell you that. What will I tell you? This book is another mindfuck that only JA Huss can provide.

Lawton needs something. H
Michelle
Shelves: 01-signed
Lawton Ayers is #Mine

It was insta-love at the closing chapters of His Turn, when Law made his debut for just a very small scene at the end of the Turning Series that was setting up the start of The Jordan’s Game Series. I can’t even explain it, but there was just this spark that was there, in the way that Jordan gives a brief description – I had to piss all over that and make him mine.

With much like the Mister series, JA Huss delivers a lot of laughs, mixed in with her trademark twisty-suspens
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Well holy Shit!!!

I freaking loved this book hard!

When I read a JA Huss book I’m never disappointed, it’s always packed with so much you just can’t put it down, then when the end is nearing you become incredibly sad because you just don’t want it to end and that’s exactly what happened to me with The Boyfriend Experience.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

When I went into this book I kind of had an idea of what it would be about, a girl hiring a guy to make someone jealous. Never in m
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
4.5 Stars

Have you ever been in one of those moods where you wanted a romance, but you weren't sure what you wanted to read? It's been happening to me quite a bit, lately. Contemporary, Suspense, Comedy or something that brings all the sexy? Well, with this book, I hit the jackpot. It had all the things.

Lawton Ayers needs help. A real estate millionaire who's sick of the city, he thinks he has the perfect plan to get away from it all and start the next phase of his life. But he needs a partner f
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
The Boyfriend Experience was positively devious. And I mean that in the best way! I loved it! The subterfuge was expertly done - and the end game impossible to guess. The beer sounded so, so good. And the Eastereggs abounded.
Full review to come.
Carvanz
Oaklee is in need of a boyfriend, but not in the way most romance heroines need a boyfriend. Lawton is in need of a female partner to help bring a big plan together. Jordan works his magic and you have the beginning of a new game.

I really enjoyed every moment of this book. Oaklee was not harsh and brash as Jordan led me to believe she would be but she was desperate and frantic searching for a way to solve her problem. Law on the other hand was the perfect gentleman in every way. Except in the sh
RentasticReads
Now that was something else—nothing quite like what I expected at all, but in an entirely good, surprising and exciting way. Actually, The Boyfriend Experience just might be my favorite one out of all the books in the Jordan’s Game series so far. It was a wild rollercoaster ride to crazy town—that’s for damn sure—but it was also sweet and refreshing and immensely entertaining.

“Like you. You’re chaos, Oaklee Ryan. This whole game we’re playing is chaos. But that’s what I like most about you. T
Kate Hastings
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just when you think you know what you’re in for with these “games”, along comes Lawton & Oaklee’s “game”.
So completely different from the first two games, this one had more of a drama-rom-com vibe, and almost zero “dark, mind fuckery” but it totally worked.
Loved Lawton & Oaklee together, the push-pull and the snarky banter adding to their underlying chemistry.
Was a fun and enjoyable read and I can’t help but think that with this read the author has (cleverly) provided us with some light,
Ari
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was low key cute which was something I was not expecting. I think Oaklee and Lawton might be my favorite couple in this series so far!
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Oaklee Ryan is the sole owner of an empire built by her father. Her beer brewery is well known and has won many accolades over the years. She is beautiful, smart and successful. She is also single. She needs Jordan’s help to take down her arch nemesis and he thinks he has just the guy for the job.

