Start by marking “Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)” as Want to Read:
Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)

Last Dragon Standing

(Dragon Kin #4)

He’s not the only flame in town…

I know what they see when they look at me. The charming, soft-spoken dragoness bred from the most powerful of royal bloodlines. A disguise stronger than any battle shield that allows me to keep all suitors at tail’s length. A technique that’s worked until him. Until Ragnar the Cunning, handsome barbarian warlord and warrior mage from the
Audible Audio
Published December 27th 2016 by Tantor Audio (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Last Dragon Standing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Dragon Standing

Start your review of Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
Jilly

I should have read that one instead. A trip to flavor-town is off the chain.

I put this one in my TSTL shelf not for the book, but for me for getting this whole series from the library even though I knew I didn't really like this couple. So, will I continue reading?

Yeah...
Catherine
This was my least favorite of all the Dragon Kin books. I admit, I wasn't looking forward to reading about Keita in the first place. The appearances she made in the previous books didn't really endear her to me. She came off more like the female characters in the Mangus Pack books - extremely bitchy. Also, that girl got around a lot. Gwenvael got around a lot too, but he came off as sweeter and funnier, and less crass. That made all the difference for me.

But, I was still extremely excited to
Blacky *Romance Addict*

This book just made me give up on the rest of the series. Bravo.
Anne
Ehhhhhhhh.
If this had been the first of Aiken's Dragon Kin books, then I wouldn't be going back for more. It's getting 3 stars from me only because I was entertained by all of the side stories that were going on in the background. 'Cause let me tell you, the romance in this was pretty awkward. And the way it ended was really less than romantic. I got the feeling Aiken was just looking for a Filler Couple so she could write about this impending battle that's going to happen in the next novel (I'm
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Never in my entire life have I taken this long to finish a book. Not even when I first started reading.
It took me an entire week and a day but A week!
I would put it down and have no interest in picking it back up.
This was just a bloody sad book. I liked Keita and I liked Ragnar and I liked them together.
But it wasn't done right. The "romance" was so forced and jagged.

The side characters kept the book going but this book just forced me into taking a long break from the series.
It's entirely
Zeek
Been awhile since I dove into this world. Book 4 sees us with Keita’s story. Daughter of the dragon queen and sister to a rowdy bunch of dragon shifters, Keita has stayed away from her family for years. But it’s time to come home. Someone is plotting for Mama’s throne, and her new baby nieces and nephew are in danger because of it.

While spending time protecting the throne from afar in the land of the Lightening Dargons up North, she runs into a Lord of said dragons leading her youngest brother
Shannon C.
3 stars: entertaining PNR but not as great as earlier books

The fourth book in the Dragonkin series, the 'Last Dragon Standing' picks up immediately following What a Dragon Should Know. We previously met Ragnar the Cunning, a Northland lightning dragon, and Keita the Viper, a royal Southland fire dragon. Keita was captured by Ragnar's father and Ragnar released her. Her antics get on his nerves and he wants nothing more to do with her. When he is called by the Queen by their alliance to escort
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Audio Jan. 2019: Back in 2012 is when I first read this one and I didn’t care for it, but now after listening to the audio I ended up enjoying Last Dragon Standing more. I think I enjoyed it more; because it's the second time around and because the audio made it that much more enjoyable. I gave this book a 3 Star in 2012, but with the audio I now feel it’s a 4 Star. I also picked up a lot more and on the subplot too.

Our lead Keita the Viper is vapid, but it's all an act. I never liked Keita, but
Hollie
This one was just a "blah" sort of read for me. I have really liked this series so far, but this one just didn't have the spark as some of the other reads. I think it was mostly because I didn't feel any connection to the hero and heroine as a couple. They just didn't work for me. They never felt realistic or genuine. Even though I didn't care much for this particular book, it was nice getting updates on characters from the previous books that I adored. I will still continue this series.
Komal
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
3.5 stars. Not on par with the first 3 books in the series. Keita & Ragnar seemed like they were thrown together; there was no real build up to their relationship. I did enjoy seeing all the other characters in the "family" and how much they've grown since book 3. An okay read, overall.
Melindeeloo
Wow there was a lot going on Last Dragon Standing which was less romance-y than the rest of the books in this series but which still had plenty of the laugh out loud moments (and a bit of the crass language) you'd expect from this Shelley Laurenston alter ego.

