Start by marking “Critical Failures VI” as Want to Read:
Critical Failures VI

Critical Failures VI

(Caverns and Creatures #6)

In the wake of their recent loss, the Caverns & Creatures gang are left hanging. Do their choices amount to more than waiting around to die of thirst and leaping to a quicker death? Probably, or else this would have been a much shorter book.
Published April 7th 2018 by Robert Bevan

To ask other readers questions about Critical Failures VI, please sign up.

Goth Gone Grey
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The continuing saga of gaming gone wrong, or perhaps right?

Is this serious writing with deep meaning that will be discussed with hushed reverence for centuries to come? No.

Is this filled with moral and ethical quandaries that will lead to it being taught in advanced literature classes, with essays debating the significance of seemingly minor elements? Also no.

Is this rich with scatological humor, non-politically correct terminology spouted out by PC's and utterly ridiculous situations? That.
Bram
I felt that this book meandered on for way to long without a clear direction in sight. It wasn't until the very last chapters that you got a feeling of where this book was heading, and I didn't care for it.

Other than that, it's another romp of our beloved idiots, behaving like lunatics while being badass and getting from problem to problem with the roll of a dice. There were plenty of farts and plenty of swearing to keep me going until the next installment comes around. 3.5 stars.
Steven Latta
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A huge improvement from book 5, and easily on par with the hysterical books 1 - 4. You can really tell that Bevan has stepped up his storytelling. While the first 5 books in the series had fairly linear storylines, with book 6, there are some real twists and turns going on. This includes some reveals that concern events in the prior books. Overall, this book is a return to the level of humor the series has been known for, more intricate plotting and some real character development. If the earlie ...more
Anthony
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Keeps Getting Better

I found the first book of this series by accident. I can happily say it was the best accident I've ever made. As a fairly new player, I look for these books every single time they come out, and my only regret is having to wait so long for the next book!
Shaun
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is silly and ridiculous

I love it. I wish I had a son or a nephew to corrupt with these book. Looking forward to Book 7.
Dave
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect mix of character development, story progression, and Cooper-shitting-himself jokes. An excellent installment...if you're a fan of the series, this is a must-read.
Ben Mckenna
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure where Robert Bevan was going to take his characters at the end of the last book. He left us with tragedy and a bunch of the characters in dire circumstances.

This novel picks up right away and through various twists of fate 4 quests emerge and diverge, throwing the cast towards what feels like different corners of the world. They also vary a lot, with a traditional D&D quest for one group and an almost Oceans 11 plot for another. This is one of those places where Bevan has manag
Fred Wagner
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have been a tough reviewer I seem to recall on this series. Well, tough in my world anyway. So this book seemed like a 5-star'r for a long while. But then it seemed like it would be going nowhere really save into the next book whenever that may be. That it wouldn't ALSO be a bit of a stand-alone novel unto itself. That it serves only to serve the series and not itself. This happened once before. Well, thank goodness for at least the final 2 chapters. Sure. This novel isn't much of a stand-alone. ...more
Ebony Irby
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so excited when this was uploaded to Audible. I thought, "yes, we're finally going to get an ending!". Boy was I wrong. This book was all over the place following everyone's different story after they escaped from the Crescent shadow. The addition of new storylines, characters, and adventures caused this to drag on and on. I vowed that once I finished this book, it would be the end of the series for me cause I feel like at this point the author is just dragging it out. But wouldn't you kno ...more
Chris Evans
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: litrpg
At this point I know what I'm walking into with these books. As a result, the shock humor has become banal. Worse, Flandarization is setting in and all the characters are starting to blend together in the shock humor sense.

That said, I'd actually started enjoying this book more than previous ones. There's actual character and plot progression... or there was. (view spoiler)
Robert Rice
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another cliffhanger ending..... wouldn't be so bad except these books always take about as long as the original star wars movies to get to audible.....i hope he keeps going for a very long time!!

I have finished other series books and it's ALWAYS rather depressing to know that this is it..... there's no more..... the story is done.... so i seriously hope Robert keeps writing these for a very very long time!!! Waiting for the next C & C on audible drives me crazy sometimes knowing that the pri
Gregg
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is heavily dependent on remembering the previous books, because it jumps right into the story without reminding the reader about how the characters got into the mess they're in. It has been so long between books that I wish the author had included some type of prologue. I think the concept of the books has been explored and nearly exhausted. This book ends abruptly. It's obvious that the author plans another book. I certainly hope the author doesn't try to drag this out to 20 volumes.
Hakan Jackson
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like where this serious is going. Normally I would be afraid of what I call the Gilligan's Island effect, where the goal is to get home and you get bored after watching the characters fail over and over to reach that goal. That normally includes the audience hoping they get home and after a while feel hopeless for the characters. That isn't true with this series. I don't want them to go home. I want to keep exploring the world they are in. I can't wait to see what happens next. With how ...more
Hank
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's raunchy, gut-wrenching, immature, and offensive, BUT, not at all boring. Normally I'm put off by such disgusting perversion and toilet humor, but in this case, the author merely uses it as decoration for an interesting story filled with I diverse cast of clueless characters, adventure, mystery, and surprising plot twists. I should also admit, that some of the jokes caught me off guard, and made me laugh out loud. I look forward to book 7 with great anticipation.
Jeffery Hogan
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More hilarity realistic depiction of group dynamics

Bevan has a masterful understanding of the ebb and flow of the game, as well as group dynamics.