Lawton Ayers is a succesful, self made, real estate executive. He spends all of his time working and is yet to meet someone he wants to settle down with. He has pitched a TV show idea that is now gaini
Lisa Marie Barrera
OMFG!!! HILARIOUS WELL DONE!! J.A. HUSS DELIVERED THE BOYFRIEND EXPERIENCE WITH A BANG & POSITIVELY DELICIOUS!!
The Boyfriend Experience Killed Me from the Very beginning and Wonder WHERE you are going to Venture out. Yes!! There are lots of Twists and Turns like a Wicked Rollercoaster Ride of Raw Emotions!
Jordan Wells Games are No Exception....Throw in A Billionaire Real-Estate Agent Cue in Lawton Ayers and a Fiesty Successful Entrepreneur Oaklee Ryan in the Mix and BINGO!! CHAOS AT IT BES
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
A cute and a little crazy ride. Another book where the characters are linked to others, some make guest appearances. I liked this a little more than book 2, it was less complicated, a little more one-track.
Liz
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Boyfriend Experience by J.A. Huss is the third book in the Jordan’s Game series and in true J.A. Huss fashion we get a story full of the unexpected and surprises! Another game is at play where Jordan is the puppet master!

I absolutely loved Oaklee Ryan. She is so smart and quirky and has no filter and does as she damn well pleases. And because of this, not many men stick around. Lawton Ayers is sexy and charming and in need of help. But Oaklee was more than he ever expected and has him wanti
Lindsay
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Wow. I’m not sure what I expected when I started this book, but I didn’t expect THAT!

This book was awesome.

I must admit that I was a little worried. I kept having squirrel moments in the beginning of this book, and I’m not sure if it was me, or the book. I’m notorious for not reading in order (my bad) and in this case, while Oaklee and Lawton’s was a complete standalone, and they were great…I felt lost in the beginning regarding Jordan’s games. I wasn’t sure what was going on and I felt like I’
April Symes
The Boyfriend Experience was such a fun and hilarious read!!! This is the third book in the Jordan’s Game series and in true J.A. Huss experience there are lots of Twists and Turns in a story full of the unexpected and tons of love, lies and such sizzling chemistry.
The story starts as Oaklee Ryan needs a boyfriend, Lawton Ayers needs a female partner and Jordan Wells needs money. It is time to let the games begin! So what is going on is Oaklee hires Lawton to be her 'boyfriend' to lure a much bi
Melissa Fisher
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect book boyfriend found at last!!

You never know what is going to happen when you get involved in one of Jordan's games. And this one was.... Perfect! Lawton is the perfect boyfriend. Seriously I want to marry this man. And JA Huss added so much to this story that it brings back memories and makes me want to start back at the very beginning. Cameos of some of our favorite Huss characters make an appearance, and I happy danced with every one. Back to Oakley and Lawton. Oakley is a say wha
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
This book was everything! It had suspense, hot passionate sex, angst and it was so funny! I found myself smiling almost all the way through it. I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Boyfriend Experience.

This book is about Law and Oakley. Everyone thinks Oakley is crazy and Law is just plain hot. When Jordan sets these two up you don’t know what to expect. I certainly didn’t. A crazy woman and a guy who wants a partner for his tv show? This can’t possibly go right and it didn’t. Or am I pulling a Han
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
JA Huss is one of my top five authors. I buy every book she writes and love each and every one of them. The Boyfriend Experience is my favorite in this series. The characters are fun and realistic. Their life is relatable. There isn't one person around who doesn't know someone who they thought was a friend then stabbed them in the back. Lawton Ayers and Oaklee Ryan are trying to figure out where to go from this point in their life and they need each other to get there.

Another fun trip into the
Kathleen R.
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I've read many books from J.A. Huss since the moment that i discovered her - my favorite has to be the Turning Series since it was so completely different from anything i had read from her thus far. Needless to say that finding out that Jordan would be getting his own series, i was more than a little curious and so very excited. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and seeing just what kind of reach and influence he has on the members of his game.

Jordan is something of an enigma, so when
Suey_Library
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy during a blog tour with Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review***

Whew. I am honestly not entirely positive on what I expected with this novel, I mean the synopsis was like 'whoa' and my curious kitty peer pressured me into needing to read this. And now my curiosity is sitting here thinking - well nuggets, what the heck did I just read? But not in a bad way.. I just was not expecting that...

