Start by marking “La librería voladora de Franklin” as Want to Read:
La librería voladora de Franklin

La librería voladora de Franklin

(Franklin and Luna #1)

Franklin lee todos los días, desde historias del rey Arturo hasta informaciones sobre las arañas, los panes o el ballet, y todo lo demás. Incluso lee por la noche, a la luz de mil luciérnagas. Franklin tiene muchas ganas de compartir las historias con sus vecinos, pero estos están aterrorizados a causa de su tamaño, por lo que acaban por huir. Es decir, todos, a excepción ...more
Published 2018 by Blume (first published August 3rd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about La librería voladora de Franklin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La librería voladora de Franklin

Start your review of La librería voladora de Franklin
Portal in the Pages
I caved. I read it immediately. Please buy this for yourself and for smaller humans who don't yet have money.
Simon
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, loved this. Franklin's Flying Bookshop tells of a dragon (Franklin) who loves books and reading to people but sadly people don't often love him. That is until he meets a young girl called Luna and the best bookish friendship begins... Adorable story from Jen Campbell stunningly illustrated by Katie Harnett. I've already re-read it twice, once to my beloved who also loved it.
Russell
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‪My 8 year old nephew read this to me tonight. At the end he said "Can we read it again tomorrow?" Enough said. The art is amazing!!
David Schaafsma
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks
Each year my family reads all the Goodreads-award-nominated picture books. Everyone rates each book and adds a comment and it may (or may not) affect my overall rating. This is book #20 (and the last of 20!) of 2017.

Tara: (2 stars). It didn't rhyme and then did and then once in a while. It had cadence and then it didn't. I didn't like that.

Harry (13): (2.5 stars). I didn't really get it, but I liked the art.

Hank (11): (5 stars). Cool! Liked almost everything about it!

Lyra (10): (5 stars). Human
Vanessa
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BookTube-A-Thon Book 5: Read a hyped book. N.B. This wasn't my planned hyped book, but hey ho - I decided to switch things up!

This was an extra, surprise book I received during the BookTube-A-Thon, and I read it in a matter of minutes. I don't normally read picture books, but this one was a treat - a really sweet story with a loveable dragon, tonnes of books, and beautiful illustrations. The book as an object alone is a thing of beauty. Great for goods, and fantastic if you love happy, pretty th
Mir
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books, picture
This was okay, but made me feel a bit cynical.

The illustrations (especially their deliberately amateurish unevenly-markered quality) and message-heavy text seemed created with an eye to adult purchasers and what they think kids ought to like rather than designed for children.

It isn't this easy to make people like you; this is like adults who tell bullied or ostracized kids, "Just be outgoing and try to make friends and you'll fit in." (one thing I appreciated about my recent read of Alan Mende
Holly Dunn
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of books and dragons
A delightful story with beautiful, vivid illustrations. I can't wait to read the further adventures of Franklin!
Kaitlin
* I was sent this for free by the publisher *

This book has been one I've been waiting for for quite some time. It's by the lovely Jen Campbell and illustrated by the EQUALLY talented Katie Harnett.

We follow the adventures of a dragon (already the best character you can choose) and a young girl who try to set up a bookshop on Franklin's back. It's quite a lovely tale, and filled with added delights of colour, form and beauty. The words and images compliment one another beautifully, and I know al
Hilary
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hilary by: Found in the library
A dragon meets a girl and they become friends. They both love books and reading and start a flying bookshop by strapping bookshelves between the dragon's wings. Nice enough idea, as if bookshops weren't enough fun, one on a dragon would be great! That was it for the storyline, the illustrations are very good, well chosen colours and an interesting style. Lovely book, although I wouldn't be moved to buy this one, happy to take it out of the library though.
Amy Imogene Reads
This was precious. I loved the art style, the soft rhyming, and the happy atmosphere.
Melanie (Mel's Bookland Adventures)
I bought this as a gift for a 3 year old and had to read it before I wrapped it up. So lovely in particularly the illustrations, I love how the artist plays with light and shade and shapes the pages. I am sure the 3 year old will love this.
leynes
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Franklin's Flying Bookshop was a delightful tale about the little girl Luna who meets the bookworm (or should I say: bookdragon) Franklin. Together they open up a bookshop on Franklin's back. Between his wings countless books are stored for people to peruse and gaze at. Visitors may get comfy on one of the over large sofas as Franklin takes them on a trip through the sky. Sounds marvellous? I agree, I want to visit that bookshop as well. :>

To be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of the writing b
Amy Smith
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly just wonderful. Pure concentrated comfort in this lovely story about friendship, acceptance (and lack of), and love of reading. I was sure I'd like it but I really did love it - felt like exactly what I needed to read in that moment and I know I'll be reading again.
Moon
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute illustrations, massive size (so you can bask in the gloriousness of them), a bookish dragon that longs to share the love of reading and a wonderful young girl that believes in said dragon, what else do you need? It made me smile and enjoy myself as if I was a child. (I need the flying bookshop to come visit me please).
Elizabeth A
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-ya, art, 2018
2.5 stars.