His characters are all a little too much of what they are, bit rather than being a distraction, it comes off as a genuine person being very committed to their role playing character. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every book in this series and anxiously await the next.
Ryan
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book 👌 👍

Another awesome book 👌 👍 well written, although for being the end of the series it left allot of questions unanswered... And so I will make sure to read the next book that doesn't come in the series and hopefully get some answers 😁. Love this series though hate to have it come to an end, and would love to see it as a movie series!
Merewyn
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
😲Whaaaa???

Tim???
Tim!
I'm hating Tim right now!😤 Putting Katherine and everyone else through all of that!😡😠
And poor Tanner!😨
I'm happy with Basil and Randy's ending.☺And that most of the gang is back together...🙁poor Dave too😒Tim's not the guy I'd wanna hang out with after reading this book😥.
I just can't wait to see what happens next!!😃
Love this series!😍📚Keep them coming😎👍
Jack Vinson
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
More goofy, raunch fun

More goofy fun from the gang that have found themselves transported into their fantasy roll playing game. I’ve enjoyed the series, and I wonder how much longer these guys are going to be stuck in their alternate universe. I’ll have to read at least one more installment to find out.
Donovan
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Masterful

This was the best book in this series yet. I definitely was still guessing right up until the scene with the high cleric. Amazing work as this series continues. Well written, funny, and surprising. I still have too warn that you have to enjoy bawdy humor to truly enjoy and this is definitely not a book for non-adults.
Meghan
I surprisingly enjoyed this one better than the last couple. Will get any future books because I want to know the end. Bevan should continue focusing on the female characters because it's fun and less fart jokes.
Briana Weatherholtz
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

An excellent installment for an awesome series! Twists and turns, different storylines intertwining beautifully as the story comes together in the end. And, as always, dick jokes.☺
David Pyles
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a kinky Fucker

I'm a kinky tucker I guess because I loved this and every one of Mr.Bevan's books. They are highly entertaining and engaging. They make me want to call my buddies and roll some dice...
Tim
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one. After the last book which I gave a 2, I wasn't sure about continuing, but figured maybe it was just a miss for me and it would change with the next one.

I'm so glad I stuck with it and eagerly await the next book.
Mark Wilcox
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another giggle inducing ride with the C&C crew. Lots of typical Bevan humor, more leveling up, and some real character development. On theme keeps you guessing throughout the story. No spoilers from me. Just read it.
Christopher Swenor
This is a continuation of the story where a group of "D&D" players get sucked into the world that they are playing.

It is extremely immature, and isn't a great story.

Rating: 2 You shouldn't read this series.
Paul Elias
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well worth the read. Good for a laugh.

Think Dresden Files married Bolders Gate and their love child hooked up with your smart D&D friend. Well. Their child wrote this book.

If you have never played D&D give it a go.

If you HAVE played D&D you have to read this.
Dennis Gregory Freeman
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly funny!

This book was everything it was advertised to be and more! Not only was it hilarious but Robert Bevan is an amazing writer who could absolutely rule any genre. Thank Rasha he chose to write fantasy comedy books!
Scott Norris
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Redemption for V’s sad cliffhanger

So much for splitting the party. So many stories spinning out like Julian’s new web spell, giving tier two characters like Chaz/Steve a place to shine
Amy Asadoorian
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fun adventure!

Bevan does it again! Twists and turns and pirates and wererats and basilisks! The surprises never stop for the gang! And another lovely cliffhanger that has you yearning for more. Read it - you won’t be disappointed!
Tara Gallagher
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks for the laughs!

I've read quite a few books in this series, reading these after a stressful day at work is one of my favorite things to do now.

• DC Meets Looney Tunes
  • Going Rogue (Spells, Swords, & Stealth, #3)
  • Get Bent! (The Hybrid of High Moon, #1)
  • Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the Secret House of the Night of Dread Desire
  • The Teacher (In Their Shoes #1)
  • Ελληνική μυθολογία
  • Paternus: Wrath of Gods (The Paternus Trilogy, #2)
  • Woody Allen: A Biography
  • Differently Morphous
  • How to Lose a Marathon: A Starter's Guide to Finishing in 26.2 Chapters
  • Villains Inc. (Wearing the Cape, #2)
  • The Flux ('Mancer, #2)
  • Orconomics (The Dark Profit Saga, #1)
  • The Night Collection (The Night, #1-2)
  • A Russian Affair (Great Loves, #10)

Caverns and Creatures (6 books)
  • Critical Failures
  • Critical Failures II: Fail Harder
  • Critical Failures III: A Storm of S-Words
  • Critical Failures IV
  • Critical Failures V
“Now, tell me what business you have in my wood.” “I'm not interested in your wood,” said Cooper. “As a matter of fact, I thought you were a woman.” 2 likes
“My idea is a practical means to implement your idea, you peg-dicked monkey fucker!” 1 likes