Start by marking “Blood Oath (Alexandra Cooper, #20)” as Want to Read:
Blood Oath (Alexandra Cooper, #20)

Blood Oath

(Alexandra Cooper #20)

New York Times bestselling author Linda Fairstein explores the depths of Manhattan’s secretive Rockefeller University in this timely, captivating thriller about the deep—and often deadly—reverberations of past sins.

Assistant DA Alexandra Cooper of the Manhattan Sex Crimes Unit is finally back at work following a leave of absence, and not a moment too soon. With more women
Hardcover, First, 400 pages
Published March 26th 2019 by Dutton

Linda Strong
This is one of my favorite authors and one of my favorite series. I've been following her and reading her since 1996 with the arrival of the very first Alexandra Cooper sighting.

Alexandra is back after taking off several months following the murder of her boss. First day back and she's thrown right in the middle of a case that I could see as headline news today.

A young woman has come forward to claim she was assaulted 10 years ago ... when she was just 14 years old. The name of her attacker come
Laura/Mystery in Minutes
Confidently written and utterly engaging, Blood Oath is number twenty in Linda Fairstein’s Alexandra Cooper, legal thriller series, but it is my first book by this author, and can certainly be read as a standalone. An honest-to-goodness page-turner, especially if you, like so many right now, are interested in the procedure involved in bringing a criminal case to trial in the United States, “press pause” on the news, and make Blood Oath your next weekend read!

Blood Oath features Alexandra “Coop”
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Assistant DA Alexandra Cooper is faced with trying to bring down a very powerful man in BLOOD OATH, a man that years ago groomed a young witness in a case. Now Lucy, the young woman, wants the man who used her brought to justice. But, how to prove what really happened all those years ago? It's just her word against the man in question. And, Lucy hasn't the best of reputation. Alexandra also has to deal with a personal blow when a friend of her mysteriously collapses on the street seemingly struc ...more
Amy
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-arcs
Right before I cracked this one open I realized it was the twentieth book in a series, yes the TWENTIETH and my initial reaction was, ugh no way I’ll be ok starting here! Against my first instinct I went ahead and gave it a try anyway, I mean that blurb got me, and I’m really glad I did because this was fantastic and oddly enough, starting this far into the series didn’t turn out to be a huge deal for me at all.

I could easily see how the protagonist, Alexandra Cooper, can carry a series so far,
Diane Hernandez
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Blood Oath has a plot ripped from both the #metoo and the mysterious UK poisonings headlines.

NYC head prosecutor Alexandra Cooper and her police detective boyfriend Mike are investigating Lucy’s claim of being sexual assaulted at fourteen. Lucy states while she was serving as witness, the prosecutor, Zach, took advantage of her naivete. Concurrently to Lucy’s case, defense attorney and Alexandra’s friend, Francie, takes ill on the street.

This is the twentieth book in the series but the first I’v
The Real Book Spy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Assistant D.A. Alexandra “Coop” Cooper is back on the case in the latest thriller from New York Times bestselling author Linda Fairstein.

When Lucy Jenner, a twenty-something-year-old young woman arrested in Brooklynn, freaks out makes a scene in the precinct after seeing a photo of the man she claims raped her years ago, sex-crimes prosecutor Alexandra Cooper dives into the case, searching for answers. As it turns out, Lucy is a former federal witness and, according to her story, she was sexual
Joyce
Alexandra Cooper is back! Thank goodness! I was ready to give up on the series after the last few books. NYC Assistant DA, head of the sex crimes division, is in fine form as she sorts out a pair of complex cases that ultimately intersect. All my favorite elements are here. She's still in a relationship with longtime friend Mike Chapman, and Mercer Wallace continues to work closely with her on cases. And, of course, the three always bet on the Final Jeopardy question; this time there are 3 (or m ...more
Dez Nemec
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
After returning from a leave of absence, ADA Alex Cooper is immediately thrown into a cold "Me too" case. Lucy is a young girl with a horrible past and penchant for stretching the truth. She has an all too familiar story to tell. Unfortunately, this story involves a famous federally prosecuted case for which Lucy was a witness at age 14. And her molester was a part of the federal team.

Later that evening, when Alex and Mercer are returning from a surprise party thrown in her honor, they come acro
Marca
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy Linda Fairstein's novels. I also usually learn something new about NYC. This time we learn about Rockefeller University, in the middle of New York. Many New Yorkers probably pass this campus each day and do not know the history or current function as the oldest biomedical research institute in the United States. Multiple Nobel winners and significant scientific discoveries are associated with the University. The University guest stars in this novel because a friend of Alexandra's, ...more
Kimberly
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I think this series has just about run its course. I realize that fans of the series, myself included, love the recurring characters and the location and the historic facts and nice restaurants and cute Jeopardy segments, but it has been done already. Nineteen times already to be exact. This is a great author, and she knows her stuff, but it just doesn't have the same spark that it used to have. Maybe it is time for Alexandra to retire to Martha's Vineyard with Mike, and they can solve local cri ...more
Diane Saul
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Alexandra Cooper has just come back to work after witnessing the former DA being shot. A young woman is brought to her office who is a possible victim. The woman is caught in several lies, but Alex thinks there is something there. She just has to get the woman to trust her. The alleged perpetrator is a very powerful man and she needs to be very sure before she proceeds.

