Start by marking “Darkest Perception” as Want to Read:
Darkest Perception

Darkest Perception

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  112 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
I was young, innocent, and looking to start my career in psychology. However, it turned out I was in the wrong class, with the wrong professor, at the wrong time. One decision to become an apprentice changed my entire life.

After being left with nothing, including my true identity, money, family, and friends, I was evicted from my apartment. I knew I’d have to run and hide
Published May 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Darkest Perception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkest Perception

Dri ✰
May 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
★ 1 star!! ★

Eu gostei de algumas partes desse livro e achei o enredo abordado bem interessante. Entretanto, senti a narrativa um pouco confusa e por isso não consegui me conectar com a história ou personagens. Não vi química alguma entre eles e nenhuma ligação mais profunda.

Outro ponto que pra mim foi decisivo na minha nota, é que há furos na trama e muitas questões ficaram sem resposta ou sem um encerramento adequado. E por isso o final, ao meu ver, ficou meio sem sentido devido a trajetória
Amanda
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a honest review.

Holy moly! What a read! I thought this sounded interesting when I first read the blurb but I didn’t expect to dive into a story with all these twists and turns. I thought Last Words by Shari was good but hell, this was better! I never knew what was coming next and Shari had me guessing. This has to be the best book she’s ever written. The way it all came to a close was quite interesting. I think Shari found her niche in dark, twisty
Michell Hall casper
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some authors you know what your going to get when you read there books. But with Ryan you just never know. Other then that it's going to be a good read. She can write serious, funny, edge of your seat, tear jerkers. And now this. I finished this book a few days ago and had to let my thoughts settle a little. To figure how I was going to review it without giving anything away.

This book is an edge of your seat, what the heck did I just read, read. Ryan will mess with your head and leave wondering
A.M.
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just like Harley, I fell into the rabbit hole while reading Darkest Perception. This is a GOOD thing though, well for me. I love a good twisted book and usually can figure out the twist and turns as I'm reading, but Shari J Ryan had me on the edge of my seat through the WHOLE flipping book.

If you want a unique and original story, one-click today and get ready to listen as the darkest perception takes over your journey.
Rhonda Ziglar
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5+ STARS FOR DARKEST PERCEPTION!! AMAZING is all I can say!!! OMG, this author can write any genre and turn it into a 5 star read. I absolutely loved this story, it kept me on the edge of my seat and turning pages. Harley and Axel's story was full of deceit, secrets, pasts and so many feels. If you love romantic suspense you will want to 1-click this book, it is so good. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
T.B. Cooper
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This review is for “Darkest Perception,” by Shari J. Ryan

Yet another win, for Shari Ryan! She went Dark… like, REALLY Dark, with her newest literary addition to her fictional world of characters. Without spoilers, here’s my take on this 5-star story…

Plot: Given the taglines and synopsis of the book, I still wasn’t prepared for what was in store as I began reading. I was definitely NOT disappointed, however, with the way the twists and turns played out. Shari has a special way of making the most
Kristen Lewendon
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Son of a…! That was one of the most twisted things I’ve ever read. Part political thriller, part romance, and a complete mind bender. I don’t even know how to write a review without giving away the story. It’s simultaneously frightening and sweet, and just plain messed up. But it’s also engaging and compelling and horrifyingly possible. I’m not sure if I’m going to be left with sweet dreams or nightmares tonight after reading this.
I received a complimentary advanced copy of this book.
Susan Trewick
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow, What a read this is! I devoured this book in one sitting, I couldn’t put it down once I started, the reader is taken on one hell of a ride. There are loads of twists and turns that you don’t see coming, you think you have everything figured out, but you are kept guessing and on the edge of your seat the whole way. I thought last words was an amazing read, but this book blew it out of the water! Another fabulous read from this author.

*** reviewed voluntarily ***
Samantha Schafer
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e4c, darker, thriller
Something different, keeps your mind guessing... is anything really what it seems?

This book is nothing like shari has ever written and dang it’s so good. Suspense that keeps you guessing, had me thinking 🤔 if I was in that situation what would I do?

Get this book!
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Contemporary, Romantic Suspense.

Dual-POV.

***WARNING  This review is going to be short because anything I try to say, will spoil part of the fun. YOU MUST READ THIS!!!***

Addictiveness: Above the charts addictive. It kept me on the edge of my seat from the beginning. I couldn't let go!
Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters
Emily Goodman
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ryan has always wowed me as a reader. She has proven over and over again she can write the funny, witty rom com, the sweet tearjerker romance, the thought provoking heartfelt tale and now she’s delivered a mind blowing, twisted suspense with The Darkest Perception.

There is one thing I know for sure, whatever book you click of Ryan’s you will always walk away knowing it was so worth the one click. Darkest Perception definitely fit that bill for me. In this novel, Ryan features twist after twist
Rahmayanti
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book suprise me. Although i know when Shari wanna go deep, she will go deep, i'm still suprise. This is not a romance book. Yes, there's that along the way to the end. But for me, Darkest Perception more of Mission Impossible kinda story.

Lies.
deceit.
intrigue.
secrets.
When a bright young woman with great future ahead of her got offer a one chance of a life time to apprentice under her professor, there's no way she would say no. Not only it would open the doors to her dream, it would be gr
Jennifer Pierson
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished Darkest Perception in the wee hours of the morning of 5/17/18, and have learned one huge lesson on this day...that Shari J. Ryan is absolutely, positively BRILLIANT and has serious writing chops, as she can write ANYTHING & turn it into gold! See, I'm used to her hysterically funny romantic comedy, and then this story comes along to knock me on my heart pounding a**, and the f-bombs were dropping everywhere from the twists that were around every corner all the way down the rabbit ...more
Angela's Book Addiction
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Darkest Perception by Shari J. Ryan is a dark, twisty read told in alternating points of view that will keep you guessing as the story unfolds. The heroine, a psychology major, has no idea that accepting an internship with her professor will radically change her life - and not for the better. Six months into the internship her professor goes to prison and she is forced to assume a new identity and run for her life.