The author is someone I follow on Booktube, and she is knowledgeable and articulate and knows most things books, so I was really looking forward to this picture book.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I alternated between it's okay and I like it. Here's the thing, I love stories about strangers bonding over their love of books, and when one of said strangers is a dragon and the other a little girl, that's simply adorable. However, the writing felt rather flat and uninspired, and
Marivi Sanz
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this one for me my three-year-old niece, who loves stories and books.

This is the story of Franklin, a dragon who loves reading books. He's nice and friendly to the people of the neighbouring town, but they are afraid of him. One day he meets Luna, a little girl who also loves books, and then they make a plan to bring books and Franklin to the people in town.

The story is so sweet, and the illustrations are gorgeous. I love it, and I'm sure my niece will love it too.
Jennifer B.
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just lovely! Book lovers will love it.
Charles
I don't tend to put the books I read to my nephew on here but I wished to share my thoughts.

This is the first new book I've bought for him as I work at a charity shop so come across brilliant second hand children's books quite cheaply.

When he opened the package he exclaimed, 'That's a great dragon!' And thus begun my Sunday reading. I read this book four times, and it is one of the few times my nephew has really responded to a books, joining in to shout, 'What are you?' with characters, and as
Ashley (JaffaCaffa)
I've been watching Jen's youtube videos for 2 1/2 years now and she's easily one of my favourite channels. So thoughtful and eloquent, honestly such a gem. While I've been excited about this book for a while now and enjoying hearing anything she managed to share about it, it blew away my expectations.

It was perfect.

I smiled ear to ear throughout the whole reading experience. Really wish I had a little one to read this with (thankfully I have a beautiful copy of my own so I can wait)! Cannot re
Lindsi
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an absolutely charming book! I had to read it immediately when it arrived and then I read it to the hubby and he loved it too. The story was whimsical and endearing, the illustrations were beautiful. A book that must be read by all!
Amanda
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was very cute, but I would have loved more about the flying bookshop, since it is the title. I know there is a sequel coming out later, and definitely look forward to that. I appreciated the details of the images, and how it adds more to the story and atmosphere. The rhyming seemed inconsistent, which made me wonder why, but overall, a very enjoyable book.
Hannah (flippingchapters)
This was such a heartwarming read! I think it’s the perfect picture book for both children and adults! The illustrations were stunning as well and I found myself so absorbed in the story that I didn’t want it to come to an end.
Brooke
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So one of my reading goals this year is to learn about certain illustrators and really “study” and appreciate artists with pictures and words. I’m so happy “Franklin’s Flying Bookshop” was my first by the lovely Jen Campbell (who I watch on YouTube religiously)!

Franklin the dragon loves stories and loves reading stories to people too, but everyone is too scared to even talk to him. One day, he meets a girl named Luna who, rather than being afraid, is fascinated to meet Franklin, having recentl
Shelly
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book is so sweet and going to my nephew and nieces.
Jen Campbell's magical story of Franklin the dragon, who has a love of all things books and just wants a friend to tell stories too. He finds Luna, the little girl who sees him as a fellow story teller and together they make a library.
Beautifully illustrated by Katie Harnett, there is plenty to seek out in the pictures and a magical story to ride away with. Adorable.
Alison MacConnell
I feel like I've been waiting for this book to be released forever! I was so very excited to receive it in the post today. Franklin's Flying Bookshop is just beautiful, both the words and the illustrations. It's a gorgeous story of friendship and acceptance and the love of books. I'd recommend it to children and adults alike and I'm looking forward to going on more adventures with Franklin and Luna in the future.
Karen Mace
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous, Fantastic and Fun! Franklin is wonderful!

What better mix can you get in a story than one of a Dragon who loves books?! He tries to share his love of books with others, but they aren't as receptive as he's a dragon! That is until he finds the delightful Luna who shares his passion and they set out to spread the bookish love!

Beautifully illustrated and perfect for children whether they be little or big... I'm in the 'big child' category and can't wait to read it all over again!!
Aabha sharma
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, books-i-loved
Franklin was delivered to me as I was in the middle of a mild panic attack and It seems to me Franklin’s read lots of psychology books because he sure made me feel tones better.

This story is so modern with the (SPOILERS)Kung fu bats and the mice band with their cute sunglasses but there’s something ancient about it too. The theme of being judged by how you look. The villagers who fear the unknown and refuse to show any desire to know the unknown when it presents itself. The panel where Luna gra
Jenni
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grayson-s-books
So cute!
Kaethe Douglas
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two out of three books tonight mock the scared villagers trope. Plate o' snarky shrimp.

Library copy

• The Heart of a Whale
  • Rules of Summer
  • If I Had a Little Dream
  • The Way Home For Wolf
​Jen Campbell is a bestselling author and award-winning poet. Her short story collection The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night is published by Two Roads, her children's picture books, Franklin's Flying Bookshop, Franklin and Luna go to the Moon, and Franklin and Luna and the Book of Fairy Tales are published by Thames & Hudson. Her poetry collection The Girl Aquarium is published b ...more

Franklin and Luna (3 books)
  • Franklin and Luna Go to the Moon