Start by marking “The Burning of Arbor” as Want to Read:
The Burning of Arbor

The Burning of Arbor

Evangeline Clarion is a fiery artist and elemental witch. She dreams of opening a gallery in her small town of Arbor, but Eva’s embrace of her own power and sexuality offends the pious sensibilities of the devout Arbor citizenry.

A gaggle Eva referred to as “Arbor’s Most Moral” sets out on a witch hunt to ruin her and drive her out of town. They attack her in the pews, in t
Published April 16th 2018 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about The Burning of Arbor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Burning of Arbor

- ̗̀ DANY  ̖́- (danyreads)
. : ☾⋆ — 2 ★

arc provided from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review (thank you ninestar press!!)

this book would’ve been great............ if only it had a plot

there’s character driven stories (70-80% characters, 30-20% plot) and then there’s stories with 99.99% characters and .01% plot, with the characters desperately trying to carry this .01% plot and to make you care about the .01% plot, but i’m afraid it didn’t really work. i’m not ashamed to say that i skimmed most of
Maria Santos
Jess
This book was provided for free by the publisher and Love Bytes in exchange for an honest review.

This review was first posted to Love Bytes: LGBTQ Book Reviews. It has been slightly edited here for content.

In and of itself, this is a good story with stunning atmosphere and a sexy, escapist romance. But it isn’t the type of book I’d normally choose, because it is mainly a cisgender M/F romance marketed as an LGBT-centric romance. But I’ll go a little more into that later.

First, here’s what I enjo
Katie Dingo
I really like books with witches in them, so I was really looking forward to reading this one. I thought it had promise; a small town in America, and witches facing a witch hunt by modern day evangelical nutjobs.

Eva is an artist and an elemental witch. Her guidance in all things magical and in life comes from her Goddess-Mother Maggie. Part of a large coven, the witches help clients heal, and create beautiful paintings, crafts and produce to sell.

Eva has stirred the hatred of the local evangel
Hasan Trower
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me up at all hours of the night needing answers! I truly connected with the characters and really loved the attention to detail when it came to the magic. As a practitioner myself it’s good to see that someone cares enough to do their research. I’m hungry for more!

I honestly don’t understand where some of the other reviewers are coming from. The author does a fantastic job explaining most things in the book. And as an answer to the issue of bisexuality, as a bisexual man, our think
Sofiraindrop
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley*
This book was excentric to say the least, but hey, I'm all over that, and in this case it was very nicely done.
I couldn't connect a lot because of the difference in age and all that, but all in al the main character seemed relatable, especially when she was petty.
It was a fun and interesting read!
April
Jan 13, 2019
Linda Clesson
Dec 04, 2018
Morwen
rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2018
Dave Hamilton
Apr 16, 2018
Elisa
Apr 25, 2018
J.L. Brown is the mother of two boys and the wife of a musician. She’s a nature lover, a die-hard Phish Chick, and Suburban Sensi momma. She reads Poe and Anne Rice, and has a serious Jane Austen habit. She lives in a little old home in Jersey, where she drinks too much coffee and enjoys good wine. She is often found raving about politics, and believes chocolate can cure most ills.