Start by marking “Blood Oath (Alexandra Cooper, #20)” as Want to Read:
Blood Oath (Alexandra Cooper, #20)

Blood Oath

(Alexandra Cooper #20)

New York Times bestselling author Linda Fairstein explores the depths of Manhattan’s secretive Rockefeller University in this timely, captivating thriller about the deep—and often deadly—reverberations of past sins.

Assistant DA Alexandra Cooper of the Manhattan Sex Crimes Unit is finally back at work following a leave of absence, and not a moment too soon. With more women
Hardcover, First, 355 pages
Published March 26th 2019 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about Blood Oath, please sign up.
Asteropê It was published (March 26, 2019.
It was published (March 26, 2019.
This might be the last book of the series as she was dropped by her publisher due to the controversy surrounding her past prosecutions and cases.
(less)

Start your review of Blood Oath (Alexandra Cooper, #20)
Funda Demir
Jun 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nope
CAN ALL MY FRIENDS PLEASE SEE AND LIKE THIS!

Please do not read or support anything under her name.

This woman tortured and convicted 5 innocent men over a crime they did not commit. PIECE OF SHIT. #whentheyseeus

(If you want to learn more please watch ‘when they see us’ on Netflix or research ‘the Central Park 5 jogger case’.)
Darlene
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Blood oath: Definition- "A solemn promise to keep an agreement using each party's sense of
honor or reputation to uphold the deal. In the past, a blood oath required that each party make
a small cut in the right hand and actually mix blood as they shook hands."

I have been reading and enjoying the Alexandra Cooper mystery series by Linda Fairstein for years. The latest installment (the 20th) in the series, 'Blood Oath', picks up several months after the last book ('Deadfall') ends. Alex Cooper, w
Raquel Bruce
Jun 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
This woman is a disgusting pig. She is trash, her books are trash. What she did to those boys was pure evil. She is a liar, a cheat and a thief. She stole the childhoods of 5 boys because she's a racist. She should be ashamed of herself. Linda Fairstein put 5 innocent children in prison because they were black and she thought she was above the law. Their lives did not matter to her. She is a sorry excuse for a human being and no one should buy her stupid books. She came to fame on the broken liv ...more
Lisa Jordan
Jun 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
The only time I've ever left a review for an author instead of a book, but I would not support her financially (or with my time) by purchasing and reading a copy.

If you don't know who this author is, go watch 'When they see us' on Netflix and then come back here. Or google 'Central Park Five' and her involvement in that case.

We, as readers, have the power to choose which writers we give our money to.
Laura/Mystery in Minutes
Confidently written and utterly engaging, Blood Oath is number twenty in Linda Fairstein’s Alexandra Cooper, legal thriller series, but it is my first book by this author, and can certainly be read as a standalone. An honest-to-goodness page-turner, especially if you, like so many right now, are interested in the procedure involved in bringing a criminal case to trial in the United States, “press pause” on the news, and make Blood Oath your next weekend read!

Blood Oath features Alexandra “Coop”
Linda Strong
This is one of my favorite authors and one of my favorite series. I've been following her and reading her since 1996 with the arrival of the very first Alexandra Cooper sighting.

Alexandra is back after taking off several months following the murder of her boss. First day back and she's thrown right in the middle of a case that I could see as headline news today.

A young woman has come forward to claim she was assaulted 10 years ago ... when she was just 14 years old. The name of her attacker come
Princess
May 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Horrible book by a horrible women that got innocent kids sentenced for a crime they didn’t do!!
Kelvin
Jun 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Dont waste your time on this "author" she know what she did... can't believe she made money off writing fictional books while 5 boys lost decades of their life because of a real life fictional story. Smh...
Alexis Nicole
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Plot twist ! Linda Fairstein knowingly and willingly jailed 5 kids of color for a crime they did not commit. It took 14 years to fully exonerate the kids, known as the Central Park 5, but DNA proved they were innocent and more importantly, the real perpetrator confessed!

