Start by marking “Whiskey Chaser (Bootleg Springs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Whiskey Chaser (Bootleg Springs, #1)

Whiskey Chaser

(Bootleg Springs #1)

"I'm afraid my vagina might turn itself inside out if you try to give it another orgasm so soon." — Scarlett Bodine

Raised by her three overbearing brothers, Scarlett is a hell-raising tomboy with a tool belt. A tornado stirring up trouble everywhere she goes. Her favorite pastimes? Drinking any man under the table and two-stepping. But she has zero interest in love. Scarle
Published April 13th 2018 by That's What She Said Publishing

Start your review of Whiskey Chaser (Bootleg Springs, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Whiskey Chaser is book one in the brand new series, Bootleg Springs, by both Lucy Score and Claire Kingsley. I’ve read several of Claire’s books but this is my first time with Lucy. So let me say this first…WOW WOW WOW! This book was amazing. I loved it from the first page until the last. It is everything I hoped it would be and so much more!! There are going to be six books in all, each about a different couple but with one mystery running throughout the series. So, in the author’s words:

“We
Bibi
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
If you liked Becoming A Vincent by C. M Owens, you'll love Whiskey Chaser! ...more
Jilly
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is set in West Virginia, but it could almost be set in any small town in the South. It has all the southiness you could ever want.

"Grab some flip flops and let's go!"

"I don't own any flip flops."

She goggled at me like I'd just confessed to hating babies.

This is maybe not known as well as so many other Southern eccentricities, but we wear flip flops for everything. If we are going to a fancy restaurant and need to wear a dress, we will wear our nice, dressy flip flops with the beads or r
Alex ♈
*** Life was short, and orgasms were great. ***

Such a cool heroine! Loved her!
I’m a fan of strong and spunky women, and this one didn’t disappoint.
Scarlett made this book for me. Floved her sass!

"I don’t see much point in sittin’ around keepin’ my mouth shut. Life’s too short."

No one is perfect and this heroine wasn’t either, but she was definitely soooo much better that the average they sell us as a female character in CR.
SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

Finally a woman, who not only enjoyed se
Stacey is Sassy
I'm doing a happy dance...

A Goodreads friend recommended Whiskey Chaser and I'm absolutely STOKED that she did. There is NOTHING better than starting a new series, trying new to me authors and having SUCCESS with a sub-genre that normally drives me BONKERS!! There were happy dances and big goofy grins at the end of this one. I LOVE FINDING A GOOD READ!!

I normally struggle with small-town romance but this was nothing like the ones I've tried in the past. I loved that the townspeople were friendly
Ivy Deluca
Did ya bring snacks?
description
Cause I'm chatty today, just warning ya. Here we go.

Scarlett Bodine manages things, like her own handyman service, as well as her overprotective brothers. They’ve just buried their father, and their relationship (with him and each other) are most definitely complicated. But it’s Bootleg, West Virginia, so what do you do? You have a bonfire.

Devlin McAllister has been hiding out, aka licking his wounds, at his grandma’s cottage, which coincidentally is right next door to Sca
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
"She was my adventure and my safe place."
description

Whiskey Chaser is the first book in the Bootleg Springs Series. Offering a light and hilarious romantic comedy, Lucy Score and Claire Kingsley has created a picturesque town full of fun and rowdy characters that will keep you guessing with every turn of the page. Scarlett Bodine is a spunky woman who has spent her life keeping her family together and living it up in her small town. When a hunky hottie from the big city moves in next door, it beco
maggieandteddy
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: co-authored
I recently started reading Lucy Score's Books. This is my 4th. I was looking forward to this book's release. It's co-authored by Claire Kingsley.
The cover suggests a light hearted romance. For the most part, that's true. I do like the little bite that it has to it-mainly due to the heroine, Scarlett Bodine.
She is an "everywoman". She's not just handy, she's got mad mechanical skills. She owns her own business-mainly home repair jobs for the townsfolk of Bootleg Springs, WV.
No job is too big o
Dilek VT
3,5 stars

This book is the first book in a “small town romance series” that involves many elements such as comedy, romance, passion & mystery.

***********************************************

The series will be made up of 6 books and the mystery will be solved in Book 6. It feels like forcing readers to buy all 6 books to learn how the mystery is solved – nope, not cool.