I say this because let me admit that at the jump,
Wendy LeGrand
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Wow. Just wow. I'm stumped as to where to start with this review. I have so many thoughts about this book, and they're all trying to come out at the same time. Once again Julie has managed to throw me for a loop with her stories. The Boyfriend Experience is another example of how I thought I knew what was going to happen, and everything but is what takes place.

So since I've read each of these books as they released, I knew just a little about Lawton Ayers. He's a real estate agent who is extreme
Books Laid Bare
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lighter, funny read than I anticipated but that didn’t mean that it didn’t have everything that I have come to love and expect from a story from J A Huss. Yes, I laughed my a** off but darn it I would lay money on the fact that you will too.
As I expected the story had every explosive element that I know Ms Huss has locked away in that formidable arsenal of hers and whilst there were more twists and turns than I could keep up with without the risk of whiplash, the story certainly didn’t lack em
Clare
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Boyfriend Experience by J.A. Huss was such a great read!
This is my first book to have read in this series (Jordan's Game) but not my first book by this author and as it's a standalone I dived right into the story. I was mesmerised in no time and got so easily wrapped up in all the drama that unfolded within. I absolutely love this author's style of writing, she is so quirky and different with her storylines and she easily draws you into her books with her wicked sense of humor, and her chara
Jean
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I had to describe The Boyfriend Experience in one word, it would be "FUN". The third installment in Jordan's Game quartet, TBE departs from JA Huss' usual dark and twisty and takes a walk on the whimsical side (keep in mind it's all relative). Oaklee is looking for a fake boyfriend and Lawton is looking for a fake girlfriend but it's not for any of the tried and true reasons - wedding, reunion, beard. Oaklee, the heir to a craft beer empire, has a corporate espionage problem on her hands in t ...more
Vickie
4.5 stars.

Oaklee wants the boyfriend experience and with Jordan’s friend Lawton needing a partner to parade in front of
in the hopes of scoring a part on a new tv show it seems like a match made in heaven and the perfect way of them both getting what they want out of their fake relationship. Poor Lawton really has no idea what he’s signed up for though and what starts off as a quick, easy solution soon turns into something more as he learns more about Oaklee and her reasons for wanting the boyf
Elizabeth
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Badass Bloggettes
I often sound like a broken record when I review one of JA Huss’ books, and The Boyfriend Experience is no exception. Julie is a wonderful storyteller. She knows how to grab the imagination and drop me smack dab in the middle of the action. I become a voyeur in her little world. From beginning to end it is a journey of highs and lows. It isn’t always (rarely) the journey that I think I’m going to get, but it is always a fun trip and a captivating reading adventure.

The Boyfriend Experience is
Silvia
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lots of FUN

The Boyfriend Experience, book 3 of the Jordan’s Game series, is the perfect book of pure fun. I LOVED it! I’m sure I had a grin on my face the whole time I read it. Lawton and Oaklee are the perfect couple that had me half laughing and half swooning (Lawton, squeeeee!) plus we got cameos of some fave JAH characters and familiar references throughout this tale. It was a blast as I was so delighted whenever I happened on these morsels that popped up. As usual, lingering in the backgrou
Gin
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Egads! It's like peanut M&Ms, a cold brew and a hot summer day on the water...an unlikely combination that's really good. What an entertaining, funny, sweet and sexy story that's well crafted. The characters are glorious and creative with incredible depth and beautiful. Lawton is indeed the perfect boyfriend. Is he perfectly suited businessman or rebel with a cause? He gets my vote for both. He is delicious as a businessman and his cause turns out to be Oaklee. Again, perfect! Oak ...more
Bargain Basement: $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD 1 7 May 30, 2018 03:27PM
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more

Jordan’s Game (4 books)
  • Total Exposure (Jordan’s Game, #1)
  • The Pleasure of Panic (Jordan's Game, #2)
  • Play Dirty (Jordan’s Game, #4)