Start by marking “The Little Cafe in Copenhagen: Fall in Love and Escape the Winter Blues with This Wonderfully Heartwarming and Feelgood Novel” as Want to Read:

(Romantic Escapes #1)

Welcome to the little cafe in Copenhagen where the smell of cinnamon fills the air and the hot chocolate is as smooth as silk.

Publicist Kate Sinclair’s life in London is everything she thought she wanted: success, glamour and a charming boyfriend. Until that boyfriend goes behind her back and snatches a much sought-after promotion from her.Heartbroken and questioning every
Published February 8th 2018 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Little Cafe in Copenhagen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Cafe in Copenhagen

Nicola
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

The Danes have life sussed.
description
And with a hilarious, loveable cast of characters who could give any school trip a run for its money with their antics alongside an enemies to lovers romance bubbling away, Julie Caplin has a new fan.

description It’s all about making your life better through the little things.”

description
Claire Robinson
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
Best first book in a series, I have read in a long time.

Definitely an author to stalk going forwards.

Kim
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, net-galley, kindle
This was such a wonderfully warm read- which I am sure is going to be in my top 5 list this year. The setting, food and characters are all connected within a hygge theme- guaranteeing a warm, comfortable and happy feel. You can imagine yourself in Eva's cafe being wrapped in her welcome and enjoying the delicious food on offer in a cafe that makes you forget life outside.
Kate is a publicist and when she gets passed over for a promotion finds herself the only one available to run a campaign pitch
Deanne Patterson
Feel good chick lit embracing Danish culture. I now want a hygge house (Hygge is the Danish concept of living a simple, well & cosy life ) From the book I understand the Danish are very happy and eats lots of pastries. don't care about the pastries but surrounding myself with happy people sounds great to me. Working at a little cafe with cinnamon bun and hot chocolate scents wafting through the air isn't a bad idea either. And discovering the romantic charm in Copenhagen through romantic lat ...more
victoria_tonks
Julie Caplin/Jules Wake's books are always a safe bet for me. I have read six of them so far and, on the whole, enjoyed them very much. This one is basically no exception, even though for various reasons I am going to stick to three stars.

TLCiC tells the story of Kate, the PR girl, who is responsible for organizing a press trip to Copenhagen as part of the press campaign for one her agency's clients. During the trip, she has an opportunity to see the beautiful capital of Denmark and discover th
Iwik Pásková
Výborná oddechová kniha, při jejímž čtení se pobavíte, ale zároveň se dozvíte něco nového. Líbí se mi takovéto tituly, které čtenáři něco dají. Tento titul to plní hned několikanásobně. Mohu vřele doporučit.

Recenze knihy: http://www.iwikovaknihovna.cz/2019/02...
Shalini
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book which is based on the happiest people on Earth, the Danish and their concept of a lifestyle Hygge. It is all about making your life better, making life cozy, through little things, bringing warmth and homeliness. That's why they are the happiest people on this earth.

After being betrayed by her colleague and lover, Kate has to take 6 journalists to Copenhagen at the behest of a client of their PR firm to show them the concept of Hygge. And enter Ben a journalist but an unknown Prince Charm
Stacey
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
Review can be found on my blog: thecosiestcorner.blogspot.com

I honestly cannot tell you in words how much I loved this book. Much like hygge, it's more about the feels - and this book gave me plenty of them! I must admit that this novel has made me push Copenhagen up my list of places I want to travel to and now I'm pining to go there.