Well, anyways, the mystery isn’t something I was interested in at all because it felt as if incorporated into some fun light roma
Cyndi
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a lot of fun! I love the town of Bootleg Springs and it’s crazy residents! Scarlett and Devlin are great together! I like Scarlett’s brothers too, but I might skip Gibson’s book because he is supposedly a manwhore🙈 The crime mystery was a little out of place to me, but I still loved the book!
Hannah
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Super cute. I would have liked a little bit more communication but I do get where they were coming from, at least (this is not always the case).
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all, a huge thank you to Samantha, who recommended this book to me on twitter. I have never heard of this author and this is a start of a new series, and I am on board. Such a fun, sexy book with a great heroine.

Devlin is a Maryland state representative, married with a plan to make it to Washington, D.C. But when he discovers his wife is having an affair, and punches the guy, he is labeled a disgrace by political society. After ending his marriage and needing to lay low for a while, he
Jacob Proffitt
The first half of this was enormously fun. I laughed enough that Melissa started giving me side-eye. The banter is great, sure, but the town and people popped as well. And yeah, some of the laughs were manufactured but the authors pulled it together with just the right amount of surprise to keep it fresh (and funny) anyway.

And it doesn't hurt that both protagonists were delightful. Scarlett is engaging as the down-home, unabashedly redneck girl with the thriving handyman business who knows what
kookyquinn
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't care what you have on the top of your TBR. Shove that shit aside and read THIS.

God I laughed so hard so many times. I was also trying to work out the plot and on the edge of my seat. Speaking of seats. Hot! My couch was in danger of needing a cleaning a few times! Woah!

Step aside chocolate and peanut butter. Lucy Score and Claire Kingsley have replaced you as a match made in heaven.
Maria
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I needed some time to write this review because I want to confess that initially this book with this plot is not my typical read. Fortunately I had to rethink about my assumptions because this book was freaking unbelievable. I admit everything took me by surprise, Scarlett is an independent and strong woman who wants to have fun and mostly is not a prude. She is the only girl of a strange family and when she encounters her temporary next door neighbor, she firmly decides that the man is her n ...more
Joyce
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Moonshine and bonfires
Oh, my stars, I loved this book!
When Devlin McCallister arrives at his grandmother’s house in Bootleg Springs, disgraced and stunned from a spectacularly imploded career, he wants nothing more than to hide out and lick his wounds. Scarlett Bodine has other plans though. And you don’t say no to Scarlett. And so, begins their friendship. The city lawmaker and the country Jill of all trades.
This has all the elements that Lucy Score does so excellently. Family, witty banter, l
KathyB
It took me a while to get through this book, but I liked it. It wasn't a page turner for me, it was easy to put down even though I loved the goofy characters. The large cast was endearing, very loveable and dysfunctional. Reminded me of the Winston Brothers series by Penny Reid and Becoming A Vincent by C.M. Owens. I enjoy small town stories so I'm looking forward to reading more, next up Sidecar Crush.

This can be read as a standalone, but there is a mystery which will continue throughout the se
Nicla

Highly recommend this series especially if you are looking for a fun and swoon worthy small town romance.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: High
Instant Love: (view spoiler)
Alla
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good. First one in the Bootleg Springs series.
The main characters are fantastic and the second characters also.
Not everything is resolved in this first book (a missing person case from many years back pops up) so I will definitely keep on reading this series.
This couple´s story is done and we get a new one in the next book and hopefully some more insight into the missing person case.
2.25 stars.

I think I’ve outgrown my enjoyment of Lucy Score’s books. I’d also forgotten that she writes from the first person POV and I rarely find that narrative style enjoyable. The dialogue and small town vibe come off as a little immature and silly. Maybe I’m just not into the chick lit genre. Everything seemed like it was trying so hard to be funny: all the overreacting to situations, the dialect, and the raunchy humour was just not for me.

