Start by marking “Life of Bliss (Love Life #2)” as Want to Read:
Life of Bliss (Love Life #2)

Life of Bliss

(Love Life #2)

Nobody plans to accidentally marry their frenemy with benefits.

Todd McGower and Victor Consuelos do not like each other. They can’t have a conversation without insults flying, and Victor seems to get off on pushing Todd’s buttons. The fact that their antagonism always leads to explosive sex . . . well, that’s their little secret.

Victor has a secret of his own. His full-blo
ebook
Published April 30th 2018 by Erin McLellan

To ask other readers questions about Life of Bliss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life of Bliss

Start your review of Life of Bliss (Love Life #2)
☆ Todd
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it

Fairly meh, so I'll keep this short.

While I liked both MC's, I wasn't a huge fan of the feeling of boredom that I had for a lot of the book.

It felt like I kept waiting for something exciting to happen -- other than even more "does he really care for me / I'm freaking out" internal monologues.

Plus, the story's premise of them hating one another, yeah, not so much. That wasn't remotely true and there was hardly any snark and banter to make me believe that they had *any* dislike for one another.

I s
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

Frenemies to lovers + fake relationship + Oops we got married = I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK!

"I love you the way I always hoped love would feel. Will you stay married to me?"

If you're looking for a cute read that's filled with two adorable MC's, a great cast of secondary characters, a healthy does of steam, plenty of sweet moments and a sprinkling of laugh out loud zingers....this is the book for you!

If I hadn't had a busy weekend, I would have easily read this in one
BWT (Belen)
ETA NOTE: Before you read I need to point out this review was originally for an ARC of Life of Bliss provided by Riptide Publishing in March 2018. Due to recent events the author received their rights back from Riptide and will be self-publishing the title. However, this review was written before the book was tied to Life on Pause as book 2 of the Love Life series. So while updates are being done to bring the cover and information up to date – my review was for the book when it was being markete ...more
Gustaf
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I loved the premise of this book. Waking up married is one of my favorite tropes and two frenemies waking up married? I'm onboard with that.

But, this book left me totally confused.
On one part I really liked it. I liked the story. I liked Todd and Victor. I liked all the side characters. Everything.
But I also found it boring at times. Too slow to hold my attention. I was so frustrated by Todd never being able to make a decision and Victor's dramatics.
So well yeah, confused.
I guess I can't do
~Kristin~
4+ Stars
I love a good enemies to lovers story, throw in a fake relationship where real feelings grow and I am sold. I think the way this one plays out is very realistic, you could understand the fears both MCs were feeling. I really enjoyed this one and recommend it!
Lost in a Book

Victoooooooooor!!! I had a serious case of excite finding out that Victor got his story. He was the highlight for me in book one and I had to get my hands on the sassy, hilarious, and fierce dancer. He didn’t disappoint.

Todd is a piano accompanist on summer break. We were introduced to Todd in book one as Rusty’s fickle ex. Todd and Victor were always biting each others head off and all that built up frustration led to “hate” sex. Don’t get too excited, the hate sex takes place off pag
Sandra
I read this without realizing it was book 2 of a series, but that didn't really hurt my enjoyment of it.

Frenemies-to-lovers is a fabulous trope, and the author made fine use of it in here. However, that's not the only trope in here, because frenemies lead to fake boyfriends to oops, we got drunk married.

Victor and Todd hate each other, but love to hate-fuck each other when their friends/couple Rusty and Niles aren't looking, except they really don't, because Victor hides a massive crush on Tod
CrabbyPatty
This title has a bit of a convoluted lineage. I initially received this book from Riptide Publishing, via NetGalley, for review, but understand that the author is now self-publishing the title, with a revised publication date of April 30, 2018. Also, the book was not initially identified as #2 in the Love Life series, and I suggest you read the first book in the series to get a better background on Todd and Victor.

So, anyhoo ... we first meet Todd in Life on Pause as Rusty's faithless ex. As Lif
Apolishedreader
Possum nails!
(view spoiler)

Tropetastic loveliness here! Frenemies with benefits, fake relationship, forced proximity, accidental marriage with fabulous family (Vic's), great friendships, and banter. I loved so much about this book.
We met both Todd and Victor in Life on Pause. They were both endearing in their own ways in that book. Victor, being the best and supportive friend. Todd, wanting the best for his ex-boyfriend even if that
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
The pretend Husband/Wife trope is one of my fav's.