It has to be said that the first thing that usually makes me want to read a book is the cover, and this cover certainly doesn't disappoint. I LOVE it. It's so, so
Nicola Clough
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had heard of this author but hadn't read any of her books yet I will be reading more as so well written and engrossed you from the first page. Full of happiness and romance and beautiful Copenhagen. Also about Kate finding herself and realising she doesn't enjoy her job. Well worth reading curled up by the fire.
Kate works as a publicist and sadly doesn't get the promotion she wanted so she isn't happy especially when it's her boyfriend who has gone beyond her back and takes her promotion. She
Nancy
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming story with great little nuggets of philosophy seamlessly worked into it. Enjoyed all of the characters and the way Copenhagen was presented.
Suzanne
Wonderful depiction of Copenhagen and Danish culture. A sweet souffle.
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2018 has so far been fabulous in terms of some of the books I have been reading and at the time of writing its only been 13 days into the year! The Little Cafe in Copenhagen is another book that all I want to do is tell you to buy it and read it.

This is a warm hug of a book that wrapped me up so tightly on a cold winters day and wouldn't let me go with its undeniable brilliance, and look at Hygge and just what it means.

I'll admit what drew me to this wonderful story initially was the cover, th
Zuzana Turňová
Chcela som strhnúť hviezdičku za neuveriteľné množstvo chýb a preklepov, ale nemôžem predsa trestať knihu za neporiadnu redakčnú prácu. Originálny príbeh ma veľmi bavil a okrem toho to bol oveľa zaujímavejším spôsobom vyložený koncept hygge, než príručky na šťastný život od riaditeľa Inštitútu šťastia ;)
Alison Winter
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally amazing, was hooked from the beginning all the way through.
Nicki
I loved this book and I’m so glad I saw the tweet for a NetGalley copy on Boxing Day. This is one of those books that made me smile every time I picked it up, because I felt like I was meeting up with old friends.

I really liked Kate and was rooting for her the whole time, she felt like someone I would enjoy be friends with. All the characters Kate came in to contact with felt real and so did the situations she found herself in.

The city break that Kate goes on in Copenhagen is great fun with lots
Amanda
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable easy read. It started in typical chick lit fashion but soon changed into a 'school trip for journalists', which was witty as well as giving interesting facts about Copenhagen. I look forward to more by this author.
Theresa
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-books
I Loved this book have fallen in love with copenhagen! I loved the storyline couldn't stop reading this book loved the characters.
Reading With Lucy
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Článek o této knize na mém blogu: https://readingwithlu.blogspot.com/20...
Skvělá oddechová kniha plná hygge, kávy , pečení a romantiky. Výborná kniha přesně na zimu nebo na předvánoční čas. Já jsem se u knihy nikdy nenudila a četla se jedna báseň. Je opravdu čtivá a vůbec nemám co vytknout. Jestli hledáte oddechovou knihu, která vás pohladí na duši a u které nebudete muset vůbec přemýšlet, tak sáhněte právě po této. BYLO TO PROSTĚ SKVĚLÉ A JÁ SE NEMOHU DOČKAT, AŽ SI JI PŘEČTU ZNOVU (TŘEBA O TĚCH
Claire Watson
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Little Cafe in Copenhagen is a fabulous book. Full of great characters, especially Kate and Eva. The story develops well and I found myself totally drawn in from the first page.

This is the first book I’ve read by this author and after a couple of chapters I knew I would want to read more by her. The book is full of romance, happiness and warmth and the descriptions transport you instantly to Copenhagen.

This book is the perfect read to accompany a cuppa and a comfy sofa. Embrace the concept
Leigh
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Little Cafe in Copenhagen is written in first person with an easy to read style of writing. The chapters are quite short, which helped me speed through this book. The book can be quite descriptive with the steamy scenes - which may be a little bit off pointing for some readers. But I didn't mind it, it's described in detail, but it's more about the desire and the stirrings of love, not so much the act.

The book centres around Kate - who works in PR. She is denied a promotion - one which she h
C
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this cute book in a charity shop at the start of summer, how has it taken me this long to finally be in the mood to read it?!

This novel is heart-warming, sweet and funny. If you do not know what Hygge (hoo-ga pronunciation apparently) is then be sure you will learn a lot about Danish life and how Hygge is an important aspect of Denmark’s culture!