The erotica aspect of her books definitely isn’t
Raine
Not bad for the first book in the series

This book is the first in the series and actually pretty good. There is a mystery that looks like it may be the arc for the entire series. I like the female main character, but the authors kinda made her seem a little too much like a small-town hick or redneck, something that didn't sit to well with me. The also made the male main character a bit is a wuss.
Valerie
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This boookkkkkk!!!! FLOVE it!! Bootleg Springs is a town everyone needs!! Scarlett is amazing. She's is a hilarious, kick ass, lovable heroine. Devlin ohhh Deviln you sweet sexy man. Great story with tons of humor, quirky lovable characters, a little mystery, and sexy times!!! Looking forward to the next books!
Anna
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
It was good on first part, and it was so long and boring the other half....
The MCs were ok. Loved the heroine.
No cheating, no OP scenes.
A bit OW drama, only a bit
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brandi
I just absolutely loved this. Everything from the town to the characters to the mystery.

I.
Loved.
It.

How often can you read a book where everything about it makes you feel good?

Welcome to Bootleg Springs, a town so rich in tradition you'll almost choke on it.
The town with the softball games that leaves everyone too drunk to play.
The town known for it's Moonshine.

Whiskey Chaser was that feel good book that had you rooting for the couple from the very first page. You didn't know what you were
Jaime
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m so thrilled for this new series from Lucy! Small town - check. Broody, grumpy males - check. A kickass heroine - check. A town chicken - check.

This book is laugh out loud funny yet there are underlying deeper complex issues that surface in the Bodine family and the town!

Scarlett, the youngest sibling - the caretaker, the fixer. She is AMAZING! I love her feistiness, her need to live love to the fullest and her crazy antics!!

Devlin didn’t want to be sent to West Virginia, he was used to hi
Carol
4+++ stars.
Had this on my to read list for way too long.
I have enjoyed both Claire Kingsley's and Lucy Score's solo works before and now I can see that these two authors collaborate really well together also.
I am definitely down for reading the rest of this series.
Maybe I will review this in more detail after I read the next one - "Sidecar Crush".
It had a whole lot of crazy, but that only made me smile a lot while reading.🙂
Fast read and I could have read this in one sitting if I didn't have to
NovelMomma
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Rating - Is infinity an option?

Okay, you need this book in your life. Not only is it perfect, it is the start of something absolutely amazing! Lucy Score and Claire Kingsley couldn’t be a more perfect team. As soon as they announced they would be co-authoring this new series, I knew it was going to be epic! And, let me tell you, I was not disappointed in the least!

This book has it all! Fun setting, amazing characters, romance, heat, and a mystery that has my mind reeling...yep..all that and so
Yels
Dec 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
No one:
Absolutely no one:
Scarlett: Y'all

Whiskey Chaser follows Scarlett and Devlin in a small town in West Virginia. Scarlett is a life long resident of Bootleg, WV while Devlin is a disgraced politician from Annapolis. They are drawn together by Devlin's grandmother and because they find each other attractive. As their relationship progresses, Scarlett and Devlin have to figure out what they want and if they fit in each others lives.

Wow, I hated this book. I only finished because once I sta

• Reckless Miles (Miles Family, #3)
  • Forbidden Miles (Miles Family, #2)
  • Hidden Miles (Miles Family, #4)
  • Broken Miles (Miles Family, #1)
  • Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Path To You (Jetty Beach, #7)
  • Weekend Fling (Jetty Beach, #5)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • Behind His Eyes (Jetty Beach, #1)
  • Good Girl Next Door (Jetty Beach, #6)
  • Protecting You (Bailey Brothers, #1)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • One Crazy Week (Jetty Beach, #2)
  • Messy Perfect Love (Jetty Beach, #3)
  • Cocky Roommate (Book Boyfriends, #2)
  • Operation Get Her Back (Jetty Beach, #4)
Lucy is a Wall Street Journal and #1 Amazon Kindle Store bestseller of romantic comedies and contemporary romance. She grew up in rural Pennsylvania with a lot of time on her hands and a big imagination. She was the oldest of three in a book-obsessed household. Dinners were often spent in silence while family members had their noses buried in books. A passion for writing took hold at five when she ...more

Bootleg Springs (6 books)
  • Sidecar Crush (Bootleg Springs, #2)
  • Moonshine Kiss (Bootleg Springs #3)
  • Bourbon Bliss (Bootleg Springs Book 4)
  • Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5)
  • Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)