Start by marking “Poison by Punctuation (Chalkboard Outlines Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Poison by Punctuation (Chalkboard Outlines Book 2)

Poison by Punctuation (Chalkboard Outlines Book 2)

Emma and her best friend, Leslie, are desperate to solve this murder. But suspects abound. The perpetrator could be a teacher, an administrator, a member of Kisten’s
Published April 24th 2018 by Red Adept Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Poison by Punctuation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poison by Punctuation

Briar's Reviews
This sequel is another thrilling yet cozy mystery that is set in the halls of a high school!

We continue on in this book with Emma and Leslie in yet another pickle. This time around, a student was murdered! The suspense is excellent in this story - I felt myself being pulled in even farther into the story as each page went by. It really hooks the reader and makes them feel committed! Throw in some A grade comedy, fantastic character development and lots of education allusions and you've got one
Dianne
Quirky and a little crazy, this cozy mystery will keep readers on their toes as murder hits close to home in the hallowed halls of education. High school teacher Emma Lovett and her best friend, Leslie are determined to find justice for cheerleader, Kristen Hollis. Will they be putting themselves in the cross hairs of danger?

How can they find a murderer when the murder weapon is far from normal? The plot thickens as the list of suspects grows. Was it the new teacher? The zealot preacher? A stud
Thamy
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the second book in the series about an English teacher who's moved to a small town where the police isn't the brightest. At all. Along with her friends, they end up investigating happenings in their school on their own. This time, many students and even Emma herself have received threats when someone is actually killed. That's when Emma meets the forensics doctor Will, who'll join forces with her friends in finding out the culprit, and sway her heart from Hunter.

I've read the first numbe
Píaras Cíonnaoíth
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read for all whodunit fans!...

Author Kelley Kaye weaves a witty mystery adventure, with intriguing twists and turns that will easily captivate the reader’s attention from the beginning. The author paints a humorous and entertaining story in a very vivid and convincing way. In addition, the characters are drawn with great credibility and conviction. It’s a fast-paced novel that will keep you engaged from the first page to the last.

The book description gives a sneak preview: ‘High school te
Dee
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone of this genre
Recommended to Dee by: Author
Poison by Punctuation - Bk 2 Chalkboard Outlines - Written by Kelley Kaye - Reviewed 5/12/18 - Read 4/23-24/18
I never realized that High School could be so dangerous!!!!!

High school teacher Emma Lovett is finally recovering from her first year of teaching when she discovers another dead body. As if that wasn’t bad enough, this time, someone has killed a student, Kisten Hollis. Emma and her best friend, Leslie, are desperate to solve this murder. But suspects abound. The perpetrator could be a te
Nia Ireland
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love cosy mysteries so much - this one featured the utterly and deliciously far-fetched murder of a high school student (actually very sad, come to think of it) and the clues are fed to you throughout, sending you in all directions until the conclusion which is a complete surprise!

Emma and Leslie are amateur sleuths of the highest order; they disregard all notions of personal safety and police procedure, jumping headlong into their own investigation of the suspicious death of a student. Their
Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review)
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-work
Emma has survived her first year of teaching (and the fallout of finding a murderer!) and is starting the second year full of hope and plans.  Some of the plans involve Hunter, and finding out why they seem to be dancing around each other (does he no longer want to be going out with her?), but a lot of this is derailed when graffiti is sprayed in the new gym complex, bullying letters are being sent to the cheerleaders (and some of the staff) and even more derailed when one of the Cheerleading te ...more
Babs
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Emma has made it through her first year of teaching and what happens next? Her friend, Leslie, and herself investigate the murder of a cheerleader. They want to see justice and they will. They are so great together and you can’t help but laugh. They don’t care about their own safety in goes out the door but these two always get the job done.