In the spotlight this time is Lightning Dragon Ragnar the Cunning leader of the Northern 'barbarians' who is charged with bringing Fire Dragon Keita the Viper - youngest daughter of Queen Rhiannon and sister to all the former leading
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Keita is the youngest daughter of Queen Rhiannon, and thought of as the female version of her brother Gwenvale. She's incredibly flirty, girly and known to be unreliable. However, she may not be as unreliable as everyone thinks, in fact Keita isn't what she appears to be at all. Everyone believes Keita hates her mother when she may just be the most loyal out of all the children. Rhiannon may not see it this way though when she decides to throw her own daughter to their enemy, the lightening ...more
Just Call Me Gyna
OMG - I absolutely LOVED this book!!!!! I really hadn't cared much for Keita up until this book, NOW I LOVE HER!!!!!! The story was fresh, funny, had me laughing and crying! I highly recommend this series for anyone who hasn't read it yet. GA is a GREAT author and I get lost in her stories and world building!!!!!!!!! I can't wait until the next one, but I will probably have to wait another year :(
soph
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ragnar and kieta ...more
Sandra
Another great dragon kin book. Lots seem to happen and yet there were no big battles, or wars. Just preparation for the big one coming.

It has been about 2 years, in storyland, since we last saw Annwyl the Bloody and she has since had the demon twins. Talaith has also had her second daughter, though Izzy didn't even know she was pregnant as she has been out on patrol for 2 years learning to be a soldier.

The unlikely heroine of this episode is Keita, who has been assuming a guise of stupidity and
Darcy
I just love this series, part of the appeal is the crazy antics of the dragon family, the way the all love each other, but still fight, call names, and their actions and thought patterns are like jumping beans on speed. It really takes a lot to follow some of the things that happen as the action and conversations turn on a dime, but since this seems to be the way that I think I have no problems keeping up.

In a way I hadn't been looking forward to this book as Keita is my least favorite, she has
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
3 - 3.5 stars

I thought I was going to loathe this book because Keita was not a favorite character and Ragnar seemed too uncaring, but it didn't suck. Keita is known as the whore of the family. Ragnar is a battle mage dragon who travels about as a monk. Part of the appeal of this book was the continuation of the overall plot. It's over 300 pages long, but includes many other POV's than just Keita & Ragnar.
Beth
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love when series books includes past characters that I've grown to adore. Last Dragon Standing was just such a book! It has a great plot, action packed and hilarious character interaction. So, easy, fun and exciting how can you go wrong.
Veronica Rosa
Finally done! Maybe later I'll do a proper review. Then again, maybe I'll hopefully wash this one from my brain.
Princess under cover
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Princess under cover by: Firstpella
This might actually be a 2.5 star. While I enjoy the snappy dialogue and bitchy characters (funny one), it was just too all over the place. The main couple got lost along the way early on. I was more interested in Ebihar (or however you spell his name) - the big blue dragon, and Izzy. And the best scene was when E beat up her lover Celyn.

That's about it. Which really doesn't say much about the very LONG book and the weak MCs (in relation to each other).
Ren Puspita
Re-read

Part of my binge re-read Dragon Kin series, and I had read this almost 4 years ago. You don't believe how long since the last time I read Eibhear's book. Like..2-3 years ago. No wonder I really enjoy this re-read experience. I read some subplot and trivial part that at first I didn't bother to acknowledge, or simply that I read it too fast I didn't pay attention.

I agree that the story is a little bit dragging. But, contrary to some reviewers, I like Keita. Re-read make me understand her
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Keita’s book was not what I expected. I thought there would be a lot of tupping. Lots of hot sex and only that.

I was wrong.

There is so much more to Keita the Red that I didn’t know about. In my head, she was just a girl version of her brother, Gwenvael but we soon find out that Keita has an important purpose and that she will do anything to protect her family.

Ragnar wasn’t exactly my favourite character in the previous books. However, that too changed as I read this book. It’s a testament to
Kellison
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars.