Hygge to sum up encourages you to drink tea, eat chocolate, make pastries, cosy up next to a fire with a good book with lots of lamps and light
Michael Cayley
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-fiction
A delightful romp. Workaholic Kate, who works for a PR agency, is beaten to promotion by her obnoxious ex-boyfriend, but unexpectedly secures a contract for her firm with a Dane who wants to open a lifestyle home and furnishings store in London. As part of the deal, she has to take a party of journalists to Copenhagen. Interspersed with hilarious incidents of six reporters behaving badly are loving encounters with Danish food, descriptions of Copenhagen, and a burgeoning romance seasoned with ma ...more
Sorrow (Hanka the bookworm)
Kavárna v Kodani je klasická romantika plná událostí a postav, které v tomhle žánru prostě čekáte. Ničím nepřekvapí, na druhou stranu se dobře čte a je zasazena do zajímavého prostředí Kodaně. Atmosféru hygge se jí celkem daří navodit a nebýt těch do očí bijících překlepů a nepříliš povedeného překladu, možná se zamyslím i nad třemi hvězdami.
Jeanie
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous warm and witty

This is my first time reading anything by this author
It's a real warm feel good factor book
Kate keeps you mesmerized through out the book life at times is a bit of a struggle but she knows what she wants
Copenhagen is such a beautiful city how could you not fall in love
Bùt is it the right man!!.
Sarah-Beth
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars mainly cos I have just been to Copenhagen and it reminded me of places I had visited.
Jenniferxoxo
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unglaublich toll, ich freue mich schon sehr auf die anderen Bücher. Ein perfekter Start ins neue Lesejahr
Ukgardenfiend
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books-read
If hygge is an adjective can you write in a hyggerly way? or is it hyggerich? If so, then this book does it.Gentle and warm style.
I loved the scene where Conrad gets locked in a wine cellar - could just imagine it happening...
The press tour concept really gives the reader a good tourist guide view of what to see and do in Copenhagen.
But I must say that if I ever stay in a 5 star hotel I would expect them to be able to loan me a phone charger...

Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

-sits swooning at the book cover-.

Oh, sorry. Will my swooning not count as a review? Fiiiiinnnneeeee!!

I’m sure you will agree with me that this cover is rather pretty, right? Thankfully, the story behind the cover is just as pretty, which makes Julie Caplin’s novel, in my eyes, the complete package.

People often say that the only person you can trust is yourself. Unfortunately for Kate Sinclair, I don’t think she got tha
Emma Crowley
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So here we are with another 'café' book and a girl running away from it all, setting up a café and finding happiness. Well that's what you would think judging the cover and blurb, right? That was my first impression anyway as I have read so many books recently in a similar vein. Thankfully this was not the case at all and I was pleasantly surprised how different this book was, The Little Café in Copenhagen is certainly a book that stands out from all the rest and I loved every minute of it. Ther ...more
  • Sternschnuppen
  • Entblößt (Colours of Love, #2)
  • Spring Beginnings (Millie Vanilla's Cupcake Cafe, #1)
  • Falling Is Like This
  • One Christmas Kiss in Notting Hill
  • The Cosy Christmas Chocolate Shop
  • Der Venuspakt (Licht & Schatten, #1)
  • Für die Krone (Magierdämmerung, #1)
  • Die Tuchvilla
  • Summer at Hope Meadows (Hope Meadows, #1)
  • Summer at Skylark Farm
  • Todesmärchen (Maarten S. Sneijder, #3)
  • Becoming Scarlett
  • Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink (Pilgrims, #1)
  • The Holiday Cottage by the Sea
  • Christmas on Primrose Hill
  • Moonlight in Odessa
  • Julia's Child

Romantic Escapes (5 books)
  • The Little Brooklyn Bakery (Romantic Escapes, #2)
  • The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)
  • The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)
  • The Secret Cove in Croatia (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)
“Being a teacher seemed to involve carting around an awful lot of stuff.” 1 likes
“PR people?’ He spat the P out and groaned the R.” 0 likes