The characters in this book are ones you come to like and want to learn more. The pages will be turning in the readers hands. The author does an excellent jo
Cherie Kephart
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Poison by Punctuation is another highly entertaining and quirky cozy by the talented and imaginative author Kelley Kaye. I devoured the first book in this series, Death by Diploma, and was excited about its sequel. Thankfully, this book did not disappoint. What a fun bunch of adventures these two heroines, Emma and Leslie, get into while trying to solve yet another murder at the high school where they teach. The characters are intriguing and enjoyable to follow. My favorite is Leslie Parker, the ...more
Ron Mac
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A cozy mystery …the sequel
~First, I’ll state that I received this book as a gift from the author to read and review.
~Once again, I enjoyed this book. The characters are engaging and the author, Kelley Kaye, is beginning to fill them out. Reading between the lines, we learned a bit more about what makes them act and react the way that they do. I am beginning to see real loyalty between several of the main characters. Even some of the satellite characters are becoming more interesting.
~Being that
Jena Henry
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
“You all need to fail.” Not the words you want to see spray painted on the gym wall.

Heroine Emma is a second-year teacher English teacher at a small-town Colorado high school. She and her best pal Leslie, also an English teacher, solved a murder mystery last year- so they are ready once again to investigate an usual death. This is the second book in this entertaining series, and it reads just fine as a stand-alone.

Both of them together are comical and fun. Here is Leslie as the two get ready to
Sheilah
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
When I read the first installment, I was pleasantly surprised and was interested to see what other adventures Kelley Kaye had to share for these two teachers, Emma and Leslie.

Emma and Leslie are likeable and light women. Even when death looms above them, they continue to smile and investigate. However, like several of the characters, their characterization is quirky in a dated way. They talk more like 50 year old women than late twenties/early thirties ladies. So I guess you can call them old so
Mary
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poison by Punctuation is the second book in the Chalkboard Outlines cozy mystery series by Kelley Kaye. Where Death by Diploma, the first book, took place during Emma’s first year teaching in Pinewood, Colorado, Poison by Punctuation takes place the next year.

Teachers Emma and Leslie have set out to make their lives healthier. Given that the prior year, Emma had been attacked twice, they decided they needed to find some sort of exercise that would be safer than running through the streets. Besid
Charles Ray
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After a rocky start at Thomas Jefferson High School in Pinewood, Colorado, Emma Lovett is finally settling in. She and her best friend, Leslie Parker, are happy not to be stumbling over corpses, but the idyllic live is not long lasting, for soon they find the body of a student in the gym, an apparent overdose, which is soon discovered to be ‘murder most foul.’

Emma and Leslie, of course, feel obliged to investigate—after all, they did solve t he case of the janitor’s murder. This time, though, th
Inishowen Cailín
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Chalkboard Outlines is proving to be my newest favourite cozy mystery series.

There are so many things about this story that I just loved. The character development is brilliant. Leslie and Emma are so funny as best friends and they are just great together as partners in solving crime. They make the perfect partnership.
Hunter is still a cute character but I couldn't help but really like Will the doctor as well. It's always good to a have a gorgeous doctor on speed dial and a well written love
Shannon Binegar-Foster
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story very much. The characters interacted well together. I was sure I had figured out who the killer was but was completely surprised when it was revealed. I would have given it 5 stars however the on again off again Southern Accent was really hard to follow. Consistently using “Ah” instead of I really was a stumbling block for me and made those sections hard to follow.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Brayden
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

Emma and Leslie are so much fun! Loved being a part of their new adventure. The mystery kept me guessing until the very end. The story included good positive messages on struggles teens (as well as adults) face regularly. I enjoyed this book!
Barb Foerst
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I found this story hard to get into. It took me days to read. Finally over halfway through the story I finally was interested in what happened to plow to the end.
Meghan
May 13, 2018
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I received a complimentary copy of this novel courtesy of Author Kelley Kaye in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. Will post full review when complete.
Holly Ann
Peggy Clayton
Nancy Luebke
Shannon
Jun 20, 2018
Kelley Kaye taught High School English and Drama for twenty years, but her love for storytelling dates back to creating captions for her high school yearbook. Maybe back to the tales she created around her Barbie and Ken—whatever the case, the love’s been around for a long time.

Kelley is married to this amazing man who cooks for her, and they have two funny and wonderful sons. She lives in Souther