Did that change anything? Nope! She still tried to twist the story to fit her narrative, smh!
Whentheyseeus
Jun 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Time to get @LindaFairstein ignorant ass out of here too. A pompous racist and a callous, soulless, moral compass lacking manipulator of justice. How dare you write crime novels when you have knowingly committed a crime and lied in the court of law. You are pathetic & karma will meet you despite how you think you are invincible. #WhenTheySeeUs we see you! ...more
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Assistant DA Alexandra Cooper is faced with trying to bring down a very powerful man in BLOOD OATH, a man that years ago groomed a young witness in a case. Now Lucy, the young woman, wants the man who used her brought to justice. But, how to prove what really happened all those years ago? It's just her word against the man in question. And, Lucy hasn't the best of reputation. Alexandra also has to deal with a personal blow when a friend of her mysteriously collapses on the street seemingly struc ...more
Kimberly
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I think this series has just about run its course. I realize that fans of the series, myself included, love the recurring characters and the location and the historic facts and nice restaurants and cute Jeopardy segments, but it has been done already. Nineteen times already to be exact. This is a great author, and she knows her stuff, but it just doesn't have the same spark that it used to have. Maybe it is time for Alexandra to retire to Martha's Vineyard with Mike, and they can solve local cri ...more
Franny Lions
Jun 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
You are a horrible, racist human being and a Liar. Your whole career is a Lie! How dare you unethically question children’s . You are horrible!
L.A. Starks
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This continues Fairstein's successful, NYC-based series featuring Alexandra Cooper. Fairstein, a former sex crimes prosecutor, knows her subject and knows New York and makes readers care about both.

I really liked the interwoven plots in Blood Oath. I'll say that the Jeopardy gambit has gotten old and in a few places, it felt like I was reading information dumps. (As an author, I appreciate the temptation to convey lots of details quickly, but it is easy to cram together too much backstory.)

This
Paige Turner
Jun 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Not only does this series suck, I just found out the author was the prosecutor of the Central Park Five who were falsely accused and wrongly convicted of beating and raping a poor woman in the 1990s, and who were later exonerated by DNA evidence and the confession of the real rapist. Not only was she the prosecutor, she may have coerced the confession of at least one of the young men at the time. And even though these men were set free after they were exonerated...just like that POS Trump, she c ...more
Vanessa
Central Park Five
Tiffany Sifford
Jun 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
The writer is a vile and corrupt woman who is guilty of sentencing innocent black and brown teenagers to prison. #centralpark5
Amy
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-arcs
Right before I cracked this one open I realized it was the twentieth book in a series, yes the TWENTIETH and my initial reaction was, ugh no way I’ll be ok starting here! Against my first instinct I went ahead and gave it a try anyway, I mean that blurb got me, and I’m really glad I did because this was fantastic and oddly enough, starting this far into the series didn’t turn out to be a huge deal for me at all.

I could easily see how the protagonist, Alexandra Cooper, can carry a series so far,
Novelist Dienne
Jun 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: contemporary
My friend brought this book for me since I wanted to read more mystery. I would have given it 1 star cause it felt forced and the ending felt incomplete, and the ending revolves around Cooper. It took me about a month and a 1/3rd to finish this book cause I DNFed this several times but I dragged myself through it cause my friend brought it.

But I wish I could give this book zero stars after watching "When They See Us" on Netflix. I have since then returned this book to my friend instead of burnin
Lois
Shelves: never-finished
This author used to be a prosecutor in NY. She was a part of pushing for charges against The Central Park Five.
She still insists they are guilty after the city had to pay them $41 million dollars for malicious and wrongful prosecution.
This author is a nasty racist bitch and doesn't deserve to have a publishing contract.

Diane Hernandez
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Blood Oath has a plot ripped from both the #metoo and the mysterious UK poisonings headlines.

NYC head prosecutor Alexandra Cooper and her police detective boyfriend Mike are investigating Lucy’s claim of being sexual assaulted at fourteen. Lucy states while she was serving as witness, the prosecutor, Zach, took advantage of her naivete. Concurrently to Lucy’s case, defense attorney and Alexandra’s friend, Francie, takes ill on the street.

