Start by marking “Okami (Flame in the Mist, #1.25)” as Want to Read:
Okami (Flame in the Mist, #1.25)

Okami

(Flame in the Mist #1.25)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  804 Ratings  ·  136 Reviews
At the close of Flame in the Mist, to end a bloodbath between the Black Clan and imperial soldiers, Ōkami allows himself to be taken prisoner by Prince Raiden, Mariko’s betrothed. For someone who doesn’t believe in heroes, it’s a surprising choice: to trade his life for the lives of his friends and the one he loves. For he will surely be killed when he arrives in the Imper ...more
Published April 24th 2018 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Okami, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Okami

Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★
It was a fine read for me and I love the cover! 😍😍
Warda
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Renée Ahdieh writes like a dream.

I so need more on Ōkami, habibi!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Well, this was completely pointless. I was hoping this would be a backstory of how ōkami got his powers, but it's not :(
Sepani
Excited to read the next book !
Dannii Elle
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual rating 3.75/5 stars.

This is the first of two short story additions to the central The Flame in the Mist duology. It is told from the perspective of Okami and follows directly on from events in the first book.

This delivered a story that was not necessary for a full understanding of the central story-line but was an engaging addition, all the same. The scene detailed was not a repetition of one the reader had encountered before and it also exhibited some beautiful penmanship, conveyed deep
Manisha
Actual review: 3.5

Ahdieh is a genius! This is one of two free ‘digital shorts’ to be released before the final book of this duology. For people like me who enjoyed the first book but can’t remember the details, this is a great refresher course. (Now I can enjoy or not enjoy the next book on its own merit, rather than based on what I remember.)

We follow the thought processes of Ōkami as he is captured and taken to the capitol. In all honesty, nothing happens, but through his inner monologue I am
Alyssa
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
***Review to come***
Nadia Awadi
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Okami, I luuurve you bitch. I seriously do. BUT this wasn't a novella. Or anything really. It's just his POV after what happened in flame in the mist. It's definitely okay not to read this. It doesn't add anything to anything. But since I'm Okami trash, I will give it 3 stars.
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Perfect length for a cuppa.

A decent enough couple chapters that give us a closed look at Ōkami and what's going on inside his head during events between the first and second book.

But I don't like Ōkami, shhh.
Yusra  ✨
Jun 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
how did i not know this existed?? renee ahdieh is the queen of novellas, she has 3 for her other series, so why did i not expect this??
i think i really need to read this before book 2 because i literally remember nothing from Flame in the Mist.
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
Officially ready for the second book.
Rachael
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas, ya
"Warmth settled around his heart. Soothed his soul. Even if Ōkami died a thousand deaths, it would be worth it."

4 stars! I really loved being in Ōkami's POV and ate up every extra bit of info about his family and backstory. I wish it had a bit more of that, or was a bit longer, but I guess that's what SMOKE IN THE SUN is for. :) The last page made me SO emotional about his relationships with a variety of the characters, which I was NOT PREPARED FOR. Thanks, Renee.
Azbaqiyah
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, novella
Oh my god....

The tension is bulking up and yet the words are written so beautiful.
Ezgi Tülü
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Even if Ōkami died a thousand deaths, it would be worth it.

I'm so ready for Smoke in the Sun!
mith
But heroes, after all, were a thing to hate.

I love this line! This made me want to reread Flame in the Mist tbh. But also excited for the sequel!
Noah
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun little short story with some insight into Okami's brain. I would have liked it more if it was longer, but honestly that's my only complaint here.
Iliana Matute
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Necesito massss...
Como nos das sólo unas cuantas paginas no es justo 😭😭
Nancy The book junkie
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come!
Monique V
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Why so short!!!!

I want more! He is such an interesting character and I want to know more about his power and where it comes from! I hope the next book answers my questions!
Mel Anie
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Flame in the Mist
Mini review:
Rating: 4 honest stars ✨ (would give 5 if it was longer lol)

Okami is a short story (barely 8 pages) . It is written from the perspective of Okami and is following up narrative from Flame in the Mist.

Okami is also a good book to remind oneself how previous book ended. It's written in an easy to read way with well-blended-in-text explanation of items.

Really recommendable for fans of 1st book in this duology!
Beatrice in Bookland
"Perhaps these heroes did not exist, save for in stories.
Ōkami was not a hero. His father had died trying to be one.
Perhaps heroes were a thing to hate."

It wasn't a fantastic novella, it was too short (this seems to be Ahdieh's style tho, she always writes her novellas like this) but it was nice to read Ōkami's thoughts!

And now I need Smoke in the sun even more.
Nafeeza
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would consider this an Amuse-bouche for Smoke in the Sun. Enjoy!
Ana Tascón
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
OMG! I am not okay! Send help... and Smoke in the Sun! I need to read it now.
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
I loved it but it was too short! I need more Okami! I can't wait to read Smoke In the Sun!
Bookbuyer
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle, 2019
Gah! Such a tease! Can't wait for Smoke in the Sun! This just wet my appetite! I loved the little bits we got of what will now happen in Smoke in the Sun! I need my book to ship already! I NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *GRABBY HANDS!*
Grace Alvarez Stevenson
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sadly I read this small story after finishing Smoke in the Sun, however this small insert explains so much of Okamis behaviour when he's taken prisoner. I fell in love with this character witty smart mouth banter. Something you rarely see him do whilst being tortured and question by Roku and Radien.

"A new emotion cut through Ōkami’s core. One tinged in pettiness. The boy inside him wished nothing more than to taunt the son of Minamoto Masaru. Wished to make insinuations about the prince’s prowe
Jordanne ~ Bloodthirsty Little Beasts Blog ~
I liked the opportunities to get inside Okami's head in Flame in the Mist so I loved this too. This is a lovely short story to tide you over until the next book - a great way to slowly immerse yourself back into the world and recap the ending of the last book. It is the metaphorical bag of water you rest in the fish tank before being dropped in.

Not to mention it is currently free on Amazon! Free! I've got an ARC of Smoke in the Sun which I'm going to read pretty much right this second (despite t
Kayla
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Wow my mind Is blown by how good this novella was
Amelia Oswald
It was unnecessary to be honest. I was a meh for me
Sherna (bookwormswiftie)
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
My fave Okami

I really loved this insight into Okami's mind! Especially that last part aaaahhhh 😍 This novella made me even more hyped up for Smoke in the Sun!
THE WRATH & THE DAWN and its sequel THE ROSE & THE DAGGER are available wherever books are sold.

FLAME IN THE MIST will be released on 5.16.17.

** Please note that requests for Advanced Reader Copies should be made through Penguin, and all other requests should be submitted through the author's website. **

Flame in the Mist (2 books)
  • Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1)
  • Smoke in the Sun (Flame in the Mist, #2)
“Perhaps heroes were a thing to hate.” 0 likes