Start by marking “The Seven Drawers” as Want to Read:
The Seven Drawers

The Seven Drawers

Gwen's life has been absolute misery for the last two months. Her father died, she was written out of the will, her stepmother kicked her out of the house, and, in that time, she's not heard a word from her boyfriend of six years.
And she might be suffering from insanity. A chest of drawers just appeared at the foot of her bed, and as she opens each drawer, she's spirited
Published October 2018 by GiraffeCrafts

To ask other readers questions about The Seven Drawers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seven Drawers

Jenelle
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seven Reasons I Love This Story:

1. This is a highly unique retelling of Snow White. Having seven drawers that each lead to a different parallel reality, all of the realms being linked through similar circumstances, but each slightly different than all the others… all woven into a Snow White retelling? If you’re thinking, “Wow, that’s ambitious!” you’re exactly right! What an ambitious concept… and so cleverly written!

2. The masterful handling of a complex idea. I was a little concerned when I be
Bea Williams
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Stellae Books. A positive review was not required. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.

This was an intriguing and interesting twist on the well-known fairytale of Snow White. We’ve got the evil stepmother, a poisoned apple, and an ill-treated girl, but Kendra E. Ardnek managed to take a well-known story and create something entirely new. It was fresh and exciting, and I raced through the story.
If you like fairytale retellings, determined (b
One thing's for sure: no one can ever accuse Kendra E. Ardnek of having unoriginal ideas. Nor can they accuse her of failing to pull off even the craziest of those ideas. Even the ideas that you think could never work, not in a hundred years, somehow do, often magnificently. The Seven Drawers, her second retelling of the story of Snow White, is no exception.

The Seven Drawers was, if I remember correctly, inspired by misspelling "the seven dwarves." From that phrase, Kendra spins a tale of paral
Keturah Lamb
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of Kendra's books. At first I was stunned by her writing style. It's so different. But it's grown on my. To the point that I think I really love it now. Even so . . . some of her books have outright pleasantly surprised me by how much I actually loved it.

This is one of those! Right next to Woodcutter Quince, I think.

What I liked:

Normally world jumping makes my mind dizzy. But I thought this was well done.
Kendra's humor is very unique — her writing is nearly purely sarcasm, ev
Meredith Burton
Nov 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
My computer will not let me rate books on this site, but I give The Seven Drawers 4 stars. The novella is an exciting, twisty adventure featuring parallel worlds, a spunky heroine, sacrifice and a delightful melding of contemporary and fantasy fiction.

Gwen's father has recently died, and her stepmother has promptly disinherited her, thrown her from the house and generally wreaked havoc on every aspect of Gwen's life. But, when a mysterious chest of drawers whisks Gwen away to multiple realms, sh
Kathryn McConaughy
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stuck in a dead-end job. Trapped in a mirror. Fleeing the huntsman. Confronting a dragon far underground. Infiltrating a tower in the shape of a cyborg. When Gwen receives a cabinet full of mysterious objects shortly after her father’s death, she finds herself travelling to seven alternate worlds and facing a dangerous challenge in each one. With the help of seven versions of her boyfriend, can she foil her evil stepmother, save her heart, and reclaim her kingdoms?
This retelling really is Snow W
Selina
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such an adventure from start to finish, I loved it! I'm not sure I've ever seen a more unique take on Snow White, and I'm so glad I read this! Disclosure: I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Meltintalle
Jan 27, 2019
Fifi
rated it did not like it
Jan 06, 2019
Jan 05, 2019
Jan 07, 2019
Marquise
Feb 19, 2019
Kendra E. Ardnek has been writing her own stories since she was a toddler. She fell in love with books, drama, and fairy tales at a very young age - and has been filling notebooks with her stories for years. Joining NaNoWriMo gave her an opportunity to be a published author at 16.

She writes her blog, homeschools, cooks, knits, and crafts when she isn't writing stories and acting them out with her