This is the twentieth book in the series but the first I’v
Jypsy
May 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Blood Oath is the first book I've read by Linda Fairstein. This story is a bit more intense than what I usually read, but it's a good read. The plot is complex, sharp and filled with tension. I was not able to predict what would happen. This one is a psychological thriller. The characters are clever and intuitive. I found the story original and intriguing. I enjoyed it overall.
Donna Hines
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Have you ever read a book; lost interest; checked out author's bio; and came back with new hope and insight?
Yes, this is one of those books!
I was losing interest quickly until mid stream when I decided to take a short break and noticed Linda has a lovely background and extensive credentials in violence against women and children so she had my attention as I knew what I was dealing with here.
Upon completion the middle picked up and I never again lost interest as Blood Oath took off in finding the
Mark
Sorry to see some of our fellow readers bring the folktale "When They See Us" into their review...There is probably truth that lies between that propaganda hit piece and the mistakes of the NYPD and the prosecutor's office...probably more in the line of, kids, 14- and 15-year-olds, except for one who was 16 getting caught up with the mob, hormones raging, and did things they never would have done on their own...not the innocents picnicking in the park, as "When They See Us" portrays...As for the ...more
The Real Book Spy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Assistant D.A. Alexandra “Coop” Cooper is back on the case in the latest thriller from New York Times bestselling author Linda Fairstein.

When Lucy Jenner, a twenty-something-year-old young woman arrested in Brooklynn, freaks out makes a scene in the precinct after seeing a photo of the man she claims raped her years ago, sex-crimes prosecutor Alexandra Cooper dives into the case, searching for answers. As it turns out, Lucy is a former federal witness and, according to her story, she was sexual
Jack Getze
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her best one yet, and if you're a fan like me, she needs our help.
Worried we might not see more of Fairstein, as a small, politically motivated group within the mystery writing community have cost Fairstein her New York publishing contract and a lifetime achievement award from a previously-esteemed literary organization. A NYC prosecutor, renowned for changing the way rape victims are treated by police all over the world, the decades-long law enforcement executive was condemned for her professio
Joyce
Alexandra Cooper is back! Thank goodness! I was ready to give up on the series after the last few books. NYC Assistant DA, head of the sex crimes division, is in fine form as she sorts out a pair of complex cases that ultimately intersect. All my favorite elements are here. She's still in a relationship with longtime friend Mike Chapman, and Mercer Wallace continues to work closely with her on cases. And, of course, the three always bet on the Final Jeopardy question; this time there are 3 (or m ...more
Hilary
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
3.5 stars - it's starting to feel tired, and not up to the normal standard.
Danielryanambrosegmail.Com
Jun 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Surprisingly bad book, one of her worse reads.
Judie
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Assistant Manhattan District Attorney Alexandra Cooper had been next to her boss when he was murdered. She took a leave of absence to recover from the shock and is now back at work.
On her first day, she steps into a courtroom to observe one of her younger colleagues prosecute a rape case. Judge Corliss immediately goes after her, verbally, and demands to speak to her in his office. He then tells her that his wife is going to accuse him of domestic abuse.
Since she has specialized in Special V

• The A List (Ali Reynolds, #14)
  • The Wedding Guest (Alex Delaware, #34)
  • The Last Second (A Brit in the FBI, #6)
  • Neon Prey (Lucas Davenport, #29)
  • The Never Game (Colter Shaw, #1)
  • Sins of the Fathers (J.P. Beaumont #24)
  • The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware, #35)
  • The 18th Abduction (Women's Murder Club, #18)
  • Credible Threat (Ali Reynolds, #15)
  • Redemption (Amos Decker, #5)
  • A Conspiracy of Bones (Temperance Brennan, #19)
  • Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23)
  • Dark Tribute (Eve Duncan, #24)
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
  • The Girl in the Glass Box (Jack Swytek, #15)
  • Wild Card (Stone Barrington, #49)
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • Someone Knows
Linda Fairstein (born 1947) is one of America's foremost legal experts on crimes of violence against women and children. She served as head of the sex crimes unit of the Manhattan District Attorney's office from 1976 until 2002 and is the author of a series of novels featuring Manhattan prosecutor Alexandra Cooper.

Like Fairstein, Alex ('Coop') Cooper is in charge of the Special Victims Unit of th

Alexandra Cooper (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Final Jeopardy (Alexandra Cooper, #1)
  • Likely To Die (Alexandra Cooper, #2)
  • Cold Hit (Alexandra Cooper, #3)
  • The Deadhouse (Alexandra Cooper, #4)
  • The Bone Vault (Alexandra Cooper, #5)
  • The Kills (Alexandra Cooper, #6)
  • Entombed (Alexandra Cooper, #7)
  • Death Dance (Alexandra Cooper, #8)
  • Bad Blood (Alexandra Cooper, #9)
  • Killer Heat (Alexandra Cooper, #10)

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...