The book had a good cast of characters and a decent plot with plenty of suspense. There were a couple of twists that I saw comin
Donna
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Assistant District Attorney Alexandra Cooper takes on the case of a young woman who claims she was raped by a prominent prosecutor 10 years earlier. The young woman took a blood oath to never tell. Also, one of Alexandra's friends, a defense attorney, had a seizure in the street on her way to Alex's back to work party but it soon becomes apparent this is an uncommon medical situation.

I've always liked this series. I thought it got off course with the aftermath of Alexandra's kidnapping several b
Lori
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Cooper is back, full force! Digging right back , day one after being gone for three months. She has a case that will rock the justice system and its got twists and turns that I love . That only Linda Fairstein can pull off with all her history of New York strewn throughout her books.
5 stars from me.
Jeannine
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another complex legal thriller featuring Alexandra Cooper in her 20th book of the series. I have read several of the series completely out of order, but had no trouble diving right in. Backstory is filled in effortlessly and the story flows steadily. In this tale, Cooper is drawn into a case of a formal Federal witness who takes heart from the #MeToo movement and declares that when she was an underage witness, she was sexually assaulted by a law enforcement individual. Is she telling the truth? ...more
Sheila
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wom2019
Alex is just back from leave after witnessing the murder of her boss, the NYC DA when she picks up a case that indicates that one of the other asst. DA's has raped a young witness to a crime that he is supposed to be protecting.
Karen Wegman
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can't believe this is her 20th Alexandra book. Love the characters. In my opinion, still a fun read. Does not change things up very much and it is okay. Will continue to read.
Suzanne
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good procedural with ripped from the headlines material pits Alexandra Cooper against various and sundry men not behaving well. In this era of #MeToo, the question becomes how far off the rails has law enforcement really gone. The story is tight and fast and will not break down easily along gender lines. I received my copy from the publisher through NetGalley.
Candy
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Hard to put down. Linda Fairstein is one of the best authors out there and her Alexandra Cooper can’t be beat. Lots of suspense coupled with history lessons. This is #20 in the series and it doesn’t disappoint.
Natalie
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read every book in this series and I never tire of them. Fairstein has managed to make the novels both topical and exciting. This is no exception. Blood Oath is very topical and thrusts both ME TOO and the recent use of Russian toxins into this totally engaging plot.

Alex Cooper has grown and matured over the series, a great change for series readers who often face stagnant central characters. The underlying romance between Alexandra and Mike has matured as well, which I find realistic an
Sonya Berger
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Love Love this author. Blood Oath was a fantastic, fast paced thriller. It kept my attention from page one. I enjoyed the interaction between Alex and everyone she dealt with. I liked the fact that the book had several plots going on at once and that at the end everything came together and connected. I finished this book in four hours and I could not put it down. I recommend this book to anyone that loves a great thriller and to anyone looking for a new author that is GREAT.
Evelyn
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
ADA Alexandra Cooper tackles the “Me,Too” movement in Blood Oath. Newly returned to work after being shot, she also has to prove her commitment to her job as well as threats about running for county prosecutor.

As always, Fairstein incorporates interesting facts about NYC into her novels—this time it’s the Bridge of Sighs that connects the Manhattan courthouse and jail.

Twentieth book in the series. Best read in order.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an early copy of this book. Pub dat
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
Assistant DA Alexandra Cooper is back at her desk following a lengthy recovery after her boss, New York City District Attorney Paul Battaglia, was assassinated in front of her at a public event in DEADFALL. When investigators saw Alex as a possible suspect due to the recent hostile environment in the prosecutor’s office, she was introduced to the other side of the law --- cuffed, printed, photographed, interrogated and put into a holding cell. We watched her decline from that strong, self-confid ...more
Stephanie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Linda Fairstein has been called “the queen of intelligent suspense,” and is without question uniquely qualified to write a series featuring a female Assistant D.A. in New York whose area of expertise is sex crimes, having herself worked as the head of the sex crimes unit of the Manhattan District Attorney‘s office from 1976 until 2002. I’m a big fan of the genre, so I was quite happy to receive Fairstein’s latest in the Alexandra Cooper series, Blood Oath, from Penguin Group Dutton and NetGalley ...more
Anne
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not related to the novel but whenever I read an Alexandra Cooper book I picture Olivia Benson from Law & Order SVU. I know Coop is a blonde lawyer, not a brunette cop but I can't help it. Every time Mike calls Coop "blondie," I get confused for a nano second. Anyway ...