She spends a year as Harley, living in hiding, trying to scrape by, barely surviv
Jolene St Germain Triggs
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Whoa! This book! Mindf*ck indeed! I don't even know where to start, so much suspense, you'll think you have it all figured out then someone does something and you're like WHAT IS HAPPENING?!? Very good, smart story that will keep you guessing (mostly incorrectly) until the very end. I really liked Harley, I liked how intelligent she seemed, she can't seem to catch a break poor thing, I just wanted to hug her lol. Axel was smart too, but what my mom would have called a 'different kind of smart', ...more
Bethany
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I knew Shari could write funny. I knew she could write sexy. I knew she can nail a second chance romance, but I had no idea she was capable of dark & twisty!

I enjoyed the suspense of the not knowing. The technology side of this story was intriguing. The characters kept you scratching your head. Who do they work for? What is darkest perception?

Entertaining roller coaster ride of lies, deceit, action and suspense with a dash of romance. Great page turner!
Cristie Alleman
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darkest Perception by Shari J Ryan will keep you guessing on how this story will end!! Believe me with all the lies, secrets & deception from all the characters you'll never see it coming... This book will have you wondering all the way through who is lying, who (If anyone) is telling the truth, and what secrets are they actually hiding.. If you like a book with Twists & Turns, I think you'll really enjoy reading this book..

I loved that Harley could give it just as good or bad as she go
April Vivas
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a ride!!!! Darkest Perception is one of the best stories I have ever read.This book literally keeps you guessing all the way up to the end. Harley and Axel don't have anywhere near a storybook romance. Their lives are filled with suspense, action, lies and betrayals. It is hard to express how awesome this really is. I don't know how the author writes such a perfect book...her imagination and thought processes amaze me. A must read that will grab you from page one!!!!
Jenny
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I couldn’t put this book down. I was on the edge of my seat through the twists and turns. Lies, deceit, love and suspense are a few things going on in this story. I love the characters. This story keeps you guessing. I received an advanced reader copy for an honest review.
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Shelley
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! This novel grabbed me and sucked me in from the very first page. This novel had so many twists and turns. I usually can figure out where a novel is going but this novel kept me spinning. Oh my gosh it was so good! I really enjoyed it, I don't want to say too much it is better to go in blind. This novel did not disappoint, soo good!
LLS
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was just.... Wow! I have never read a book quite like this one. It was twisty and full of things you never see coming. While there is a love story, that is not the main story line. You will need to read it for yourself. I didn't think I was going to like it but I ended up not being able to put it down.

Thank you so much for the privilege of reading this book! Excellent job! ❤
Rachael
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darkest Perception was a unique story that captivated me from the very beginning. I was intrigued by Harley's story. There were so many secrets & hidden motives, and the complex personalities of Harley & Axel were interesting. I loved that I never quite knew when a twist would present itself. I really loved this book, especially the epilogue. I hope Shari J. Ryan writes more books in this genre.

I voluntarily read a complimentary Advance Reader Copy.
Heather Swan
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an amazing, twisted, mind-f*ck read! I couldn't put it down. There were lies at every turn. This book was really dark for a Shari Ryan book, but wow I loved it. Can I just say Holy Twist!! I didn't see that coming at all! It was so good!
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading the romantic comedy books by this author but this one is different then those. It's a romantic suspense. It hooked me right from the beginning. It's a very twisty read that had me hooked trying to figure things out. There's a lot goign on in this story that made me wish I could read faster so I could figure everything out. This one is a definite must read.
Jacqualine Davis
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darkest Perception = MIND BLOWN! There were so many plot twists, secrets, lies, and shocking events. This book does contain a love story but it’s not your typical HEA. Harley and Axel have their moments throughout the book but the focus is on the mystery. You really need to grab this book ASAP and put the pieces together for yourself.

Fact: Shari J. Ryan can successfully write any genre!!
Michelle
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story full of so many twists and turns! How well do you really know anyone, anyway? The characters in this story may not be as they appear. I hope there is a part 2! I could read more like this!
Amy
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Harley just wants to make a difference in the world and help patients with PTSD so when she gets picked to work with Dr. Mason Phillips she jumps at the opportunity. Little did she know the world she was getting into was much bigger than she ever imagined. Axel has had a hard life never getting a break so when an opportunity comes to clear his name he is all too happy to take it regardless of the job.

So this review is going to be short because so much of the book is a mystery up until the very e
Shari Ryan
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Have you added Darkest Perception to your TBR?

17 days left.
A totally hot mind f**k.
Suspense
Passion

Oh, and you might want to cover your ears for this one... ;)
J.E. Benoit
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a hard book to review because there are so many twists and much of the events are shrouded in mystery for most of the book, there really isn't much to say that wouldn't be a spoiler. There was a lot I still had questions on at the end and some things that didn't totally come together for me, but there were also several surprises that I didn't see coming that I thought were good. If you're looking for a story that's on the darker side with an intriguing mystery to unravel and lots of twis ...more
LaTonya
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-own
Shari J Ryan can rip my heart into a million pieces with her stories and then turn around a write such a mind bender wow! So amazing!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Hi guys! I'm an indie writer of Romantic Comedy, Contemporary Romance, and Romantic Thrillers. Throughout my writing journey, I've hit Amazon's Top 100, Barnes & Noble's Top 10, and iBooks at #1. Hiding in suburbia with my hubby and two wild little boys, my active imagination allows me to live life as adult with many imaginary friends.

Looking for advanced cop