I liked this one more than the last one. I enjoyed both Keita and Ragnar, and even though there is a lot going on, I still found their story to be interesting and their relationship pretty believable. The one drawback is that Keita refuses to be Claimed, so it leaves their relationship up in the air a bit. And I guess another drawback is the situation with Eibhear and Izzy...what did Izzy expect to happen when Eibhear found out about her and his cousin? Did she ever stop to think how
Cf
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What a boring book and equally boring couple - Keita and Ragnar. I was more interested in the children and Eibhear and Izzy.

However, I am confused with the direction she is going with Izzy. I love strong women but damn don't confess your love for one man and f**king his cousin on the side and expect him to confess his dying love. I am all about a woman not waiting on a man but damn venture out beyond his family.

Hbeebti
True this was not as great as the last. But I did really enjoy it. Keita was not like I thought she would be. Ragnar was great. Loved it. This story for me was fast paced and has me laughing . OMG I want more of Blue and Izzy. Cant get enough of those too.
Paraphrodite
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2017
4 stars.

Keita and Ragnor made a good pairing but their story doesn't seem to end with this book.

To me, this book appears to act as the start of a vastly expanded world-building for this series with heaps more dragon types, mages and other beings introduced.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Beginning two years after the conclusion of the previous book, we learn that the dragon-human twins of Queen Annwyl and her mate Fearghus are in danger, and there is a possible coup to overthrow the Dragon Queen, Rhiannon the White. The Queen seeks assistance from her newest ally, Ragnar the Cunning, Dragonlord Chief of the Olgeirsson Horde, a Lightning Dragon. Of course, the Dragon Queen always has ulterior motives in her plans, and this time around, they involve getting Ragnar to “save” and ...more
Marina
I give this book 4+ stars. Another great story in this series. I love this author and her writing. It's funny and full of adventure with great cast of characters. Wonderful!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
Note to Self:
Keita the Viper(Princess,2nd older sis,200yo,House of Gwalchmai fab Gwyar,aunt,Protector of the Throne(spy),dragon,pal)+Ragnar the Cunning(Northern Lightning Dragon,bro,cousin,14th son,warrior mage, Dragonlord chief Olgeirsson Horde),

Claudia
Another great dragon kin book who brought more to the story line. The first dragon-dragon love story and I really wonder how that is going to play out of of it's going to be weird.

It was not, at least for me, specially since most of the love scenes were in human form.

Annwyl the Bloody and she has since had her twins twins, died and came back defeated the threat against her extended family and children.

Talaith has also had her second daughter, Rhiannwen, and kept arguing with Briec,

Izzy was
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
I admit.. i have mixed feelings when it comes to this book. I am of course, amazed at how the author gave the traits of each character.. they're very distinct and true til the end. Keita's character came out really strong, sexy and determined while Ragnar's character came out serious and quite powerful. I can't say they're the best couple but they do have their moments. I like it that the series continues to make me laugh out loud. The fight scene in this book? greaaat! i don't know where the ...more
Interracial Multi...: Cover Model for LAST DRAGON STANDING 1 17 Feb 23, 2012 08:21AM

• Everlasting Bad Boys (Dragon Kin, #0.1)
  • Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6)
  • Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5)
  • The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
  • Bite Me (Pride, #9)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Go Fetch! (Magnus Pack, #2)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • The Beast in Him (Pride, #2)
  • The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3)
  • The Undoing (Call of Crows, #2)
  • The Mane Event (Pride, #1)
  • The Unleashing (Call of Crows, #1)
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.6; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • Hunting Season (The Gathering, #1)
  • Howl For It (Pride, #0.5)
  • Here Kitty, Kitty! (Magnus Pack, #3)
A.K.A. Shelly Laurenston

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, Originally from Long Island, New York, lives on the West Coast and spends most of her time writing and making sure her rescued Pittie doesn’t love everyone into a coma. When she’s not writing about sexy dragons, she’s writing about sexy wolf, lion, tiger, and other fang-filled predators under the name Shelly

Dragon Kin (9 books)
  • Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • The Dragon Who Loved Me (Dragon Kin, #5)
  • How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (Dragon Kin, #6)
  • Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7)
  • Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)
  • Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin, #9)
“She started it,” Briec stated before holding his “perfect” daughter out to Talaith and announcing, “She
looks to need nourishment. Unleash your breasts for her.”
59 likes
“But there simply was no grey area for him. There was only black, white, and annoying.” 18 likes