Alexandra Cooper is back at work full-strength after her kidnapping and the shooting death of her boss, and she's dealing with a few seemingly unrelated cases: A 10-year-old cold case involving 20-something Lucy Jenner
Jo Dervan
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alexandra Cooper, head of Sex Crimes Prosecution Unit in Manhattan DA’s office, is back for the 20th book in the series. Alex had been kidnapped and seen her boss killed while he was with her in the last book. Now it is a few months later and she returned to her office where everyone was speculating about who would be elected to replace her boss.

A young woman named Lucy was arrested on an outstanding warrant in Brooklyn & brought into Alex’s office after Lucy made a sexual assault claim. It
Cheryle
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I especially enjoy reading Linda Fairstein's novels. She writes what she knows and her obvious knowledge of the subject of sexual assault is evident in this latest book. I highly recommend her books for the subject matter as well as "seeing" places in NYC that I will never physically be able to experience.

Nancy Goldberg Wilks
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blood Oath, the twentieth (20th) book in Linda Fairstein’s Alexandra Cooper series, will be released on March 26, 2019. And, this milestone book is a blockbuster.

After some difficult times and a leave of absence, Alex Cooper returns to work. She meets Lucy Jenner, a young woman who had been a witness to murder ten years earlier. Something had happened to Lucy while she was a witness; something untoward, committed by someone who had a great deal of power and prestige. As Alex delves into the ev
Lea
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The twentieth book in Fairstein’s Alexandra Cooper series is one not to be missed. The setting is her office, the courts and a really spooky hospital known as the Rockefeller Institute. I was quickly drawn into the story as Alex investigates the allegations of a waif of a girl who just shows up and makes allegations about a very powerful public figure. I was a little confused about the side story of defense lawyer Francie Fain who was headed to a party for Alex when she collapsed and was near de ...more
Lynn
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alexandra Cooper is back ! Alexandra is the Assistant DA of the Manhattan Sex Crimes Unit and has just gotten back to work from a leave of absence.

As this thriller begins, Alex finds a young woman, Lucy in her office. Lucy has a secret, one that nobody will believe. Alex convinces her to share her secret, only to find out Lucy is allegedly accusing she was sexually assaulted by a prominent member of the community.
As Alex starts diving into the allegations, she is thrown a curveball when a frie
Ed
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: legal, nyc, thriller
#20 in the NYC ADA Alexandra Cooper series. This 2019 series entry by author Linda Fairstein will certainly appeal to series fans, especially ones who had become fed up with Cooper's self-pitying story arc. The old self reliant 'Coop' is back, even if her confidence may border on arrogance. The problem with this entry is that evidence and police work is not as important as coincidence. The finale felt like a TV drama having to get all the story lines wrapped up in time for the credits to roll.

As
  • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
  • The Stone Circle (Ruth Galloway, #11)
  • Like to Die: A McKenzie Novel (Twin Cities P.I. Mac McKenzie Novels Book 15)
  • A Conspiracy of Bones (Temperance Brennan #19)
  • Wolf Pack (Joe Pickett, #19)
  • The 18th Abduction (Women's Murder Club, #18)
  • The Wedding Guest (Alex Delaware, #34)
  • The Fourth Man (Jack Reacher, #23.5)
  • The Better Sister
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
  • Before She Was Found
  • The Guilty Dead (Monkeewrench, #9)
  • The Sweetest Thing
  • Confessions of an Innocent Man
  • Someone Knows
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • The Scholar (Cormac Reilly, #2)
  • All the Wrong Places
Linda Fairstein (born 1947) is one of America's foremost legal experts on crimes of violence against women and children. She served as head of the sex crimes unit of the Manhattan District Attorney's office from 1976 until 2002 and is the author of a series of novels featuring Manhattan prosecutor Alexandra Cooper.

Like Fairstein, Alex ('Coop') Cooper is in charge of the Special Victims Unit of th

Alexandra Cooper (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Final Jeopardy (Alexandra Cooper, #1)
  • Likely To Die (Alexandra Cooper, #2)
  • Cold Hit (Alexandra Cooper, #3)
  • The Deadhouse (Alexandra Cooper, #4)
  • The Bone Vault (Alexandra Cooper, #5)
  • The Kills (Alexandra Cooper, #6)
  • Entombed (Alexandra Cooper, #7)
  • Death Dance (Alexandra Cooper, #8)
  • Bad Blood (Alexandra Cooper, #9)
  • Killer Heat (Alexandra Cooper, #10)