And its not as if this one was pretend per say, it was more like secretzzzzz.

(view spoiler)

I wont spoil anymore, I will say the book was ok. Passed my Saturday. The sex scenes were on point but the chemistry was not. Le Sigh.

Mare~Slitsread
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Net Galley in exchange for an impartial review.

I loved this story! In an enemies-to-lovers theme, Todd and Victor start off as men who love to hate one another. But here’s the rub: they really don’t. Or, at least Victor doesn’t hate Todd. He goes to great lengths to keep Todd from knowing how much he cares about him, and their sexy, snarky behavior lights up a room. Heaven forbid they’d get into a relationship! But they do.

These characters were engaging ri
Christi Snow
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Review:
This is Erin McLellan's third release and this is the third book by Erin McLellan that I have thoroughly enjoyed. She truly writes just feel-good, fun-to-read, romantic books that I like to read.

In this one, we are re-introduced to two guys who were in her previous book, Life On Pause. Victor and Todd have been carrying on a secret affair. No one knows they've been sleeping together, mainly because they fight almost the entire time they're together, but a lot of that is a ruse...for t
Calila
*A copy was provided by the author for free in exchange for an honest review*

I enjoyed this a lot more than the first book in there series. The dynamic was so much more believable and compelling. The characters weren't as frustrating, though they have their moments. Especially Todd, his reluctance to just accept trying to be a couple was irksome. But I loved how Victor just jumped in head first and was open to giving it a real shot. There is a BIG ANGST moment but it did feel overblown but I get
Alisa

I wasn't sure about this going in because I didn't like Todd in book one. When this starts we find out Todd and Victor has been having heated hate sex behind Rusty and Nile's backs. Over time they've both come to care about the other but they're too vulnerable to admit it to each other. A trip to a family wedding on Vic's side opens new doors to them and their relationship takes on a serious nature.

I thought this was an entertaining, easy read. Todd's kind of an idiot for much of it but
haletostilinski
3.25 stars!

So, I was really excited to read this one. Because the blurb hinted at a whole love/hate thing (there wasn't, really) or even enemies to lovers (there really wasn't). And then the whole wake up married after getting drunk trope? Sign me up!

But..it didn't quite work for me. I really liked Victor and Todd together, they had good chemistry and they did make me smile like a loon at the end with their sweetness and just how much they loved each other.

I wanted to give this book 4 stars, I
Joyfully Jay
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Life of Bliss is the second book in the Love Life series and a follow up to McLellan’s Life on Pause. That is Rusty and Niles’ book and we meet Todd and Victor there as the guys’ best friends. In that first story, we do see the guys at odds and bickering with one another, but I don’t think you need to have read that book to enjoy this as their relationship development really occurs here.

I enjoyed Todd and Victor individually, as well as their dynamic together in
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars

I think this is mostly a case of it's not you, it’s me, or rather, it wasn’t the story, it was me. I wanted Victor and Todd’s story, even asked for it at the end of my review for Life On Pause, book one in this series, which definitely has to be read before reading this book, or you’ll be completely lost. I read it and even after re-reading my review of book one, I still felt a little lost in the beginning.

I was interested in Todd and Victor’s story when I met them in Life On Pause, but
HEChapter -Tina J
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ FOUR-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

⚠ #REVIEW ⚠
> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
I love this cover, it's what attracted me to the book in the first place. The two happy men, the bright and bold title font. It was eye-catching and appealing. The synopsis sounded like it would be a fun read, too.

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Third-person
Immediately, you catch a "Taming of the Shrew" vibe and later, one line, felt like it was straight from "10 Things I Hate About You" (Ledger/Stiles). Luckily, I
Roberta Blablanski
Stories don't get any sweeter than this. Victor and Todd are perfect for each other even if they initially fight it. They don't hold back with the snarky comments that fuel their passion for one another. I immediately loved Victor from Life on Pause, with his bright personality and penchant for gifting sex toys. I had my misgivings about Todd but he more than redeemed himself.

"I've liked you all along too. Even when I didn't like you at all."

The author takes frenemies to lovers (Todd refers to V
Ash
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it

This book has everything. Frenemies-to-lovers, fake boyfriends, wake-up-married, all wrapped up in a sexy feels-palooza. I really enjoyed this book. Head's up, it's not *necessarily* required to read the first book in the series (Life on Pause), but I heavily recommend it. Victor and Todd play a substantial role in that book and a lot of extra background would be missed if you skip it.

Both the MCs in this book, Todd and Victor, were so dynamic to read (even if I wanted to knock some sen
Dísir
I had the uncanny feeling the moment I got into the first few pages of ‘Life of Bliss’ that I was reading about a protagonist who’d been a secondary character in another previous story that I’d missed out. It wasn’t a feeling I could shake off so easily, though that might have also accounted for why I couldn’t exactly quite get a grasp on both the main characters until I was solidly halfway through it.

Todd and Victor’s backstory come to light in bits and pieces, where they find themselves as fr
The_Book_Queen
3 1/2 Stars!

Frenemies-with-benefits ➜ fake date needed for a wedding ➜ Shit! How'd WE end up married last night?!

I really liked this one! But it falls into that dreaded category of "I liked it but don't have much to say about it". Which is just as frustrating for me, the reviewer, as it is for you, the potential reader who wants to know whether you should pick this book up or not!

While I don't have much to add, I will still say yes, pick this one up. I think you'll enjoy this quick read.

There'
Cee Brown
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ღ´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ღ

Dirty little secrets.

It was bad enough sneaking behind everyone's back to have their illicit affair. Then to play fake boyfriends just to appease Victor's family. But only one spoken sentence and two drunken men would have the misfortune to think: "Getting drunk-married in Arkansas might have been stupid. Staying married would be stupider."

The marriage arrangement.

So I liked this book, and though most of the secondary characters intrigued me, I can say I am
Karen
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had read the author's new release - Natural Disaster - and didn't quite connect with the couple but liked the writing. Then I saw the teaser for this one at the end and knew I had to read it!

This was the kind of swoony, happy reading I was looking for. Frenemies to love, fake dating (after an accidental marriage). TBH – this was mostly sex (because they start out as f*ck buddies who hate each other) but each time they were together they peeled away another layer of love and vulnerability so ea
Tinnean
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Victor was a sweetie. Todd--I get he was insecure, but I swear I wanted to smack him sometimes, especially after they promised to talk things out but then HE DIDN'T!

Having said that, once I got over holding my breath waiting for the other shoe to drop, I really did enjoy it. :-D
Kobie
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Applause. ..finally, a m/m romance with men on PrEP. And I'm embarrassed to admit I learned a new word. ..enby.

Book is well written and MC'S lovable.
ConM
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance, 2018
Loved Victor.

Todd’s indecision was unattractive. I nearly felt Victor deserved better. But Todd finally got a grip, dnd the epilogue was great.
Carol (bookish_notes)
This review is also posted on my blog.

I feel like all I want to say about this book is that the characters are super precious and that everyone should GO READ IT. Because this is a book that makes me smile and makes me happy. I loved read it, and everyone should check out this book and Life on Pause! <3

This story is a standalone, but I feel like you do get a better sense of who Todd and Victor are from their intro in the first book. This book is an enemies-to-lovers story with a fake boyfriend A
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Love Life #2
Rating: 4 stars - really enjoyable

He loved Todd. Like full-blown, glitter-in-his-brain, hearts-in-his-eyes, bleed-for-him love. It sucked.

Life of Bliss is a trope-y love fest filled with enemies to lovers, fake dating, drunken marriages, secret relationships, and a fling. At first, I worried it would all be too much but Erin McLellan does a wonderful job weaving all the parts together. I was quickly sucked into the story and fell in love with both characters, especially V
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
  • Roommate
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • No Good Mitchell
  • Merry Measure
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Bat Boy (Easton U Pirates #1)
  • The Husband Gambit
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • Glass Tidings
  • Ranger
  • Boyfriend With Benefits
  • Spotlight (Famous #2)
  • Common Goal (Game Changers, #4)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
Erin McLellan is the author of the Farm College, So Over the Holidays, and Storm Chasers series. She enjoys writing happily ever afters that are earthy, emotional, quirky, humorous, and very sexy. Originally from Oklahoma, she currently lives in Alaska and spends her time dreaming up queer contemporary romances. She is a lover of chocolate, college sports, antiquing, Dr Pepper, and binge-worthy TV ...more

Love Life (2 books)
  • Life on Pause (Love Life, #1)